What will you do if your favorite FE character gets killed?

Frosty

Any character who dies because either I slip and hit the wrong button or because the RNGoddess rapes me, I usually go on a near endless tirade of SHIT OF A FUCKERDAMN FUCKING...BITCH and so on. I really AM a sucker for playing on cartridge, ain't I?

Then I gauge how much I give a shit about the character and divide that by how much time I spent getting through the level. Usually, I continue.

Favourite characters I always reset. Except Dozla, who's entire purpose is to die in an explosive and badass manner.

For draft/story purposes: Apologize profusely. Sometimes, I'll ask them to die. . .and if it's a favorite, he'll probably listen. . .*cries*

Not supposed to die: That depends on who it is. With the exception of two units, it's silent cursing followed by a reset. The exceptions:

1. Gaggles - "WOOHOO. . .oh, right, I need to keep your sorry ass alive this time. . ." *reset*

2. Green Skittle - "You dodge with your face at the most inopportune times. . .sometimes, I wonder if you do this just to screw with everyone else's awesome level-ups. . ." *resets*

I like Frostbite's taste in characters.

Why thank you! I like humorous characters anyways... they kill me laughing!

Speaking or RAGE again... Just wait when you see Thany dead, watch me throw bad words, unleash tantrums like the devil and of course kill like a badass then reset...

Be quite cross, perhaps grapple with gross rage, often read the death quote, file a mental "*character* has died, decrease expected attack endurance" report, sometimes keep playing to see if I've made any other mistakes and then, yes you guessed it, reset. Or stop playing for the day and restart later.

Worst ever case: Vigard's chance critical in 14B. After clearing out the entire map, getting all the treasure, dealing with berserk staff Druids and bringing my entire team into the throne room to dissect him he gets a critical and I have to start again. With my playstyle that's several hours of repetition. I was not amused.

Worst ever case: Vigard's chance critical in 14B. After clearing out the entire map, getting all the treasure, dealing with berserk staff Druids and bringing my entire team into the throne room to dissect him he gets a critical and I have to start again. With my playstyle that's several hours of repetition. I was not amused.

This is fe8, right?

He's only got 14 skill and a Spear. That's what, 12 crit? Don't let someone that is 3HKOd face him unless they have 12 luck or the right supports to get 12 cev.

Chance criticals happen, that's why I always take whatever steps I can to avoid them if they'd result in a KO. It's also why I absolutely hate Berserker bosses and am so glad I have save states in games that have bosses that can crit-blick kill anyone. Even if you use a unit that has a lot of avoid, swords, and some +cev supports, you can almost never get them down to a 0% COD. And they tend to have so much attack power that they'll be able to 3HKO everyone on your team even with their weakest weapon. Hence, a crit OHKOs.

I'm thinking of chapter 9 and 12x in fe6. In 12x, I got crit-blicked on a 0.315% chance. Rewind. I love rewind on emulators. 10% hit (2.10% true), 15% crit, so 0.315% chance of getting hit and getting crit. 1 in 317 chance of doing that. But he did it. On his first attack. Jerk.

Edited by Narga_Rocks

Seth. Dying. In a game where he powertrips over.

What is this madness.

If... well shit, how else is Seth gonna die unless you do it on purpose?

Halberd Fighter in Ch. 6... I sent him out with a lance, and he gets slaughtered. I then used A+B+Select+Start.

I memorized his location and always switch to Iron Sword.

So, not gonna happen.

Also, I set Seth with a sword on the mountains or fort near that fighter so the fighter sees a hit rate of el zippo.

Edited by Ein Lanford

Any character who dies because either I slip and hit the wrong button or because the RNGoddess rapes me, I usually go on a near endless tirade of SHIT OF A FUCKERDAMN FUCKING...BITCH and so on. I really AM a sucker for playing on cartridge, ain't I?

I find death by awesome is the worst alright I'll put Nephenee on the chokehold where 2 generals can get her. Gets on to wrath HP and proceeds to kill all the generals exept the last one who manages to kill her.

FFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU