BigKling's Playthrough Notes

Please keep that file! I have a LONG list of requests!

Anyway. . .

[spoiler=More Eremiya]I still don't like her, even with the Darksphere's influence. Why she'd smile, even with her obvious maternal instict warped to all hell is beyond me!

Interesting question: Would you say the same of Hardin if he wasn't a character in Shadow Dragon? I mean, on a technical scale, Hardin's tragedy (heavy exaggeration - "Bawww Nyna won't jump my boner") - while still pretty dang sad - can practically be seen as petty compared to the deaths of a large amount of children.

It's also rather interesting that -Gharnef- of all characters got more character details to this. Of course, this begs the question - didn't he think to try using the Darksphere on Marth? He probably had a perfect chance after the SD prologue, but I'd guess he passed it up due to, say, underestimating his importance or whatever Villain Ball he might've held at that time.

(And I wouldn't buy "Marth is incorruptible" as an answer, considering that a empathis is put on how similar Marth and Hardin are.)

Edited by Kiddo

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, If I am remembering correctly, and please correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't Marth hiding in Talys, so no one knew where he was? I remember in the anime, Jagen mentions that defending Talys against the bandits would give away their location. So, if Gharnef could not locate Marth, how could he offer him the Darksphere?

Interesting question: Would you say the same of Hardin if he wasn't a character in Shadow Dragon? I mean, on a technical scale, Hardin's tragedy (heavy exaggeration - "Bawww Nyna won't jump my boner") - while still pretty dang sad - can practically be seen as petty compared to the deaths of a large amount of children.

It's also rather interesting that -Gharnef- of all characters got more character details to this. Of course, this begs the question - didn't he think to try using the Darksphere on Marth? He probably had a perfect chance after the SD prologue, but I'd guess he passed it up due to, say, underestimating his importance or whatever Villain Ball he might've held at that time.

(And I wouldn't buy "Marth is incorruptible" as an answer, considering that a empathis is put on how similar Marth and Hardin are.)

Probably. Hardin of all people should've realized that royal marriages were not necessarily for love.

As for why Gharnef didn't try the Darksphere on Marth. . .I think it's because he still had a small company of guys loyal to him, and after the shock of what happened after the events in Altea, they would've been plenty suspicious of anyone that tried to approach the prince!

Honestly Gharnef would have no need to do that in the first place. What good could a weakling like the Lv 1 Marth do with no political power at all? Both Eremiya and Hardin held the power over people, potentially a great number as well, as Eremiya had time and resources on her hands. I honestly do not think Marth was even worth the trouble in the prologue of Shadow Dragon, unless he was to be taken care of early by Gharnef.

And yeah, just for the record, I agree - Eremiya completely and totally owns Hardin. Hardin just found that his love for a few years had a crush. Eremiya found out that all of the ones she loved for years upon years upon years had been crushed under a burning orphange.

Doesn't quite compare.

Eremiya must be pretty old or something.

Further convinced myself that Eremiya just fainted back there. :awesome:

Edited by Maria's bro

Honestly Gharnef would have no need to do that in the first place. What good could a weakling like the Lv 1 Marth do with no political power at all?

Weakling or not, Marth was from the bloodline of the hero Anri who slew Medeus previously. Typical High Fantasy logic applies here; Gharnef could have figured that if he didn't either corrupt to kill Marth earlier, that he'd become one of the greatest threats to his plan.

I guess the real odd thing is just how successful Marth's "going into hiding" went after the sacrifice trick. No more close calls, there?

Remember, Marth was the exiled (sort of) young prince of a small country whose army had been all but destroyed and Gharnef had Falchion and his sister on top of a massive army and dragons. Oh, he was also had Imhullu and had killed Miloah, leaving only Gotoh who could potentially lead to defeating him. Does Marth really seem like much of a threat?

Off-topic: Why can only girls use Aura if it's Miloah's magic, and he was Linde's father?

