ITT: You buff up a low tier unit

Galenforcer

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FE5 :

Alva : Level 6 with +3 HP, 2 Str/Spd, 1 Mag/Skl/Luk/Def/Bld and, as a random skill, Continue. PCC should be 3. Raise his weapon ranks to D+30. Social Knight now.

Conomore : 45 HP/17 Str/6 Mag/16 Skl/15 Spd/13 Luk/14 Def/13 Bld/10 Mov.

Cyas : Comes with Falaflame, 33 HP/20 Mag/18 Skl/19 Spd/5 Luk/13 Def/9 Bld/7 Mov. Thunder and Wind ranks are pretty irrelevant for him, but I'd still see at least a C in both.

Dalsin : Promotion to Great Knight. I feel his HP growth could raise a fair amount since 60% for a big guy like him sounds rather odd. Give him the Duel skill.

Eda : Level 12 with +6 HP, 3 Str, 2 Skl/Spd/Def/Bld. As a skill, she gets Continue and her PCC is raised to 3. Sword ranked raised to C+20.

Eyvel : Giving her Elite and +20-40% growths across the board. She's now a Forrest that can use swords and bows, both at A rank.

Fred : +4 HP, 1 Str/Skl/Spd/Def, PCC of 3, lowered to level 1. Continue + Prayer skills.

Glade : Same shit as Fred, without Prayer.

Hicks : +10% all growths.

Kein : Level 8 with +3 HP, 2 Str/Spd, 1 Mag/Skl/Luk/Def/Bld and, as a random skill, Duel. PCC of 2. C+10 lance rank, D+20 sword rank. Social Knight now.

Marty : +2 Skl, +3 Spd and innate Wrath.

Miranda : Comes with Elite and HP/Def raised at 24/5.

Misha : HP raised by 8, Str by 6, Def by 4, Bld by 4 and a PCC of 3.

Ralph : +15% growths in Strength, Skill and Speed, Sunlight Sword and a PCC of 3.

Robert : Innate Elite. D rank in bows.

Ronan : New growths : 55 HP/50 Str/10 Mag/50 Skl/55 Spd/25 Def/40 Luk/15 Bld/3 Mov.

Selphina : +6 HP, +2 all other stats except Mov.

Shanam : Somehow gains Starlight. 55% Skl growth, 30% Def growth, 20% Bld growth. HP base + 10, Bld + 3, Mov + 1, rest + 5.

Tanya : Raise her strength and defense growth by 10% and bases by 2. Duel skill.

Trewd : 4 PCC and +2 Def base.

Xavier : +10 HP, +2 Skill, Speed and Lead Stars.

fire emblem 10: Lucia re-joins in part 3 chapter 9 str and def growths +10%

and she regrows her hair

Bastian and Geoffrey join in part3 final and Bastian can use poetry on his enemies gee_wiz_emoticon.gif

spd on arch sages go up by 2-3 points,.

Danved's growths all go up by 5%

Rolf starts as a level five sniper hp 35 str 20 mag4 skl22 spd21 lck15 def15 res11

Ilyana joins at level 15 with stats hp 24 str 7 mag14 skl15 spd14 lck8 def4 res11

Ena joins at level 28 with the following hp 64 str 15 mag16 skl14 spd12 lck20 def14 res17

Lethe has +1 in all her base stats

Kurthnaga joins at level 28 with the following hp 63 str 19 mag8 skl12 spd13 lck25 def17 res18

Denning joins at the start of part4 chapter5 with plus1 in all base stats

Sanaki +5 base str and comes with Rudol gem instead of getting it in final chapter.

Nasir joins at level 38 with following stats hp 77 str 8 mag25 skl14 spd10 lck22 def12 res23

Gareth joins at level 38 with following stats hp 88 str 25 mag5 skl12 spd9 lck25 def23 res12

Lehran, if certain conditions met joins at start of part4 Endgame.

