[FE8] Draft Tournament III

Raven

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol, high tier units Kyle and Forde still haven't been picked.

Even though I had the chance, I didn't bother when I had Duessel.

Also Raven, don't leave yet, Integ just went for dinner...:(

Even though I had the chance, I didn't bother when I had Duessel.

Also Raven, don't leave yet, Integ just went for dinner...:(

In your position I would have been greedy and gone for them despite having Duessel, but that's just me.

UPDATE TIME!

Prologue

Unit    Lvl   HP Str Skill Spd Luck Def Res  
Eirika  2     17  5   9    10   6   3    1    

Turns taken: 3/3

Chapter 1

Eirika   5    20  6   10    11   8   3    2    

Turns taken: 5/8

Chapter 2

Eirika   6    20  6   11    14   8   5   4  
Ross     5    18  7    4     5   9   3   0 

Turns taken: 9/17

Chapter 3

Eirika   8    22  7   12    14   8   6   5
Ross     9    22  9    6     7  11   6   0         

Turns taken: 11/28

Chapter 4

Eirika   13   28  7   15    18  14  6   3  
Ross     10   23  9    6     8  11  6   0 
Artur     7   20  8    6    11   3  3   9

Turns taken: 9/37

Commentary: Ross stayed up in the north to take down enemy reinforcements.

Eirika went to the south-west close to where to Lute's village is.

Artur went to the south-east to take out most monsters.

Edited by The Leaving Song

Gonna go ahead and start.

Prologue: The Fall of Renais (3/3)

Lol, do I need to explain?

level HP ST SK SP LK DF RS
Eirika 2.77 16 04 09 09 06 04 01

Ch1: Escape! (6/9)

Stripped Franz and Gilliam to tank stuff while Eirika worked her way to the throne. I had to restart a bunch of times because Eirika couldn't really take hits (especially from the closest fighter) but finally she managed to dodge enough of the enemies to make it to the throne. She got a brutal crit on the boss on the first hit, letting me end the chapter quicker than expected. Seth ran north ASAP to avoid taking hits.

Eirika 5.17 19 05 10 12 08 05 02

Ch2: The Protected (6/15)

Vanessa went and did her rescue thing, while Eirika visited the Red Gem village. Eirika then recruited Ross while Vanessa finished the archer Garcia had hit after killing the bandit on the east side. Eirika attacked a bandit and Vanessa rescued Garcia and brought him closer. Some bandits attacked Eirika, who countered killing one of them. Garcia was dropped and recruited with Ross, who dealt with the bandits coming from the western mountains while Eirika finished up down south, KOing another bandit, waiting on the fort, and then going south and attacked the boss, counter-critting the other bandit with the boss, and ending the chapter with Bone's death after Garcia killed the last west mountain bandit. Vanessa went shopping and bought an Iron Sword for Eirika and an Iron Lance for herself.

Eirika 7.43 21 06 11 13 09 05 02
Garcia 4.52 BASE
Vaness 1.32 BASE

Ch3: The Bandits of Borgo (10/25)

I had a nice writeup for this but then I hit back like an idiot. Basically the trio charged eastward with Garcia and Vanessa comboing to break walls and Eirika running in to attack the bandits behind them. Eirika got the boss kill, Vanessa gained a couple levels.

Eirika 9.27 23 06 12 14 09 06 02
Garcia 4.98 BASE
Vaness 3.17 19 05 08 11 06 06 06

I'll play some more a bit later.

Edited by Silvercrow

Haven't started yet, but does anyone have a decent estimate on how many turns 5x would take? For the sake of efficiency it can be done with just Orson in a small amout of turns, but then Forde and Ephraim would not gain any or much experience. Decisions eh.

Also on the matter of Seth, I was going to allow him to be in the same class as other undrafted units, but maybe he shouldn't be used for anything... Thoughts and opinions on this?

Edit: Done the Prologue in 3 turns. Onto Ch1.

Edited by Raven Vs Raven

Haven't started yet, but does anyone have a decent estimate on how many turns 5x would take? For the sake of efficiency it can be done with just Orson in a small amout of turns, but then Forde and Ephraim would not gain any or much experience. Decisions eh.