Off-topic: Why can only girls use Aura if it's Miloah's magic, and he was Linde's father?

I'm not sure... they do the same thing to Resire, another 'Light' type magic (despite all tomes being grouped toguether it doesn't matter gameplay-wise). Then again, that about Miloah... yeah, maybe just for gameplay?

Since, the same could be asked about Excalibur and why only men can use it despite also in-game lack of backing for this claim...?

Remember, Marth was the exiled (sort of) young prince of a small country whose army had been all but destroyed and Gharnef had Falchion and his sister on top of a massive army and dragons. Oh, he was also had Imhullu and had killed Miloah, leaving only Gotoh who could potentially lead to defeating him. Does Marth really seem like much of a threat?

Originally only Linde could use it as she had Miloah's blood, I guess IS thought it shouldn't be restricted to one character and changed it up.

I'm not sure... they do the same thing to Resire, another 'Light' type magic (despite all tomes being grouped toguether it doesn't matter gameplay-wise). Then again, that about Miloah... yeah, maybe just for gameplay?

Since, the same could be asked about Excalibur and why only men can use it despite also in-game lack of backing for this claim...?

men like to cut things (aspecially with air I guess?) and girls like shiny light

answered.

I believe one of Merric and Linde's base convos touch on the subject of why males can't wield Aura. I just kind of skipped past the convo, but I did notice Merric being puzzled as to why he can't wield it despite Miloah being able to.

I believe one of Merric and Linde's base convos touch on the subject of why males can't wield Aura. I just kind of skipped past the convo, but I did notice Merric being puzzled as to why he can't wield it despite Miloah being able to.

But Miloah couldn't have been the exception because Gharnef almost inherited it.

Unless.........Miloah is really a woman wearing a fake mustache, which is why Gharnef was passed over, so he went crazy for no reason.

I'm getting kind of confused here. Miloah is an exception, but he may not be the only exception. Gharnef could have inherited it, while I *think* Merric is still interested in studying how to wield it by the end of his convo with Linde.

Anyway, my main reason for mentioning the convo was maybe Big Klingy might be interested in looking at it.

I see there's been some interesting discussion here. Sorry I've been gone for a while, my internet quite lirterally died. At least it gave me time to cover a bit more, translation-wise.

Ah, first, I got caught up in my translations for 20x, and forgot one very important gameplay detail. One of the enemy snipers has a droppable Longbow. This is, to my knowledge, the first droppable one in the game. Actually, I believe it's the only one in the game. So those taking the longbow into account for tier lists/lunatic strategies, remember that it dosen't come until this late in the game.

Chapter 21:

Any yes, this does include the Michalis dialogue.

Everyone's conditions:

Malissa: +luk, res

Tomas: +14 exp

Daross: +skl, res

Wrys: +skl, luk

And now, the final stat update before going into the final act of the game. The next one will be the final, post-game stats.

Marth

Lv: 27

HP: 45

Str: 22

Mag: 0

Skl: 18

Spd: 23

Luk: 27

Def: 13

Res: 1

Comments: Pretty similar. I think I'll save overall impressions until the end.

Klingy[MU]

Lv: 14

HP: 60*

Str: 27*

Mag: 5

Skl: 25*

Spd: 21*

Luk: 18

Def: 29

Res: 6

Comments: I think the game broke... again.

Barst

HP: 60*

Str: 30*

Skl: 26*

Spd: 23*

Luk: 22

Def: 16

Comments: Dosen't change much after maxing Str, Skl and Spd. I may just reclass him to Zerk and level him a bit in the arena to get his Speed up, so he's not totally screwed on WiFi.

Linde

HP: 40

Str: 3

Mag: 18

Skl: 27

Spd: 25*

Luk: 30*

Def: 4

Res: 11

Comments: Vincent, how did you get her Magic so high??

