The Crusade of Hope

Light Lord

Camilla had once been through the Yied Desert, but only that time returning from Bahara to Issac. Most of her time leading the militia was in Agustria and Verdane, and it wasn’t until near the end of the Second Holy War that she joined forces with her prince. And here Estevan was, who knew the Yied Desert inside out—he could be a great help.

“I gladly accept your offer, Sir Estevan,” Camilla said, “and of course. How much do you charge for your services?” She’s prepared to pay him out of her own pocket—whatever to get through the desert safely. The army was just formed relatively recently, being recruits from all the villages of the nation of Issac, but they worked hard, and Camilla had personally trained them. They’re people with families, and Camilla don’t just want them to all die in the desert.

Plus, the royal treasury is being used for various restoration projects across the nation. Camilla isn’t going to put more on Shanan’s plate at the moment.

“Shall we go, then?” said Camilla before she noticed that Estevan had no horse. She motioned one of her soldiers, and he dismounted, took the horse over to Camilla, and mounted the horse of one of his buddies.

“Here. Ride this until we get to the military outpost just outside of Rivough,” she offered the horse to him.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sherry walked through town to the inn she had stayed at last night. She went up to the bar keeper, asking him where she could find the Magi group. After telling him that she needed someone to protect her on her long journey, he told her to go ahead to Conote, and that a man would meet her there. "Thank you very much sir. I can pay if I need to."

"Oh, don't worry about that. They don't even take money. Everyone just helps them out here. I don't think they've paid a tab all year." Excited in her plan, Sherry left the city, intent on starting her journey.

"Ah hah....we should be heading out of Freege soon now," said Heran, rushing to the front and knocking over his fellow guards as he rushed to the border.

"Ow!"

"Asshole!"

"Why'd this nut get hired?"

"WHEEEEEE! I'm so happy we're near Barhara, I can sing!"

"Oh no!"

"KILL ME!"

"OHHHH SAYYY CAN YOU SEEE?!

THAT THE EMPIRE KICKS ASS!

BUT NOT AAAAAASSSSSSSSSS MUCH

AS VERDANE'S AWESOMENESSSSSS!"

"Stop it!"

"No!"

"Help! My ears are bleeding!"

Amera was still amused by this girl; her mannerisms providing a large amount of fun. The way Shiris was staring at her was confusing her, though. She seemed extremely fixed on Amera's ear and tail. More laughs escaped her mouth as Shiris introduced herself. Amera just smiled and say "alright". The staring was making her think why, all for just a moment, before a fireball was launched at a bush, causing Amera to sprawl back in mild terror.

A man jumped out from behind it, and her eyes watched him move, wondering what he had been doing there the entire time. He caught him glance over at her, which made her worried, above anything, before Shiris launched another fireball. Not wanting either of them to get hurt, she yelled at Shiris "Stop! Stop!!" The sound of the fire was too loud, though, and her voice wasn't going above it.

She did the next best thing her mind could think of.

She did a lunge tackle at Shiris, knocking her down, and out of the way of Bullet's incoming punches, as well as stopping her from shooting fireballs at the man.

Having to stop at Velthomer for the night, the troops were mounting a small camp for the waiting. Damian was currently in a tent assigned for him, taking care of his stuff.

''Let's see...'' He said, as he looked at various staves and some tomes. ''It shouldn't be a problem with this many. I could probably go to town and see if I can aquire more but, no, I think with this is fine. As long as the essentials are here.''

His eyes then went to the tomes. There weren't as many as the staves, and most of them were black in coloring. ''I would probably not need this, but who knows what we may encounter, I'll keep them at hand just in case, well, the non-dark ones at least.''

Just then, a soldier showed up at the entrance.

''Sir Damian.'' He called.

''Yes, what is it?'' He asked, turning around to face him.

''Sir Damian wishes to speak to you, he's heading this way.''

''Understood, tell him I'm here right now.'' The soldier nodded and walked out. Damian was quick to start putting away the tomes.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Shiris swiftly pulled herself off the ground and away from Amera. Irritation evident on her face. Who did this girl think she was getting in her way? She raised her hand making a motion to take the girl out first, but quickly reconsidered. She'd deal with the girl later, for now she needed to kill this lowly eavesdropping bandit. "You've heard a wee bit too much boy" she hissed frantically summoning one ball of fire after another, slowly stepping back so that she was standing beside the tree Amera had been resting on only a few minutes ago.

