Does anyone else absolutely love the narrator for this game?

Seriously, he adds so much to the text that plays as the events are playing out on the map. That's how good his acting his. Although, I find his voice as...

Sephiran

...to be strange. I really hope they use him for future Fire Emblem games.

Edited by FionordeQuester

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have only one thing to say about the narrator: Why the hell is Geoffrey's name pronounced as "Joff-rey"? Even I know that it is pronounced Jeffrey (Geoffrey is the British spelling of the same name).

It was? I thought Sephiran was speaking using that voice in his cutscenes?

I knew greil was for PoR (i liked the voice. Kind of like an elder telling a story :awesome: )

For RD i don't think its greil...

Geoffrey's name pronounciation bugged the hell out of me. Still does. But other than that, YES! I LOVE NARRATOR! HES AWESOME! Without Narrator, i would not know how to properly pronounce Begnion. (I called it BEG-NEE-ON" before.) Also he confirmed NUMEROUS other pronounciations throughout the game. Ones i was pronouncing but werent sure they were right, like Dheginsea and Caineghis. I had been saying those names correctly. Go me. But yeah...i dont understand why he says "JOFF-REY". I yell at him through the tv all the time.

Mechwarrior 3's was better. And by better, I mean EPIC.

Honestly, though, the narrator did the second-best job in the game right behind Shinon so I don't have any complaints.

well, except for the one that my sister and I only pronounce it "joffrey" or "choffs" now. :awesome:

he does a good job, that's all I'd say about him. I didn't even notice him pronouncing geoffrey's name wrong.

I like a narrator in general for this game, now I don't need to look at the screen all the time and can do other stuff while listening.

Honestly, though, the narrator did the second-best job in the game right behind Shinon so I don't have any complaints.

Next to Rolf, ANY voice-actor becomes king. But yeah, Shinon was actually done well, unlike SOME OTHER MEMBERS OF THE CAST I COULD MENTION

Next to Rolf, ANY voice-actor becomes king. But yeah, Shinon was actually done well, unlike SOME OTHER MEMBERS OF THE CAST I COULD MENTION

You could just say "THE REST OF THEM".

I have only one thing to say about the narrator: Why the hell is Geoffrey's name pronounced as "Joff-rey"? Even I know that it is pronounced Jeffrey (Geoffrey is the British spelling of the same name).

Heh I would've pronounced it as Jee-off-ray

For whatever reason, I basically refuse to pronounce "Geoffrey" as "Jeffrey", because I don't like the idea of a silent "o" or whatever the excuse is for spelling it that way. I'm sorry to anyone with that name, or to whatever country or countries has/have that as the standard spelling for the name, but I can't help it. I almost always pronounce it similarly to how the narrator does just because. Consider it my not-so-silent protest of that spelling of the name.

Why the hell is Geoffrey's name pronounced as "Joff-rey"?

How is that wrong anyway? It looks and sounds correct to me to pronounce it as "Joff-rey". Take the name George as an example; it is spelled similarly, and you pronounce it "Jorge", right? Pronouncing George as "Jerge" would sound horribly wrong to me, so I don't see why Geoffrey, being spelled similarly, would be different in that regard.

Thanks to the narrator I learned how to properly pronounce the name Ameldha. As far as story wise it felt like someone was reading me a book and I really loved that ;) I wish he would have narrated a little more though.

Edited by Queen_Elincia

Thanks to the narrator I learned how to properly pronounce the name Ameldha. As far as story wise it felt like someone was reading me a book and I really loved that ;) I wish he would have narrated a little more though.

Oh, man, just pay one VA to do all the lines in story format. That would kick ass.

"Jeffrey" is the proper pronunciation of the "Geoffrey". I've met planet of Jeffs who spelled their name "Geoff" and it was pronounced the same way.

I'm curious about International versions of the game (Europe people, help me out here). How does the English narrator compare to the Spanish, German, French, and Italian ones?

It follows the logic that if someone were to come from some backwater country no one here has ever heard of, translated their name into the English characters "Geoffrey" and said it was pronounced "Joff-rey", no one could say different. It goes because it is their name.

When I hear it, it sounds ridiculous and I can't take it seriously.

I kind of feel like this.

In certain locales on Planet Earth. Unfortunately for whatever point you were trying to make, Radiant Dawn takes place on Tellius.

It's still translated in English with an American accent. =P

I'm curious about International versions of the game (Europe people, help me out here). How does the English narrator compare to the Spanish, German, French, and Italian ones?

The Spanish narrator says "Jeffrey", but then again he can't pronounce Ike's name, so take this with a grain of salt. However, pronunciations aside, I think the Spanish dub is much better than the English dub.