No 2012

Fireman

I don't know if this topic has been made in some other corner of the forest already, but...Apparently, 2012 isn't the year that the world is supposed to end.

Accordingly, this topic and the movie 2012 are now invalid. I don't know about you guys, but this feels like a lolmoment.

Edited by Fireman

Now I wonder what the next date people will blindly believe will be the end of the world...

02/20/2020 METEORS WILL RAIN UPON US ALL, VOLCANOES WILL ERUPT, EARTHQUAKES WILL RAGE, AND GENERALLY NOT NICE THINGS WILL OCCUR EVERYWHERE.

(The doomsday worries are based on the fact that the Mayan calendar ends in 2012, much as our year ends on Dec. 31.)

:lol: The end of the world is on Dec. 31 because our Calendar ends on that day. runaway.gif

Edited by SlayerX

Honestly the best thing I've seen was an article in the newspaper about a guy who actually went and interviewed the surviving Mayans about what they thought of 2012. Their response was something like "what the fuck are you talking about?".

Oh cool so I can finish college after all. :lol:

And honestly when the end of the world/human civilization comes, it's likely not going to be predicted unless it's something like an astronomer sees a comet heading straight for us and decides there's nothing we can do. They have seen meteors and stuff coming before, but they always see it too late to do anything so if they do see something coming straight for us it's gonna be too late to do anything. (Though they could probably only estimate the end of the world if a comet was coming)

To end-of-the-world theorists who try predict the end of the world based on numbers, the earth will not end itself just because a calendar developed by human beings says it should be a very special day.

Pretty sure the world is going to end as soon as the Bloc Quebecois win the Federal election up here in Canada.

No, the world will end when the Green Party wins a Federal Election while we still have FPtP.

I mean, the Bloc Quebecois only runs people in Quebec, so they literally cannot win and are not trying to.

Edited by ZXValaRevan

No, the world will end when the Green Party wins a Federal Election while we still have FPtP.

far from the forest, except in politics? :awesome: I can see why it would be the end of the world. OMGZ

It isn't to my knowledge a consensus that the Earth will be consumed when the Sun expands.

I take it that you haven't done any Astrophysics courses...

Because I have!

Edited by NinjaMonkey

isn't there another theory that the earth might end up drifting away when the sun starts to expand, because the sun strats to lose mass or something like that?

Well I think that now a Planet that can support life has been found, the destruction of the earth doesn't really matter. We just have to focus all of our science and money on inventing a spaceship that can get everyone the hundreds of billions of miles to this other planet.

Well I think that now a Planet that can support life has been found, the destruction of the earth doesn't really matter. We just have to focus all of our science and money on inventing a spaceship that can get everyone the hundreds of billions of miles to this other planet.

Wait, what planet is this? Ive never heard any such news. Last I checked theyre seeing if Mars supports life.