Things that don't make sense in FE

Ken Zomg

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

all these things have explanations:

Apparently there a Bible in the game.

what's weird about that? every belief has its bible, it's just not always called like that.

Loads of people die and there is no single blood shed.

this is just left out to make more money from younger children, sure there is blood they just won't show you.

When you promote from a Cavalier to a Paladin, your horse turns albino

or the horse gets switched, ever thought of that?

You get a horse when changing classes.

what's weird about that? they just had a horse left to spare and gave it to that unit.

Somehow, by flailing your sword/axe/lance in the air for a few seconds, you triple the damage output of the attack.

Corollary: This is known, and yet your units aren't smart enough to always do this.

meh, just just saw their enemy's weak spot and think of ending the battle looking a bit cooler...

things i have learned. your mage can cast a spell in mere seconds and is smart enough to read spells, but not smart enough to remember them, and for some reason the books break when you read them.

drinking water makes fire,lightning,wind,darkness and light hurt less then normal.

bright lights can do a lot of damage.

Magic at all. /topic

yes, magic doesn't exist in real life. but at least they explained it in FE. there are lots of games that use the magic excuse without even giving an explanation for this...

see, most can be explained this way

as long as we don't count the gaining opponent's items from the other side of the battlefield or the 'kid of 12 stronger than man of 40' thing (and probably a few more...)

what's weird about that? every belief has its bible, it's just not always called like that.

I'm sorry if I didn't make myself clear but I was referring to Divine when I said Bible. I don't think you would use a Bible to harm others.

this is just left out to make more money from younger children, sure there is blood they just won't show you.

True, but they would eventually catch onto that point.

You can get poisoned and not die and it goes away.

It's possible to live through getting poisoned.

Some characters, such as Faval and Matthis, have no no second thoughts about killing their beloved siblings.

Edited by crashman_alpha

meh, just just saw their enemy's weak spot and think of ending the battle looking a bit cooler...

yes, magic doesn't exist in real life. but at least they explained it in FE. there are lots of games that use the magic excuse without even giving an explanation for this...

Non-killing critical. They saw their enemies weak point yet don't exploit it twice in a row? The enemy doesn't have a change in posture after being hit by a critical during battle meaning that the previously exploited weak spot is still a point of vulnerability.

That doesn't make it any more realistic.

That's not the point of the topic, whase. it's things that wouldn't make sense IRL that happen in FE.

oh, sorry. Just thought I'd filter out some things that might not fit in here completely~

You can get poisoned and not die and it goes away.

I'm fairly sure thats normal.

Damn it, somebody pointed that out already.

lets see.... um

Eventhough you get hit, it doesn't hurt because you moved. (When dodging in fe9/10[iirc], you can see the enemies weapon made contact with the character.)

Edited by SlayerX

When you promote, you get a wardrobe change instantly.

Not only do archers never run out of arrows, people who promote into bow-users instantly find some.

Generals on the front lines.

Most critical animations, and wile we're at it, skills.

Florina is too shy to talk to men but apparently has no problem killing them. Oh, Flo, you make so much sense. :Florina:

Come to think of it, she almost reminds me of someone here.

Edited by Musashi

You promote with a whip too! And swords that are specific to one user. Its not like no one else can hold it.

I believe that they are aiming at having the skills to weild it.

EDIT: Also, In SD, a book can weigh more than a person

Edited by UberLughFTW

• 2 weeks later...

Talk to a chick 3 times and you get to bone them

Related to this comment:

Standing next to each other for a long time(FE4) automatically makes you lovers, regardless of any clashing traits about them.

Adding to that, some pairings that result in different character endings, despite the fact that the chances of a romantic relationship between the characters in the pairing in question actually happening are ranging from slim chances to "this will never work out" chances. (May or may not tread into crack pairing territory.)

By the way, one particular example that was in my head when I was writing this blurb on "pairs that have a high chance of not working out" was the Hector X Florina pairing. (Which, by the way, is a crack pairing.) Edited by LittleAl