Nabarl

HP: 51

Str: 24*

Mag: 1

Skl: 26

Spd: 30*

Luk: 21

Def: 17

Res: 4

Comments: Now that the averages have been released, I can officially say he got hideously Luck screwed. With a 70% growth at that! Ouch.

Ogma

HP: 59

Str: 25*

Skl: 28

Luk: 23

Def: 18

Comments: He should not be leading Nabarl in Luck. Something's very wrong... Still, good, I'm starting to feel that the Hero class really suffers in this game.

Feena

Lv: 23

HP: 29

Str: 16

Skl: 19

Def: 7

Comments: Ah, sadly not nearly as good a fighter as she was in the original FE3 at high levels. Could the have at least given her a better Speed cap? Still, shouldn't be complaining, just having a dancer is immensely useful.

Ryan

Lv: 13

HP: 49

Str: 24*

Skl: 30*

Spd: 27

Luk: 11

Def: 16

Res: 3

Comments: His speed take a little while to hit the cap, but it will eventually. Aside from a few luck problems, a great late game Sniper.

Catria

Lv: 13

HP: 49

Str: 24

Skl: 26*

Spd: 23*

Def: 19

Comments: It was during this chapter that she crossed the line into WTFbroken. Just wait till you see her endgame stats...

Sirius

Lv: 18

HP: 43

Str: 24

Skl: 24

Spd: 23

Luk: 14

Def: 20

Res: 7

Comments: He got a lot of Defence since the last update. He's deserving of the title 'God of Pre-promotes'. (FE4 pre-promotes do not count, obviously)

Malissa

Lv: 6

HP: 33

Str: 1

Mag: 11

Skl: 7

Spd: 22

Luk: 19

Def: 8

Res: 16

Comments: Since the deploy counts have gone to 12, I can finally bring her back. She's been really useful with Fortify ability now.

Now, this kind of surprised me, Ymir joins automatically at the start of the chapter. MU gets a little, uh, startled at first.

Not much else to say about this chapter except that the Dark Tribe are all Berzerkers now, the cave has a Talisman, the generic Sorcerer boss uses a boss theme, and that the music is awesome.

[Minerva waits on the village]

Minerva: ....

Brother...?

To think... that we'd meet here.

Michalis: ...Minerva...?

Minerva: ! That wound!

how did... it needs immediate attention.

Michalis: It's no use...

It's not a wound I can survive.

So then... send for Marth.

I have... something I must deliver to him.

Minerva: The prince is on his way.

Brother, hold on!

I'll treat that...

Michalis: heh, Still, you wish to save me...

cough...cough...!

Minerva: Brother!

Michalis: Minerva... I have a request.

If I am to die... give this tome to Marth.

I don't have much time left... after this... you...

Minerva: bro...the...r

Brother, this isn't like you. Since when did you become this weak?

You were always so strong and noble.

You didn't to request others, you would find your own way, yours alone.

That's the kind of person you were.

I, will help you, as a sister (lit. 'with my sisterly hand') so you will be able to return it yourself.

Michalis: heh, so you say...

Minerva: So, brother... don't die here.

Please, live...

One note: does Minerva realise that the last time Michalis "found his own way", he murdered their father?

I believe the Marth village conversation is still the same. I'd need access to the Japanese FE3 script to be sure, which I don't.

Note: this occurs after Ymir's 'tiger hat' conversation.

Minerva: Brother...

Why... why did this...

I... I never meant to quarrel with you...

I just... wanted us to be a family again. Togeather, with Maria. Like things were in the past.

Brother... bro...the...r...!

Michalis: [opens eyes]

...your tears...

It's been a long time since I saw them.

Minerva: huh? B, brother?! You're really...

Michalis: Sister, I couldn't allow myself to die after hearing what you'd said.

The brother you once knew... is not a man who would die here.

Isn't that right, Minerva.

Minerva: Brother, ah, brother!

Michalis: You misunderstand me, Minerva. You and I are still enemies. That hasn't changed.