She took careful notice of her surroundings, cackling wildly as a two tree's were felled. This was what she lived for, the flames, the smoke, the heat. It was more then enough to drive her into ecstasy. She could feel sweat trickling down the side of her head, she didn't know how hot it was, but it didn't matter, she'd burn this ugly man until he was all black and proper. She hurled another fireball, at the man, who once against dodged the fireball, her attack smacking into the tree behind him, not hurting her target at all.

She made sure to keep her distance, often throwing her flames short to make the man have no choice but to back away. Shiris chanced a glance to where Amera had been earlier, noticing the girl wasn't where she thought Shiris had thought. <Ah well, those tainted bloods were a shrewd bunch, probably fled at the first sight of fire>

Bullet was having trouble avoiding all the fireballs. This girl was crazy! He tried to keep advancing but found himself getting pushed back by fire and falling trees. Bullet retreated. He needed a sword, or a bow, or SOMETHING he could use to protect himself from this firebrand. He stumbled a little. He needed a place where he could think and come up with some way to beat this psychopath. He looked down, and, lo and behold, he found a large branch. The mercenary lifted it, figuring it would protect him from a few blasts. He charged, using the branch to bat away flames. Once he was in range, he threw the branch at the girl as hard as he could before running backwards to avoid getting charred.

Damn it, I need a distraction!

((For the record, this branch is around the same size as Trent is IRL, which is why it can protect Bullet from the flames for the eight seconds he was using it.))

Edited by Camtech086

((And, I'm off to bed. G'night XD))

Amera tried to cling onto Shiris as she tackled her down, losing her grip almost immediately, though, as Shiris stood and threatened Amera with a blast of fire. She did all she could, put her arms in front of her as she heard the sound of another fireball being tossed, bracing herself for the heat, but surprised that she didn't feel it. She opened her eyes to see Shiris focused on fighting this other man, giving Amera the time to run for cover. She found a tree not on fire, and scrunched ran behind it, hiding from whatever that was that was launching those fireballs. She couldn't recognize that as the funny talking awkward girl that was there only a few moments ago.

Getting up the courage to peek from behind her tree, she screamed, jumping away from it before it was set on fire as well. She got as close to the ground as she could, hands on her head, as she watched them fight. The man throwing the branch was something she didn't expect, as she closed her eyes, hoping no debris came flying her way. It WAS a huge branch.

Edited by seph1212

Not at all surprised by the mans attack Shiris wrapped her arm around the tree she was standing beside, and pulled herself away from the projectile log. It had been obvious that the man would resort to throwing it, the log was big enough but it'd have been a huge gamble to charge right at her using it as a shield. She hurled another ball of flame felling another two tree's which fell harmlessly to the ground. "Stop dancing around and enjoy the barbecue!" She jeered. Beckoning the man to charge at her, she focused the flames around her finger tips burning the tree beside her with a look of anticipation on her face.

((SCRATCH THAT, giving Cam an opening before going to bed))

The branch flew by Amera, making her shake a little, but nothing more. I have to do something. I HAVE to. And then it clicked. Maybe she could distract her for long enough to let this man get a hold of her.

Her hand reached for her sword. Her magic might not be strong, but her sword's might be enough. She chanted to herself as another tree came, down, almost breaking her focus. She was scared, not afraid to admit. Ever since she was young, fire was something that had always frightened her. But she had to do something.

Her incantation finished, a bolt of lightning shot from the tip of the sword, flying at Shiris. Please work, if only for a moment.

Bullet was tiring. He couldn't dance forever. The mercenary began frantically scanning the ground for something else to throw. He rolled backwards, spotting a flaming branch, about as long as a typical longsword. It would have to do. He grabbed it, making sure not to get scorched. If he could just find some way to advance...

He spotted his chance when a bolt of lightning came from the wolf-girl's hiding place. Bullet spotted the opportunity and charged. He ran as fast as he could, hoping he wouldn't extinguish the flame on his weapon. He swung, aiming for his opponent's casting arm. If he could somehow stop her from casting, the fight would be much less one-sided. After his swing (regardless of whether or not it hit), he followed the motion with a flurry of punches aimed at the girl's jaw. The mercenary didn't hold back this time. If he messed up this fight, it would more than likely be his last.

