Drafting Tournaments Explained

Integrity

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'd like to say a special thanks to people like doofina who actually know how to format this shit

there probably will be errors but it's a hell of a lot better than most of these were submitted

FE4

(Shin Patch)
[b][u]IP CHATS REVENGE[/b][/u] #41604
Xin'dy; Essbee; *Darros; Shin

FE6

[b][u]Best Game Ever[/b][/u] #42265
Randa; *King Marth in 196 turns; EpicTurtle; JSND; Quintessence

FE7

[b][u]CHUMP Draft[/b][/u] #40988
BBM; ZM in 157 turns; *SRC; Essbee; Refa

[b][u]Screw FE13[/b][/u] #41686
*ZM in 147 tuns; Essbee; King Marth in 152 turns; Randa; JNSD in 159 turns

[b][u]RNG Draft #2[/b][/u] #41858 
Essbee in 147 turns; Ciarre in 167 turns; ZM in 170 turns; #sharp; ddxgrsd

[b][u]RNG Draft #2 Version 2.0[/b][/u] #41901
Invader ZM; Ciarre in 146 turns; Essbee; Gregor; *Quintessence in 153 turns

[b][u]Vanilla/RR Double Play[/b][/u] #42932
BBM; ZM in 144 turns for Vanilla; General Horace; *Jedi; Refa
FE8

[b][u]Valni Palooza[/b][/u] #42697
Xander; *ZM; Breezy; Essbee; 

FE10

[b][u]Pick By Part Draft[/b][/u] #41141
*Dinfinitysignfina in 171 turns; Sol Man; Hawk King; Quintessense; Randa

[b][u]Quint told me to; also insert obligatory best game title here[/b][/u] #42471
Ciarre; *PKL; bearclaw95; Professor Palutena; Quintessence
FE11

[b][u]FE11 RNG[/b][/u] #41950
Refa in 149 turns; Folgore Red II; Shin; General Horace in 137 turns; *Essbee

FE13

[b][u]There aren't nearly enough of these.[/b][/u] #40892
JNSD in 83 turns; Randa; Essbee in 60 turns; *Bearclaw13

[b][u]Weirdest draft ever[/b][/u] #41047
bearclaw13; JNSD; General Horace; *Randa in 71 turns

[b][u]Back Seat Driver Draft[/b][/u] #41507
Essbee in 146 turns; General Horace in 153 turns; bearclaw13; *SRC

[b][u]Sausages Only Yodel Once (SOYO)[/b][/u] #41594
bearclaw13*; Quintessence in 102 turns; Essbee; General Horace

[b][u]Let'sa Go[/b][/u] #4104
Essbee; *ZM; Aeine; bearclaw13

[b][u]Wacky Reclass Draft[/b][/u] #41596
*PKL; Quintessence in 94 turns; Randa; bearclaw13; JSND

[b][u]#YOLO[/b][/u] #41864
Quintessence; Soul; Lonely Wallcrab; Randa

[b][u]Single Combat Draft[/b][/u] #42291
*CT075; Quintessence; Essbee in 98 turns; MJThom

[b][u]DRAFTS ALWAYS START WHEN I'M ASLEEP[/b][/u] #42539
Quintessence; Randa; bearclaw95; *Vapo

[b][u]NO PAIR UP ALLOWED[/b][/u] #42807
Essbee, CT075, Ice Sage, *General Horace, PKL

Superdrafts

[b][u]Tellius tag team 2013[/b][/u] #40992
PKL for FE9 feat. Quintessence for FE10
Doofina for FE9 feat. CR in 166 turns for FE10
Chiki for FE9 feat. Bearclaw for FE10
*Randa for FE9 feat. Turtle: for FE10

let's make a psa about why it took so long for me to be fucked to update the logs

1: sb is the best person in the world right now

2: for the love of christ people, the only reason i can fathom for some of the posts that get made is that people don't actually look at the logs - and if people don't actually look at the logs, why are they here?

A couple drafts here finished drafting that I was too incompetent to notice.

