Golden Sun Dark Dawn on November 29th

Suichimo

I recall only the Trainer being a good class. Necromancer just feels iffy, and that Card class was awful. Then again, perhaps my past experience is not a good say in that matter.

Call Dullahan was baller, but it required like level 54 or something ridiculous and the rest of the class sucked.

Meet Stella, a Jupiter Adept who happens to be a werewolf (from Garoh, obviously). She's definitely physical. A couple other pictures of returning characters are here too.

According to translations from GSRealm, this is Stella's description on the official site

A human beast race that has mutated since the Golden Sun Effect. Excelling in the 5 senses, she can read the minds of her company and sense unique smells, and is able to use visualized Psynergy.

It sounds more like a... not really a shapeshifter like a werewolf or Laguz. It sounds more like the Beast Men from The Island of Doctor Moreau (or if you're not familiar with that, the Beastmen from TTGL)

Edited by Paperblade

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not a shapeshifter. I think it's a complete Lycanthrope, like Maha. No transforming involved.

5 bucks says that she's either related to either Maha or the kid in Garoh.

Felix and Jenna HAVE to return. I'm guessing Jenna is Matthew's mommy.

That would be a fucking disgrace to how the first two games treated GaretxJenna. The only reason why IsaacxJenna should ever be considered is because Sheba teases Jenna about Isaac. But Garet clearly has the hots for Jenna.

In all seriousness, I honestly believe that Tyrell is Garet and Jenna's kid.

Edited by Sue Sylvester

That's why you give him a class item like the Tomegathericon or the Trainer's Whip. He's not really missing out on better classes even though Mariner!Piers is pretty freaking cool (no pun intended).

I found him to be a pretty decent Tamer/Trainer/Beastkeeper/Beast Lord. He can equip broadswords which work well with a high-Atk class that's stuffed with EPAs.

It's okay, but much of the game you have an abundance of water djinn and a deficit of jupiter. It's useful to make Sheba one of those all type classes since she doesn't need Jupiter for it. Everyone else does. And when you get the Glower Staff she actually has more power that way than Piers can reach. I suppose later on it could be okay, but then you get things like Manticore (go with jenna since that is fire) or even the fact that Jenna/Sheba can actually equip Clear Bracelet and Pure Circlet and get more mercury power for Elder Wood and stuff like that.

Also, Sheba's extra wind comes in handy with Gryphon or Whiplash. At least, when you consider that she can get the Clarity Circlet and Leda's Bracelet and Glower Staff. Clarity circlet and natural jupiter power alone is a good advantage over Piers for fighting things like Poseidon.

Call Dullahan was baller, but it required like level 54 or something ridiculous and the rest of the class sucked.

level 47, but your point remains.

it has terrible strength if you aren't using a 3x attack power ability.

Jupiter deficiency? I always thought that it was Venus that was in short supply... I never got more than 3 Venus before Aqua Hydra.

Venus catches up, though. I mean, yes, you start with having a venus deficiency. 3 venus, 4 of the other two, and 5 mercury. At that point, though, the item classes are really bad since you'll be taking away two possible 4 djinn classes. Only 3 fire and 3 jupiter will be leftover. So there's not much point making Piers go with a 3 djinn class.

However, as soon as you get the boat your next two djinn are venus and it is now at an advantage. Now, i suppose if you don't go to gaia rock yet, you'll get another jupiter near tundaria. You'll still have a mercury surplus and jupiter, mars, and venus will be at 5.

then later on in the game, you can get 8 of everything except only 6 jupiter at the point of the shaman village thing. And only 7 for some of jupiter lighthouse. Though jupiter takes a lead if you go to treasure island before completing the magma rock stuff.

still, this game is kinda zany with randomly getting djinn.

Edited by Narga_Rocks

I love how we all rag on Piers as useless and yet all know deep down in our hearts that without Piers, we'd probably be having problems with stuff like Moapa or the Earth Serpent. Myself included even though Piers is my favourite character.

Edited by Sue Sylvester

I love how we all rag on Piers as useless and yet all know deep down in our hearts that without Piers, we'd probably be having problems with stuff like Moapa or the Earth Serpent. Myself included even though Piers is my favourite character.

moapa? isn't that the wimp in the shaman village?

Piers is basically my wish-bot. Anyone can do that, really. It's always annoying with only 3 characters, though, so I'm not sure that's something to brag about.

ditto earth serpent. I just go Enchanter + Cavalier + Tamer + Shaman. That battle is actually pretty easy. And I have spare Mars to unleash like Kindle to take care of my impact needs. To be honest, a lot of the time Jenna is sufficient for healing there. Even without going to Tundaria tower first (and aqua rock, of course), that battle is easy.

And Jenna is very much the better wisher due to having clear bracelet and pure circlet. I can't imagine Piers doing anything particularly useful there. Maybe if you go aqua rock + tundaria tower you can make him the tamer, but the fact Sheba (Glower Staff) can do the same job but earlier, seems like Piers is inferior. (if you try to make Piers the Tamer when you have 5, 4, 4, 5 for djinn, you'll lose the ability to have three characters with 4 djinn each. Most importantly, you'd lose Enchanters if anyone not Sheba is the tamer)

Edited by Narga_Rocks

Venus catches up, though. I mean, yes, you start with having a venus deficiency. 3 venus, 4 of the other two, and 5 mercury. At that point, though, the item classes are really bad since you'll be taking away two possible 4 djinn classes. Only 3 fire and 3 jupiter will be leftover. So there's not much point making Piers go with a 3 djinn class.

However, as soon as you get the boat your next two djinn are venus and it is now at an advantage. Now, i suppose if you don't go to gaia rock yet, you'll get another jupiter near tundaria. You'll still have a mercury surplus and jupiter, mars, and venus will be at 5.

then later on in the game, you can get 8 of everything except only 6 jupiter at the point of the shaman village thing. And only 7 for some of jupiter lighthouse. Though jupiter takes a lead if you go to treasure island before completing the magma rock stuff.

still, this game is kinda zany with randomly getting djinn.

Well, it depends on when you decide to do what. The Eastern Sea, in particular, gives you a lot of freedom in where to go next. I will admit though, that you get too much Mercury Djinn.

That logic isn't about how good Piers is as a character. It's about how having 4 people are together stronger than 3 of those people. Which is pretty obvious. If I could just replace Piers with Isaac or even Garet...

Did nobody here comment on the fact that I said that Garet and Jenna end up having Tyrell as their kid? Either that or Garet is Crown's father (Garet will either hook up with Jenna or Mia and Crown looks like he's from Imil) since Jenna is probably Tyrell's mother (would make sense if Matthew and Tyrell are pretty tight).

I mean, what are your thoughts on the pairings of Golden Sun? Pretty sure every assumes IsaacxJenna (once again, a disgrace to Garet's character if that's true) but what about the rest now that we know that kids are involved?

There's also this:

Isaac:

The leader of the Warriors of Vale who caused the Golden Sun 30 years ago

An earth adept, the father of Matthew/Muuto. He built a cabin on the Goma Hill opposite the collapsed Mt. Aleph, to observe and watch for any strange occurances.

Kraden:

A scholar of alchemy with extensive knowledge from his travels around the world

The teacher of Crown/Rief, he travels around researching alchemy. Previously, he had traveled together with the Warriors of Vale.

Notice the lack of Jenna in the Isaac section. Not to mention that Felix was actually the leader, not Isaac (Isaac still had doubts about going up against the Wise One).

It's nice how even though Isaac and Felix are both silent protagonists, you can understand their character from the game that they don't star in.

Edited by Sue Sylvester

Did nobody here comment on the fact that I said that Garet and Jenna end up having Tyrell as their kid? Either that or Garet is Crown's father (Garet will either hook up with Jenna or Mia and Crown looks like he's from Imil) since Jenna is probably Tyrell's mother (would make sense if Matthew and Tyrell are pretty tight).

I mean, what are your thoughts on the pairings of Golden Sun? Pretty sure every assumes IsaacxJenna (once again, a disgrace to Garet's character if that's true) but what about the rest now that we know that kids are involved?

To be honest, as much as I would like to see Isaac/Jenna or Garet/Jenna, or any of the other many many pairings, Camelot will most likely keep the second parent up in the air. Just so fanboys/girls don't raeg about their OTP not being there.

Besides that...

Isaac/Mia

Garet/Jenna

Ivan//Sheba

Felix is better off a badass uncle

Piers LOL some Lemuria chick

Kraden/Wise one

But that's my opinion. gee_wiz_emoticon.gif

And Kraden taught Reif. Well what do you know. Also, you do you think Karis belongs to? I'm thinking Master Hama's kid. Ivan's sis if I didn't get her name right. Either that or Ivan. He did get close with Garet and Isaac.

Edited by IntegerZero

@Proto - Alex may have his mind set on Mia, but it would take brainwashing on the scale of FE4 to get Mia to make up with Alex, considering her reaction from the Mercury Aerie and onwards.

--------------

As for my picks:

Matthew = Isaac + Feizhi

Karis = Felix + Sheba

Tyrell = Garet + Jenna (They argue like a married couple, that kinda leads me to think this could happen.)

Rief = Ivan + Mia OR Alex + ????? (More likely the former, though, if Alucard can go against Dracula, then it's possible that Rief could defect from Alex's ideals and go with Kraden and the heroes...)

Harmony = Piers + ????? OR No relation to protagonists

Unknown Venus Adept = ????? + ????? OR No relation to protagonists

This is under the assumption that each character in GS3 is not related to each other. If there are relations between characters, then... well, I'd have to ponder more.

IsaacxJenna is my preferred setup. I can't remember Garet ever showing interest in her and she certainly did seem to show some interest in Isaac. Also, didn't Feizhi already have a lover with Hsu?

GaretxMia is pretty much all but flat out said in The Lost Age.

FelixxSheba is another obvious one.

No clue about Ivan or Piers.

I don't believe Karis and Crown are going to be the children of any of the original heroes. From the sound of it, Crown is a kid that Kraden picked up and decided to train. Karis is a childhood friend, who lives in the rebuilt Vale, so if she was going to be one of the old hero's children, I think they would have said who by now seeing as we already have Matthew and Tyrell's fathers.

Stella will be from either Garoh, or another lycanthrope village that has sprung up.

Eoleo has already been spelled out.

So we have Harmony and the Venus chick left. Harmony may be related to Piers somehow, seeing as he appears to be Lemurian and he can use Piers' Diamond Berg. Though Diamond Berg doesn't mean much as Eoleo has Jenna's Fume series.

The Venus Adept could possibly be Susa's child, but the game did imply that they would have a son. Always the possibility they got a daughter though.

Kraden:

A scholar of alchemy with extensive knowledge from his travels around the world

The teacher of Crown/Rief, he travels around researching alchemy. Previously, he had traveled together with the Warriors of Vale.

WTF he's still alive.

I bring gifts!

CIMG5963.jpg

(First page)

Terii's Little Prank

Karis: It seems like an adventure similar to Father and the others' has

come, so we have to go together.

Karis: Muuto, don't be a wimp! Stop Terii!

(The first emoticon says 'Happy')

(Cinder translated the next one so I'll move on)

The Broken Glider Wing

Robin: Look at the Glider Wing... It's completely broken, and even the feathers

are worn out.

Arrow > Robin orders Terii, the main perpetrator who broke the Glider Wing,

to repair it.

(Cinder translated the next one so I'll move on)

Together with the friends as close as siblings...

Karis: If I'm not mistaken, the giant bird called Roc Bird... It lives to

the northeast of faraway Morgul. We can't meet it that easily.

Robin: I know that it's impossible for Terii alone. That's why Muuto, close

to him as a brother, should go with him.

CIMG5964.jpg

(Second page)

Arrow > Robin, who once fought for the sake of unleashing Alchemy. To help

raise the skill the psynergy of Muuto and the others, he went training with

them.

Robin: Well done, Muuto. Your power has become stronger.

Robin: After the Golden Sun unleashed Alchemy, though the world has avoided

destruction, it may have lost peace.

The previous protagonist

Arrow to Muuto: Parent and Child

(Oops turns out that thing in the middle goes across both pages. The first

part of the sentence is done by Cinder!)

Urgent News Flash! The Legendary Hero who Saved the World Sends Out His

Son (and company)

Black Text with Golden (okay fine yellow) outlines:

The young adepts set out on the first adventure of their lives... And the

story begins to move.

Black arrow with white words: The next page introduces new characters!

Robin

One of the 'Warriors of Vale' who raised the Golden Sun.The main character

of the first game of Golden Sun. The father of Muuto, the main character

of this game, like his son, uses Earth Psynergy. He built a cabin on the

Goma Hill adjacent to the collapsed Mt. Aleph, which was the epicenter of

the Golden Sun, to observe and watch for any strange occurrences.

Karis: It seems like an adventure similar to Father and the others' has

come, so we have to go together.

Arrow > Terii has to gather necessary materials for the repair. To help

their close friend, Muuto, with childhood friend Karis, decide to journey

out on a search for the Roc Bird...

(This next bit a bit blurry, may be unclear)

Psynergy Holes which absorbs psynergy around them have sudden appeared around

the world! Trials and tribulations await Muuto and the others in their adventure

ahead.

CIMG5965.jpg

(Third page)

The Adepts You Meet On Your Journey

-Companions-

Schlater, who travelled with the previous protagonist Robin and was deeply

involved in their adventure, makes an appearance. A happy performance for

players of the game. On the other hand, a race which appears after the Golden

Sun Effect. Called 'Manbeast', it is a sub-race which evolved suddenly from

humans and animals. This time, we introduce one of the new race, Stella!

