Lemmings on the Run (part 2: not serious)

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless I'm mistaken, doesn't the Aum staff break, not kill the user?

Almost there. Can't wait for the finale~

The Aum staff won't kill her. The arrow in her stomach will. That was for next chapter.

Thanks! I've gotta take a break, because my head hurts. It's getting done today or tomorrow. . .okay, break over! I'll post this chapter, and see if I have enough room for the Epilogue.

Endgame

The sun slowly marched down the horizon, as the victorious army gathered for their final dinner. Small conversation popped up here and there, but it soon faded. They were happy about Tiki's return, but Marth had lost his sister in the process. After their return from the tower, they'd built a crude coffin for her, so she could be transported to Altea for burial. Once the coffin had been closed, Marth had retreated to his tent. None were courageous enough to approach that tent.

Perhaps that was a good thing, for they would have seen their prince curled up in a ball, quietly sobbing to himself.

---

He was all by himself. His father had died way back when Gra was considered an ally. His mother had perished to a Mage Dragon. His sister, who he'd just found, had her life stolen by a single stray arrow through her stomach. His family was gone.

"Mar-Mar?" a timid voice asked. Out of everyone in the army, only the dragon girl had the temerity to barge in at a time like this!

"Tiki, not now," he said, between sniffles.

"Mar-Mar, your dinner's getting cold. I brought it for you." Marth looked up, and saw Tiki place a plate of food on a spare box. It still smelled good.

"I--I'll eat later. Thank you, Tiki." Instead of taking the hint, she walked up to him.

"Mar-Mar, why are you sad?" No, she wasn't asking this out of malice. She couldn't comprehend what it was like to slowly lose everyone she cared about.

"I. . ." The prince's voice trailed off. Once again, he saw his dear sister, reclined in a sanguine pool. His eyes began to mist over. Not now!

"You're crying for Big Sister?" Marth could only nod mutely.

"Well. . .Big Sister told me to fight in her place, so that means I'm representing her. That means I'm your big sister!" Despite the mood, Tiki giggled.

"Tiki, it's not that simple--"

"If I'm your big sister, that means everyone else is a part of your family too! I'll introduce everyone! Come on!!" Before Marth could protest, Tiki had run out of the tent, his hand in hers. She was surprisingly strong for such a little girl!

The central bonfire crackled merrily. The evening meal was almost over, but no one had left the comforting light of the fire yet. As one, they looked up when they saw their leader unexpectedly emerge from the tent, with Tiki leading him.

"Hey everyone! I'm gonna introduce you to Mar-Mar!" Several murmurs rippled through the crowd, but it didn't stop the dragon girl's improvised speech.

"That person over there is Horsey, because he lets me feed his horse sometimes!"

"Have I been reduced to being identified by my steed?" Abel mumbled under his breath.

"Hey Tiki, what would happen if Horsey lost his horse?" Julian called out.

"Then he'd be Lance!" she replied cheerfully.

"Julian, you're making this worse!" the mortified paladin snapped, which caused a round of giggles.

"The guy with the red hair is Thiefy, because he always sneaks sweets to me!"

"Looks like I'm not the only one who can't say no to Tiki," Abel teased Julian.

"Oh, stuff it!"

"The one in white is Gordy, and he always tells me funny stories about his little brother!"

"I can't imagine you being an older anything," Tomas grumbled, just a little too loudly.

"The one in the blue robes is Merry, and he's teaching me how to read!" Draug arched an eyebrow at Merric, who ducked behind his plate.

"The one in black robes is Doga, and he knows everything!" Draug felt his cheeks go red.

"The big guy is Mr. Hero, and he's a really good singer!" More than one round of snickers made its way around the fire.

"Hey Mr. Hero, can you sing for us?" Abel asked in a girly voice. Sedgar growled in reply.

"The one with the bow is my sister, Palla! She's so nice!" Tomas coughed loudly.

"Oh, and then there's that dummy Tom-Tom, but Palla seems to like him, so I guess he can be part of the family."

"TIKI!" two voices cried out. The giggles transformed into honest laughs.

"Hey kid, I knew you could do it!" Sedgar said enthusiastically, as he gave Tomas a very hard slap on the back.

"I said I'm not interested in such a bossy girl!" the winded dracoknight protested.

"What did you call me?" Palla said, unamused.

"Scary girl, scary girl!" Tomas shot back.

"Why you--"

"Hey, you two. Get a room," Julian said.

"Ummm. . .get a room? Doga, what does get a room mean?"

"It means. . .err. . .that they're being mean to each other, and need to go on time out." Gordin sputtered hard.

"Wow, Doga, you really do know everything. Sister and Tom-Tom, stop fighting or you'll need to get a room! Huh? What's so funny?" Everyone save Marth had exploded into laughter. Marth stood in front of his troops, completely confused.

"What. . .about me?" a feminine voice asked. Tiki peered at the newcomer, then gasped in shock.

"You look like me! I wanna be as cool as you when I grow up! You can be Future Me!" The woman chuckled.

"I'm. . .your future? Very well, child."

"See, Mar-Mar? You've got plenty of brothers and sisters! Come play with us!" The prince had only heard half of what the energetic girl had said. Elice had mentioned the same thing earlier. . .but how could this innocent girl know that? Perhaps his sister was watching him, through Tiki's eyes. He felt himself smile.

"Okay, Tiki, you win." He'd started with an army. Tiki's introductions had turned them into people.

"YAAAY! Tell us a joke, Mar-Mar!"

"Umm. . .okay. Knock-knock."

"Who's there?" Tomas yelled out.

"Interrupting cow." the prince responded.

"Interrup--" Gordin never got the rest of the statement out.

"MOOOOO!" Marth's new family shared a hearty chuckle.

"I. . .I don't believe it. I've been had by a prince that talks like a cow!" The chuckle turned into side-splitting laughter.

"C'mon Gordin, that joke's been around Altea several times over," Merric said, while elbowing the naive bishop in the ribs.

"I know, but it's Marth! I wasn't expecting--"

"That's why it's a joke, my dear Gordin," the sage replied, not giving his friend a break.

"Merry, stop being mean to Gordy, or you'll need to get a room!" This time, Marth joined in on the laughter that followed.

Nagi watched the one that had awoken her, and the ones that followed him. They laughed and teased each other, and the little girl that was so much like her was responsible for most of it. It did not look like the type of scene that one would expect before the final battle.

(I have been asleep for too long. . .)

Final Forge: Silver Moon (+10 MT +40 HIT Hand Axe. . .basically, Hauteclere on steroids)

Hey, no, what the. . .STOP BEATING UP MY LEMMINGS!!!

Here's where my stat boosters went (forgot exactly who got how many of certain ones, and I'm probably missing a few):

Seraph Robe: Tiki x3, Julian, Draug

Energy Drop: Tomas x2, Tiki ate the rest

Spirit Dust: All Gordin

Skill Book: I forgot who got this one

Speedwings: Tomas x2, Tiki, Julian, Palla, and I forgot the rest

Goddess Icon: Sedgar, Abel, Palla got the rest

Dracoshield: Sedgar, Tiki got the rest

Talisman: Unnecessary

Tomas got the stat boosters he did because I needed him to kill a Pachyderm with Silver Moon. Sedgar got his so that he'd be able to face Medeus, if necessary. Palla got hers so she wouldn't face random criticals. Julian and Draug got theirs because their HP was that bad. Gordin got his so that Fortify would do something. And Tiki. . .was my Medeus killer.

I killed off both Pachyderms ASAP, and the Dracoknight and Bishop on the right. Merric earned himself a very nice award for the Epilogue, while I worked everyone else towards Medeus' lair. Eventually, I rigged it so that Marth would distract the Magestone dude, while Tomas taunted the Hero. One hit from the Railgun, and one Tiki-powered Divinestone blast later, and I ended the chapter. Total turns: 9.

Medeus had done well to keep his best troops near him, for Marth's army had gone from green soldiers in Talys to a terrifying force. Even though their might was divided, they pressed on, determined to end the war.

"I will put an end to this. Watch me, Cain," the paladin from Altea mumbled, as an unlucky general found a new hole in his chest.

(I fight so my brother will never have to), Gordin thought to himself, as he channeled the power he'd worked so hard for into the staff he'd been given specifically for this battle. When the staff's light faded, he smiled, for his power had helped everyone.

"No more futures will be cut short," the stoic knight-turned-sorcerer said, as the light of his staff took away an ally's pain.

(Teacher. . .Elice. . .I wish you were here to see this). Excalibur blew an enemy straight into a wall. Merric nodded at the job he did before moving on.

(You may not be with me, but your spirits live on in the friends I've made. All of you would like them. . .even you, Wolf). As if on cue, an enemy charged Sedgar, who cut him down before he could get his defenses up. The plainsman shook his head, and ran down the now-deserted hallway.

"These people. . .are very strong. . ." Nagi mused. A very familiar enemy appeared. It didn't know of the power of the Divinestone. She intended to teach him about it.

---

"I'm. . .I'm here," Marth gasped out. This was the entrance to the throne room, and on that throne was a very large silhouette. It roared a challenge. Marth charged forward.

"So, foolish boy, you want to end your life against me?" This thing could talk?!

"I am Marth of Altea, and I will stop you!" the prince said as bravely as he could.

"I will destroy you and your pathetic army!" Medeus roared out. He was so intimidating. . .but the dragon before him couldn't be allowed to live!

"Marth, we found you!" Palla yelled. Tomas steadied his dragon, who was more than a little nervous around Medeus.

"You little pests want to die here? I'll gladly grant your wish!" Dolhr's leader declared.

"There's an ugly-looking thing coming out near Medeus. Can you handle that?" Tomas asked calmly. Falchion gleamed in response.

"You take care of that enemy over there," Marth said, pointing towards the soldier with the axe that ran towards the group.

"You leave your fighting to mere girls? You are a coward!"

(This blade. . .it calls for the blood of an evil dragon. . .but I must make sure these enemies don't get past me!) A dragon, scales black as night, fell before Falchion's might.

(The sacrifice of my friends won't be in vain! It's time for me to protect someone!) The enemy with the axe was no match for the dracoknight.

"This is for my sisters. All of them," Palla stated, as she drew back her bow. Julian had given it to her, and she'd asked for some modifications when the army had stopped by a forge. The result was almost too powerful for her to handle, but she was determined to master it. The arrow flew straight and true to its target.

"You little. . .YOU WILL BE THE FIRST TO DIE!"

"Ban-Ban. . .Big Sister. . .you died for my sake. . .and I promise I won't let any more people die like that!" The girl who was unsure of herself at Chiasmir was gone. Instead, a seasoned Divine Dragon faced the Earth Dragon. The light from her Stone pierced the gloom in the throne room.

"I will protect my family!!"

Edited by eclipse

Looks like the Epilogue gets its own post, because I've got a bunch of write-up that goes with it. Once done, I'll get around to starting the second run. . .the funny one. Be scared, everyone! The rules will change, but I won't say how!

Epilogue

The dying rays of the sun painted the Dolhr landscape, taking the last of the once-mighty kingdom's glory with it. This would be the first night without the threat of an enemy. Tonight, the victors would sleep well.

"After all we've been through. . .it's over." The group cheered as its leader made that statement.

"Never in my wildest dreams did I think the battle for my home would turn into a war to save the world. All of you, thank you for staying by Marth's side." Applause followed Nyna's words.

"Mar-Mar, when's dinner?" Tiki called out.

"It's almost done," the hungry prince replied.

"That's a relief. This time, I'll be around to eat it," Sedgar grumbled.

"Oh, Sedgar. I remembered what happened back in Archanea. I've requested something special, just for you!" Nyna said, an uncharacteristic mischief in her voice.

"I don't like the sound of that," the unlucky hero said to no one in particular. The smells of dinner beckoned. He answered its call, albeit a little nervously.

---

The fierce battle had left one of the dining rooms untouched. Dinner had been a hasty affair, but--

"Herb-crusted chicken? When did you find the time to do this?" Sedgar asked.

"That dish doesn't take as long to prepare as you think it does," Nyna answered mysteriously.

"My favorite! MINE!" Tomas called, as he dove for a piece.

"Not a chance, kid! You're the reason why I missed it the first time!"

"Are you sure the two of you aren't related?" Abel inquired. The hero and the dracoknight regarded each other for a moment.

"ABSOLUTELY NOT!"

---

The war was over. The army broke up into individuals, each with his or her own destination.

"Where are you headed?" Abel asked Julian. Deep down, the paladin would miss the thief.

"Palla said she's going home to Macedon, so I'm going with her. It's the least I can do for Princess Maria," the thief answered casually.

"If you ever find yourself in Altea, feel free to stop by and say hi."

"I'll find a way to take you up on that!"

---

"Tiki, what are you doing?" Marth found the dragon girl staring off into the distance at Dolhr Keep.

"Oh, hi Mar-Mar. I said bye-bye to Future Me!" Despite her words, Tiki wore a big smile.

"Nagi left already?!" How could anyone leave that fast?

"Yep! She went back home!"

"What will you do, Tiki?" She had no home that Marth knew of, and Bantu seemed like her caretaker. He would be more than happy to invite her to Altea, of course!

"Old Man and Meanie said they want me back home, so I'll go meet them!"

"Should I ask who they are?" Did this girl give nicknames to everyone?

"No need!" With a giggle, the dragon girl ran off, carefree as always.

"I hope the two she mentioned can handle that," the prince mumbled, before walking towards the rest of his knights.

The dragon girl stopped and looked behind her. She smiled, and her form slowly changed into that of a boy.

"Meanie!" Tiki cried out.

"You already had a chance to say your goodbyes! You'd never let them leave if you had it your way!" the boy lectured her.

"They're my family!" the girl argued.

"Don't worry, you'll see them again! Sheesh. . .you're such a handful, Tiki." The boy rolled his eyes. The girl pouted.

"But--" The boy put his hands on the girl's shoulders.

"Once things have settled down, I'll take you around and you can say hi to everyone."

"You promise?" Ugh, those eyes! How could he NOT promise her?

"Yes, Tiki, I promise."

"You'd better, Xane. I won't forgive you if they die before I say hi!"

"They won't. Let's go. Gotoh's waiting for us."

---

"So you're going to Macedon, Palla?"

"Yes I am, just as you're going home to Archanea, Tomas."

"I. . .umm. . ."

"Yes?"

"Thank you. Even if you are a little scary, you were nice enough to keep your word and teach me how to ride a dragon."

"Uh, thank you too, for teaching me how to shoot a bow."

Neither was sure of what to say next. The silence was broken by a very familiar voice.

"Hey, are the two of you going to stare deeply into each other's eyes all day?" Sedgar's voice snapped both of them back to reality.

"Why do you have to say it like that, old man?" Tomas said sharply.

"We're about to head off. If you don't move it, you're going to Macedon with her."

"I think one traveling companion is enough for me!" Palla stated.

"The two of you may never see each other again, and that's all you can say?" Sedgar shook his head.

"You're bossy."

"You're weird."

"I swear you kids will regret that later in life. Come on, Tomas, time to go."

As the older man turned to leave, the dracoknight and archer looked at each other one more time, and smiled. This wouldn't be the last time they saw each other!

---

No fanfare greeted the prince as he walked down the familiar path home. He'd been through this very forest not too long ago, when he'd come to retake Altea. Beyond the forest lay a sight Marth did not want to see. Gordin stopped dead in his tracks.