Pelleas joins as 20/20/1 with following stats hp 40 str 20 mag29 skl26 spd26 lck19 def20 res25

Kyza has +5 hp +2 all other base stats

Oliver joins at level 10 with his all his average base stats plus 1 and he also loses weight gee_wiz_emoticon.gif

Astrid comes at a decent level like the other royal knights lv7 with the following stats hp 38 str 16 mag10 skl21 spd19 lck22 def12 res16 all growths +5%

meg joins at her level 10 average stats and her growths are all +5%

fiona joins at level 14 with hp 32 str 12 mag7 skl11 spd14 lck11 def12 res9

Lyre's base stats all go up by 3

Shiida has a Win Spear, not uber STR. If that spear didnt exist she'd easily be outclassed by all three sisters.

Partly true (in that she'd be worse without it). Though the fact that she easily caps spd makes her the best unit to be switched to swordmaster when you need someone killing stuff with forged wyrmslayers.

Also, as General_Horace said, the Wing Spear does exist, and thus she's the best unit in the game. Well, her or Lena, kind of. She doesn't need extra str unless you take away the wing spear, but if you do that she becomes much worse than when she had the wing spear.

And frankly, I highly doubt that Est could possibly outrank her even if you take away the wing spear. A level 3 Peg in chapter 18? You have GOT to be kidding me. Even the other two sisters would be hard pressed to beat her on H5 without extreme amounts of arena abuse.

fire emblem 10: Lucia re-joins in part 3 chapter 9 str and def growths +10%

and she regrows her hair

Bastian and Geoffrey join in part3 final and Bastian can use poetry on his enemies gee_wiz_emoticon.gif

spd on arch sages go up by 2-3 points,.

Danved's growths all go up by 5%

Rolf starts as a level five sniper hp 35 str 20 mag4 skl22 spd21 lck15 def15 res11

Ilyana joins at level 15 with stats hp 24 str 7 mag14 skl15 spd14 lck8 def4 res11

Ena joins at level 28 with the following hp 64 str 15 mag16 skl14 spd12 lck20 def14 res17

Lethe has +1 in all her base stats

Kurthnaga joins at level 28 with the following hp 63 str 19 mag8 skl12 spd13 lck25 def17 res18

Denning joins at the start of part4 chapter5 with plus1 in all base stats

Sanaki +5 base str and comes with Rudol gem instead of getting it in final chapter.

Nasir joins at level 38 with following stats hp 77 str 8 mag25 skl14 spd10 lck22 def12 res23

Gareth joins at level 38 with following stats hp 88 str 25 mag5 skl12 spd9 lck25 def23 res12

Lehran, if certain conditions met joins at start of part4 Endgame.

Pelleas joins as 20/20/1 with following stats hp 40 str 20 mag29 skl26 spd26 lck19 def20 res25

Kyza has +5 hp +2 all other base stats

Oliver joins at level 10 with his all his average base stats plus 1 and he also loses weight gee_wiz_emoticon.gif

Astrid comes at a decent level like the other royal knights lv7 with the following stats hp 38 str 16 mag10 skl21 spd19 lck22 def12 res16 all growths +5%

meg joins at her level 10 average stats and her growths are all +5%

fiona joins at level 14 with hp 32 str 12 mag7 skl11 spd14 lck11 def12 res9

Lyre's base stats all go up by 3

Consider having some of the Laguz start with some strike wexp. Like, 30 to 70 depending on when they appear. Or even S, if they show up late enough.

Edited by Narga_Rocks

Marisa:

Joins at 15/0 with the following Base Stats:

Hp:30 Str:11 Skl:18 Spd:19 Lck:14 Def:9 Res:9

Growth Changes: +10% Str(40%) +15% Def(30%)

Joins with B swords.

A female Swordfighter having that high of an Str/Def growth is very unlikely. Not to mention those base stats are just...wrong. GBA unpromoted myrmidons have close to non-existent Res.

