[FE8] Draft Tournament III

Raven

Give the Boots to Forde or Gilliam for sure, whichever's looking better.

And really, as long as you got the Hammerne Staff (I hope you did), it doesn't matter how much you warp, you should be able to shave at least a dozen turns off with it.

Hammerne. There's nothing better to repair anyway.

The question is, who's your boss killer? Give it to him.

It's cool now, I was under the impression that the Warp staff had only 3 uses. I did get the Hammerne staff, but I don't think I need it any more; I'm at Darkling Woods preparations. I'll be using it in the Final Pt.1 to Warp either Ephraim or Eirika to kill Lyon. As for who my boss killer is, it's actually either Ephraim or Eirika, since they're both pretty awesome. I also gave the Boots to Eirika. Good thing I did or I wouldn't have been able to reach and kill Ch19 boss by turn 2.

Updates:

Ch. 16: Ruled by Madness (7/170)

I sent everyone left/up except Ephraim, who went backwards to take on the reinforcements I know arrive later. I warped Colm over the wall, then he went in head first towards the boss, taking out about 80% of the units in range. A couple of turns later, Eirika is warped over and helps take out some of the remaining units. Eirika's got the Boots so she can stray a bit further from the throne. The others went about killing things while Colm took on Orson, having only about 49% displayed hit on him with Audhulma. A couple of misses during turn 6, but he finished him on turn 7, allowing Eirika to seize.

Ch. 17: River of Regrets (3/173)

Damn Moulder and his lack of Magic. Even after promotion at Lv11, with 7 magic, he can only send units 5 spaces away with Warp. It took a bit of planning to get it done by 3 turns, and a lot of luck. Lyon nearly killed Ephraim as they faced off, but Lyon missed him during enemy turn 3, Ephraim retaliated and killed him. Syrene survived, meaning she will be joining me now. Myrrh was playing with the Heroes on the bottom right to get some more levels.

Ch. 18: Two Faces of Evil (7/180)

This one took some planning as well. I had to distribute my units throughout the several paths. Myrrh and Syrene went for the bottom-right. Lute, Eirika, Forde and Gilliam went up the north-western path, while Colm, Ephraim, Innes and Moulder went north-east. Not writing these things as I do them, I can't remember exactly what I was doing from that point on, but what I do remember is the boss went left and tried to Stone Forde and missed. Eirika came along with Sieglinde, took it down to 1HP, risking a ~40% chance of getting Stoned but missed, and finished the boss. I forgot even more reinforcements come along around turn 6, but as the boss was killed I just sent everyone mostly for the eggs, since I gathered the rest will suicide on my units. All that was left by the end of player turn 7 was a spider with about 6HP remaining, and on enemy turn it suicided on Moulder.

Ch. 19: Last Hope (2/182)

Basic Warp usage here. Eirika was given the Hoplon Guard and a bottle of Pure Water. With her 9 move, she moved towards Riev's direction and drank the Pure Water. Lute came along and used a Torch close to Riev. Moulder moved next to Eirika. Moved everyone else accordingly. Picked up a Brave Lance in the process. Moulder then Warped Eirika as close as he could to Riev, which was just in range. Eirika used the full 9 move of hers to reach Riev, attacking. Riev then suicided on her on the enemy phase. Completed in 2 turns, barely.

Name--------Lv.-HP-Str-Skl-Spd-Luc-Def-Res-BTL-WIN
Eirika*----5.79-34--20--25--23--17--12--12-161--86
Gilliam*---5.74-47--23--14--12---9--22---8-195--86
Moulder*---4.62-31---8--13--16---3---7---9--35---6
Colm*-----12.21-41--18--14--29--18--13--11-194--89
Lute*------5.89-38--25*-16--18--19--10--15-131--94
Forde*----10.26-46--19--21--21--17--15--11-203-105
Innes------5.58-33--15--15--16--15--11--11--79--41
Ephraim*---5.00-41--22--21--24*-17--15--12--66--44
Myrrh-----10.82-27--11---8---8---6--19--10--18--12
Syrene-----2.58-28--13--13--15--12--10--12---4---3

Preparing for Ch. 20 now.

Edited by Raven Vs Raven

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ch. 20: Darkling Woods (5/187)

Moulder Hammerned the Warp staff. Forde traded it back to him and moved into position to rescue Moulder next turn. Syrene rescued Eirika and moved into position to be warped next turn. Myrrh moved left. Everyone else advanced upwards.

Next turn came, and Moulder Warped Syrene closer towards the gate. Forde rescued Moulder and ran upwards. Ephraim advanced leftwards and down, closer to the gate. As did Myrrh. Everyone else moved and killed accordingly.

Next turn came, Syrene was killed due to her total shitness. Eirika was alone right now. Forde moved closer towards the right side of the gate and dropped Moulder. Ephraim moved into Warping distance of the ground close to the gate. Myrrh did 25 damage to Riev. It was getting really crowded around Eirika. The floating eyes made a circle of worship around Myrrh while Eirika had the Light Brand equipped.

Next turn came and Moulder Warped Ephraim over into a wood area. Riev was next to him so he stuck his Siegmund through his head. Eirika killed a floating eye.

Turn 5, Myrrh cleared the area beside the boss allowing Ephraim to kill the dragon boss. Eirika seized.