"I. . .I. . ." the bishop stuttered. Draug inched his way around his friend.

"It can't be. . ." he said, disbelief in his voice.

"Move you two, I wanna see!" Merric cried. He could only gasp at what he saw.

The skeletons of the buildings remained, but they were not the skeletons of death. They were the first steps towards a new village. Ashen fields had been transformed into dark brown furrows, with spots of green poking up. Livestock once again roamed the roads.

"Hey, o'er there! It's Prince Marth!" Before the shocked prince could say anything, people swarmed him and his group of knights.

"Your 'ighness, welcome! We don't have much, but we'll share what you've got!"

"But. . .how. . ." Marth stammered.

"We lost a good deal o' our people to Dolhr, but they didn' kill e'eryone. Some of us escaped, an' waited 'till it was safe to rebuild our home!"

"The silo. . ." Gordin mumbled.

"Oh, that old thing? We tore 'er down. We buried all the poor folk in there, o' course!" Tears formed in Gordin's eyes. All those people. . .

"Kid, don' cry like that! We figured those people in there would wanna see a bustlin' village, so we're gonna bring it back stronger than ever!"

"Th-thank you," he blubbered.

"What happened to the innkeeper?" Abel asked the nearest person.

"We 'ad to knock 'im out cold, but we weren't gonna let Dolhr steal the secret o' our veggies! We got a harvest in not too long ago! Dinner's on us!" Various cheers went up as Marth, Abel, Gordin, Draug, and Merric were herded towards the inn.

From the door of the inn, Marth turned towards the baby skeletons that held the promise of a new, better village.

"Everyone. . .I'm home. . ."

First, the awards.

Weirdest level-up: Gordin's Strength gain as a level 9 Bishop.

Weirdest final stat: Tomas' 8 RES as a Dracoknight, no stat boosters.

Most amusing final stat: Draug's 24 Speed as a Sorcerer.

Most efficient user of stat boosts: Tomas, who went from mediocre to killing half of Endgame by himself.

Best Survival Instinct: Merric, for pulling an Excaliblick on an Endgame Manakete that would have otherwise turned him into a pile of ash.

Best use of the Starsphere: Tiki (she would've needed to steal Nagi's Stone if I didn't have the Starsphere)

Biggest turn count shaver: Abel, for saving me at least 50 turns on Chapter 3 (he gained enough Speed to avoid being doubled by the boss).

The MVP of this run: Sedgar, hands down. Look at his final stats, and remember that the only things he got were one Goddess Icon and one Dracoshield. He wasn't kidding when he said he wouldn't let me down!

Final stats (asterisk indicates a stat booster was used. . .might not be accurate for certain characters). The random generic survived because no one wanted to touch him.

Name     Class     Level   HP   Str  Mag  Skl  Spd  Luk  Def  Res
Marth    Lord      29.03   40   17    0   16   22   26   12    1
Abel     Paladin   14.05   45   20    1   27   23   15*  15    6
Draug    Sorcerer   9.03   37*   3   10   13   24   13    4   12
Gordin   Bishop    14.69   39    2   19*  15   11   17    7   17
Julian   Thief     25.69   41*  12    0   19   26*  24   13    1
Merric   Sage      11.63   44    3   14   17   18   20    6   11
Sedgar   Hero      20.00   56   22    1   29   26   16*  25*   2
Tomas    Drakky    17.82   40   23*   1   19   23*  11   12    8
Palla    Sniper    13.83   48   24    1   28   24*  10*  15    4
Tiki     Manakete  23.11   58*  20*   2   20   20*  20   15*  11
Nagi     Manakete  Base everything
Antony   General   12.00   45   11    1   10    4    0   24    3

Final thoughts:

Marth: Despite the fact that he's -2 STR/+2 SKL, it was sufficient.

Abel: Marth's steadfast companion, and early/mid-game slayer. I wish he had the ability to rescue!

Draug: Hard to believe that's above average Magic. . .but his Speed was a pretty big asset.

Gordin: Apparently, that's Gordin going above and beyond the call of duty, in terms of Magic and Resistance. That's what I needed him to do, and he did it beautifully.

Julian: See what I said for Marth. . .bu throw in +3 DEF, which meant I could use him as a front-line fighter.

Merric: WTF +4 Luck. He did what he needed to, though I wish he'd been a little more above average.

Sedgar: For what I did to him, that's average. . .if you ignore the fact that his effective growth rate for Luck is closer to 60%. When I did this run, I asked him to gain enough Luck so I wouldn't have to feed him too many Goddess Icons. He answered, in the most brilliant way possible!

Tomas: Take out the stat boosters, and you've got -2 HP, +2 STR and SKL, -1 DEF, and +3 RES. That +3 RES is a big WTF, because he's got 5% growth as a Cavalier, and 10% as a Dracoknight. He did a pretty good job, even with the wonky-ass Resistance.

Palla: She maxed Strength a little early, and was generally above average until level 13 Sniper. I'm happy.

Tiki: Before I went nuts with the stat boosters, she was at level 21 with 11 STR, which is two off her average. That's not what I needed to see!

Nagi: Uh, good job blocking reinforcements?

Antony: Your big, armored rear was enough to block the Pachyderm.

Excellent story, excellent playlog! I must say, your writing style is very impressive. Do you/did you study English Literature? All the same, it was great. Also, that was one fast Draug, even for a sorcerer >.>

From start to finish an amazing story, better than anything IS could have ever come up with and better than most writers could ever do. Here's hoping funny is just as good.

Thank you! If you know somewhere that wouldn't mind hosting this thing (NOT fanfiction.net!), I could probably turn this into either a long text file or a web page.

It wasn't that there was a place I wanted to point it out to but just somewhere I can recommend people too if I they're interested. I certainly wouldn't put it somewhere without permission, that's breaching copyright law, but if there's somewhere that's looking for, for a lack of a better term fanfiction, and I or any of us want to recommend it I just think it'd be good for it to be in one place if it's not too much hassle. Thanks again for a great story!

Excellent story, excellent playlog! I must say, your writing style is very impressive. Do you/did you study English Literature? All the same, it was great. Also, that was one fast Draug, even for a sorcerer >.>

Thank you! The closest thing to English Literature I took were some mid-level English courses in college.

From start to finish an amazing story, better than anything IS could have ever come up with and better than most writers could ever do. Here's hoping funny is just as good.

Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed it! I hope my humor is up your alley.

It wasn't that there was a place I wanted to point it out to but just somewhere I can recommend people too if I they're interested. I certainly wouldn't put it somewhere without permission, that's breaching copyright law, but if there's somewhere that's looking for, for a lack of a better term fanfiction, and I or any of us want to recommend it I just think it'd be good for it to be in one place if it's not too much hassle. Thanks again for a great story!

I'll try to think of some way of compiling this and posting it. If I can find some random free web hosting, I might put all my runs up, no matter how weird they are! Thanks for the idea!

This is better than the regular story. I applaud you heartily.

*can't wait to fall off his chair laughing*

Thank you! I'll do my best to amuse you!

Some random rule changes:

1. Jagen is not allowed to pwn the first few chapters too much (and if he dies to a random critical after Chapter 3, I'm not stopping for him).

2. Every chapter will be preceded by a song. Whether that song exists on YouTube is another matter.

3. Sedgar may end up going General. I'm not sure, and neither is he.

4. Death is not the only way to get out of Marth's army.

5. Everyone else. . .well, you'll see. . .I hope I can finish this one!

Chapter 1

"空に夢の花火打ち上げて~"

-- JEWELLRY STORM by L.E.D.-G fw. Eriko Tanzawa

"HEY, main character speaking! I demand you change the chapter theme to something cooler!"

"Stuff it, tiara boy. This song is about as manly as you are!"

"I resent that!"

"Oh, look at the time, I need to start the story. Toodles!"

---

"WHAT?! I'm getting kicked out? Aw, man. . ." the depressed prince whined. He'd been forced to take refuge in some fort in the middle of nowhere, and now he was being evicted, courtesy of the Ditzy Princess.

"You've been here for three years, and you haven't paid a single gold coin in rent. We've got better uses for this space, so shoo!" the Ditzy Princess ordered.

"Does that mean we get to go outside?" the rest of his peeps asked in unison.

"I guess we don't have a choice. . ." Marth grumbled.

"FREEDOM!" they cried out as one.

"Fine, fine, whatever. . .but I'm gonna complain to your father, you brat!" the spoiled prince whined. Ditzy Princess giggled. . .what an airhead.

As Marth and his unfortunate followers left, Caeda giggled to herself again.

"Did he not check the calendar? Today is April the first. Ah, he'll find out soon enough. Maybe he'll do something about those bandits nearby. Hmm, who are you?" Someone had intruded on her evil finishing monologue!

"My name is Cain, and I have forgotten where I left my trusty Javelin!"

"Did you hear anything?"

"Hear what?" This guy was thicker than molasses! The princess giggled to herself again.

"By decree of the royal family, you are now my personal shopper. Let's go, dear!"

"Right, Your Highness! I will be the best personal shopper you've ever had!"

(Sucker.)

---

"Hrmph, those bloody peasants were no match for us!" Marth announced, as he hefted his sword into the air. He'd forgotten to clean it, so his announcement was spoiled by a string of curses, as he hastily got the blood off of his face.

"Hey, has anyone seen Cain? He ran off with my Iron Lance," Abel said.

"I passed him on the way out. He said something about becoming Princess Caeda's personal shopper. I doubt we'll see him again," Gordin stated, snickering.

"Those pirates. . .how did they walk on water?" Draug mused to himself.

"Dunno, but they're about as good-looking as you are," the archer chimed in.

"Why did I not die with King Cornelius on that fateful day? 'Twould have been better than this mess," Jagen mumbled to himself.

"Hey old man, did you say something?"

"Nothing, sire. Nothing at all."

---

"WHAT?!"

"My dear Caeda had a wonderful idea, so I'll follow it! If you want to freeload, go to Aurelis. It's said there's plenty of room there, because most of the fighting men are dead." the king said, while fiddling with the multicolor cube in his hands.

"But I don't wanna die!" the prince sniveled.

"Then stop being such a wimp and make sure you don't!" came the reply.

"Awwww. . ." The king's attention was diverted by the colorful cube. He didn't notice that Marth took several of the candlesticks on his way out.

(Perhaps I should ask Caeda how to solve this puzzling cube. Who was this Rubik, and why did he invent such a cube?)

Total reset party. Here's what happened, and why I reset:

1. My cartridge decided to mimic dondon's 0% growth run, so I reset before I got fed up with the boss.

2. Jagen didn't weaken stuff, he got a lot of random criticals, which meant that Gordin AND Marth didn't level.

3. Abel died.

4. Abel died again.

5. Jagen hit a critical on the boss (again), but at least everyone that needed to managed to level, and they were pretty good levels, too! I kept this one, despite the old man's antics.

Jagen to fort, everyone else to mop-up duty. Cain died valiantly protecting Gordin. I didn't have time to kill Caeda, but I'll pretend I did.

Well anyways I have to say that the serious run was excellently done and I really enjoyed reading it. Though I did have to laugh at Gordin baiting one of the ballista's and giggling. Though I was surprise Palla wasn't showing eyes towards Abel... smile.gif

And the humorous one seems to be delivering so thanks for doing these.

Wow. From flood face to snarky guy in the back. Gordin's evolved, man.

I promise it will get worse. . .

Well done.

Thank you!

Well anyways I have to say that the serious run was excellently done and I really enjoyed reading it. Though I did have to laugh at Gordin baiting one of the ballista's and giggling. Though I was surprise Palla wasn't showing eyes towards Abel... smile.gif

And the humorous one seems to be delivering so thanks for doing these.

I didn't have Palla look at Abel because screw canon I honestly have no idea what Palla OR Est saw in him. If I had a better idea as to why she's interested in a guy that much older than her, I might have written that in. . .

Lastly, thank you!

Now, for a rare morning update!

Chapter 2

*insert awesome instrumentals here*

--氷梅香 by kurena

"Ah, the populace has come out in droves to see us off! Rest well my people, I'll be back!" the prince proclaimed to the crowd.

"Marth, they don't look too happy, and most of them are holding weapons," Abel pointed out nervously.

"A soldier's salute it is! I'm so proud of you, everyone!" Marth said, brandishing his own weapon. The crowd roiled and charged.

"Good job, you idiot," Gordin mumbled, as he hefted his Steel--

*THUD*

"Oh, right, I need to do more push-ups," the hopeless archer whined, as he picked his sorry self off the ground.

---

"NO! Get away from me! You're going to ruin my hair!" Abel cried, as the over-eager populace saw the prince off.

"Yo, where's the best place to--" a random bow peasant yelled.

"Khadein!" the beleaguered cavalier yelled back.

"Thanks, man!" the peasant groveled, as he ran off in the direction of the desert academy.

"How did he know I was asking for the best place to surf? Time to ditch this bow and shirt! Scantily-clad ladies, here I come!"

---

"Yo Draug, if you're gonna hurl your guts, do so over the railing!" Jagen growled.

"I hate boats! One day, I'm gonna become a pirate, so I can walk across the sea!" the unfortunate knight moaned.

"Good luck with that," the old man mumbled, as he distanced himself from Draug. The knight's only response was a disgusting sound, aimed somewhere that was NOT over the railing.

(Ewwww. . .I'm so glad my stomach is stronger than that!)

Killed off the initial rush (you know you're pathetic when JAGEN is doubling you), then slowly baited the rest with Marth. His Highness is turning out absolutely insane, which I'll need, because he's gonna need to near-solo Chapter 3. Castor killed Caeda. . .and Gaggles still refuses to gain Strength.

I had my own ideas for Abel, but his levels don't match what I want. His role in the story will be different than what I intended. Sorry, Tomas!

Edited by eclipse

Not srs story is so not srs.

But me likez.

Thank you!! Be happy! AND FINISH THAT DRAFT TOURNAMENT, DAMMIT!

Not srs story is not srs.

I return to frequenting this thread.

<3

Whee! I hope I can keep this madness up!

*falls off chair laughing*

Aw, poor Marth.

Have someone get raped to death

Marth's job is to make Matthis look like hero material. I think he's doing a fine job.

who says I feel like killing anyone?

Sorry this took so long! Due to some of the more. . .colorful things I did, Chapter 4 was really hard to beat. Someone kept dying. Oddly enough, it wasn't Marth. Here's why:

Marth    Lord       7.19   22    8    0    5   13   12    9    0

Story time!

Chapter 3

"He will never come back again."

-- BALALAIKA, CARRIED WITH THE WIND by Julie ann Frost

"I'll take mountains over the sea. I can't get mountain sick."

"That gives me an idea!"

"DON'T DO IT!!!"

---

"You told me to betray all my friends and run off with you because you had some sort of surprise for me," a familiar former bandit demanded.

"Of course, dearie. When I use my magical powers, YOU WILL BE PART OF MY BRAINWASHED BOY HAREM!!" The look in the cleric's eyes went from innocent to manic. Julian obeyed his instincts, and ran.

"Come back, my sweet little--OOF!" Lena had tried to draw on her magic while running. She didn't notice the mountain wall to her left, and had run into it right when she was ready to cast. The resulting jolt caused her intentions to bounce, and--

---

"We found 'er. Whaddya want us to do, Boss?" The bandits leered at the woman leaning against the mountain, who regarded her staff with curiosity.

