ITT: You buff up a low tier unit

Galenforcer

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's what the Speed boost is for (something is seriously wrong when a big armored lunk is doubling a girl whose armor consists of good fashion).

But the problem is she's still 2HKOd (or even OHKOd by some things). You'd have to do a lot to make her durable. Might as well just make her an even better Glass Cannon. Not that hard to keep her out of harm's way.

Many of us even give her wrath and let her run around at <30% hp. Never gets killed if you do it right.

With a little more Speed, she'd have an ever-so-slightly higher chance of dodging, and taking one less attack is good in my books (if she's in range of anything, it's one unit at most).

Re-arrange FE10 Astrid's growths to:

HP: 60

STR: 60

MAG: 10

SKL: 40

SPD: 50

LCK: 60

DEF: 40

RES: 30

Auto-level her to 12 for the following bases:

HP: 39

STR: 19

MAG: 9

SKL: 20

SPD: 20

LCK: 23

DEF: 14

RES: 17

My 5 minute buffing experiment for FE10 Astrid.

Well, I like the idea of no cap Micaiah.

Anouleth said to start at 9 instead of 7 (which also helps early game #HKO numbers) and a 90% growth but no cap.

20/20/3 magic is: 48 magic (40 levels of growth + 7 base + 1 from promo to tier 2 + 2 from promo to tier 3).

24 mt Thani on Generals/Paladins. +2 atk support.

74 attack at 20/20/3. Even on HM, this can OHKO some Generals. 50 hp and 23 res. or 51/23 or 50/24. The best only have 52 hp and 25 res, so just 4 more levels to get 77 attack.

20/20/6 or 20/20/7 to OHKO all the Generals. Not happening unless you dump bexp on her, though. 20/20/2 is good enough to OHKO the 50/23 generals, though. And sometimes so is 20/20/1.

Edited by Narga_Rocks

Eliwood; Rapier has 50 uses. Starts with 7 Strength and 8 Skill. He's not low tier material exactly, but he's hardly as good as what I feel a Lord should be. Which is Sigurd/FE10!Ike/Ephraim/Hector material.

Someone...y'know, worthy of leading an army.

Edited by Furetchen

Pelleas: 20/20/8 Dark Arch Sage with appropriate auto-level. Joins at the 4-2 base instead of on turn 2. This also means that Dark magic can be forged so he isn't stuck with Carreau/Verrine.

Pelleas: 20/20/8 Dark Arch Sage with appropriate auto-level. Joins at the 4-2 base instead of on turn 2. This also means that Dark magic can be forged so he isn't stuck with Carreau/Verrine.

The reason Dark magic can't be forged is that you go straight to Worm, which is Eldark, and only basic tomes are available to forge. If they did make El tomes available to forge it would also mean that all your other mages can have a bit more help too, since they're less than stellar in Radiant Dawn.

And I don't know how you (or anyone else here) plays normally but 20/20/8 seems quite high to me, it's the same level Stefan and Oliver come at and I got Pelleas nearly promoting by the end of 4-2 when I used him. That level also presents some story conflicts since Pelleas said that he'd never fought before 3-E and anyway, if he was 20/20/8 in 3-E that might be a bit unfair but I get the feeling this topic is more about low-tier units when you have them instead of their whole existence in the game.

Oh, it would have been cool if Micaiah got her own 3rd tier skill. Something like Aether, except that instead of Sol + Luna, it should be Flare + Corona.

Skill name should be Nuclear Fusion or Nebula or Zenith?

I like Zenith as the name.

Oh, it would have been cool if Micaiah got her own 3rd tier skill. Something like Aether, except that instead of Sol + Luna, it should be Flare + Corona.

That would have been awesome. She's a unique class after all. And it would have been fitting given Ike's ability.

I also think she needed a legendary. Though Thani would still be superior on Generals, but for everything else it would have been nice. Though, Ragnell is actually weaker than the S rank sword, except 2 range, so maybe her Legendary would have been crap anyway. Unless it gave +5 speed, but they generally aren't that nice.

I think you might like TearRing Saga then. One of the lords is a bow using thief who gets swords on promotion. He's about as rude and hilarious as Shinon as well.

That reminds me, I wish that translation patch would come sooner.

That reminds me, I wish that translation patch would come sooner.

I still remember most of the important dialogues until chapter 16 thanks to FireLizard's FAQ. The rest I read some bits here and there on that other site, but mostly things I really wanted to know.

I still remember most of the important dialogues until chapter 16 thanks to FireLizard's FAQ. The rest I read some bits here and there on that other site, but mostly things I really wanted to know.

I still remember that one conversation between him and Ruka.

"Hi. I'm, Ruka, an archer. Take me with you!"

"Your puny arms can barely pull a bowstring. Besides, I'm the only archer we need"

"I idolize you Holmes, take me with you!"

I still remember that one conversation between him and Ruka.

"Hi. I'm, Ruka, an archer. Take me with you!"

"Your puny arms can barely pull a bowstring. Besides, I'm the only archer we need"

"I idolize you Holmes, take me with you!"

I think a good amount of us laughed at what Narron says to Runan after chapter 10 if you manage to train him decently.

"I've been useless even though I slaughtered many enemies, killed some bosses, and even have stats comparable to Zeek's. I'm sorry, Runan ):"

"It's okay, you still need to find your pace. Eugen did say you had potential and it's not every day he says that"