Schlater: It'd be good if you can meet Muuto and the others safely.

Arrow > It seems like he will help Muuto and the others on their journey

with his knowledge, like he did with Isaac.

Stella: That's right... I am Stella. It's true, I am a Manbeast.

Arrow > Stella, who admits to being a Manbeast. What do the people in the

changing world think about human-beasts?

Schlater

Arrow to Crown: Teacher and Student

A scholar of alchemy with extensive knowledge

A scholar who has studied alchemy for a long time. The master of Crown,

he travels around the world with them and tags along even in the face of

danger, to set foot in ancient ruins. He is an old friend of Robin's.

Schlater: In the long time that I've known Robin, I am glad to have been

of help... By the way, Crown, what are you doing?

Arrow > Schlater, who travelled with Robin and the other Warriors of Vale

before the rising of the Golden Sun. It seems that close acquaintanceship

continues even now.

Stella: T-thank you...

Controlling the Wind, Reading Minds

Stella cast Tornado Spin!

Wing Rat took 132 damage!

Lots of adventures await in Weyard

The world that is the stage of our story, Weyard. It is a land with lots

of different landscapes (scenaries) and many different races. In the many

ancient ruins around, strong enemies and puzzle-traps await.

A band of very cute human-beasts (note, this is not the same word used for

Stella's Manbeast)

CIMG5966.jpg

(Fourth page)

Stella

The Evolved Adept

A young girl of the manbeast race, she can control the wind freely. Like

a beast, her five senses surpass those of a human. It appears that besides

reading the minds of another and sensing special smells, unlike the other

adepts, she can use psynergy that are unique to manbeasts.

Arrow > Using a ship to travel the oceans... Inferring from the building

in the bottom right, there is also a country with a Japanese-style culture.

Arrow > The spouting water has blocked the road. There seems to be a psynergy

that can deal with this mechanism, but what catches the eye is the time

counter below. What exactly is that...?

Arrow > An ancient ruin, with a crossing of many gears. The footholds ae

on differing height levels, but can they be changed with psynergy?

The giant section with djinn basically talks about Set, Standby and Summon, which

every GS fan should already know, so I won't translate that. What is interesting

is Muuto's class here; it reads "Enchanter". =D

CIMG5967.jpg

This one is obvious

Quite a bit of new stuff.

In the first scan, Karis heavily implies that her father is either Felix or Isaac "Father and the others". Felix would make a lot of sense and that would pretty much solidify FelixxSheba.

The second scan seems to say that Isaac will be joining the group for a little bit, at least.

Kraden is going to be traveling with us again, apparently. He is Crown/Reif's teacher. Nothing to say where Reif is from though. Also, Stella is not from Garoh. She is a completely new type of creature in the world, he race came about thanks to the Golden Sun being unleashed.

Izumo may be back, or expanded, from looking at the Japanese style building.

The scans are from Famitsu and the translations are by Daidairo from Golden Sun Realm.

Edited by Suichimo

In the first scan, Karis heavily implies that her father is either Felix or Isaac "Father and the others". Felix would make a lot of sense and that would pretty much solidify FelixxSheba.

Hm, that may indeed be the case. Certainly could explain where her Jupiter powers came from.

So no one was right about Stella being from Garoh. Whodathunk the Golden Sun had rapidly evolved creatures of the world would have come up?

Anyways,surprised you missed her class name as well, considering I believe it was emblazoned right next to her official art.

Energist

Strange title to say the least.

So no one was right about Stella being from Garoh. Whodathunk the Golden Sun had rapidly evolved creatures of the world would have come up?

Anyways,surprised you missed her class name as well, considering I believe it was emblazoned right next to her official art.

Energist

Considering that just Psynergy Stones are what made trees sentient and the reason we got all the more vicious animals that we fight, I think its perfectly understandable that fully unleashing Alchemy on the world would cause completely new races to evolve, even in such a short time.

I didn't translate, I know nothing of Japanese. Just taking it from Golden Sun Realm.

With Felix being such a big character in the first two books, his kids would definitely join your party, if he has any. And if Valeans inherit their element from one of their parents, then Karis is likely the child of either Ivan or Sheba. FelixxSheba makes the most sense here.

Energist

At least it's not Wind Seer again...

At least it's not Wind Seer again...

Wind Seer wasn't bad, just weak defensively.

But it means that Stella might get some of the more exotic classes like Ninja or Samurai.