"Bring her back. And if she refuses--" the long-haired man started to say, but was cut off by the woman.

"Excuse me, sir, but where am I?" the cleric asked, polite as usual.

"You're in the Samsooth Mountains," the most well-mannered of the bandits replied.

"The Samsooth Mountains? I do not recall such a place."

"Enough! Will you come back quietly, or will we need to bring you back by force?"

"'Ey, can we 'ave some fun with 'er first?" an uncouth bandit called out.

"Kind sir, may I borrow your sword? Upon my honor as a knight, I will not touch a hair on your head." The lowlier bandits burst out laughing. What could this frail woman do to them?

"If you think it will help," the one with the sword said, as he surrendered his Killing Edge.

"Boss, whaddya think yo're doin'? Huh? AAARGH!"

True to the woman's word, the one who lent him the sword escaped unharmed. Everyone else wasn't so lucky.

---

Meanwhile. . .

"Who are you?" the imposing figure in black asked the woman on the ground.

"Ummm. . .what?" came the reply.

"Why am I stuck in this stuffy suit, holding this hunk of metal I don't know how to use?"

"You're the Black Knight, famed general of Daien, and last I recall, you were trying to kill me."

"What kind of tacky name is Black Knight! My name is Lena, and I was trying to capture another member for my boy harem!"

"Can I go?" the one on the ground asked.

"You're a woman, so I'm not interested in you. Do whatever you want," the would-be executioner said merrily.

"Turn and face me, Black Knight!" a male voice demanded. The one in black somehow turned. How did the original owner move in such a restricting suit of armor?

"Oooh. . .your voice held promise, but you're totally not the type to enter my boy harem," the armored figure said, in a disturbingly light voice.

"Excuse me?" the man said, the fury on his face replaced by confusion. The pink-haired woman that was supposed to be executed hastily picked herself up off the ground and ran out of the room.

"I said I don't want you in my boy harem! Shoo!" The man's jaw hit the floor.

"You are the Black Knight, the one that killed my father, and now you're saying that I'm not fit for your boy harem? Did you hit your head somewhere?"

"Black Knight this, Black Knight that. My name is Lena!" the 'Black Knight' insisted. The figure's armored gauntlets went towards the massive helmet on his head.

"Brother! Are you taking that off?" yet another newcomer demanded.

"What does it look like, you little brat? I can't breathe in this thing!" the one in armor shrieked.

"Um, sorry, but we gotta go! Ike, we're leaving! That thing in the armor's gonna ruin Radiant Dawn!" the new girl said, as she grabbed her brother and hightailed it out of the room.

"Oh, for crying out loud. . .where did you guys come from?" A group of soldiers had appeared around what they thought was their commander.

"We're here to protect you, sir!" a brave soldier responded.

"NONE OF YOU are fit for my boy harem! Get out of here!" As one, the soldiers fled.

"Ugh, this armor. . .what was this guy thinking? First things first, ditch the armor. Next, a nice long bath is in order. . .I'll get my boy harem, just you wait and see!" The "Black Knight" left, humming merrily to himself.

---

"Your swordsmanship is not like anything I've seen," the lone surviving bandit said, as the mysterious woman handed his bloodied blade back to him.

"You have honor. May I ask what your name is?"

"Navarre."

"That sword you wield is not something a rank soldier would carry. You strike me as someone that has skill with a blade. I would like to challenge you one day," "Lena" said, as she examined the blisters on her hands.

"I apologize, but I am unable to fight a woman," Navarre stated firmly.

"Then do not think of me as a woman," came the unexpectedly calm reply.

"But--"

"Judge me by my skill, Navarre. Give me a chance to whip this body into shape. One day, I will challenge you. I hope you accept," she said mysteriously, as she walked down the mountain. Navarre could only watch her, and mentally scratch his head.

"What happened to her? She was supposed to be a cleric, not a terror with the sword! That look in her eyes tells me she'll find me some way or another. I suppose I can't get out of this one. I'd better get out of these mountains and train for real," he mumbled, as he took another path out of the mountains.

---

"Why do I get the feeling that the author felt like ignoring us?" Marth asked the air.

"Because I just did."

"You totally skipped out on this Julian fellow, and--"

"Who cares? This chapter write-up is turning into an essay. Whether you like it or not, I'm ending it!"

My Lemmings ran left, and plowed the enemies that stood between them and the chokepoint near the boss. Once I cleared out everyone in that area, I parked Draug on the fort, and had Gordin snipe over his shoulder. Lots of stuff died. I then used a rather stupid and reckless strategy involving Jagen, Abel + Steel Sword, Marth + Steel Sword, and Gordin. Here's the order of events:

1. Jagen hits with the Silver Lance, and does not die in the process.

2. Abel hits, and dodges one 50% attack.

3. Marth hits.

4. Gordin hits before he's turned into worm food.

This only took a couple of resets.

lawl, transplant. Was Lena switching with Zelgius or Mia?

Lena switched with the one that had the Warp Powder mishap. That was such a silly explanation. . .

I'm trying to think of Chapter 4. . .and nothing good's coming. All I know is that Matthis will be the star of the chapter.

I see, that was fine, just making sure about that.  It worked well anyways.

Found chapter 2 to be quite hilarious, poor Marth not knowing what is going on.

And chapter 3 became funnier when I realized exactly what happened with the two.

MATTHIS, HARD ROCK ICON

. . .and with that, you gave me the chapter idea. Thank you!

I see, that was fine, just making sure about that. It worked well anyways.

Found chapter 2 to be quite hilarious, poor Marth not knowing what is going on.

And chapter 3 became funnier when I realized exactly what happened with the two.

Heh, thanks! I'll have a bunch of explaining to do for my RL proofreader once she gets around to reading it.

Next playthrough Myrm!Lena do it!!!

Oh gosh. . .maybe for a future playthrough, all my magical units go physical, and only three physical units are allowed to survive, so they can be magical?

You can thank Integrity for many of these units.

Chapter 4

"Believe in your dreams, the world is waiting for you, it's all up to you"

-- MARIA (I believe) by Naoki feat. Paula Terry

"These enemies have no sense of style! I must show them what it means to look good!" Abel exclaimed, as he gave his horse one last pat on the rear. He brandished his sword, the only remnant of his days as an unrefined knight. From now on, he'd be a stylish Myrmidon!

"You say I'm not doing enough damage, Marth? You'll--hey, why did you cut out the rest of my scene?!" Gordin whined.

"Because you're too much of a pain to write about. Maybe later."

"HOW DARE YOU!"

"If it pleases you, sire, I'd like to take this time to practice my water walking skills," Draug stated politely. Marth and Jagen rolled their eyes in unison.

"Fine, fine, do whatever you guys want. I see a nice castle up ahead, and I could really use a bath. Say, Jagen, can you gather some rose petals for my upcoming bath during the battle?" The prince wandered off, humming some tune or another.

"How could you raise such a worthless son, King Cornelius?" Jagen mumbled, before looking for the nearest rose bush.

Meanwhile. . .

"Hmm? You say your master let you go? You want ME to ride you? This must be fate! I can finally be a Valkyrie! Hi-ho, Silver!" The horse neighed at her master's enthusiasm. This rider was in the wrong body, time, and universe to be a Valkyrie! But. . .best not to dampen his spirits. Yet.

---

He saw the prince and his rebels come down the lea, swords out. No one could stop them, save one. With streamers flying in the wind, he charged down the hill, single-handedly, to take out those silly, untrained children. One by one, they fell to his mighty lance. At last, the only one left standing was the rebel leader. The boy had skill, for his blade was not as clean as it should have been. Blood speckled the prince's clothes. It was time for the amazing Paladin Matthis to avenge his fallen soldiers! He--

"Hey, stupid, watch where you point that lance. I'm about to steal your underwear." A cool breeze brought Matthis back to reality. A lowly thief held his saddlebags, his armor, and his favorite shirt and pants, leaving him with only his Super Manakete undies! Matthis yelped like a girl before running off into the forest. No one really cared what happened to him after that, so this chapter's story ends here.

In case it wasn't obvious, reclassed Abel to Myrmidon, Gordin to Mage, and Draug to Pirate.

Used Abel and a couple of generics to keep my backside clear, then charged forward with everyone else. Everyone that was an enemy went down, and Marth got his good buddy out of the village. Once the threat from the rear was eliminated (thanks to Abel), used Jagen to bait the archers, then used Gordin to kill the knight (he couldn't double. . .) The two Horsemen went down shortly after, then Gordin got some much-needed practice with Fire, before Marth went and stole the kill.

I like Gordin as a Mage so far.

Chapter 5

"We just like to party!"

-- cross the mind by celas

"Oh, we have another castle to liberate?" the addlebrained prince asked.

"YES!" Jagen yelled, for the fifth time.

"Do they have good food?"

"The Princess Nyna is--" Jagen started, but was cut off by Mr. Naive Prince.

"A princess! Finally, we'll get a woman in our ranks! She can cook, and clean, and--"

"Forget it!" the old paladin roared, as he rode off before his temper got the better of him. Who put that fool in charge, anyway?!

Elsewhere. . .

"I guess I'll take this lance. Maybe I should take this sword, too. But I remember seeing armors outside, so perhaps I should take an axe instead."

"Sedgar, hurry up!" the purple-haired brat whined.

"Please don't rush me! I need time to formulate a plan so that I'll be effective out there."

"You've been doing this for half an hour! At this rate, we'll never meet Marth!" Why couldn't that purple-haired kid grow up?!

"But I'd need to bring a Hammer, and my horse doesn't like it when I carry a lot of heavy things. Ah, what shall I do?"

Wolf shook his head at his friend's indecision, before joining the rest of Hardin's group to meet the prince. Sedgar would catch up eventually. . .or so the purple-haired brat hoped.

Much later. . .

"Sir! I think that's Marth and his army, but. . ."

"But what, Roshea?"

"The one I think is Marth is leaning against a tree with his finger up his nose. Reports mentioned that he had a cavalier, a paladin, an archer, and a knight in his service. I only see the paladin and cavalier. The others are a myrmidon who has the enemy lined up for haircuts, a pirate who keeps asking where the sea is, and some kid who nearly set the village on fire. There's also another man who seems to be affiliated with them, but he seems to be preoccupied with stealing the clothes off of the enemy."

"I guess this was the wrong group. Perhaps they went north?"

"I'll check, sir!"

"Very good, Vyland. Come back safely!"

Much, much later. . .

"Oh sweet, we found the castle! Where's that woman? I demand a good dinner!"

"Marth, this doesn't seem to be a castle," Draug commented, as he looked in each room, presumably to find the sea.

"Huh? Who are you guys?" A man walked out of one of the unchecked rooms. He wore a horned helmet, full chest armor, light pants, and held a staff in hand.

"I'm Marth, and this is my army," the preoccupied prince said, as he did a third circuit around the kitchen. Where was that mysterious woman?

"Weren't you supposed to meet with my commander?" the oddly-dressed occupant asked.

"We didn't meet anyone out there," came the mumbled reply. Maybe she was in a cupboard?

"If they're not here, then I'll represent them. My name's Sedgar, and I'm almost ready to leave."

"What are you talking about, dude? We already sent those enemies packing."

"Ummm. . .okay. I'm still joining. It's better than hanging around here."

"Hey, Sedgar, did you see a woman around here?"

"Oh, you mean Princess Nyna? She--"

"She needs to make me dinner!" Marth demanded.

"I think she went ahead to Aurelis Castle and--"

"Okay, everyone, let's go!" A collective groan answered Marth's order.

"If you're gonna leave, I'll pack a few things. Can't be too prepared."

The next day. . .

"Well, we couldn't find Marth, but it looks like he managed to rout the enemy," Hardin told his troops.

"I can't wait to get back! I could use a proper meal, and--" Wolf's sentence was cut short by the sight that greeted him.

Their base of operations was completely bare. Chairs, tables, kitchen cabinets. . .all gone. A scrap of paper had somehow escaped the inexplicable theft. Wolf picked it up and read it.

"Not sure when you guys are coming back, and Marth needs all the help he can get. I'll return everything once we're done. --Sedgar"

"SEDGAR YOU IDIOT! I'LL ENJOY FLAYING THE FLESH OFF YOUR BACK WHEN I SEE YOU NEXT!!!!!"

"Is Wolf fantasizing again?" Roshea whispered to Vyland.

"Probably. But that does give me an idea. . ." Vyland whispered back.

"Commander, since we have a lot of spare room, why don't we. . ." Hardin nodded as Vyland explained his idea.

"That is brilliant, Vyland! Get word out to all the neighboring kingdoms! I'm sure there's plenty of people that'll jump at this opportunity!"

Reclassed Merric to Cavalier.

The starting enemies died to God!Marth, while all of Hardin's non-Lemmings committed suicide. Sedgar managed to run through the chaos towards Marth's army. I recruited Wendell because Gordin really needs that Thunder tome. Once everyone that mattered had regrouped, I marched straightaway towards the boss, who was pelted with all sorts of fun things before Marth ran in and killed him.

Merric gained Strength and Gordin gained Magic. I am extremely happy.

EDIT: DUE TO AN ECLIPSE-SIZED SCREW-UP (called forgetting Bantu), I NEED TO REDO THIS. Before I do, I'm posting Merric's epic stats here. Marth and Gordin did a good job, so their stats go here, too.

I might do a little save-scumming, just to get Merric and Gordin's Strength and Magic back to where they belong.

Marth    Lord      13.83   28   11    0    8   14   17    9    0
Merric   Cavalier  15.68   34    8*   0   12   16    8   13    0
Gordin   Mage      17.40   25    1    8    7    8   11    4    5

Edited by eclipse

I was having so much fun that I forgot the post where I condense everything! Here it is!

[spoiler=Story]Chapter 1

"空に夢の花火打ち上げて~"

-- JEWELLRY STORM by L.E.D.-G fw. Eriko Tanzawa

"HEY, main character speaking! I demand you change the chapter theme to something cooler!"

"Stuff it, tiara boy. This song is about as manly as you are!"

"I resent that!"

"Oh, look at the time, I need to start the story. Toodles!"

---

"WHAT?! I'm getting kicked out? Aw, man. . ." the depressed prince whined. He'd been forced to take refuge in some fort in the middle of nowhere, and now he was being evicted, courtesy of the Ditzy Princess.

"You've been here for three years, and you haven't paid a single gold coin in rent. We've got better uses for this space, so shoo!" the Ditzy Princess ordered.

"Does that mean we get to go outside?" the rest of his peeps asked in unison.

"I guess we don't have a choice. . ." Marth grumbled.

"FREEDOM!" they cried out as one.

"Fine, fine, whatever. . .but I'm gonna complain to your father, you brat!" the spoiled prince whined. Ditzy Princess giggled. . .what an airhead.

As Marth and his unfortunate followers left, Caeda giggled to herself again.

"Did he not check the calendar? Today is April the first. Ah, he'll find out soon enough. Maybe he'll do something about those bandits nearby. Hmm, who are you?" Someone had intruded on her evil finishing monologue!

"My name is Cain, and I have forgotten where I left my trusty Javelin!"

"Did you hear anything?"

"Hear what?" This guy was thicker than molasses! The princess giggled to herself again.

"By decree of the royal family, you are now my personal shopper. Let's go, dear!"

"Right, Your Highness! I will be the best personal shopper you've ever had!"