I can't stand the sight of this clumsy group. But, I'll reluctantly aid them for now.

Minerva: heh, that's a relief. You're back to the brother I knew.

I understand. Until we defeat the Shadow Dragon, lend us your strength.

Ok.... I have a fear this is going to become a HUGE base breaker. Even before, there were some who thought it was better if he stayed dead, and I'm not sure this is going to help. If the inevitable discussion gets too intense, it should be moved into a defferent topic.

After that bombshell...

Chapter 22

Quite a bit to say herev too, surprisingly. What was one of the most forgetable chapters to me in the original FE3 turned out to be... well, you'll see.

But first. Here's...

Dolph and MU 2:

Dolph: Yes, again, splendid!

To be expected from the army's provisions.

MU: Sir Dolph. That dinner you had was enough to feed 5 people.

Dolph: Aah, Sir MU!

How about it? Care to join me?

MU: no thanks, I've been restraining myself.

Eat that much and you'd burst.

Doplh: Come on, let's eat!!

I must eat!

MU: It seems I've been caught out a bit. [?]

By chance, are you eating this much on purpose?

Dolph: ...Sir MU.

Do you remember what I told you before, about being a knight.

MU: Yes. Becoming thev people's shield.

To do this, the body is necissary. Was that it?

Dolph: Correct. So, what is it to become a shield?

Can you answer that?

MU: Spearheading the defence of the people at any time. Defeating your foes.

Dolph: Yes, good answer! But, that is the role of the sword, not the shield.

MU: Huh? Yeah, I suppose that's right.

Dolph: What it means to me, is standing unarmed on the battlefield.

MU: Wha...!?

Wow, that was surprisingly deep! Can't wait to do the 3rd one.

Everyone's conditions:

Frost: Magic potion

Etzel: +str, [forgot other stat]

Horace: +friendship [it actually unlocked the first support, as a matter of fact]

Darros: Nurufire

Now, the chapter itself was actually quite eventful in a way. Story-wise, the dialogue has changed quite a bit. The lines alluding to the fact that you can't change your party from this point on are gone because... you can now. As is the line about bringing people concerned about the sisters, because that's now done through base conversations.

The opening is quite different too. Gotoh teleports in with Nagi. His speech is the same, but Marth gets a new line at the end. Then, the conversation continues:

Gotoh: It would also be wise to take this person with you.

This person, too, will lend you their strength.

[music goes silent]

Nagi: ...

Marth: You are...

MU: Marth, do you know this person too?

Marth: No, this is our first meeting.

But, why...

it feels like we've met somewhere...

Nsgi: I am...Nagi.

These foes...I will stop them...

You, hurry to your destination...

Let's go...

This time... it will all...be over.

I saw this coming, but now it's official: Shadow Dragon Chapter 24x is NON-CANON. [all the other sidequests presumably are, despite everyone being alive in this game...] Also, Marth's dialogue seems to support the 'Nagi is Future!Tiki' theory more than 'Nagi is Naga', so the two are about equally likely now.

Gameplay-wise, this chapter is probably the only one so far I've actually had trouble with. There's lots of reinforcements, and they're actually pretty tough. They first appear in the chest rooms, then the middle left and right of the map, and finally the top corners of the top room AND the middle left and right. In Normal mode, Nagi is capable of holding off one reinforcement point by herself. (which fits in well with her dialogue.) As for the others, you'll need to task about 2 characters to each one, but need to make sure you have enough people to rush the final room, which contains so many enemies it's a threat even on Normal. The chests all contain Dragon Slaying weapons, in case you've run out. But make sure to get your looters AWAY before the reinforcement dragons show up.

Also, Glower hurts. A lot. I had to use the Fortify staff quite a lot here. Thankfully, a Sorcerer drops another one, but you have to go pretty far out of your way to get to him. (he's at the top left corner)

Basicslly, that was the most intense chapter so far. Funny, I don't remember it being so in the original...

