Drafting Tournaments Explained

Integrity

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We'll figure it out when you want the draft to start.

Bear in mind that we'll have to find participants and get drafting done after the thread is created, so budget based on that.

hey integrity

minor nitpick in OP!

Let's say my Spanish love, Donna, creates a thread in the FE8 forum. She wants a draft!

this should say "this Draft forum", shouldn't it?

And the person who presented FE3 Drafts hasn't cleared either of the two existant drafts.

...I gotta work on that sometime.

On that note, It'd be nice to try and put together a proper FE3 ruleset. Some of my ideas were silly, especially the penalties, but making Julian and Ricardo free might be a good idea. Possibly even non-Marth warping, except for the final chapters.

Righteous.

Anyway, to dig something up from a couple days back and get things progressing, I slapped some clarity modifications on 13's FE12 Generic Ruleset. I want feedback before I edit it into the OP, obviously, since I've never drafted this game. Especially on Rules 3, since I have no idea what that entails.

After this, we'll attack an FE3 Generic Ruleset con gusto.

[spoiler=FE12 Generic Ruleset]Drafting:

1. This draft is for 7 players

2. Marth, Arran, Feena, and Rickard are free for all.

3. The game will be played on (difficulty).

Rules:

1. Undrafted units may recruit characters, visit houses, trade, and shop.

2. Undrafted units may not do anything not listed above, including but not limited to opening chests/doors.

3. All characters are free for Prologue chapters. (?)

4. You are free to reclass undrafted units to whatever you want.

Other:

1. Forging, the Rainbow Potion, Lunatic Statboosters and use of Wi-fi features are strictly prohibited.

2. The game must be played out to the True Ending.

3. Male Class Set Combination is fine.

4. Warp and Rescue may not be used on Marth.

Penalties:

1. Undrafted units have a 4-turn penalty, per unit per chapter.

Teams:

(names go here.)

[spoiler=units remaining]

Luke

Rody

Cecille

Gordin

Ryan

Draug

Malliesia

Catria

Warren

Cord

Linde

Palla

Bord

Julian

Matthis

Wrys

Ogma

Yumina

Yubello

Sirius

Castor

Caeda

Barst

Frey

Norne

Samto

Wendell

Caesar

Radd

Navarre

Cain

Bantu

Roger

Jeorge

Minerva

Etzel

Merric

Ellerean

Dice

Malice

Horace

Jake

Darros

Robert

Belf

Leiden

Beck

Athena

Xane

Tiki

Est

Dolph

Abel

Macellan

Astram

Katarina

Tomas

Sheema

Samson

Frost

Rohsea

Vyland

Sedgar

Wolf

Midia

Ymir

Michalis

Nagi

EDIT: And because I have a love of useless trivia:

draftlog.jpg

What is this abomination of handwriting, Integrity?

I went back through all 50 pages as a sort of anniversary thing and tabled every time somebody either corrected something in the OP, provided new data (recruitment lists, such) or gave me a draft log or a turncount. One chit, one post.

As it stands:

Radiant Dragon is WAY in the lead with 27 posts.

Darros holds Silver with 18, Horace right behind with 17. Eclipse is in fourth with 13, 13th is in fifth with 11 and everybody else is sub-10.

But there are TWO BIG CHECK MARKS next to Radiant Dragon and Red Fox. RD gave me all the original Generic Rulesets (<3) and RFoF did all that code box fun I loved SO MUCH and also did her mod magic to keep us afloat.

Happy 50th page, DTE!

Edited by Integrity

Depending on whether or not you think there are things that need to be ironed out, etc., you could discuss it here or just start it?

Also, does anyone have a list of all the 'speshul' drafts (IE, Knickerbocker-kickerbocker, SOYO, SupportChain, etc.) that people have come up with?

Arright, after a long and productive talk with Kopfjager we have a working prototype of 13's FE12 rules. It's hardly recognizable anymore, but there it is!

Gratz DTE! *Festive*

I have some things of note on the Fe12 ruleset however,

It might be handy to put a turn limit on prologue chapters I took quite some gordin grinding turns in P-8 with the throne and a hunter on it. Or maybe just say that Grinding on thrones/forts is prohibited. Something like that. Also, If you get both Gordin and Athena, or both Draug and Ogma, or both Cain and Est, you should have the freedom to choose whichever you want.

Warp skipping rule is not good enough yet, I was in the position of warping a bishop, dance the Warper, rescue the warper with the warped, and rescue marth with the rescued warper. It uses only one more use of the rescue staff, however, in a place like chapter 19 it can save you five turns.

Rescue chains should be prohibited as well.

Pretty sure that the rule states that you cannot rescue with a previously warped person, unless integ words it differently.

and I don't think rescue-chains would be too big an issue, at least for anyone but the person who drafts mallesia, since everyone else is likely to have broken their rescue staves all over the place.

Sal: The wording prevents exactly that WRT Warping.

Prologue chapters, as it stands, have their turns counted (since it's not expressly provided for) so grinding would be senseless.

Also in the log, KJ.

(FE11) Random Reclass Thingy Draft finished drafting quite a while ago but I got a bit distracted with all the other drafts I joined -_-.

Naglfar- Abel, Draug, Bord, Castor, Minerva, Dolph, Roger, Vyland, Jeorge, Lorenz

Blues- Barst, Sedgar, Navarre, Radd, Caesar, Beck, Xane, Arran, Est, Samson

eclipse- Cain, Cord, Wolf, Wendell, Jake, Matthis, Tomas, Horace , Etzel, Elice

Dr. Will- Julian, Merric, Gordin, Darros, Roshea, Tiki, Midia, Ymir, Astram, Macellan

PKL- Caeda, Ogma, Hardin, Athena, Catria, Rickard, Palla, Lena, Wrys, Boah

Edited by PegKnightLover