(Sucker.)

---

"Hrmph, those bloody peasants were no match for us!" Marth announced, as he hefted his sword into the air. He'd forgotten to clean it, so his announcement was spoiled by a string of curses, as he hastily got the blood off of his face.

"Hey, has anyone seen Cain? He ran off with my Iron Lance," Abel said.

"I passed him on the way out. He said something about becoming Princess Caeda's personal shopper. I doubt we'll see him again," Gordin stated, snickering.

"Those pirates. . .how did they walk on water?" Draug mused to himself.

"Dunno, but they're about as good-looking as you are," the archer chimed in.

"Why did I not die with King Cornelius on that fateful day? 'Twould have been better than this mess," Jagen mumbled to himself.

"Hey old man, did you say something?"

"Nothing, sire. Nothing at all."

---

"WHAT?!"

"My dear Caeda had a wonderful idea, so I'll follow it! If you want to freeload, go to Aurelis. It's said there's plenty of room there, because most of the fighting men are dead." the king said, while fiddling with the multicolor cube in his hands.

"But I don't wanna die!" the prince sniveled.

"Then stop being such a wimp and make sure you don't!" came the reply.

"Awwww. . ." The king's attention was diverted by the colorful cube. He didn't notice that Marth took several of the candlesticks on his way out.

(Perhaps I should ask Caeda how to solve this puzzling cube. Who was this Rubik, and why did he invent such a cube?)

Chapter 2

*insert awesome instrumentals here*

--氷梅香 by kurena

"Ah, the populace has come out in droves to see us off! Rest well my people, I'll be back!" the prince proclaimed to the crowd.

"Marth, they don't look too happy, and most of them are holding weapons," Abel pointed out nervously.

"A soldier's salute it is! I'm so proud of you, everyone!" Marth said, brandishing his own weapon. The crowd roiled and charged.

"Good job, you idiot," Gordin mumbled, as he hefted his Steel--

*THUD*

"Oh, right, I need to do more push-ups," the hopeless archer whined, as he picked his sorry self off the ground.

---

"NO! Get away from me! You're going to ruin my hair!" Abel cried, as the over-eager populace saw the prince off.

"Yo, where's the best place to--" a random bow peasant yelled.

"Khadein!" the beleaguered cavalier yelled back.

"Thanks, man!" the peasant groveled, as he ran off in the direction of the desert academy.

"How did he know I was asking for the best place to surf? Time to ditch this bow and shirt! Scantily-clad ladies, here I come!"

---

"Yo Draug, if you're gonna hurl your guts, do so over the railing!" Jagen growled.

"I hate boats! One day, I'm gonna become a pirate, so I can walk across the sea!" the unfortunate knight moaned.

"Good luck with that," the old man mumbled, as he distanced himself from Draug. The knight's only response was a disgusting sound, aimed somewhere that was NOT over the railing.

(Ewwww. . .I'm so glad my stomach is stronger than that!)

Chapter 3

"He will never come back again."

-- BALALAIKA, CARRIED WITH THE WIND by Julie ann Frost

"I'll take mountains over the sea. I can't get mountain sick."

"That gives me an idea!"

"DON'T DO IT!!!"

---

"You told me to betray all my friends and run off with you because you had some sort of surprise for me," a familiar former bandit demanded.

"Of course, dearie. When I use my magical powers, YOU WILL BE PART OF MY BRAINWASHED BOY HAREM!!" The look in the cleric's eyes went from innocent to manic. Julian obeyed his instincts, and ran.

"Come back, my sweet little--OOF!" Lena had tried to draw on her magic while running. She didn't notice the mountain wall to her left, and had run into it right when she was ready to cast. The resulting jolt caused her intentions to bounce, and--

---

"We found 'er. Whaddya want us to do, Boss?" The bandits leered at the woman leaning against the mountain, who regarded her staff with curiosity.

"Bring her back. And if she refuses--" the long-haired man started to say, but was cut off by the woman.

"Excuse me, sir, but where am I?" the cleric asked, polite as usual.

"You're in the Samsooth Mountains," the most well-mannered of the bandits replied.

"The Samsooth Mountains? I do not recall such a place."

"Enough! Will you come back quietly, or will we need to bring you back by force?"

"'Ey, can we 'ave some fun with 'er first?" an uncouth bandit called out.

"Kind sir, may I borrow your sword? Upon my honor as a knight, I will not touch a hair on your head." The lowlier bandits burst out laughing. What could this frail woman do to them?

"If you think it will help," the one with the sword said, as he surrendered his Killing Edge.

"Boss, whaddya think yo're doin'? Huh? AAARGH!"

True to the woman's word, the one who lent him the sword escaped unharmed. Everyone else wasn't so lucky.

---

Meanwhile. . .

"Who are you?" the imposing figure in black asked the woman on the ground.

"Ummm. . .what?" came the reply.

"Why am I stuck in this stuffy suit, holding this hunk of metal I don't know how to use?"

"You're the Black Knight, famed general of Daien, and last I recall, you were trying to kill me."

"What kind of tacky name is Black Knight! My name is Lena, and I was trying to capture another member for my boy harem!"

"Can I go?" the one on the ground asked.

"You're a woman, so I'm not interested in you. Do whatever you want," the would-be executioner said merrily.

"Turn and face me, Black Knight!" a male voice demanded. The one in black somehow turned. How did the original owner move in such a restricting suit of armor?

"Oooh. . .your voice held promise, but you're totally not the type to enter my boy harem," the armored figure said, in a disturbingly light voice.

"Excuse me?" the man said, the fury on his face replaced by confusion. The pink-haired woman that was supposed to be executed hastily picked herself up off the ground and ran out of the room.

"I said I don't want you in my boy harem! Shoo!" The man's jaw hit the floor.

"You are the Black Knight, the one that killed my father, and now you're saying that I'm not fit for your boy harem? Did you hit your head somewhere?"

"Black Knight this, Black Knight that. My name is Lena!" the 'Black Knight' insisted. The figure's armored gauntlets went towards the massive helmet on his head.

"Brother! Are you taking that off?" yet another newcomer demanded.

"What does it look like, you little brat? I can't breathe in this thing!" the one in armor shrieked.

"Um, sorry, but we gotta go! Ike, we're leaving! That thing in the armor's gonna ruin Radiant Dawn!" the new girl said, as she grabbed her brother and hightailed it out of the room.

"Oh, for crying out loud. . .where did you guys come from?" A group of soldiers had appeared around what they thought was their commander.

"We're here to protect you, sir!" a brave soldier responded.

"NONE OF YOU are fit for my boy harem! Get out of here!" As one, the soldiers fled.

"Ugh, this armor. . .what was this guy thinking? First things first, ditch the armor. Next, a nice long bath is in order. . .I'll get my boy harem, just you wait and see!" The "Black Knight" left, humming merrily to himself.

---

"Your swordsmanship is not like anything I've seen," the lone surviving bandit said, as the mysterious woman handed his bloodied blade back to him.

"You have honor. May I ask what your name is?"

"Navarre."

"That sword you wield is not something a rank soldier would carry. You strike me as someone that has skill with a blade. I would like to challenge you one day," "Lena" said, as she examined the blisters on her hands.

"I apologize, but I am unable to fight a woman," Navarre stated firmly.

"Then do not think of me as a woman," came the unexpectedly calm reply.

"But--"

"Judge me by my skill, Navarre. Give me a chance to whip this body into shape. One day, I will challenge you. I hope you accept," she said mysteriously, as she walked down the mountain. Navarre could only watch her, and mentally scratch his head.

"What happened to her? She was supposed to be a cleric, not a terror with the sword! That look in her eyes tells me she'll find me some way or another. I suppose I can't get out of this one. I'd better get out of these mountains and train for real," he mumbled, as he took another path out of the mountains.

---

"Why do I get the feeling that the author felt like ignoring us?" Marth asked the air.

"Because I just did."

"You totally skipped out on this Julian fellow, and--"

"Who cares? This chapter write-up is turning into an essay. Whether you like it or not, I'm ending it!"

Chapter 4

"Believe in your dreams, the world is waiting for you, it's all up to you"

-- MARIA (I believe) by Naoki feat. Paula Terry

"These enemies have no sense of style! I must show them what it means to look good!" Abel exclaimed, as he gave his horse one last pat on the rear. He brandished his sword, the only remnant of his days as an unrefined knight. From now on, he'd be a stylish Myrmidon!

"You say I'm not doing enough damage, Marth? You'll--hey, why did you cut out the rest of my scene?!" Gordin whined.

"Because you're too much of a pain to write about. Maybe later."

"HOW DARE YOU!"

"If it pleases you, sire, I'd like to take this time to practice my water walking skills," Draug stated politely. Marth and Jagen rolled their eyes in unison.

"Fine, fine, do whatever you guys want. I see a nice castle up ahead, and I could really use a bath. Say, Jagen, can you gather some rose petals for my upcoming bath during the battle?" The prince wandered off, humming some tune or another.

"How could you raise such a worthless son, King Cornelius?" Jagen mumbled, before looking for the nearest rose bush.

Meanwhile. . .

"Hmm? You say your master let you go? You want ME to ride you? This must be fate! I can finally be a Valkyrie! Hi-ho, Silver!" The horse neighed at her master's enthusiasm. This rider was in the wrong body, time, and universe to be a Valkyrie! But. . .best not to dampen his spirits. Yet.

---

He saw the prince and his rebels come down the lea, swords out. No one could stop them, save one. With streamers flying in the wind, he charged down the hill, single-handedly, to take out those silly, untrained children. One by one, they fell to his mighty lance. At last, the only one left standing was the rebel leader. The boy had skill, for his blade was not as clean as it should have been. Blood speckled the prince's clothes. It was time for the amazing Paladin Matthis to avenge his fallen soldiers! He--

"Hey, stupid, watch where you point that lance. I'm about to steal your underwear." A cool breeze brought Matthis back to reality. A lowly thief held his saddlebags, his armor, and his favorite shirt and pants, leaving him with only his Super Manakete undies! Matthis yelped like a girl before running off into the forest. No one really cared what happened to him after that, so this chapter's story ends here.

Chapter 5

"We just like to party!"

-- cross the mind by celas

"Oh, we have another castle to liberate?" the addlebrained prince asked.

"YES!" Jagen yelled, for the fifth time.

"Do they have good food?"

"The Princess Nyna is--" Jagen started, but was cut off by Mr. Naive Prince.

"A princess! Finally, we'll get a woman in our ranks! She can cook, and clean, and--"

"Forget it!" the old paladin roared, as he rode off before his temper got the better of him. Who put that fool in charge, anyway?!

Elsewhere. . .

"I guess I'll take this lance. Maybe I should take this sword, too. But I remember seeing armors outside, so perhaps I should take an axe instead."

"Sedgar, hurry up!" the purple-haired brat whined.

"Please don't rush me! I need time to formulate a plan so that I'll be effective out there."

"You've been doing this for half an hour! At this rate, we'll never meet Marth!" Why couldn't that purple-haired kid grow up?!

"But I'd need to bring a Hammer, and my horse doesn't like it when I carry a lot of heavy things. Ah, what shall I do?"

Wolf shook his head at his friend's indecision, before joining the rest of Hardin's group to meet the prince. Sedgar would catch up eventually. . .or so the purple-haired brat hoped.

Much later. . .

"Sir! I think that's Marth and his army, but. . ."

"But what, Roshea?"

"The one I think is Marth is leaning against a tree with his finger up his nose. Reports mentioned that he had a cavalier, a paladin, an archer, and a knight in his service. I only see the paladin and cavalier. The others are a myrmidon who has the enemy lined up for haircuts, a pirate who keeps asking where the sea is, and some kid who nearly set the village on fire. There's also another man who seems to be affiliated with them, but he seems to be preoccupied with stealing the clothes off of the enemy."

"I guess this was the wrong group. Perhaps they went north?"

"I'll check, sir!"

"Very good, Vyland. Come back safely!"

Much, much later. . .

"Oh sweet, we found the castle! Where's that woman? I demand a good dinner!"

"Marth, this doesn't seem to be a castle," Draug commented, as he looked in each room, presumably to find the sea.

"Huh? Who are you guys?" A man walked out of one of the unchecked rooms. He wore a horned helmet, full chest armor, light pants, and held a staff in hand.

"I'm Marth, and this is my army," the preoccupied prince said, as he did a third circuit around the kitchen. Where was that mysterious woman?

"Weren't you supposed to meet with my commander?" the oddly-dressed occupant asked.

"We didn't meet anyone out there," came the mumbled reply. Maybe she was in a cupboard?

"If they're not here, then I'll represent them. My name's Sedgar, and I'm almost ready to leave."

"What are you talking about, dude? We already sent those enemies packing."

"Ummm. . .okay. I'm still joining. It's better than hanging around here."

"Hey, Sedgar, did you see a woman around here?"

"Oh, you mean Princess Nyna? She--"

"She needs to make me dinner!" Marth demanded.

"I think she went ahead to Aurelis Castle and--"

"Okay, everyone, let's go!" A collective groan answered Marth's order.

"If you're gonna leave, I'll pack a few things. Can't be too prepared."

The next day. . .

"Well, we couldn't find Marth, but it looks like he managed to rout the enemy," Hardin told his troops.

"I can't wait to get back! I could use a proper meal, and--" Wolf's sentence was cut short by the sight that greeted him.

Their base of operations was completely bare. Chairs, tables, kitchen cabinets. . .all gone. A scrap of paper had somehow escaped the inexplicable theft. Wolf picked it up and read it.

"Not sure when you guys are coming back, and Marth needs all the help he can get. I'll return everything once we're done. --Sedgar"

"SEDGAR YOU IDIOT! I'LL ENJOY FLAYING THE FLESH OFF YOUR BACK WHEN I SEE YOU NEXT!!!!!"

"Is Wolf fantasizing again?" Roshea whispered to Vyland.

"Probably. But that does give me an idea. . ." Vyland whispered back.

"Commander, since we have a lot of spare room, why don't we. . ." Hardin nodded as Vyland explained his idea.

"That is brilliant, Vyland! Get word out to all the neighboring kingdoms! I'm sure there's plenty of people that'll jump at this opportunity!"

Chapter 6

"The night was heavy and the air was alive. . ."

-- Moonlight Shadow by Mike Oldfield

"What the hell does this have to do with the story?"

"Nothing, you stupid barber."

"Well, that's good. I can't cut people's hair properly while it's dark."

"Speaking of hair, this boss looks like the future of Beavis and Butthead. What will you about that?"

"Take a picture and sell it."

"Abel, that's copyright--"

"Perhaps I should add curls to the side of the boss' head?"

"UGH!"

"Lemme outta here!" The nasal voice had demanded the same thing for the eighth time. Julian responded the exact same way he always did.

"I'm busy, dammit!"

The exchange continued another six times before Julian found it in him to open the cell door. The prisoner had already stripped. . .wait, that was a guy in the cell?! EWWWWW!!!

"You're Julian the Clothes Thief, so I thought I'd make it easier for you!" the blue-haired prisoner said.

"Dude, your sense of style reeks. There's no way I'd sully my hands on you!" The prisoner sighed and put his clothes back on.

"Well, I gotta repay you for opening the cell door, so. . .slumber party at Aurelis! Entry fee is a piece of furniture!" The newly-freed prisoner grabbed the chamber pot out of the prison cell and left before Julian could ask his name.

