mister kens magical chamber of farts

Ken Zomg

Thank you, ladies!

Now then... ANNOUNCEMENT! ...Kinda. Remember that SF group picture I said I'd make but didn't? I started anew! This time, there's no signing up. You're being drawn if I damn well feel like it.

The theme is Dream of Five... kinda.

Being a selfish bastard, I drew myself first; along with some not-mysterious-at-all frame drawings. OMG!?! WHO ARE THOSE?!?!!

Japanese was used for aesthetic reasons only, I assure you! I might be a hippocrit.

Here's a preview!

sfgroupdraft1.png

The actual image I'm working on is 2.5x larger than this.

Edited by Ken Zomg

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool! I like how dynamic the frames are and the background colors you chose. They really go well together. :)

One warning I would like to give you is to watch out for foreshortening problems, which can pop up quite often in these action-y type shots. For example, the first guy's forearms seem to be in front of him, yet he's holding his spear behind him. A detail like this can take away from an otherwise dramatic pose.

... Dammit, that made me choke on my drink.

You've definitely got skill with dynamic poses, like Blackavar said, but you need a little more practice with foreshortening. The foot (that is a foot, right? The sketchy detail is throwin' me) at waist-level is a good indicator. Basic rule of foreshortening: closer = bigger, and its best to draw the closest body part first. As for your other dynamic poses, like the one in your DoF compilation, I suggest trying to mimic the poses in front of a mirror first, so you can get an idea of what bends where. The pose with the lance, for instance, would probably work better with the elbows out and the palms forward, rather than forward and facing back, respectively.

Now then, I'm gonna finish clearing my throat.

XD I love this one, Kenzo! Tormod is one of my favorite Tellius characters, as is Ike, so having them both in such an epic picture is great. My gosh, this Tormod antic just fits him so well (though in-game he's a bit more serious, you got his enthusiasm perfectly) and even Ike's personality fits awesomely. XD I love this. Great job!

... Dammit, that made me choke on my drink.

You've definitely got skill with dynamic poses, like Blackavar said, but you need a little more practice with foreshortening. The foot (that is a foot, right? The sketchy detail is throwin' me) at waist-level is a good indicator. Basic rule of foreshortening: closer = bigger, and its best to draw the closest body part first. As for your other dynamic poses, like the one in your DoF compilation, I suggest trying to mimic the poses in front of a mirror first, so you can get an idea of what bends where. The pose with the lance, for instance, would probably work better with the elbows out and the palms forward, rather than forward and facing back, respectively.

Now then, I'm gonna finish clearing my throat.

That is indeed a foot. :)

Thanks for the tips!

And Seph, see that green part on the right? :D

That's yours! Unless the big man would like a bigger spot. Like maybe the one above it. Either way, you're in it so donnn wohrrryy.

Also, mine looks more like Tormod

And Seph, see that green part on the right? :D

That's yours! Unless the big man would like a bigger spot. Like maybe the one above it. Either way, you're in it so donnn wohrrryy.

Also, mine looks more like Tormod

Ror.

It is not a question of being able to fit into such a small spot. It is a matter of wondering if you can FIT ME into such a small spot :D

It does. Aeorys's is too tall