Eirika*----6.49-34--21--26--23--18--12--12-174--91
Gilliam*---5.84-47--23--14--12---9--22---8-195--86
Moulder*---5.77-32---8--14--16---3---8--10--35---6
Colm*-----12.64-41--18--14--29--18--13--11-196--91
Lute*------7.48-38--25*-17--20--19--10--16-138-101
Forde*----10.26-46--19--21--21--17--15--11-203-105
Innes------6.10-34--15--15--16--15--11--11--83--43
Ephraim*---7.85-43--23--23--24*-19--15--12--74--50
Myrrh-----13.57-31--14--11--10---7--20*-11--36--15
Syrene-------------------DEAD---------------------

Just finished:

Final Chapter: Sacred Stone Pt. I (3/190)

This took a few restarts since Ephraim died quite a number of times during my reckless but necessary actions. Anyway, I had him rescue Colm and he waited 6 spaces up from his starting position. I moved Myrrh up, then had Moulder Warp her as far north as possible. Moved the rest around the sides to take on the closer undead. During enemy phase Myrrh got hit by 2 arrows while others suicided on my units. Next turn came and I Warped Ephraim up as close as I could. Ephraim went up to the 3 undeads blocking the way, below the one on the left, dropping Colm next to the one in the centre. Myrrh moved to the right of Colm and elixered. Enemy turn came, the 3 at the front defending Lyon suicided on Ephraim, Colm and Myrrh, while the magic snake things tried to hit Ephraim. Enemy phase ended, there was one space next to Lyon. Colm killed a magic snake thing next to Lyon, so there were 2 spaces beside Lyon. Ephraim attacked first, doing total 36 damage while Lyon left him with 1HP. Myrrh did 20 x 2 damage, killing him and ending part 1 in 3 turns.

Final Chapter: Sacred Stone Pt. II (2/192)

If Moulder could Warp further, this could have been done in 1 turn. Anyway I moved everyone up. Ephraim attacked, did some damage. Eirika wasn't going to do anything because she couldn't survive one hit. Demon King summoned some shit. Myrrh went in and did about 40 damage, taking 15 x 2 in return. Ephraim attacked again after getting Mended by Lute. Colm finished him off with 2 hits of the Audhulma.

Eirika*----6.49-34--21--26--23--18--12--12-174--91
Gilliam*---5.84-47--23--14--12---9--22---8-196--86
Moulder*---7.03-33---9--16--17---3---8--12--35---6
Colm*-----13.42-41--18--14--30*-18--13--11-201--94
Lute*------8.00-38--25*-17--21--20--10--16-140-103
Forde*----10.65-46--19--21--21--17--15--11-206-108
Innes------6.10-34--15--15--16--15--11--11--83--43
Ephraim*---9.07-44--25--24--24*-21--15--14--82--54
Myrrh-----20.00-41--20*-18--14---8--20*-12--50--23
Syrene-------------------DEAD---------------------

Eirika - Carried most the game on her shoulders. Performed well with her decent stats, but her frailty showed whenever she got hit, and was unable to take on Lyon or the Demon King.

Gilliam - He did well whenever there were hordes of enemies, often staying on the back line and dealing with enemies from behind. He didn't have great stats or movement until promotion, and even then he wasn't used enough to get an S in axes to use Garm.

Moulder - I really expected more from this man. His lack of magic was a real downer, especially when I was expecting him to use the Warp staff decently. He did his job, but only just. Early promotion at Lv11 gave him +1 move and +2 magic.

Colm - He did unexpectedly well, I thought. He had the best avoid in the game, and with Audhulma, he was sometimes the boss killer and front liner, along with Forde, Ephraim and Eirika. He also did some chest work where it needed doing or could be done.

Lute - She did well. I wish I had trained her in staves so she could use Warp though, because her Magic was capped really quickly. Frail at the start, but soon grew into a reliable unit capable of dishing out some serious damage.

Forde - He did well throughout, although once Ephraim and Eirika promoted, he started to get outgunned by them. Starts strong, but it went downhill a bit from Ch. 17 or so. Sometimes his strength was an issue with one-rounding units, though.

Innes - He performed well wherever and whenever needed. The only one to never get killed. If you dislike archers, he's not for you, but otherwise I think he is underrated.

Ephraim - Performed well whenever he was around. Killed most of the bosses after promotion.

Myrrh - She did a great job, especially during the Final Chapters. The damage she dished out was often a saviour to the survival of my other units and the turncount.

Syrene - Shit. All she was good for was helping destroy the Gorgon eggs in Ch. 18 and ferrying Eirika to the gate in Ch. 20. Defended herself for her life with a Javelin, but in vain.

Edited by Raven Vs Raven

Yeah, that was pretty fast. Well done everyone, and congrats to you Silvercrow for winning it.

1st - Silvercrow (189 turns)

2nd - Raven (192 turns)

3rd - Integrity (196 turns)

4th - Soul (212 turns)

I saved two files at the split. I'm thinking about going across Ephraim's route for shits and giggles.

Edited by Raven Vs Raven

I do wonder how we would have done in the opposite routes. Doesn't Eirika's tend to be faster? I'm trying to cover for my third place >>

Either way, good game folks. I did as well as I expected.

Edited by Integrity

I'm actually not sure Eirika's is a LOT faster, if at all. The first chapter certainly is, and the one with Aias is fast if you ignore Cormag. I dunno, if you really wanna know just compare turncounts between the people with different routes.

Eirika's is undoubtedly easier (mostly because there's no pirate shit chapter), but I dunno about faster.

Well I'm sorry for not having 8-Mov mounts and A-rank staff users!

Actually Warp requires only a C in Staves. It is however much less useful if the unit has a shit magic stat.

Yea, warp is unfortunately A rank which is why I had to have crappy Natasha use it instead of Saleh. I feel bad for Moulder's pitifully low mag, I felt like Natasha's range was low but Moulder's was ._.

All the healers have pretty stupid failings. Moulder has decent durability but horrible Mag. Natasha has decent Mag but horrible durability. L'arachel has good mag and okayish durability but joins absurdly late.

B> Pent

Oh yeah, it is an A. I got it mixed up with some other C-rank stave. Still, with 40% mag growth, Moulder should have some sort of decent stat in mag.