"Slumber party? WAIT FOR ME! I call dibs on the fluffy pillows!" Jagen ran after the blue-haired prisoner, candlesticks in hand.

"I. . .suddenly lost interest in the party," Julian mumbled to himself, as he went to rejoin Marth's ragtag army.

---

One threat of a mohawk was all it took for the general in charge of the castle to surrender it to Marth. Abel dusted his hands with a contented smirk on his face. Gordin roamed the castle halls, looking for something flammable. Draug sat on the throne, completely dejected. Sedgar sorted some dresses he'd found in the castle. Where was--

"My candlesticks. Where are my candlesticks?" Marth addressed the ragtag group in front of him. Everyone pretended that they didn't hear him.

"I saw Jagen run off with them a while back," Julian panted out, as he made his grand (sweaty) entrance.

"Ew, Jagen? He probably got his old man smell all over them. I don't want them anymore," the prince said with a feminine pout.

"What about the slumber party in Aurelis?" Julian asked.

"Why would I want to pay for a party in furniture?" Marth countered.

"Er. . .because every single enemy was talking about it?" Marth shook his head.

"I'm more interested in that woman, Nina or somesuch. I want a sandwich!"

"Marth, I found this note pinned to a dress." Marth snatched the note from Sedgar and read it aloud. . .and wish he hadn't.

"To my dearest Marth,

Your princess is in another castle.

-- Not Nyna"

Chapter 6x

"You put that song as this chapter's song RIGHT NOW!"

"Merric, what the hell? I haven't even decided on what to do for this chapter's story!"

"This chapter doesn't need one. Let that awesome song do the talking!"

"There's no lyrics, and it's not a particularly mainstream song, so I--"

"It's the embodiment of the loveliest of ladies, astride a mighty horse, plowing through any and all that get in her way. Ah, if I could only be as amazing as she is, running through the battle, frying everything that gets in my way. . ."

"Fine, fine, but you do realize that you're asking the impossible, right?"

"Let me fantasize in peace! I will wield these lowly lances and swords until I figure out how to cast from horseback."

"There is no such thing as a male Valkyrie in Elibe or Magvel. Keep trying."

"This is Archanea, and I WILL figure this out!"

"What have I done?"

-- Titania by HOUJIROU

Chapter 7

"Here's your runway, 04."

-- Ghost Rider by APPARITION

"Could it be? That slim, dainty form on a pure, white horse? I see women!" Marth exclaimed like a child on his birthday.

"Marth, they're the enemy," Gordin whispered.

"Hey ladies, we're looking for women like you! Wanna join?" Marth yelled, completely ignoring the mage.

"That half-crazed look on a girly-looking guy. . .Whitewings, we're leaving!" Minerva ordered. Her three underlings had no objections.

"Come back, my pretties! Who will make me a sandwich?" Marth screamed, but the Whitewings were long gone.

"How 'bout making your own damn sandwich?" a wizened voice demanded.

"Who are you, and why should I care?" Marth said flatly.

"My name is Bantu, and I know of a. . .female that is good at cooking."

"WHERE?!"

"That is why I'm going with you. I lost her." The prince's face went red with fury.

"HOW COULD YOU LOSE SOMETHING AS PRECIOUS AS A WOMAN, YOU SENILE OLD MAN?! WHO DOES YOUR COOKING AND CLEANING?!?!"

"The top chefs in this world are male, child."

"Oh. . .right. Well guys, which of you is a gourmet chef?" Marth looked around, but everyone had suddenly found something better to do.

"So much for support from my troops," the disillusioned prince mumbled, before throwing a temper tantrum at the first enemy that cared.

Chapter 8

"Whoa, he's quite a personality"

-- 100sec. Kitchen Battle!! by Orange Lounge

"WATER!" Draug yelled, as he ran headlong into the long-awaited ocean. Everyone else shook their heads, and a couple secretly wished he'd get lost at sea.

"Yo, ma homies, whazzap?" an unfamiliar voice shouted across town. Two kids ran towards Marth. Both wore sunglasses, despite the fact that such things weren't supposed to be invented for the next 200 years.

"And you are?" Marth asked, bored.

"I'm Caesar, but YOU can call me Big C. He's Radd, but answers to Double D." Both struck a pose that was supposed to be cool, but somehow wasn't.

"Why are you talking to me?" Marth mumbled, completely mortified that the two in front of him had the nerve to talk to him in public.

"The story's gotta have us, yo, but we're not down with your tunes," Double D. . .sang?

"What tunes?"

"Yo, kid, you didn't notice? Every chapter starts with one! We're not gonna join any army that listens to such uncool music!" Big C insisted.

"That's nice. Please leave before someone I know sees me talking to you." The two in front of him struck one more ridiculous pose before removing themselves from the story.

"Marth, did you just shoo away Big C and Double D?" Merric asked, from on top of his high horse.

"What's it to you?"

"I'M THEIR BIGGEST FANS! WAIT FOR ME!!!!" Despite his claim, Merric ran off in the opposite direction the two weirdos from before had taken.

"What did I do to deserve this?" the prince half-mumbled.

---

"Ah, the lovely murmur of the sea. Truly, this is a beautiful place," an enemy said, as he watched the pristine waves splash against the shore.

"Excuse me, sir, but what are you doing here?" Draug asked, as he walked to shore. His boots were a little wet, but the sea had otherwise left him untouched.

"I am admiring the beautiful music that nature has composed for me," the enemy replied.

"You seem to be the enemy. I think I'm supposed to fight you," the not-wet pirate said nervously.

"I'd much rather listen to the harmonies that the sand and sea can compose. Are you sure you're a pirate? You speak far too well to be one."

"Your refined tastes in music do not belong on the battlefield, sir enemy."

"Aha! Someone that understands the subtleties of natural melodies! My name is Roger, good pirate. May I ask your name?"

"It's Draug. I prefer death metal."

"Ah, what a tragedy. I was hoping to find an army with good taste in music, and yours looked hopeful. Alas, it looks like I'll have to stay here, and let the elements serenade me."

"I apologize, Roger. May the world's music be as stunning as the sun over the ocean. I shall leave you to bask in the whispered song of the sea breezes."

"My thanks, Draug. May your enemies mimic the agonized screams of the music so dear to your heart."

Chapter 9

"We hope you enjoyed this journey through the sound"

-- evergreen by kors k

"Mock me if you will, kids, but this island is surrounded by water. I'll totally kill everything!" Draug proclaimed.

"First, you have to hit it," Gordin shot back.

"I--I'm working on my aim!" came the miffed response.

"I could make another comment about this, but we don't want to gross the kiddies out."

"You're absolutely right, Gordin. Good job."

"Did the narrator say something nice about you?! The world's gonna end!" Draug rushed off to inform the rest of the army of the impending cataclysm.

"He's right. Did you hit your head, narrator?"

"Absolutely not, my dear Gaggles. Keep doing well as a mage, and I will be happy with you!"

"You're weirding me out. . ."

---

The newly-freed Archanean sniper (named Jeorge) regarded the prince's army the same way said prince usually regarded his dinner.

"I seem to be. . .out of place," the blond sniper remarked.

"What do you mean? You fit right in!" Julian exclaimed.

"Well. . .my hair's yellow, and mostly everyone else seems to have green hair."

"Nonsense! Your hair's about the same color as everyone else's, including mine!" the redhead said enthusiastically.

"Er. . .what color is his hair?" Jeorge asked, as he pointed to Abel.

"Yellow."

"And his hair?" This time, Jeorge pointed to Sedgar.

"Yellow."

"Ummm. . .what color is YOUR hair?"

"Yellow."

"Julian, I hate to break the news to you, but you're color blind," Jeorge stated.

"Dude, did you just say the redhead over there is color blind?" Marth barged in.

"It appears to be that way."

"Ugh. . .according to the Archaneans with Disabilities Act (which covers everyone on the Archanean continent, not just people from the Archanean empire), I must make accommodations such that he can perform his job as a thief as well as if he wasn't color blind. Thanks a bunch, buddy."

"Uh, no problem?" The sniper felt it was a good time to leave, before Marth decided to hire him as Julian's color vision, or before the barber of the group could give him a hair cut.

"Well, so much for putting Julian on cooking duty. He'll probably poison us all out of spite."

"I heard that, Marth!"

Chapter 10

"Open up the period of imaginings to what's beyond the stars"

-- Star Gate Heaven by sota fujimori

"Take me out to paradise!"

"Maria, you're not supposed to be here! You're in some prison cell, remember?"

"Why would I be in such a horribly boring place? They left the door open, so I walked out. Leave this note there, will ya?"

"Young lady, you get back in that prison cell and--"

"I think this sword rack will fit nicely with the slumber party. Wait for your cocktail waitress, my dear customers!"

". . .and there she goes. I hope her fans don't mind her in a short, tight cocktail dress. . ."

---

"I think this is a really bad idea," Gordin told everyone.

"Ooh, more people who need my services," Abel drooled.

"CLOTHES!! I mean, TREASURE!!" Julian shouted.

"Maybe they'll have a new axe for me," Draug mumbled, much to everyone's surprise.

"Well, more stuff can't hurt," Sedgar said, as ten wagons full of loot from conquered castles followed him.

"That girl said she'd join our army if she did this," Marth fantasized. Finally, a proper woman who could do laundry, clean up after everyone, cook, and generally be easy on the eyes!

"We're so dead," the archer-turned-mage whined. No one paid any attention to him, as usual.

---

"What are you guys doing here?" Julian asked the very well-armed soldiers standing near a door.

"We're, uh, doin' nuttin'," one said.

"Yeah, nuttin'!" a worthless follower repeated.

"That looks like the door to a prison cell. Are you sure nothing's in there?"

"Absolutely nuttin'," the first guard repeated nervously.

"Well, if there's nothing there, then you won't mind if I take a look, will you?"

"I--uh--well--," one of the guards stammered out, but it was too late. Julian had picked the lock, retrieved "nuttin'", and stood next to the guards, intently reading "nuttin'".

"This is very interesting. I'll make sure to let Marth know," the thief muttered, as he exited stage right.

"Uh, was nuttin' in there?" asked a guard, once Julian was well out of earshot.

"No, she left when we let her cell air out. I kinda miss nuttin'. She'd always make funny jokes about bein' nuttin'," the most talkative of the guards replied.

"So much for nuttin'," a guard that had been otherwise silent said. Several guards grunted their agreement.

"With no more nuttin' to watch, let's go to the concert that's comin' here. . .er, who was performin' again?"

"Four Axes and a Sword! I heard they got their start in Talys, because the king fired 'em after they'd skipped out on some prince-or-other."

"Ah, bother. I'd rather see Big C and Double D," a younger guard piped up.

"You keep that nonsense outta this discussion! Four Axes and a Sword are much better than that kiddie pop group!"

"The fresh sounds of Big C and Double D totally outclass the man band from Talys!"

And so the guards argued, completely forgetting the fact that their castle was in the process of being invaded. Perhaps this was for the better.

---

"Hey, you're forgetting about that note," Julian said to the wall.

"Why is this important?"

"The next bit won't make sense without it. I already showed it to Marth, and his face went as red as Minerva's--"

"Alright, alright, make this quick!"

"To whom this may concern, If you are reading this, then I'm off to Aurelis to offer my waitressing services. . .among other "services" I provide. Please don't tell my sister and brother. Signed, Maria."

---

"You mean my sister's not here?!" Minerva shrieked at Marth. This woman would be no good for cleaning OR cooking, and she wasn't easy on the eyes!

"One of my men found a note saying that she was off to Aurelis to offer her services--" Marth was cut short by the great wingbeats of a dragon.

"That stupid girl! She doesn't know how to properly host a party! Big Sister Minerva will show her how it's done!" The fiery princess from Macedon spurred her mount towards Aurelis.

"I hope she remembers to bring a piece of furniture, or she's not going to be allowed to attend. I guess I should've told her, but she kept interrupting me! What a horribly unpleasant woman!! I hope she ends up with Jagen!"

Chapter 11

"Everbody shout, let's get it on! Clap your hands and shake your body!"

-- GUHROOVY fw. NO+CHIN

"Over there, in the distance! I see them!" Abel jumped up and down excitedly.

"The enemy? I'm ready!" Sedgar said easily. He'd somehow found the perfect Hero's get-up.

"NO! It's Four Axes and a Sword!" The army let out a collective groan. Abel could go on and on about those musicians!

"It looks like they're carrying some heavy-duty stuff," someone else commented.

"Hello, my groupies!" one of them said. He wore a bandanna.

"We're Four Axes and a Sword!" one of the brown-haired members stated.

"We'd love to stick around and chat, but we've been called elsewhere," the lone blond said with a wink.

"Can you introduce yourselves to the uninformed fans behind me?" Abel asked.

"Anything for a fan! I'm Ogma, lead singer!" The blond somehow struck a pose while carrying a cabinet.

"I'm Barst, lead guitarist!" The blue-haired guitarist turned the microphone stand he was holding into an improvised instrument.

"I'm Bord, and I play bass guitar," the one with the boring brown hair said, while balancing a dish drainer on his head.

"I'm Cord, and I'm on synthesizer!" The other brown-haired band member put the bed frame he was holding down, and air-synthed on it (don't ask).

"I'm Darros the drummer! How do you like my life-sized doll? I found her on sale at the market down below." The one with the bandanna hefted his doll. It had a brown ponytail, and looked very life-like.

"For the last time, I am NOT a doll, you lunkhead! Put me down!" Darros obliged, and the doll protested when it hit the ground, butt-first.

"You are a mighty strange doll. I tried to name you, but you insisted you already had a name." The army exchanged worried looks.

"My name is Linde, and I am NOT a doll!" Merric facepalmed.

"Now, now, little doll, you're my ticket to the Aurelian Slumber Party. Up we go~!" The doll named Linde screamed as she was hefted on the drummer's shoulders. Four Axes and a Sword waved merrily before disappearing down the road at an impressive pace.

"Aw man, I totally forgot to ask them to sign my album collection," Abel mumbled with a pout.

"We'll see them again," Gordin said sarcastically. Abel brightened, ignoring/missing the sarcasm.

"Oh, you're right, Gordin! Thank you!"

"You're welc--HEY, hands off! I don't like guys! MMRMPH!"

Marth and his army once again conquered the obstacles in his path, even if Gordin momentarily became Gaggles on that fateful day.

Chapter 12

"We're heart to heart, if only all my dreams come true."

The Smile of You by 猫又 Master feat. JESSY

"Yes, my lady, how did you know that's exactly what I wanted?"

"What is it about people in prison cells talking to me?"

"You are a breath of fresh air, because the only chick I've seen in the past two years was Midia."

"Your point?"

"She's taken, and you're not."

"You do know what I have in store for you, right?"

"A badly-written fic where I get to marry the author?"

"You did not just say that."

"So I can finally be with you, dearest?"

"You're not getting a woman. Ever."

---

"Bookcase?"

"Check."

"Sofa?"

"Check."

"Dining set?"

"Check."

"I've got the shower caddy. We should be all set to go to the slumber party, once we figure out how to get out of here!"

The four prisoners whispered among themselves, eager to join the party. The last prisoner sat alone. He'd rather rot in the cell than join his fellow inmates for anything. The door creaked open.

"FREEDOM!" four voices shouted, as they ran past their liberator, without so much as a thank you. The remaining prisoner slowly stood up. The redhead at the door cocked an eyebrow.