As a plus though. Lots of reinforcements means lots of exp. Even more so considering they're dragons. Most people were level 15 at the start of the cahpter, and came out at 18-19. I can safely say this game gives enough EXP to get most of your main party to 20/20 without resorting to any form of abuse. (again, dragons really help)

Also, Marth's dialogue seems to support the 'Nagi is Future!Tiki' theory more than 'Nagi is Naga', so the two are about equally likely now.

Not quite, in Shadow Dragon, Nagi's ending title in the Japanese version clearly stated she is Narga's reincarnation. Not to mention Medeus's quote if she battles him further supports this.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Not quite, in Shadow Dragon, Nagi's ending title in the Japanese version clearly stated she is Narga's reincarnation. Not to mention Medeus's quote if she battles him further supports this.

Yeah, SD implied it far more heavily, and come to think of it, Marth's line does work for Naga too. And Nagi and MUs support, which I will translate fully soon, does seem to imply the Naga thing a lot more. Just throwing this one out there though.

What a pathetic conversation, Michalis. I'm downright ashamed of him.

On the Nagi topic, it could be that Marth just doesn't remember her entirely due to her magical effect or whatever when she vanished.

Sidetracking, BK, do you remember the name for Chater 20x? ...Chapters do have names, in this FE, right?

Ooh, ooh, ooh, and what was the 'About Maria' convo like?

• 2 weeks later...

Been a while coming, because I wanted to do 23 and Final togeather, but I've finally finished. I will post once more after this with final character stats and my overall impressions on the game.

Chapter 23

By the way, all the Dragon Alter chapters have titles now, but I forgot the preveous one. This one is something along the lines of 'The Dark Ponifex's Return'

Now, thought I'd translate Nagi/MU 1 here. Since she's a forced deployment in the last chapter, and only needs one point to unlock to support, as long as you deploy MU in the previous chapter (which will apply to 99% of playthroughs) you will get this no matter what. A similar thing happens with Ymir by the way, although I can't be bothered to cover that one. There's always event recap.

Nagi and MU 1:

Nagi: ...

MU: Lady Nagi, about the next battle...

We'll be attacking the upper level soon.

It looks like it'll be a fierce battle, but we must move on immediatly.

Nagi: ...you are...

...you are, an enigma...

MU: huh?

Nagi: You are... guided my a mysterious fate...

Not even I understand the guidance of someone like you...

MU: Is that... divination. [note: technically 'prophecy', but I think what he's implying is that Nagi can see the future, not some kind of 'chosen one' thing, as the word 'prophecy' normally implies]

I have somethimes felt the guidance of someone. [?, somewhat confusing, but see later]

Nagi: Your name...

Tell me... your name.

MU: Right, I am MU.

Nagi: MU... tell me. For your sake...

is there anything I can do...

I want to help you...

Ok, now this seems mean that either Naga is somehow aware of the 'player avatar' status of MU, or that she's aware that he wasn't present in the original. (not very likely, but perhaps this game is actually an 'alternate continuity' to FE3, and it would make sense for Nagi to have knowledge of alternate universes. Actually... no, my head's starting to hurt. Forget all that.)

Ok, now:

Dolph and MU 3:

MU: Sir Dolph, you're eating today too.

Dolph: Oh, Sir MU! How about it, come join me.

MU: Yes, let's eat.

Dolph: You're not going to blame me for my eating today?

MU: What you said before, please continue. About being unarmed on the battlefield.

Dolph: Yes, but it's the kind of story to tell during a meal.

I was with a small corps of knights. We were captured by the enemy.

After a while, we learned that help was coming.

Sir Marth.

MU: Sir Marth...

Dolph: But at the same time, our execution was also scheduled to begin.

Among my comrades, were an archer and a priest.