One word: Lakche Don't be sexist, Soul. They gave Est something insane like 70% STR which I think she doesn't deserve, and a female swordie can't even get 40%?

In GBA games, though, myrms have pretty low STR/DEF in general. The female Swordlords have 40% STR growth IIRC, though, and Eirika does have a 30%DEF growth.

That being said, the Res is a bit riduculous, though. Seth doesn't even have base Res like that. NO unpromoted physical unit should have higher base RES than Seth.

'Cept maybe Peggies.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

Gotcha.

Joshua had the highest STR growth with a 35% out of the GBA Myrms, FE6Karel excluded, IIRC.

So yeah. Wouldn't really make sense if Marisa beat him out on that, then.

Hell, she's tied with friggin' Rutger in the STR growth department.

Though he does have better bases and much better availability.

I just gave her res the same buff as her Def. Although 5 or 6 res is fine(her average is 5.5)

The logic is she is supposed to be equal to Josh, yet he trounces her due to their jointimes. So I upped her level and inproved her str by .5(10 levels with a 10% growth increase, so yeah)

The def increase only looks extreme because GBA def growths are pathetically low anyway, 30% isn't all that high.

6 is much more reasonable for RES.

Though, when you look at GBA games, most cavs have only 20% DEF growth. Hell, Seth's 40% is actually the third-highest playable-in-main-game character growth, beaten only be Duessel at 45% and Gilliam at 55%.

Makes more sense if she got +10% to HP growths, actually. I find Myrms actually have pretty good HP, even the girls.

Of course, this is just balancing.

If I had my way every myrm/SM would have something around FE6!Karel's growths. :awesome:

I'm not. I specifically mentioned "the main game" for a reason.

I don't really count his one chapter.

And even then, Seth is still has the third highest growth, in terms of numbers, since Orson has the same DEF growth as Duracell.

Not sure if I worded it correctly, but you get what I mean.

Dunno where these units fall tier-wise, and don't care, because I'm playing favorites. I'm skipping 8 and 9, because I don't remember too much about them.

FE7:

- Give Legault an affinity that boosts Attack and/or Critical, and give him +10% Strength growth.

- Rebecca +25% Strength growth (so she'll cooperate)

- Lyn +30% Strength growth (because 8 Strength at level 20 can go to hell)

- Eliwood +2 more CON upon promotion. Doubling with Durandal is funny.

- Nino and Florina +1 CON

- Louise +2 base Strength

FE10:

- Meg +3 Skill, so I can start sniping with her

- Leonardo +10% Speed growth

- Fiona +3 everywhere, and recruitable on 1-7.

- The LEA comes back somewhere in Chapter 3

- Pelleas comes with Paragon

SD:

- Gaggles +25% Strength and Speed.

- Matthis and Rickard start with 2 Luck, and +20% Strength and Luck.

- Roshea +20% Speed and +30% Luck.

- Vyland +15% Strength.

- Bantu ditches all the negative stat growths.

- Jeorge +10% everywhere except RES. I find it hard to believe one of Archanea's best Snipers has THAT kind of growth (it's bad when Tomas is kicking your butt in everything that matters).

- Midia +10% Strength.

- Boah ditches the negatives, and get some personal Magic to his name.

- Tomas joins five levels later, with bases adjusted to such, and +10% Strength and Luck growth.

- Astram gets some personal Speed growth.

FE10:

- Meg +3 Skill, so I can start sniping with her

- Leonardo +10% Speed growth

- Fiona +3 everywhere, and recruitable on 1-7.

- The LEA comes back somewhere in Chapter 3

- Pelleas comes with Paragon

You mean 1-6-2?

Because she's already playable in 1-7.

- Lyn +30% Strength growth (because 8 Strength at level 20 can go to hell)

- Matthis and Rickard start with 2 Luck, and +20% Strength and Luck.

So... Lyn should have a 70% strength growth? And Matthis 60, and Rickard 70? Wow.