"Thanks, dude. Do you happen to have a clean set of clothes? I don't want to be seen like this." The one at the door sighed, then proffed a set of clothes he'd procured from an unsuspecting enemy.

"I'll be right back." Julian didn't want to say anything, for fear he'd end up laughing. Long hair made that boy look like a girl!

---

One change of clothes and hour-long bath later, and the newly freed prisoner faced Marth's army. The first thing that greeted him wasn't an introduction or questions. It was a lot of laughter and a twitch from the resident myrmidon.

"Go. . .see Abel. . .*snort*" the pirate managed to choke out, between giggles.

"You look like Lucius," a mage laughed out.

"You're not gonna snag a chick in that!" a berserker gasped, holding his sides. The prisoner sighed, and glared at the priest's habit he wore.

"That hair. . .how could they. . .you're coming with me right now," the myrmidon growled. He seemed to be the only one that wasn't laughing at him, so the one in need of a haircut sat down where the barber indicated.

---

"MUCH better," Abel proclaimed, while looking at his masterpiece. Gone were those silly long locks. Instead, the boy's wavy hair had been styled such that it flowed neatly around his head.

"Thank you," the much-relieved customer said. Abel gave him a warm smile.

"No problem! You might want to see--uh, hi Marth." The girly prince had a very uncomfortable grin on his face.

"Since you seem to be a curate, I got this staff for you."

"But I--" the boy started, but Marth cut him off.

"We could use a healer, and you'll do nicely, miss." The unhappy curate's face went red.

"You're never getting a woman in that," the berserker from before said, still giggling.

"WHY DID I HAVE TO JOIN THIS STUPID ARMY?!"

---

"Marth, I found another note," Sedgar said, while holding some very feminine articles of clothing.

"Gimme!" the prince demanded. The packrat obliged, all the while looking at the clothes in his hands and blushing.

"NO! I've been foiled!" Marth screamed.

"Dearest Marth,

Wrong castle.

-- Not Nyna"

The prince tore the note to confetti and stomped out. Sedgar shook the cloth in his hands before looking up.

"I wonder how you'd look in this?"

"Keep wondering. Forever."

Chapter 12x

*insert kickass instrumentals here*

-- moonglow by AKITO

"Water water everywhere, AND YOU ARE GOING TO DIE!" Draug hummed merrily, as he carelessly threw his axe around.

"Watch where you throw that thing!" Gordin yelled.

"Oops. Sorry Mr. Archanean traitor-dude," Draug mumbled.

"Hmm? You got his armor off, which means. . ." Mr. Archanean traitor-dude yelped as his shirt was stolen off his back.

"It's a little big, but I think Sedgar will appreciate it!" Julian muttered to himself.

"No, give it back!" Mr. Archanean traitor-dude whined, as he made an unsuccessful lunge for his shirt.

"I think I'll go for your pants next. Hey, why'd you do that for?!" Julian scowled at Mr. Archanean traitor-dude, who had averted the theft of his pants by sitting down.

"That armor was meant to contain my immense manliness. You've stolen that, and the protective shirt. Now that poor girl over there will--" A very unfeminine string of curses came out of the "girl's" mouth.

"I AM NOT A GIRL, AND I'M STRAIGHT!" Tomas yelled, as he furiously attacked Mr. Archanean traitor-dude with his staff, with very little success.

"Is it just me, or did that curate's voice crack?" Gordin asked a bewildered Julian.

"When I'm through with him, you're next, Gaggles!" Again, the curate's voice cracked.

"Hah. I might be a terrible archer, but at least I'm done with puberty!" the mage said triumphantly.

"My, you give good back massages," Mr. Archanean traitor-dude said contentedly.

The irritated curate stopped his backside pelting and walked calmly to face Mr. Archanean traitor-dude. Before the man on the ground could react, Tomas buried his fist in face. The man's eyes rolled back in his head before he crashed to the ground.

"You're next, Gaggles~," Tomas sang. Gaggles fled for his life.

---

"Oh dear, he was right," Julian said with a blush, as he hastily put the unconscious general's pants back on. REAL MEN wore heavy suits of armor and no underwear!

"Hmm, what's this?" Sedgar asked, as he ambled over to the man on the ground.

"No, don't touch him! You'll only end up feeling inadequate!" Julian warned.

"Nonsense, I--ACK! I. . .I hate myself. . ." Sedgar whimpered, as he put the general's pants back on.

"We cannot let this kind of manliness run around," Julian said, a serious expression on his face.

"I agree with you. How about this?" The thief regarded the garments that Sedgar held up.

"I do so hate parting with clothes, but for the sake of all the women in the world. . ."

---

Much later. . .

"Huh. . .ow! That kid sure packed a punch." Horace slowly got up, then fell back down. What had happened to his shoes? His sides felt tight. He looked down at himself and--

"Who DARED cover my manliness with a maid outfit?! I'll hunt them down and flay them alive!"

"I believe you have better things to do with your time," a calm voice from behind him said.

"Jeorge? What are you doing here?! Weren't you captured or something?"

"Do you look like a maid? Hey, don't glare at me like that, I'm stating the obvious."

"You still haven't told me what you're doing on my property," the unhappy general demanded.

"I was hoping the war of insanity between Marth's troops and the Aurelian slumber party would cease, but I am wrong. It looks like you are affiliated with neither. Care to--" A chuckle interrupted the sniper.

"The fashions in this world are so very different," a calm female voice observed. The speaker, a redheaded woman with a sword strapped to her side, regarded the general-turned-made with a small smile on her face.

"I assure you, miss, that this is a one-off event. Let me change into something more presentable. This is no way for me to greet a lady like yourself." The woman laughed.

"Rest assured, my only interest is in the sword. Neither of you seem like worthy opponents. Would you happen to know of any great fighters in the land?" The two men exchanged hurt looks.

"There's some dude named Camus running around. Can you please give him our regards?" The mysterious woman nodded at Jeorge, before calmly walking back into the forest.

"I heard there's a nice place that's been peaceful for a while. Lycia, or something like that. It's small, but I think a sniper such as me and a general like you could find something to do. Interested?"

"Sure. Can I change first? I'm having problems breathing." Jeorge snickered, as Horace hauled himself up and walked unsteadily towards his castle. Hopefully, things would remain peaceful in Lycia. . .

---

In Lycia

"Heh, even Eliwood, the greatest knight in Lycia, can't beat an illness, eh?"

"Hehehe, you were right when you said there wouldn't be many soldiers around here because they're getting ready to take on Bern!"

"Hey, you two! Help defend the castle!" Before Jeorge or Horace could object, they were handed weapons and shooed towards the bandits.

"How did they know--" Jeorge muttered, staring at the bow in his hands, but Horace cut him off.

"You're the best sniper that Archanea had, and I'm a general. We've got a castle to defend!" An axe-wielding bandit ran around a corner. He'd learn what it meant to take on Archanea!

Chapter 13

"My pleasure, you're welcome anytime~!"

-- BOUNDARY by SPARKER

"You forgot the awesome laugh at the end!"

"Like anyone cares about these songs, dearie."

"You have a very strange way of showing affection for your dear characters, missy."

"Shall I rig it so you become a Sorcerer, Mr. Hero?"

"I think someone called me that not too long ago. . ."

"Get OFF the boards, and get to work, Sedgar! This log isn't gonna win itself!"

"Fine, fine. . ."

---

Marth picked his way around the myriad boxes, wagons, and other assorted containers that had cropped up around Sedgar's tent. It was one thing to be prepared. It was entirely another to lug around all this stuff! Quite by accident, the prince walked straight into the plainsman's tent. A chart was affixed to a wall, and a dice sat on a surprisingly clean table. The tent's owner looked up, expressionless.

"Sheesh, announce yourself next time. I could've been doing something important," Sedgar grumbled.

"I didn't know your stupid tent was in the middle of this junk heap!" Marth shrieked.

"A little kid like you wouldn't appreciate the pains I go through for this." Marth had stopped paying attention. His gaze was fixed on the wall chart.

"You mean to tell me that the CHART pinned up on the wall is--"

"Yep. It helps me to decide what I'm going to be for a given battle."

"Why is number 4 an automatic reroll? Shouldn't that be Sorcerer?"

"I couldn't find the right outfit." A likely story!

"There's another note. . .you aren't the same class twice?" Marth cocked an eyebrow at Sedgar, who smiled lazily.

"Right. It's boring, otherwise."

"So you have a one in three chance of rerolling your stupid dice?! That's like--"

"Gordin's Magic growth, am I right?" Marth stumbled backwards in disbelief, which caused him to trip over a stray lance. His momentum caused him to hit the back of the tent hard, which in turn disturbed the delicate balance outside of the tent. In the space of a breath, the prince had gone from shocked to buried. Sedgar had anticipated the avalanche, and had made a run for it. He regarded the disorganized pile in front of him.

"Hey, what was that?" Gordin asked, as he stared at the mound in front of him.

"Oh, just a little instability," the bored plainsman replied.

"Do you much care for that stuff?" the mage said, a very evil gleam in his eye.

"Uh. . .nope," Sedgar said with an equally evil grin.

"FIRE! This will be grand!"

On that fateful day, Sedgar and Gordin learned the secret of the human projectile - light the prince's cape on fire. On that same day, Sedgar became a neat freak.

"Hey, you didn't need to put that in there!"

"I really wish I had sarcasm tags at my disposal."

"You didn't need to mention that, either."

"Now you have more stuff to collect!"

". . .and you wonder why I'm single. . ."

Chapter 14

"Let's JAM!"

-- Jam and Marmalade by FINAL OFFSET

"Oh, do I have to? They look kinda strong. . ." Palla whimpered.

"C'mon sis, it's Marth. If you look at him from this angle, he looks like a girl." Catria said, in an effort to cheer her sister up.

"But those other men scare me!" Tears formed in Palla's kind eyes. Catria rolled her not-so-kind ones.

"Look, they're following Marth without question. I'm sure he'll be happy to see you! You can do it, Palla!"

"I. . .uh, right. I'm the oldest, so I have to introduce both of us. Can you. . ." The elder sister's eyes dropped.

"I'll be right behind you!" Catria promised, while hiding a foot stool behind her back.

"Thanks, sis. Here I go!"

Catria watched her sister fly down, brave as can be. She chuckled to herself before flying off in the opposite direction as fast as she could.

"Sucker. I can't wait to join the slumber party!!"

---

"What kind of woman are you?! You can't clean OR cook, and you're deathly afraid of men?" The lonely pegasus knight cried harder. Marth threw his hands in the air.

"Ugh, you're hopeless!" Palla's pegasus whinnied, though it was hard to tell if it was amused or upset.

"You don't need to be so mean to her," Tomas said evenly, his voice cracking yet again. The crying girl looked up at her unexpected savior. A freckled yet friendly face, flowing white robes, and such a lovely voice. . .before Tomas could object, Palla latched herself to him. Literally.

"Just what I need! Another girl!" The curate's expression was torn between an angry scowl and a desperate smile.

"Well, you two ladies can get acquainted. Maybe the one in white can teach you how to be useful," Marth said with a dismissive wave of his hand.

"I feel safe around you. Can I stay by you? PLEASE?!" Palla's face was uncomfortably close to his.

"Um, what?" the smitten/embarrassed/violated curate said uncertainly.

"Oh, you'll let me! THANK YOU!!" She jumped up and down with glee. Couldn't she do her little victory dance AFTER she let go of him? One of her hops landed directly on his foot. He let out a very long string of unpriestly language. Somehow, his voice didn't crack.

"ACK! You're a guy?!" Tomas nodded mutely, afraid that his voice would make the situation worse.

"I'm right here, and you're not doing anything. I thought men took advantage of women? Oh, are you the type that's not interested in girls?" What kind of world was she raised in?

"Not all men who are interested in women take advantage of them. You grabbed me without asking, then landed on my foot. I think YOU'RE the one taking advantage of ME." His voice didn't crack. Again. Perfect. Palla had the decency to look guilty. She detached herself from her savior.

"I. . .I never thought about it like that. I'm sorry."

"I'm glad you understand that. If you still have doubts about men, go find the resident barber. He's only threatening if you have bad hair." Palla nodded, then walked off in the direction Tomas indicated.

"You really do want to be single for life," a very irritating voice said behind him. It was Sedgar the Undecided.

"I'm not interested in disrespectful girls, you freak," the curate muttered.

"Calm down, will ya? I'm joking. I'd be worried if you had decided to abuse her trust," came the unexpected reply.

"Why would you care?"

"Do YOU want to be backstabbed by someone like her? No? That's what I thought. Don't give her a reason to betray, and she won't. It's common sense, kid." Sedgar walked off, humming some tune or another he'd heard along the way. Tomas scowled.

"You're such a jerk. . .hiding your true nature behind that sloppy exterior. . ."

Chapter 15

"No more pencils, no more books, no more teachers' dirty looks"

-- School's Out by Alice Cooper

"You're not a student!"

"Merric, take my advice, and never, EVER get a job at a school!"

"Uhhh. . .nah."

"So much for listening to one's elders!"

---

"WHY are we here?" whined a certain mage-turned-cavalier-in-the-vain-hope-of-becoming-a-valkyrie.

"So I can get a sword that does more damage than this sewing needle," sneered a certain blue-haired misfit.

"I got out of this stupid school, and now you brought me back. How could you, Marth? I thought we were friends." Something bright shone in Merric's eyes, though it was hard to tell if it was tears or the gleam of mischief.

"Your only purpose was to make Elice scream every time you were caught peeping while she was changing clothes," came the snarky reply.

". . .so you could get a better view," Merric mumbled. Marth pretended he didn't hear that.

---

"What's that in the distance?" a nameless mage asked his classmate.

"That aura of failure. . .it can only belong to one person. Merric's back, everyone!" The class put away their books, in favor of more mundane projectiles.

"Hah, he must've been such a failure that he was shoved in those priest's robes. He's coming this way! Aim well, everyone!" The white-robed figure with green hair ducked as a hail of chalkboard erasers came towards him.

"YOU SONS OF A RAPPER'S DANCE TROUPE ARE ALL DEAD!" yelled Tomas, his voice cracking. The class stood still, absolutely stunned. Then they burst out laughing.

"Oh my gosh, how old is that kid?" one of the females said, feigning shock.

"Hey miss, that robe really shows off yer hips!" a raunchy male catcalled.

"That's the kind of face not even a mother could love!" someone unimportant yelled out, in a feeble attempt to insult the ever-approaching failure in white.

"Oh great, a curate. What are you going to do, preach us to death?" Waves of laughter rolled through the unsuspecting fools. The laughter was cut short when the first of them hit the ground, courtesy of a left hook by Tomas.

"I'll rearrange your face, sinners, and enjoy every minute of it!" Tomas cracked his knuckles, a very unpriestly grin on his face.

"As a curate, our magic can't hurt him. RUN!" The bullies ran towards the school. Perfect.

"I did my part, Merric. You get revenge on the rest of them." A straggler looked back, confused. Tomas buried his fist in his abdomen, then smiled as the student collapsed in front of him, unconscious. Who else was dumb enough not to follow the main pack?

---

"Hey baby, what's up?" a coarse mage hopeful asked Palla, as she finished the contents of her canteen.

"What are you. . .why. . .ah. . ." The sneer on the boy's face widened as tears formed in her eyes.