Even if a single arrow was fired, they would not understand the circumstances. [note: ok... I think I got something wrong here. But I think what it should mean is something like "they wouldn't be able to take more than a single arrow"]

But, but arranging ourselves: one person against one foe, we protected eachother.

It's a simple story.

MU: That's... I see.

Dolph: Fortunatley, as a group, we were able to become a shield.

Thanks to this, we were all saved.

MU: All of you.

That's, amazing...

Dolph: But, it was also due to Marth's timely arrival.

If he was even a bit later, I don't know what would have happened.

MU: I understand. [note: he said something else here, but I'm not satisfied with how I translated it]

Dolph: Presently, in our army, there are many who excell in offence.

However, I aim to focus on protection.

MU: Thank you, Sir Dolph.

After the war is over, I'd like to have a meal with you again.

Dolph: Yes! I'm standing by for an eating contest!!

[music cuts]

MU: I didn't intend on having an eating contest.

Yeah, it's pretty much describing the typical strategy for the chapter where they join. But still, I quite like this. Favouritism alert, but I like how Dolph is pretty much the quintessential Armour Knight, in terms of personality. I actually kind of saw hims as that the moment his SD portrait. (hence my avatar) I can't really explain, but I've always liked the class. There was just something I found awesome about it when I first played FE. I guess this is why I gained a lot favouritism for this guy, ad that hasen't changed.

Shame about that last thing he says about his role in the army though, it's a really epic line, but kinda ironic seeing as he, and the General class, basically suck now. The meatshield style he mentioned worked pretty well in SD, because you couldn't rely on dodging anymore, and there were a lot of maps where holding off chokepoints was very useful. Of course, now enemies have actual speed stats, so Generals pretty much take the same amount of damage someone else would after factoring in doubling. Still, I will always fondly remember Dolph's SD days.

Sorry about that, just wanted to give my comments on one of my favourite characters. I like how the Bond Drop lets you get a favourite's supports, even you can't bring them to battles. (either because they suck or join too late)

Everyone's Conditions:

Midea: +spd, def

Ceaser: +str, slk

Radd: +28 exp

Julian: +24 exp

Jake: +friendship (actually unlocked a support)

And... there really isn't much else to say about this chapter. Gharnef got owned as usual. And Ryan gets the honour of being my first 20/20.

Final Chapter: Light and Shadow

Yes, pretty easy to understand title. (note: it's Shadow as in "Heroes of Light and Shadow", NOT as in "Shadow Dragon". This terminology is going to cause a lot of confusion in the localised version. The title works both ways, but still.)

Marth has a fairly long conversation with MU pre-preparations.

Ok, since many people asked, I'll do all the base conversations

About Maria:

Minerva: Sir MU, I have a sister called Maria.

Maria, whom Gharnef kidnapped, that girl... is here, with Medeus.

I want to save her.

I want to speak to her...

MU: But, the Dark Pontifex Gharnef said their souls have already been sacrificed, irreversably.

Minerva: Nonetheless, I still want to talk.

I'll try talking, and anything more, until I'm convinced she can't return.

Even if her her soul has been consumed... I will save her.

MU: Princess Minerva...

I understand. If you are prapared to go that far,

I will not stop you.

I too, want to see you and Maria talk.

About Nyna:

Sirius: Sir MU, I have something I must ask.

MU: Sir Sirius, what is it?

Sirius: According to Gharnef...

The kidnapped Princess Nyna is to be sacrificed.

Her sould can no longer come back...

but, I wish to talk to her.

Would you be able to arrange with Prince Marth, that I participate in the next battle?

MU: But, why Princess Nyna?

Are you familiar with her, Sirius?

Sirius: ...no.

I simply want to help her.

She holds a ruling position of a major country.

Many would have to bear great misery if she were lost. So, that fate would be very sorrowful.

I cannot make her happy, but at least I can save her...