[FE13] Let'sa Go #41046:

SB: Sully+Kjelle, Morgan, Ricken, Gaius, Gregor, Nowi+Nah, Inigo

*ZM: Sumia+Cynthia, Cherche+Gerome, Libra, Vaike, Henry, Maribelle+Brady, Flavia

Aeine: Stahl, Cordelia+Severa, Lon'qu, Tharja+Noire, Lissa+Owain, Tiki, Donnel

Da Bear: Panne+Yarne, Anna, Miriel+Laurent, Kellam, Virion, Say'ri, Basilio

(I MIGHT ACTUALLY DO THIS I HAVE CYNTHIA <3)

[FE7] CHUMP Draft #40988:

BBM: Florina, Lucius, Bartre/Karla, Dart, Pent, Harken, Nino

ZM: Fiora, Canas, Dorcas, Matthew, Isadora, Wil, Karel

*SRC: Lowen, Erk, Raven, Guy, Rebecca, Louise, Legault

SB: Sain, Kent, Rath, Priscilla, Farina, Vaida,

Refa: Heath, Eliwood, Oswin, Lyn, Serra, Hawkeye, Jaffar

i haven't kept teams in the logs since (no hyperbole) last november

[FE13] Wacky Reclass Draft #41596

*PKL, Quintessence, Randa, bearclaw13, JSND

PKL: Myrmidon!Stahl, Dark Mage!Cordelia + Dark Mage!Severa, Thief!Panne + Thief!Yarne, Archer!Ricken, Archer!Lucina, Cleric!Sumia + Cleric!Cynthia, Villager!Donnel alias "NO"

Quintessence: Troubadour!Miriel + Barbarian!Laurent, Archer!Stahl, Thief!Vaike, Archer!Morgan, Libra, Cleric!Cherche + Priest!Gerome, Priest!Kellam

Randa: Fighter!Gaius, Mage!Nowi + Mage!Nah, Mage!Virion, Troubadour!Cherche + Priest!Gerome, Archer!Anna, Cleric!Lissa + Priest!Owain, Trickster!Flavia

bearclaw13: Myrmidon!Sully + Myrmidon!Kjelle, Barbarian!Gregor, Thief!Lon'qu, Archer!Tharja + Archer!Noire, Mage!Maribelle + Mage!Brady, Inigo, Mage!Tiki

JSND: Knight!Sumia + Knight!Cynthia, Thief!Kellam, Knight!Tharja + Knight!Noire, Barbarian!Henry, General!Basilio, Say'ri, General!Flavia

even when i kept teams in the logs i edited the classes out when people started doing that for fe11/randomreclass because it took up a billion characters (har har) that it doesn't need to

#40665 finished in 234 turns.

who the fuck are you

yes i did hit show name history and figured out you're baldo but it wasn't immediately apparent

41507 in 153 turns

this post is literally perfect as long as the draft is in the logs

so what do i want from you

1: read the logs and just format your shit like i format my shit. it decreases my headache 100% (or in this case decreases sb's headache). that's

hi integrity we finnished making a fe1 draft

[b][u]topic name[/u][/b] #topicnumber
name; name; *thestarindicateshost; name in 69 turns

2: i don't care if the draft was fun or bad or if donnel killed everything, i need two things from you when you report a clear:

a way to find the draft (like, say, the five digit easy to search for topic number)

your score

if you have those two things (and you haven't undergone a massive name change BALDRICK that i don't know about) you can blather about anything else you want

horace's post was literally perfect as long as the draft is in the logs. i guess maximum efficiency would be to omit the "turns" because i don't need it (context!) but whatever

not sure if the draft is in the logs? too lazy to look?

covers yer bases. i'd rather the topic number be a little more visible, but it's there just by hovering over the url so it's pretty easy to get to, and if the draft happens to not be in the log well i have a convenient link there to make it myself (obviously effort may prohibit this from happening)

also i don't know if it happened in this update thanks to sb but it definitely happened last time i updated - for the love of crap if you're going to be minimalist like i like it and just give the topic number and no other identifying features, get the topic number right. :P

anyway updated god bless the sb forever

oops doublepost but this also needed to be logged

[b][u]Really bad idea draft[/u][/b] 42887
Rein; Doofina*; JBCWK; Jedi; Terrador; Ciarre
(for FE10)

just to point out, the underlining of the draft titles are inconsistent in the FE9-13 post because the ones SB logged are underlined but everything else isn't, while everything is underlined in the FE1-8 post.