"Aww, don't cry, honey. I'm never rough the first time 'round!" Palla screamed as the boy roughly grabbed her arm.

"You've never had a first time," Merric said coolly, as he walked out from behind the trees he'd been leaning against. Three punches later, and Palla was freed from the one who'd been so rude to her.

"How in the world does Tomas do it? It takes me at least two before I knock their lights out!" Merric massaged his sore knuckles. He'd never finish at this rate!

"Thank you," Palla said quietly. Merric shot her a big smile.

"No problem! These guys are a bunch of hooligans who pretend to study magic. I'll make sure they don't hurt you! Hmm, what's this?" Merric relieved the unconscious boy of his eraser. Two more bad memories ran down the halls. Merric chucked the eraser in his hands much in the same way he'd throw a heavier javelin. One of the bullies stopped advancing. Before the other one could get off a spell, Merric delivered a swift kick to the other boy's knees. He went down, screaming.

"Who let you run around like this?" demanded Merric. The only answer he got was bawling that put Palla to shame.

"Yeah, well, I hate you too." The one on the ground screamed, two octaves higher than he should have, before falling silent. Palla stood over him, looking rather pleased with herself. The heel of her boot was planted firmly in a place that no boot should ever be planted in.

"That was, um, very effective. Thank you Palla, and never do that to me."

"Tee-hee. One of my sisters taught me that one! Why are you turning white, Merric?"

"Uh, well, don't do that to guys you like, okay? Let's go to the cafeteria, so I can show you the true horrors of Khadein!"

"Um, wait for me!"

---

"Sir, we've got trouble!" an administrator reported to Gharnef.

"What do you mean, trouble?!"

"There's a curate who's punching everyone's lights out outside of the main office, and a couple of kids seem to be wreaking havoc in the main building. It looks like they're headed for the cafeteria!"

"Initiate school lockdown procedures!" Gharnef ordered.

"Begging your pardon, sir, but most of the students are running around outside in a panic."

"According to the emergency handbook that was given out at the beginning of the school year, this type of situation calls for a lockdown. Get everyone inside! I need to report this to the Department of Education." Gharnef warped out before the overworked administrator could protest.

"Ah, right. Where's that stupid intercom? Attention everyone! Begin lockdown procedures! All students and faculty are to report to the cafeteria!"

"Perhaps I should return the part of the handbook that had the procedures where everyone was outside and the trouble was inside? Nah. . .this is far more amusing!"

---

". . .and here's the menu for the week. It looks like things have gotten worse since I dropped out." Palla examined the sheet of paper Merric had handed to her. Her stomach turned.

"Octopus seasoned with fresh seaweed, soy sauce, garlic, green onions, and chili water. . .roasted pork wrapped in boiled taro leaves and served with mashed taro. . .diced tomatoes and salmon served with green onion and raw onion. . .something involving spam, dried seaweed, and rice? What kind of food is this?!"

"That's a small sample of what I was forced to eat!" Merric proclaimed.

"Is that why you left?"

"Stupid classmates, boring curriculum, awful lunches. . .who would WANT to come here?" The sound of many, many pairs of boots on stone brought both of them back to reality.

"Merric, is that you?" a kindly old voice asked.

"Wendell? Didn't you die back in Chapter 5?"

"What did you say, kid?"

"Ahem."

"Oh, right. Wendell, what happened to you after the events in Aurelis? I didn't even get a chance to say hi!"

"Several kind men let me rest on a spare bed while they prepared for some slumber party or other. I do not care for such things, so I left before the guests arrived." Palla and Merric blinked at each other.

"Slumber? Party?"

"That's not important, Merric. What's important is that you're back. We have a chance to redeem our awful scores from last year's AYP!"

Author's note: AYP = Adequate Yearly Progress, which is something that was instituted as a part of No Child Left Behind. For more information, read the Wikipedia article here. Back to more important things!

"You're not supposed to talk about such things, teacher!"

"But that's why we need you at this school, Merric! Our scores for Altean Math were absolutely abysmal! You're the only one that passed the standardized testing in that subject!"

"Why should that matter? Didn't most of the school ace it?"

"That's not how it works, Merric. Not only does the entire school have to pass, but a certain percentage of each country's students must pass, or this school won't pass AYP. This year, it's 40%."

"That is the lamest thing I've ever heard," Palla interrupted.

"The original intent of dividing it by countries was so that--."

"You three, that's enough. If anyone wants to know more about how it works, there's an article for that."

"Yes, narrator," the three replied.

"While you guys were busy talking about politics, I knocked everyone in the cafeteria out," Tomas said coolly.

"Merric, you've been hanging around toughs like him instead of going to school?"

"Hey, old man, I was in prison for the past two years. I've learned a thing or two about taking care of myself." Despite his tough words, Tomas' voice cracked.

"Oh, child, what could you have possibly done to land yourself in such a horrible place? You should be studying to make yourself a better person." Tomas and Merric simultaneously rolled their eyes.

"I got into a fight with some guy named Camus, and was locked up before anyone bothered listening to my side of the story." Palla took two steps away from Tomas.

"Yo, you gonna stand around all day chatting or what? My sword ain't here, so we're leavin'!" The three members of Marth's army bid their farewells before heading towards the voice that had called them.

"Children these days. This world is doomed!" Wendell lamented, before walking in the middle of the room and knocking his own lights out. He'd rather have a concussion than be the one to write the incident report about THIS mess!

Chapter 16

*when in doubt, make the prettiest damn music you can find*

-- Roric by Eka

---

"Huh? Who are you?" Marth had run into the nearest place with a roof, because there were fluffy white clouds in the sky, and he'd JUST finished styling his hair.

"I'm not important. But YOU are."

"What the--MMRMPH!"

"Sorry princey, but you'll have to stay like this for now."

"MRRPH! MRMRMRMRMMPH! *sniff*"

The prince exited the building with a suspicious amount of purpose and poise, but no one felt like asking what had caused him to change. . .or what that weird ornament in his hair was.

---

"Can you see 'em?" a random villager asked his neighbor.

"Yeah, it be. . .ah, that skin! It's Dolhr! Run for your lives, everyone!" As one, the villagers shut themselves in.

"I suppose I'll be a landlubber just this once, but why are the villagers running? We're here to free you!" commented Draug. A little girl stopped her crazed sprint and looked up at him.

"Ye LIE! Yer skin's too dark to be one of us!" screeched the girl's mother, as she picked up her wayward daughter and ran.

"We just came out of a desert!" Gordin complained.

"A likely story. If yer's skin's not as white as fallen snow, we don't like you! Now scram, you punks!" Gordin's fingers twitched. Draug shook his head.

"Right. . .it's Altea, home of insularity," Draug commented dryly.

"Look you lily-livered lightskins, get your collective asses out here RIGHT NOW, or I will take great pleasure in turning this village into my next ash pile! Anyone that brings a weapon will be fertilizer. GOT IT?!" Gordin's voice cracked as he finished his demand.

"Did you just call us lily-livered lightskins? KILL THEM!" Contrary to Gordin's orders, the villagers rushed out with all sorts of warlike implements. Draug swallowed hard. Gordin set a hay bale on fire.

"Yo, who wants a haircut?" Abel barged in. The crowd stopped in its tracks.

"A darkskin with a lisp? KILL HIM FIRST!!!" The mob roared to life with a new objective. A large shadow stepped between the mob and the unfortunate Alteans. It was a dragon, and it held several people. One by one, they hopped off.

"This is the height of Altean fashion? It stinks. I want no part of it," grumbled Julian.

"There's nothing here that's valuable," Sedgar noted. Palla said nothing, instead opting to hide behind the larger man.

"Which one of you pieces of excrement wants to have their face rearranged?" Tomas asked coolly.

"You punch, I'll stand here and grab weapons. It's not like they can hurt me," Merric whispered. Tomas nodded in response. The dragon shrank before turning into an old man.

"That's the LAST TIME I ferry all of you, got it?" Bantu complained.

"The darkskins brought reinforcements! They're gonna--oof!" The troublemaker was silenced by a priestly fist to the gut.

"Anyone else have something stupid to say?" Gordin sneered. The crowd slowly backed away.

"My people, I have returned!" Marth proclaimed, completely out of character and far paler than his army remembered him.

"Prince Marth! You've come! Save us from the darkskins!" a woman shouted.

"Everyone, pizza at my castle!" Marth's army immediately ditched him, in favor of something delicious.

"The darkskins are no more! You really are a hero, Marth!" a manly voice called out.

"Erm, I'm a Lord, not a Hero--"

"All hail Prince Marth, savior of Altea!" The crowd surged again, but this time in adoration.

(THIS is why I was in that prison cell? Marth, your country sucks.)

---

Chapter 17

"What the hell kind of music is this? It's supposed to be my homecoming!"

"I think it's awesome."

"I think it's worse than the cacophony Abel blares from his tent at night. I can't understand what the singer's saying!"

"Hmm. . .you're better when you were hogtied."

"Wait, what the--AAAAAHH!"

-- Volt by SpeedFreaks feat.kzt

"I have prepared the ultimate defenses for this army! I'm bald, and have glued my fire-and-punchyproof armor to me. There's plenty of water near my throne, and there's a ton of interesting things in the next room over. There's nothing that--" The boss (herein referred to as Mid-Boss) stopped his monologue when a feminine head peeked in.

"Um, mister, where's the bathroom?" asked a very shy female archer. Mid-Boss went over his report. She was scared of forward men!

"Right over there, where I can see you!" Mid-Boss said with a twinkle in his eye. Palla blanched and ran.

"Hah, I'll never be touched at this rate!" The figure on the throne allowed himself a laugh that was normally reserved for more important bad guys. His preparations were going well!

"That was the most pathetic bad guy laugh I've ever heard," Merric said flatly.

"Eh, who are you? There's nothing about a boy on a horse with curly hair in my info!"

"That's because the author barely gave me a character. Now if you'll excuse me, you're between me and some really nice weapons." Merric hoisted a Dragonpike he'd found in Palla's tent. Mid-Boss squeaked and fainted.

"Nicely done, Merric," Marth stated, as he walked into the room. What was that hair ornament--

"Please stop spoiling the story, Merric."

"Thank you, sire," said the victorious paladin.

"How did you manage to get past your own weakness?" asked Marth.

"It helps when you steal your own information page." The one on the horse proudly waved a piece of paper that had his weakness.

"I don't understand. The paper stating your weakness is blank!"

"Only to your eyes, prince."

"And to yours, dear reader. I promised Merric that I'd keep it a secret."

[spoiler=Logs]Chapter 1

Total reset party. Here's what happened, and why I reset:

1. My cartridge decided to mimic dondon's 0% growth run, so I reset before I got fed up with the boss.

2. Jagen didn't weaken stuff, he got a lot of random criticals, which meant that Gordin AND Marth didn't level.

3. Abel died.

4. Abel died again.

5. Jagen hit a critical on the boss (again), but at least everyone that needed to managed to level, and they were pretty good levels, too! I kept this one, despite the old man's antics.

Jagen to fort, everyone else to mop-up duty. Cain died valiantly protecting Gordin. I didn't have time to kill Caeda, but I'll pretend I did.

Chapter 2

Killed off the initial rush (you know you're pathetic when JAGEN is doubling you), then slowly baited the rest with Marth. His Highness is turning out absolutely insane, which I'll need, because he's gonna need to near-solo Chapter 3. Castor killed Caeda. . .and Gaggles still refuses to gain Strength.

I had my own ideas for Abel, but his levels don't match what I want. His role in the story will be different than what I intended. Sorry, Tomas!

Chapter 3

My Lemmings ran left, and plowed the enemies that stood between them and the chokepoint near the boss. Once I cleared out everyone in that area, I parked Draug on the fort, and had Gordin snipe over his shoulder. Lots of stuff died. I then used a rather stupid and reckless strategy involving Jagen, Abel + Steel Sword, Marth + Steel Sword, and Gordin. Here's the order of events:

1. Jagen hits with the Silver Lance, and does not die in the process.

2. Abel hits, and dodges one 50% attack.

3. Marth hits.

4. Gordin hits before he's turned into worm food.

This only took a couple of resets.

Chapter 4

In case it wasn't obvious, reclassed Abel to Myrmidon, Gordin to Mage, and Draug to Pirate.

Used Abel and a couple of generics to keep my backside clear, then charged forward with everyone else. Everyone that was an enemy went down, and Marth got his good buddy out of the village. Once the threat from the rear was eliminated (thanks to Abel), used Jagen to bait the archers, then used Gordin to kill the knight (he couldn't double. . .) The two Horsemen went down shortly after, then Gordin got some much-needed practice with Fire, before Marth went and stole the kill.

I like Gordin as a Mage so far.

Chapter 5

Reclassed Merric to Cavalier.

The starting enemies died to God!Marth, while all of Hardin's non-Lemmings committed suicide. Sedgar managed to run through the chaos towards Marth's army. I recruited Wendell because Gordin really needs that Thunder tome. Once everyone that mattered had regrouped, I marched straightaway towards the boss, who was pelted with all sorts of fun things before Marth ran in and killed him.

Merric gained Strength and Gordin gained Magic. I am extremely happy.

Chapter 6

Reclassed Sedgar to Berserker.

Offed Jagen as quickly as I could, then had everyone else gain experience. Sedgar as an axe user this early is somewhat useless, but I know that changes later. Gordin can double (for now), and Abel is somehow gaining experience. Merric forced a Thief to commit suicide. Julian went and punched Rickard's lights out, as usual. I wound up taking an inordinate amount of time killing the boss, because Marth wasn't doing much of anything to him, and Gordin with Thunder didn't do as much as I'd like.

Merric and Gordin are being even godlier. I am very, very pleased with them.

Chapter 6x

Yep, the story is one long argument with Merric.

Reclassed Sedgar to Warrior.

The only part of note was the beginning, because if Julian DIDN'T dodge the Hand Axe, he'd die (which forced me to reset). Nothing liked to attack Merric, because he's the second coming of Radd.

Otherwise, boring.

Chapter 7

I got no Class A generic males, so I had to do my fort blocking with flying horses. Sedgar had somehow hit C in axes, which meant that things from now are much easier. I did take the liberty of killing off Est before letting Minerva go. This time, I remembered Bantu.

Chapter 8

I decided that ticking off the reinforcements would be a bad idea, so I slowly cleaned out the interior. Once I had a nice, clean path, I sent everyone over to the boss' island. Draug redid the boss' armor, and then I noticed that Merric wasn't taking much damage from the enemies. I parked him on the bridge, and had him wall, while everyone with a projectile leveled up behind him. I think I used all of two Vulnerary uses for the entire reinforcement brigade.

Chapter 9

Reclassed Sedgar to Hero. How fitting.

Merric bravely took blows in the name of bait. Abel had a field day, as did Sedgar and Draug. I had one rather scary moment where I accidentally left Abel at very low health next to a Pirate, but this was one of the Hand Axe guys, and Abel was in a forest. Disaster averted!

Speaking of, the boss died to slow Fire damage, with a nice finish of Myrmidon.

Chapter 10

Reclassed Sedgar to Horseman, which turned out to be quite the boon on this map.

Thanks to Abel and Armorslayer, I was able to catch the thief and get the other chest with minimal hassle. My generics waylaid the reinforcements long enough for the duo to rejoin everyone else, who had taken the fastest way to the boss. Draug Hammered him off the throne, and Merric was bait for my Master Seal and Hauteclere. Gordin on Excalibur makes things SO much easier! I can't wait to promote him!