Also on the matter of Seth, I was going to allow him to be in the same class as other undrafted units, but maybe he shouldn't be used for anything... Thoughts and opinions on this?

Edit: Done the Prologue in 3 turns. Onto Ch1.

I did chapter 5x in 10 turns with Ephraim, Orson, and Forde. Orson was charging anyway, so I doubt that using him by himself will speed you up. Anybody else(can't remember if you got Forde or Kyle) can clean up after Orson, and Ephraim should be charging the throne.

I'm pretty neutral on it, I was originally using him as a meatshield because I saw people doing it on other draft topics with similar rules, but I went and restarted after Integ's post and did it without him and matched the turncounts anyway. So, whatever works for everyone else.

Chapter 5

Eirika  9     23  7   13    15   9  7   5    
Artur   7     20  8    6    11   3  3   9
Ross    5     28  13   7    12  12  9   1
Joshua  6     25  9   13    14   7  5   3

Turns taken: 8/45

Chapter 5x

Ephraim  9    27  10   11   12  10  9   5    

Turns taken: 12/56

Chapter 6

Eirika  11    24  8   14    17  11  7   5    
Artur   9     21  9    7    11   3  6   9
Ross    9     31  15   9    13  15  10  2
Joshua  7     25  10  13    14   7  5   3

Turns taken: 7/64

Chapter 7

Eirika  11    24  8   14    17  11  7   5    
Artur   10    22  10   7    12   4  6   10
Ross    11    33  16  10    14  16  10  2
Joshua  9     26  10  15    16   8  7   5

Turns taken: 5/69

Cemmentary: Ross was fundamental for this 5-turn. He rescued Eirika and got her through the river. Later he 1HKO'd the boss with his Halberd. 8]

Chapter 8

Eirika  12    25  9   14    17  18  8   5
Ephraim 13    31  12  13    14  14  10  4
Ross    13    33  17  12    14  16  11  2
Artur   12    23  11   8    13   5  6   11
Joshua  13    31  11  18    18   8  8   5

Turns taken: 15/84

Commentary: Joshua was supposed to get at least a level-up by Knight critikilling to the north-east, but unfortunately, I had Artur open the Door and kill them all on Enemy Phase.

Ephraim had to deal with a horde of Cavaliers...who were very annoying, by the way. <_<

Route taken: Ephraim's Route

It was a toss up between Duessel and Tana there...

And I also had Eirika at lvl 19, so I wouldn't need to worry about leveling her up.

It was a toss up between Duessel and Tana there...

And I also had Eirika at lvl 19, so I wouldn't need to worry about leveling her up.

Well, Eph's route is miles harder IMO, or maybe that's because I had to protect Natasha the whole time.

Let's see. How would everyone feel about having Seth being treated as a normal undrafted unit, able to trade chain and meat shield, etc.?

Did Ch. 1 in 5 turns. Gilliam lightened Eirika's load, allowing her to run to the boss, who got killed on the enemy phase of turn 4.

Name--------Lv.-HP-Str-Skl-Spd-Luc-Def-Res-BTL-WIN

Eirika-----5.06-18---5--10--12---8---4---2--14---8
Gilliam----4.95-25---9---6---3---3---9---3---7---2

Ch4: Ancient Horrors (7/32)

Having 3 characters really helped here. I sent Vanessa south towards Lute's village to deal with the enemies there, Eirika east, and kept Garcia near the entrance to deal with the slew of Revenants that appeared there in a turn or two. Garcia really destroyed here, with the exception of the eyes, his high HP and damage combined with the fact that he was actually able to double them made him great. I had to restart a couple times because of unfortunate Eirika deaths (I really like putting her in danger...). In the end, I had hoped Eirika would crit yet again and finish the boss on turn 6 enemy phase, but no such luck, so Vanessa finished him getting a wonderful level up in every stat except for, ironically, speed.

level  HP ST SK SP LK DF RS
Eirika 11.05 25 06 13 15 10 07 04
Garcia 07.36 29 10 10 08 05 06 01
Vaness 06.58 21 07 10 12 08 08 08

Oops, pressed post instead of preview. Will add to soon.

Edited by Silvercrow