there's also an extra bold tag right here in the fe13 section> (there should also be another linebreak there, two drafts are stuck together right there)

This Will Be Fun?[/b] #40633

*Randa, Hawk King, bearclaw13, Difinitysignfina

Edited by Ciarre

• 2 weeks later...

just to point out, the underlining of the draft titles are inconsistent in the FE9-13 post because the ones SB logged are underlined but everything else isn't, while everything is underlined in the FE1-8 post.

confirmed issue and i do not want to troubleshoot it right now

this weekend praps

• 1 month later...
[b][u]Really bad idea draft[/u][/b] 42887
Rein; Doofina*; JBCWK; Jedi; Terrador; Ciarre
(for FE10)

finished this in 162 turns

also finished 38677 in 146 turns, I dunno if I reported it before. oh oops I did

Edited by Ciarre

• 3 weeks later...

It's been a (very) long time, but now that I'm no longer moving every other month I have the time be active on the forum again. Plus, I can work on my draft backlog.

I'm somewhat interested in joining an Awakening draft, but I'm a little curious about some of the rules:

Extra:

1. A unit that activates Galeforce may not move. Taking another action with Galeforce other than using a healing item is worth a penalty of 10 turns.
2. The Rescue staff can only be used once per turn.

Why not just ban Galeforce and Rescue altogether? I understand they're not broken in their current incarnations, but I'm just wondering why these provisions were made.

4. Frederick is forbidden from pairing with a unit unless he's in the lead after Chapter 5. Exception: Paralogues

I can't say I understand the reasoning for this one, unfortunately. To prevent the 'one dude solos the entire enemy army' playstyle? Why make an exception for Paralogues?

Why not just ban Galeforce and Rescue altogether? I understand they're not broken in their current incarnations, but I'm just wondering why these provisions were made.

That's pretty much why.

I can't say I understand the reasoning for this one, unfortunately. To prevent the 'one dude solos the entire enemy army' playstyle? Why make an exception for Paralogues?

This actually isn't standard, it was just in the ruleset Integ nabbed iirc.

Because he's the best partner for the best first picks: Sumia Sully Cordelia Panne and he was always being given for free to them. It was an experiment though.

Because he's the best partner for the best first picks: Sumia Sully Cordelia Panne and he was always being given for free to them. It was an experiment though.

How did the experiment turn out? I've been looking but haven't found that draft yet.

[b][FE10] Quint told me to, also insert obligatory best game title here[/b] #42471
Ciarre, *PKL, bearclaw95, Professor Palutena, Quintessence in 170 turns
Teams:

Hurr: Edward, Soren, Boyd, Janaff, Laura, Makalov, Heather, Sanaki, Tibarn, Vika, Mist, Bastian

ChumPKL: Jill, Marcia, Nephenee, Mia, Aran, Rhys, Nailah, Rolf, Ranulf, Skrimir, Kyza, Ena

bearsoul95: Titania, Zihark, Shinon, Nealuchi, Volug, Ulki, Mordecai, Astrid, Naesala, Lethe, Lyre, Meg

Durr: Nolan, Ilyana, Gatrie, Sigrun, Lucia, Kieran, Tauroneo, Tormod, Fiona, Nasir, Caineghis, Giffca

Quint: Oscar, Elincia, Tanith, Calill, Leonardo, Muarim, Brom, Danved, Pelleas, Stefan, Renning, Gareth

Cleared this in 170 turns, this team was awesome Edited by Quintessence

• 1 month later...

[FE13-Lun Cla] I need an excuse to unlock Lunatic+ again, my save got erased! #46739

Jedisupersorry, *PKL, Ice Sage

Edited by PKL

• 3 weeks later...