Chapter 11

Reclassed Sedgar to Hero.

The guys in the marketplace barely did damage to Merric, so he became bait. Sedgar helped out, in the name of his Sword rank. Random Generic Pegasus Knight ran the Thunderbolt. Merric ran out of the market and to the forts, to draw the ranged guys (14 DEF while on fort, huzzah!) Abel and Marth ran the gauntlet down, while my generics provided cover (by cover, I mean ballista distraction). The horses went down fast to a Ridersbane courtesy of Merric, the ballistae were burned, and my last unlucky generic died to the boss (who in turn died to Abel). All in all, good run!

Merric got the Energy Drop.

Chapter 12

Hustled everyone into the treasure room, then had my generics block the door, while Merric convinced the Sniper to go elsewhere. The General was Excaliblicked, and the Sniper was pinned between Merric and a wall. My generics were used as shields so Sedgar and Draug could snipe at the enemies. The boss fell to Accurate Abel. The unlucky Paladin died to a well-placed Ridersbane, courtesy of Merric.

Chapter 12x

Reclassed Sedgar to Horseman.

I used this time to build sword rank in Merric and Sedgar. Julian and Marth got kills when they could, and my girly-priest ran around patching people up. After the rush, I calmly walked Marth to the village, then baited the sniper with a disposable unit. After more drawing and killing, I defeated the boss, then Excaliblicked Horace and his underlings.

Merric with this kind of Defense is so very wrong, but so very, very hilarious!

Chapter 13

Reclassed Sedgar to Hero.

Merric had a grand time not being targeted by ballista. Gordin and Draug set fire to the northern enemies, Marth, Merric, Sedgar, Julian, and Ricky Redshirt took out the middle, and Abel gained sword rank on the southern ones. Tomas didn't do much of anything, as he hadn't hit C in staves. I decided to stick around and kill EVERYTHING, but I think it was worth it.

Gordin promoted, which should make things much more interesting.

Chapter 14

Reclassed Sedgar to General.

Marth immediately went for Thoron, while a generic held up the thieves long enough for someone more competent to kill them. After Palla and Catria recruited themselves, I sent the latter to her death, while the former kept out of trouble. Sedgar and Merric walled the reinforcements (literally). Sometimes, I'd let Sedgar get a potshot off. Abel ran down to the throne room, with Tomas and Gordin in tow. The Armorslayer saw a lot of use, but the boss eventually went down.

Merric promoted on this chapter. Just in time!

Chapter 15

Reclassed Merric to Dracoknight and Sedgar to Hero.

I got rid of the two mages near me, then the one to the right of the island with the bridge. My generics kept Gharnef busy, while I played a little game of Block That Fort. Draug wandered over to the oasis, while Palla didn't quite level (this was intentional). Julian went chest hunting once I was certain no more reinforcements would show up.

Chapter 16

Reclassed Sedgar to Berserker, and kept Merric as Dracoknight (because horseslaying weapons suck).

Used my generics to bait the enemy Dracos, while Sedgar and Draug strolled across the sea to deal with the riffraff left at the castle. Gordin pecked at the Silver Sword dude, Palla killed him, then Tomas did his thing once the Levin Sword guy showed up (Barrier Palla, then heal her). Once both were dead, I fed Xane to Palla, then rushed to the now-vacant throne, courtesy of two watery guys with Hammer.

Chapter 17

Reclassed Merric to Paladin and Sedgar to Horseman.

I would've really appreciated any class but Horseman, because those armors were not that easy to get rid of. Once I got past them, I blocked the thieves, and had Palla snipe at them for more experience. Sedgar muscled his way in, and Julian went chest-happy. Everyone else moved the other way. Merric on Barrier was enough to take out both Bishops and the Sniper. I ended the reinforcement spawning nonsense with Abel on Wyrmslayer. Draug went shopping, and Marth eventually seized. Fun times!

Tomas and Draug are really close to promoting.

Edited by eclipse

You're welcome? What did I do? >>

Mentioned that Merric should get a horse. . .so I applied that wacky logic to everyone else. The result will be the units in this play (save Palla, because I really need a good bow unit).

BTW, Sedgar wants to kill you.

Chapter 6

"The night was heavy and the air was alive. . ."

-- Moonlight Shadow by Mike Oldfield

"What the hell does this have to do with the story?"

"Nothing, you stupid barber."

"Well, that's good. I can't cut people's hair properly while it's dark."

"Speaking of hair, this boss looks like the future of Beavis and Butthead. What will you about that?"

"Take a picture and sell it."

"Abel, that's copyright--"

"Perhaps I should add curls to the side of the boss' head?"

"UGH!"

"Lemme outta here!" The nasal voice had demanded the same thing for the eighth time. Julian responded the exact same way he always did.

"I'm busy, dammit!"

The exchange continued another six times before Julian found it in him to open the cell door. The prisoner had already stripped. . .wait, that was a guy in the cell?! EWWWWW!!!

"You're Julian the Clothes Thief, so I thought I'd make it easier for you!" the blue-haired prisoner said.

"Dude, your sense of style reeks. There's no way I'd sully my hands on you!" The prisoner sighed and put his clothes back on.

"Well, I gotta repay you for opening the cell door, so. . .slumber party at Aurelis! Entry fee is a piece of furniture!" The newly-freed prisoner grabbed the chamber pot out of the prison cell and left before Julian could ask his name.

"Slumber party? WAIT FOR ME! I call dibs on the fluffy pillows!" Jagen ran after the blue-haired prisoner, candlesticks in hand.

"I. . .suddenly lost interest in the party," Julian mumbled to himself, as he went to rejoin Marth's ragtag army.

---

One threat of a mohawk was all it took for the general in charge of the castle to surrender it to Marth. Abel dusted his hands with a contented smirk on his face. Gordin roamed the castle halls, looking for something flammable. Draug sat on the throne, completely dejected. Sedgar sorted some dresses he'd found in the castle. Where was--

"My candlesticks. Where are my candlesticks?" Marth addressed the ragtag group in front of him. Everyone pretended that they didn't hear him.

"I saw Jagen run off with them a while back," Julian panted out, as he made his grand (sweaty) entrance.

"Ew, Jagen? He probably got his old man smell all over them. I don't want them anymore," the prince said with a feminine pout.

"What about the slumber party in Aurelis?" Julian asked.

"Why would I want to pay for a party in furniture?" Marth countered.

"Er. . .because every single enemy was talking about it?" Marth shook his head.

"I'm more interested in that woman, Nina or somesuch. I want a sandwich!"

"Marth, I found this note pinned to a dress." Marth snatched the note from Sedgar and read it aloud. . .and wish he hadn't.

"To my dearest Marth,

Your princess is in another castle.

-- Not Nyna"

Offed Jagen as quickly as I could, then had everyone else gain experience. Sedgar as an axe user this early is somewhat useless, but I know that changes later. Gordin can double (for now), and Abel is somehow gaining experience. Merric forced a Thief to commit suicide. Julian went and punched Rickard's lights out, as usual. I wound up taking an inordinate amount of time killing the boss, because Marth wasn't doing much of anything to him, and Gordin with Thunder didn't do as much as I'd like.

Merric and Gordin are being even godlier. I am very, very pleased with them.

Chapter 6x

"You put that song as this chapter's song RIGHT NOW!"

"Merric, what the hell? I haven't even decided on what to do for this chapter's story!"

"This chapter doesn't need one. Let that awesome song do the talking!"

"There's no lyrics, and it's not a particularly mainstream song, so I--"

"It's the embodiment of the loveliest of ladies, astride a mighty horse, plowing through any and all that get in her way. Ah, if I could only be as amazing as she is, running through the battle, frying everything that gets in my way. . ."

"Fine, fine, but you do realize that you're asking the impossible, right?"

"Let me fantasize in peace! I will wield these lowly lances and swords until I figure out how to cast from horseback."

"There is no such thing as a male Valkyrie in Elibe or Magvel. Keep trying."

"This is Archanea, and I WILL figure this out!"

"What have I done?"

-- Titania by HOUJIROU

Yep, the story is one long argument with Merric.

The only part of note was the beginning, because if Julian DIDN'T dodge the Hand Axe, he'd die (which forced me to reset). Nothing liked to attack Merric, because he's the second coming of Radd.

Otherwise, boring.

Chapter 7

"Here's your runway, 04."

-- Ghost Rider by APPARITION

"Could it be? That slim, dainty form on a pure, white horse? I see women!" Marth exclaimed like a child on his birthday.

"Marth, they're the enemy," Gordin whispered.

"Hey ladies, we're looking for women like you! Wanna join?" Marth yelled, completely ignoring the mage.

"That half-crazed look on a girly-looking guy. . .Whitewings, we're leaving!" Minerva ordered. Her three underlings had no objections.

"Come back, my pretties! Who will make me a sandwich?" Marth screamed, but the Whitewings were long gone.

"How 'bout making your own damn sandwich?" a wizened voice demanded.

"Who are you, and why should I care?" Marth said flatly.

"My name is Bantu, and I know of a. . .female that is good at cooking."

"WHERE?!"

"That is why I'm going with you. I lost her." The prince's face went red with fury.

"HOW COULD YOU LOSE SOMETHING AS PRECIOUS AS A WOMAN, YOU SENILE OLD MAN?! WHO DOES YOUR COOKING AND CLEANING?!?!"

"The top chefs in this world are male, child."

"Oh. . .right. Well guys, which of you is a gourmet chef?" Marth looked around, but everyone had suddenly found something better to do.

"So much for support from my troops," the disillusioned prince mumbled, before throwing a temper tantrum at the first enemy that cared.

I got no Class A generic males, so I had to do my fort blocking with flying horses. Sedgar had somehow hit C in axes, which meant that things from now are much easier. I did take the liberty of killing off Est before letting Minerva go. This time, I remembered Bantu.

Next chapters going up, before I forget what I did.

Chapter 8

"Whoa, he's quite a personality"

-- 100sec. Kitchen Battle!! by Orange Lounge

"WATER!" Draug yelled, as he ran headlong into the long-awaited ocean. Everyone else shook their heads, and a couple secretly wished he'd get lost at sea.

"Yo, ma homies, whazzap?" an unfamiliar voice shouted across town. Two kids ran towards Marth. Both wore sunglasses, despite the fact that such things weren't supposed to be invented for the next 200 years.

"And you are?" Marth asked, bored.

"I'm Caesar, but YOU can call me Big C. He's Radd, but answers to Double D." Both struck a pose that was supposed to be cool, but somehow wasn't.

"Why are you talking to me?" Marth mumbled, completely mortified that the two in front of him had the nerve to talk to him in public.

"The story's gotta have us, yo, but we're not down with your tunes," Double D. . .sang?

"What tunes?"

"Yo, kid, you didn't notice? Every chapter starts with one! We're not gonna join any army that listens to such uncool music!" Big C insisted.

"That's nice. Please leave before someone I know sees me talking to you." The two in front of him struck one more ridiculous pose before removing themselves from the story.

"Marth, did you just shoo away Big C and Double D?" Merric asked, from on top of his high horse.

"What's it to you?"

"I'M THEIR BIGGEST FANS! WAIT FOR ME!!!!" Despite his claim, Merric ran off in the opposite direction the two weirdos from before had taken.

"What did I do to deserve this?" the prince half-mumbled.

---

"Ah, the lovely murmur of the sea. Truly, this is a beautiful place," an enemy said, as he watched the pristine waves splash against the shore.

"Excuse me, sir, but what are you doing here?" Draug asked, as he walked to shore. His boots were a little wet, but the sea had otherwise left him untouched.

"I am admiring the beautiful music that nature has composed for me," the enemy replied.

"You seem to be the enemy. I think I'm supposed to fight you," the not-wet pirate said nervously.

"I'd much rather listen to the harmonies that the sand and sea can compose. Are you sure you're a pirate? You speak far too well to be one."

"Your refined tastes in music do not belong on the battlefield, sir enemy."

"Aha! Someone that understands the subtleties of natural melodies! My name is Roger, good pirate. May I ask your name?"

"It's Draug. I prefer death metal."

"Ah, what a tragedy. I was hoping to find an army with good taste in music, and yours looked hopeful. Alas, it looks like I'll have to stay here, and let the elements serenade me."

"I apologize, Roger. May the world's music be as stunning as the sun over the ocean. I shall leave you to bask in the whispered song of the sea breezes."

"My thanks, Draug. May your enemies mimic the agonized screams of the music so dear to your heart."

I decided that ticking off the reinforcements would be a bad idea, so I slowly cleaned out the interior. Once I had a nice, clean path, I sent everyone over to the boss' island. Draug redid the boss' armor, and then I noticed that Merric wasn't taking much damage from the enemies. I parked him on the bridge, and had him wall, while everyone with a projectile leveled up behind him. I think I used all of two Vulnerary uses for the entire reinforcement brigade.

Chapter 9

"We hope you enjoyed this journey through the sound"

-- evergreen by kors k

"Mock me if you will, kids, but this island is surrounded by water. I'll totally kill everything!" Draug proclaimed.

"First, you have to hit it," Gordin shot back.

"I--I'm working on my aim!" came the miffed response.

"I could make another comment about this, but we don't want to gross the kiddies out."

"You're absolutely right, Gordin. Good job."

"Did the narrator say something nice about you?! The world's gonna end!" Draug rushed off to inform the rest of the army of the impending cataclysm.

"He's right. Did you hit your head, narrator?"

"Absolutely not, my dear Gaggles. Keep doing well as a mage, and I will be happy with you!"

"You're weirding me out. . ."

---

The newly-freed Archanean sniper (named Jeorge) regarded the prince's army the same way said prince usually regarded his dinner.

"I seem to be. . .out of place," the blond sniper remarked.

"What do you mean? You fit right in!" Julian exclaimed.

"Well. . .my hair's yellow, and mostly everyone else seems to have green hair."

"Nonsense! Your hair's about the same color as everyone else's, including mine!" the redhead said enthusiastically.

"Er. . .what color is his hair?" Jeorge asked, as he pointed to Abel.

"Yellow."

"And his hair?" This time, Jeorge pointed to Sedgar.

"Yellow."

"Ummm. . .what color is YOUR hair?"

"Yellow."

"Julian, I hate to break the news to you, but you're color blind," Jeorge stated.

"Dude, did you just say the redhead over there is color blind?" Marth barged in.

"It appears to be that way."

"Ugh. . .according to the Archaneans with Disabilities Act (which covers everyone on the Archanean continent, not just people from the Archanean empire), I must make accommodations such that he can perform his job as a thief as well as if he wasn't color blind. Thanks a bunch, buddy."

"Uh, no problem?" The sniper felt it was a good time to leave, before Marth decided to hire him as Julian's color vision, or before the barber of the group could give him a hair cut.

"Well, so much for putting Julian on cooking duty. He'll probably poison us all out of spite."

"I heard that, Marth!"

Reclassed Sedgar to Hero. How fitting.

Merric bravely took blows in the name of bait. Abel had a field day, as did Sedgar and Draug. I had one rather scary moment where I accidentally left Abel at very low health next to a Pirate, but this was one of the Hand Axe guys, and Abel was in a forest. Disaster averted!

Speaking of, the boss died to slow Fire damage, with a nice finish of Myrmidon.