Edited by Camtech086

Shiris screeched with joy as another tree fell to the ground aflame, when the man suddenly turned around and charged at her, wielding a flaming branch. <What was with the sudden change in tactics? Or perhaps this was the mans last death rush? No matter> She raised her hand to deal the finishing blow, when a surge of energy zipped past her head and into the tree beside her. It didn't take a genius to figure out who was behind the attack, she scowled, having lost her concentration her flames withered into thin air.

Apparently was what the eavesdropper had be waiting for, focusing her concentration entirely on her fingertips she tried the same maneuvere she'd tried earlier and swung out of the branches path, the branch smacking right into the tree beside her. She could feel her hair being singe'd and she wasn't at all pleased. To add injury to insult (yes, that's in the right order) the main levelled a punch at her, the first of which missed completely, it certainly didn't help to have sweat constantly trickling into ones eyes, as if the black smoke around them wasn't obstructing their views enough. The second she felt clip her ear, but in a situation like this, such pain could wait until later. The third however connected with her left arm, and she thought she could hear the sickening cracking of bones over the roaring fire.

Letting our a screech of agony, but not giving into the pain just yet. Her right hand which was still clutching onto the tree beside her creaked loudly as her hand melted through the core of the tree. Jumping back, she raised her good hand at the man summoning a ball of flame at the mans hips. "Check" she wheezed as the man dodged the attack,

But which way had he dodged? Forward? Into the flames? Surely not. Left? or maybe right? Not with the tree coming down. at that angle. She smirked as the tree fell infront of her eyes replacing her view of the man with a burning fallen tree. He' wouldn't be coming around anytime soon, if she had to make her escape, there was no better time then now. But making her retreat was something she didn't have to do. Afterall, the man she'd fought was surrounded by a wall of flames right about now. Surrounded by the fallen flaming tree's that she'd been felling from the very start.

She cackled wickedly before turning her attention towards the bushes behind her. The hiding place of that vile mutt. Summoning flames from the pit of her powers a large flame appeared flickering dangerously in her free arm. "Come out little doggie, I've got a present for you~" she chortled sluggishly looking through the bushes for Amera.

Edited by Kanami

Bullet, for the third time that day, was regretting having not thought things through properly. After finishing up his fistwork, he'd almost been nailed in the stomach by a fireball. He saw the obvious way to dodge, but also saw that if he went that way, his return path would be cut off by a flaming tree trunk. So he defied all common sense and dodged away from the fireball... into the flames.

As he tried not to contemplate the fact that he would probably need a ridiculous amount of attention from a healer after this was over, it occurred to Bullet that the very reason he was in the fire at the moment was that he wanted to avoid getting burned. Watching the spellcaster search out the other girl, Bullet slumped out of the flames behind the girl. He had an almost perfect chance. He lunged at her, going for one final blow before he succumbed to his injuries. His fist, scorched from the flames, was probably hot enough to burn anything he struck.

However, before his blow landed, he collapsed, totally limp. The mercenary's strength was spent. He could barely muster enough strength to crawl away slowly, trying not to think about the fact that he was more than likely going to die.

With a shaky resolve, Amera clutched her sword, standing from her hiding spot to face Shiris. Seeing fire all around, her body filled with anxiety; dread spreading throughout all her limbs, making them shake. I can't take it, I can't! Her legs were shaking too much to stand, and she fell right back down to where she was hiding before. Her ears folded down, and she started to cry. Her tail wrapped around her stomach in a meager attempt to protect herself with it.

"I don't want to die here..." she whimpered, letting her sword go and holding herself as panic entered her mind. Horrible memories of her childhood were coming back; the first time she tried to use a fire spell and almost burned down the school.

"Shiris... Please, stop..." She looked up at her with teary eyes, before she shut them, hoping that the next time they opened the fire would be gone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dirk had just left the village as the first fireball had been thrown. He ducked back behind the gate, watching the witch toss flaming death at the unarmed man. He was too afraid to do anything; he was just a lowly soldier. After the fighting had gotten to its peak, and the man finally struck the witch, Dirk sprang from his hiding place, hoping to help finish her off, but a tree fell, blocking any attempt of him getting to her. He watched the man jump into the flames, only to emerge once more, and fall down. He presumed him dead, but rushed over anyway. A wall of fire blocked his path, but Dirk jumped through it, searing his face a little, his armor protecting most of his body.

"Hey, hey! You still alive?!" He asked, shouting above the sound of the crackling flame as he prodded a hand at the man. "Come on, if you're still alive, I have to get you out of here! Anything, say anything, do anything!"