Notes: Ok... you claim you don't know her... and then you say THAT!!! Seriously, the 'she's an important figure' line was actually a pretty decent cover story. Sirius may as well be holding up a sign saying I'M DEFINITLEY NOT CAMUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by now. Admitedly, he was pretty much that in the original FE3, just a bit more subtly.

About Elice:

Merric: MU, I have a request.

I wish to lend my strength in the next battle.

I want to save Lady Elice.

MU: Lady Elice...

that's Marth's sister.

Merric: Right, Lady Elice is a very important person to me.

I heared her soul has been destroyed, and that she's with Medeus...

but, I won't give up.

I want to talk to her.

If, when you and I leave for the next battle...

Speaking with Lady Elice, I want to cooperate with you.

Please, I be of you.

MU: I understand. I owe it to you to help.

I'll assist with all my power.

Nice to see Merric's role in the prologue wasn't completley forgotten.

About Lena

Julian: Prince Marth!

You've found Lena, seriously?

Marth: Yes.

According to reconisance, she's with my sister and the others.

Julian: I have to help Lena.

I will talk to her. If I do that she'll surely snap out of it. [note: lit 'return to her former self', but I'm trying to be in-character here]

Marth: Juilan, I understand your feelings.

I too want to let you and Lena talk.

Those who are going to the next battle have not yet been decided but...

What do you think, MU?

MU: I don't know the details of those two's relationship.

It's just... to save Miss Lena, Julian's strength is essensial.

That's how I feel.

Marth: All right. Well consider who goes to the next battle a bit more.

It's not only about winning the battle, to save everyone, we would do anything.

For the record, Jagen still suggests killing them at the chapter start (one of the things I hated about the original, it made me lose so much respect for him) but then he talks with MU afterwards. I think it makes more sense now, you get the feeling that things may be hopeless, but they're still going to try anyway.

Oh, I accidently discovered that pressing R during dialogue lets you scroll through preveous text like PoR and RD. Don't know if this was in SD too.

(Final) Everyone's Conditions:

Katarina: +skl, res

Sedger: +10 exp

Norne: +str, mag

Sirius: +mag, def (wow, great getting someone so important)

Abel: +spd, res

The some of the dragons in this chapter have stats higher than 20. So unlike SD, regular enemies do get 20+ stats on Normal Mode. Only in the final chapter though.

The Shield of Seals works at the begining of your turn in NM. Don't know if that's different on Hard or above.

Ok, here's the dialogue for after recruiting all 4 sisters

Elice: Marth, I am sorry...

We caused you a lot of trouble.

Nyna: But, we're all fine.

We will no longer be decieved by the Shadow Dragon.

Maria: Sir Marth! Defeat Medeus!

[note: she says 'sama' in hiragaina and not kanji as is normal]

Lena: We will heal your injured.

We too do not want to lose anyone.

[legend of the divine dragon: new saga plays]

MU: Lord Marth! We did it!

The girls have all returned to their true selves!

It's thanks to your strength.

Your will to never give up was the beacon of hope that saved them.

Marth: Mmm, I'm very glad.

Even though people are injured, we have not yet won this battle yet...

But, so then...

So then, I will not give in until the end. I want to wan this battle with everyone.

Medeus: YOU...

TOOK MY SACRIFICES

HOW DARE YOU...

Marth: Dark Earth Dragon Medeus!

You can do nothing to defend against this sword of your defeat.

Let's go!

[MU vs Medeus]

Medeus: YOU ARE MERELY A HUMAN...

YOU CHALLENGE ME...

YOU FOOL...

MU: My life for the sake of this time (?)...

Even if I die, Marth will still create a bright new world.

So, I will fight.

I'll give my all, to destroy you!

[Marth vs Medeus]

Medeus: ONCE AGAIN...

YOU OPPOSE ME...

DECENDENT OF ANRI...

Marth: Medeus, no matter how many times you revive,

humans will never give in to you.

This long war...

I'm ending it right now!

I really like these additions. Makes the fight seem so much more epic.

Speaking of which, I aqctually preffer the remix of Medeus' battle theme to the original. I think it has a greater sense of urgency to it, sounding more like an epic final battle theme.

And Medeus got taken down in the most epic way possible. MU weakend him, and then Marth finished him with a crit.

Afterwards, everyone gets their post-final battle quote, then it goes to the original FE3 ending with Gotoh, Tiki, Malissa and Shiida. ALthough I don't remember Malissa and Shiida talking so much in the original.

Then everyone talks in groups acording to their country, kinda like Sacred Stones' ending. There's some interesting things here, like Jeorge taking to Horace.

After that, Marth and MU talk. I thing MU is saying he dosen't want any recognition for this, and that Marth should take all the credit.

Oh, most of the post-final quotes have already been translated in a separate thread, but I think they missed Michalis. Here's his:

Michalis: Our victory is only natural. I gave you my strength, after all.

And with that... the epilogue. Sadly, the perfect ending chronology no longer exists. But I was anxious to hear the theme, because the original FE3's "Ending Medly" is one of the most amazing tracks in the series. The new one... is still pretty amazing. It contains elements of:

Liberation

Advance

Legend of the Divine Dragon

Liberation again

Sidequest map theme combined with bits of Holy War

in that order.

For the credits and character endings, an acoustic gitar arrangement of Katarina's theme, 'Puppets don't cry' plays, simply titled "friend" (in English) It's pretty amzing, if a little anachronistic.

And I recorded the final battle stats of my main party, I'll present them in oreder, RD style. (this game dosen't do character rankings, but I thought I would for fun)

Feena: 7 Battles 0 Wins

Marth: 104 Battles 68 Wins

Sirius: 105 Battles 77 Wins

Linde: 99 Battles 82 Wins

Nabarl: 107 Battles 83 Wins

Ogma: 130 Battles 90 wins

Catria: 142 Battles 91 Wins

(3rd) MU: 190 Battles 94 Wins

(2nd) Barst: 145 Battles 95 Wins

[drumroll]

(1st) Ryan 163 Battles 103 Wins

Like most of my playthroughs, 1st surprised me. Probably because I needed to feed him a lot of kills early on, but anyway, good job Ryan!

And there's so many characters now that the credits can't keep up with the endings. Having recruited everyone, the credits stop at Malice. Wow.

And finally, the rank...

A

A

A

WTF? Was my reaction. Seriously, If me, someone who dosen't give a damn about turncount and dislikes the consept of efficiency with a passion, can get an AAA, then the ranks must be very leniant. Although I guess, since this game actually provides enough exp to get most of your party to 20/20 without abuse, I didn't have to waste turns grinding/boss abusing, like I did in SD.

And so ends my first playthrough. It's been really enjoyable, much more so than SD, actually. I'll post again with my final impressions on the game as a whole.

Edited by Big Klingy

Great job on your run! And perhaps the difficulty of the ranking increases depending on mode...?

Dang, Dolph's got more personality than I would have suspected, however cliche it may be.

I still fail to understand all the stuff about their souls, I thought it was all flesh and blood. MU's appear pretty clueless.

. . .and that sort of explains the beginning positions of those prisoners in SD (if you forget that they exist, the one I like to tease will escape harm).

Thanks! That was very amusing. Once this game hops the ocean, I'm SO abusing my Skittles. . .since it looks like everyone finally got a personality!

Great job on your run! And perhaps the difficulty of the ranking increases depending on mode...?

Dang, Dolph's got more personality than I would have suspected, however cliche it may be.

I still fail to understand all the stuff about their souls, I thought it was all flesh and blood. MU's appear pretty clueless.

The first person to complete Lunatic in this community, who was also one of the first to ever complete the game outside of Japan, got something like AAB or maybe AAA. Rankings in this game don't mean much unless it's your first or second fire emblem, I'm guessing.