Anyway, here's my balancing.

FE 7

Dart - Promotes with Hero Crest, but -10% Str and Spd growth.

Vaida - Uhh, adding base speed seems logical, but all her other stats bar resistance are very, very good. Joins in Unfufilled heart maybe?

Rebecca - +1 all bases, archers get a 1-2 range bow.

Rath - Joins promoted with average stats, D in swords.

Louise - +5 HP, +2 Str, Skl, and Res.

Wil - See Rebecca, +1 Con

Nino- Join at Lvl 12, +1 Con

Farina - Costs 5000 instead of 20 000

Karla - All growth rates doubled.

Wallace - Starts as enemy and gets HM bonuses.

Renault - +4 base magic.

1-6-2. . .yeah. . .

Yes, I like broken characters. . .and Matthis and Rickard get no love.

Also, Lyn seems to hate me, because she'll usually end up with single-digit Strength before promotion. Hell, I remember a couple of runs where she was dealing 0 damage to a certain unit using the weapon specifically made for her!

Heh, Lyn is the same way with me. Always fragile, and doubling for 0-3 damage. The only thing Matthis really needs is maybe 10% speed, and maybe +1 base str, +3 base skill, and +2 base luck. His defence growth is excellent, and his strength growth is the same as Abel's.

Orson

Give him more chapters of avaibility before he leaves. It would be awesome if he betrayed you at Ch 16. That way if you bothered to train him he'll keep his stats when he becomes an enemy. :awesome:

FE4 subs :

* Daisy : Hoo boy... At least +4 in Strength, Skill and Defense, +25% dev. growth in Strength, and +10% dev. growth in Skill, Luck and Defense.

* Amid : He just needs the Pursuit Skill to jump from low to great.

* Femina : Pursuit Skill for her too, and +10% dev. growth in Strength and Skill.

* Asaello : +20% dev. growth in Skill and Speed.

* Dimna : +20% dev. growth in Speed and he's great.

Edited by AceNoctali

I'd re-jig Micaiah's growths to the following: (okay, I know she's not a low tier unit, but whatever!)

HP Str Mag Skl Spd Lck Def Res
45 20  70  45  50  75  25  55  

Edited by NinjaMonkey

I'd re-jig Micaiah's growths to the following: (okay, I know she's not a low tier unit, but whatever!)

HP Str Mag Skl Spd Lck Def Res
45 20  70  45  50  75  25  55  

This is the thing with Micaiah, she doesn't need more speed. Or skill. Or HP, or DEF, or anything. She would need like a 60% defense growth to ever have good durability, and even if she had a 60% speed growth, she would need to be something like level 11 to double enemies in 1-1 and 1-2, let alone beyond that point. The only thing I want Micaiah to have is more Magic, but even more Luck and Resistance would allow for happy BEXP times. Hell, you could even just remove her magic cap or something. She'd be able to do crazy things like OHKO 4-E Generals with Thani, which I personally think is way more awesome than just doubling and 2HKOing them.

So yeah. Micaiah should start with 2 more magic, have 10% more magic growth (take it out of Skill or Defense or something useless like that), and have no magic cap. Screw making well-rounded units.

Well, she's gonna get slaughtered anyway. It'd take a lot more than a couple points of speed to make her not die pathetically easily.

...I haven't played FE10.

How 'bout making sure Micaiah isn't randomly doubled?

Micaiah is always randomly doubled.

As far as other RD related buffs go:

Lethe has base level 24 with 12 str, 13 spe, 10 def replacing her current bases

Leo has C bows, 10 str, 50% spe growth

Boyd has 26 str and a Brave Axe available at some point in the game without taking one away from the DB

Marcia has base level --/8 with 18 str, 21 skl, 21 spe, and 16 luk replacing her current bases

Sigrun has base level --/20 with 20 str and 26 spe replacing her current bases

Tanith has 25 spe replacing her current bases

Edited by dondon151