Edited by seph1212

"Ok men, we should be at Barhara soon if you all keep quiet and don't pull anything," the guard captain said sternly, having grabbed Heran and smacked him around for a bit.

"Heran, what the hell do you think you're doing? Get in the back now. And stay there. And shut up for god's sakes or else I'm going to have to do something to you."

"Bah, humbug."

Slowly the squad of Chalphy men continued on the road to Barhara, hoping to god Heran would not try to sing again.

"How much do you charge for your services?”

Estevan started to think for a moment. The silver paladin never put a price tag on his work, he would accept how much the client could pay. But this person was a noble, would overcharging her be a big deal? He still had enough money to last him for a day or two so he didn't need as much money as he would normally charge.

"Well, to be honest, no one ever asked me that question as far as I remember. I would usually just take what the Client could provide... 100 gold pieces, maybe that would be enough to get my horse some real care..." That was when she beckoned a knight to get off his Stallion and bring it over to him. The horse seemed healthier and stronger then the one he left back in Rivough. Estevan mounted onto the warhorse. "Thank you, Milady. As for the payment, I would appreciate it if I receive it at the end of the mission."

It didn't take long for Shiris to find the vile mutt curled up weeping, whether it was cruel fate or the sobbing that had lured her she wasn't sure. But then again it didn't matter.

"Stop? Why would I stop? You disgusting mongrel?" she asked sarcastically giving the unconscious girl(?) a good kick. Grimacing in pain as the adrenaline started coming down and the pain in her arm started flowing through her. Her eyes flickering with hesitation for only a second before they once again reflected the flames around them. "Should have thought of that before trying to strike me down with you petty spell wench"

She poised herself ready to deal the final blow when she heard shouting behind her "Tch, more meddlers" she grunted clicking her tongue with irritation. Giving the girl another kick in the head she turned and tossed her ball of flame at the unsuspecting soldier.

Rafael was staring at the outskirts of Velthomer, thinking but mostly a bit concerned "How in the world did I got here?" asked Rafael embarrassed "I swear that a moment ago I was looking for Damian's tent, but...I guess that mercenary deceived me. Damn, this is not good." said Rafael, talking to himself. He then picked his sword for a moment, the only memento he kept of his old life in Chalphy. "If that cursed Alvis didn't choose the wrong path, everything would be as it used to be...Those memories still haunt me from the past."

Son, get out of here now!

Father, what's going on?!

You, get my son out of here, we'll buy you some time to get away as far as you can!

But Sir-

Do as you're ordered!

"...I need to let go the past, father and mother allowed me to live on. I'll make them proud." he then unsheathed his sword and pointed it to the Yied Shrine direction "Manfroy, my father knew you were up to nothing good, he paid the price and you did later on. Now, I'll make sure whatever you left won't threaten the world once again."

He then sheathed his sword and head back to Velthomer, still looking for Damian's tent to talk with him.

((Not unconscious, just trying to imagine it away XD Childish, yes, but she's panicking))

"I-I thought we were frien- Aaagh!" She yelped, taking the kick in the stomach and getting knocked back, rolling a few times. She struggled to get herself up, holding herself up on her arms. There were no thoughts in her head anymore; too many of them racing about to think straight. Her vision was starting to fade, as she finally managed to get back on her feet. Shiris was barely audible now, and everything was getting blurry.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dirk only barely to get his arm up as the fireball smacked into him, burning the leather off of his arm and sending him flying back. "AAAAAGH!" He screamed, the burn on his arm sending a spike of pain up through his entire body.

"I've got to get out of here... But I can't just leave him, dead or not!" With his one good arm, Dirk grabbed onto the back of Bullet's shirt, hoisting the man onto his back. He jumped through the flames once more, his adrenaline the only thing keeping him from not screaming out in pain. He limped back to the village, yelling out for a healer as he made it into the main gate, Bullet held around his shoulder now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Amera couldn't hear anything anymore, but she still felt Shiris's kick to her face as she was knocked down once again. Her vision had gone dark, and she could only feel her arms, barely, as they tried to hold her up, but couldn't. Amera was going, but something inside of her was waking up. She didn't want to die, and it didn't want to let her. Her eyes glazed, her pupils becoming slanted. The adrenaline rushing to keep her alive was awakening her animal side, and these instincts were only focused on surviving. Surviving meant getting rid of Shiris.

As if a new life had been breathed into Amera, she snarled, managing to pull herself up onto all fours, before pouncing onto Shiris, howling as she did.

Edited by seph1212

Shiris smirked at the fleeing man, she'd failed to kill him but it'd teach him not to mess with her if their paths ever crossed again. Though that man he carried off with him.... <Ah well, fool won't survive even if it was the man she'd defeated earlier> As she was reveling in the sense of power a sudden howl caught her off guard. Pinning her to the ground.

Panic running through her mind at the sudden attack she let out a burst of flames, above her hoping it would be enough to make the putrid creature back away.

Edited by Kanami

(Short posting, go!))

Her teeth revealed, she tried to bite Shiris's shoulder, before the fire knocked her off. She rolled as she hit the ground, trying to put out most of the flames, before getingt back on all fours, circling Shiris while she growled. The low rumbling noise almost chiming in with the fire's crackling, and Amera was slowly creeping closer, planning her next attack.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dirk had brought the man to the church in the middle of town, paying for his and the man's injures.

"If he lives, tell him who helped him. I've got something I need to do..."

With this, Dirk left, heading back to the village exit. If he waited for the witch to leave, he could get his chance at the girl, even if this was a cowardly act.

Edited by seph1212

Rafael was finally arriving back at town, having just passed to the outskirts of Velthomer. "Hey you there!" shouted Rafael at the mercenary he talked to earlier that day, the one that tricked him when he was looking for Damian. "Can I help you with something man?" replied the mercenary uncaring, as if he was challenging his authority.

"Why did you tricked me? The instructions you gave me lead me to the outskirts of town?!" replied Rafael pissed of, the mercenary simply let go a laugh and turned around to leave.

"You wanna know why buddy? We're mercenaries. Times like this force us to get the most money we need." he was already walking taking his distance from Rafael "You know what? I know you're not fit to be a leader, it serves me better." He finally left him alone.

"...So they realize it. Why are they sticking around then? Money? Trust? A promise?" Rafael asked himself. He finally found Damian's tent, hence he thought of talking with him already.

"Hey Damian, do you have a minute?"

So this is it.

That was the only thing Bullet could think as he slowly tried to escape from the cackling pyromaniac behind him. He was sure that he would be noticed sooner or later, and he knew he couldn't survive a direct hit. However, the girl seemed to have other things to worry about. Namely, locating her other opponent. He didn't bother wondering about it. Right now, his concern was finding someone who could help him before he finally succumbed to his injuries. As luck would have it, though, he passed out right as he reached the edge of the flames.

~~TimeSkip~~

Bullet awoke, lying on a bed in the local church. He sat up, wincing at his injuries. Someone had obviously let a healer at him, but who? The mercenary began getting out of bed when he noticed a note on the table next to him. Curious, he opened it. The note pretty much confirmed what he had suspected, that the soldier from earlier had followed the wolf-girl and rescued the injured mercenary. Bullet made a mental note to thank the soldier if he ever had a chance.

Edited by Camtech086

<Argh> Shiris grimaced as the wolf began circling her, <Should've killed the wench when I had the chance, these monsters are a pain once they awaken>. A few moments passed, Shiris knew that her best chance at surviving would be to flee, but turning her back to these simple-minded beasts would be an act of suicide. And in all honesty, it was time for her to withdraw, she may be the enchantress of fire, but that didn't make her flesh immune from burning, nor her mind immune from the intense heat. And the fire-resistant cloak of hers would keep her safe forever.

Her eyes flickered from side to side, looking for a tree to fell, if she could somehow create a barrier between herself and the mutt she'd be free. Unfortunately though, she'd already felled most of the tree's in the vicinity, and the others had caught fallen naturally by the spreading fire. Shrugging the idea off retreat off she smirked, pouring most of strength into one last fireball, well not one last, she could still keep going but it would probably be at the expense of some permanent damage to her body.

"Goodbye Puppy" she snickered before rushing at the canine, fireball poised in her hand.

Damian was done putting away the tomes by the time Rafael arrived. Or at least, the ones he wanted to hide. A few other tomes were still on top of a desk, but at least for those Damian knew it wouldn't be trouble to have them there. Turning around, he waited for Rafael to enter, which he did sooon enough.

''Ah, Sir Rafael.'' He greeted as soon as the man was inside. ''To what can I owe you this visit?''