Drafting Tournaments Explained

Integrity

I dunno if you want this here or not. It's FE, but not one of the normal games, it's a totally custom hack.

[b][u]The Last Promise: The Draft. [/b][/u] #34723 
*Kopfjager: Karina, Kevin, Shuuda, Noah, Gary, Howard, Alice, Shadow, Rana
Cyron: Inanna, Cia, Eduardo, Logan, Zach, Mark, Sai, Leopold, Frederick
CR: Corben, Lirin, Itsuke, Lyam, Levion, Rex, Haas, Yue, Risk
Serious Bananas: Ace, Ben, Storm, Asch, Emma, Tekun, Arthur, Liquid, Rachel = 263 turn clear

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know what? I don't know, either. Thoughts from people?

My druthers would be to put it under the same section as whatever ROM it's based off of.

Ain't a promo item by my reckoning.

Obviously, though, my word is overruled by the collective word of your draft host and drafting peers per a single draft so it's not necessarily gospel.

I was just hoping there was some loophole I didnt know about. Im doing my 1st FE7 draft and I just realized only 2 drafters can get it without taking a penalty...

FE7 drafts bug me even more now.

What can you even buy with the Member Card, though? I mean, it's not FE6 where you can get fucking Boots with it.

(honest question: i seriously can't remember)

What can you even buy with the Member Card, though? I mean, it's not FE6 where you can get fucking Boots with it.

(honest question: i seriously can't remember)

Barriers and torch for your warp user, mainly, from the C22 shop.

Hey Integ. Lucina and I came up with a new ruleset for FE9 that seems to work a lot better for overall character balance. Unpromoted units can get 100 BEXP per base, promoted units can get 50 BEXP per base. Marcia and Jill have 0.00 initial BEXP to make them a bit more beatable. They also cannot use the chapter 10 and 11 seal. We think the BEXP limit works better than 50 at making meh units more useful in drafts. Please consider making it standard.

Also, proposing that 2-1 and 3-P are free in FE10 drafts. Because the first is an RNG fest that annoys everyone that has drafted FE10, myself included. And 3-P because Skrimir's AI is too unreliable and LTC'ing the map with such little amount of units is usually more about luck than skill.

[FE10] Rout Draft has finished drafting!

[u][b]Rout Draft[/b][/u] #34884
Red Fox of Fire - Titania, Ilyana, Marcia, Naesala, Heather, Meg, Ranulf, Volke, Kurthnaga
Aere - Nolan, Mia, Janaff, Tibarn, Laura, Caineghis, Tauroneo, Renning, Oliver
Ice Sage - Jill, Elincia, Ulki, Calill, Skrimir, Rolf, Giffca, Nasir, Gareth
Xander - Edward, Nailah, Nealuchi, Shinon, Rhys, Lethe, Danved, Mist, Ena
PKL - Boyd, Zihark, Tanith, Leonardo, Kieran, Brom, Muarim, Lyre, Bastian
Serious Bananas - Oscar, Aran, Soren, Mordecai, Lucia, Sanaki, Makalov, Kyza, Stefan
CR-S01 - Volug, Nephenee, Gatrie, Sigrun, Tormod, Astrid, Fiona, Vika, Pelleas

Expect really high turn counts if anyone finishes.

I still think 27-2 should be free in FE9 drafts. Can't see any reason not to.

Edited by Red Fox of Fire

I still think 27-2 should be free in FE9 drafts. Can't see any reason not to.

Yeah, it should be free.

@Integ- there's a draft already with the rules. So far, its a lot more enjoyable imo. But I understand that there is not enough testing for it. As soon as that one's finished, there will be another one with same rules :P.

100 bexp is too much if you ask me it deafeats the point of limiting Bexp use. Although, having Marcia and Jill's intial Bexp be 0.00 is probably best.

27-2 most certainly should be free. It allows Nasir to actually exist.

barriers are pretty nice in HHM drafts to be fair. Nothing pure waters' can't fix, but the staff is definately a lot better to have.

HHM drafts usually have Matthew free for thieving, don't they? I've only joined one thus far, so I'm ignorant on the matter.

should probably log that draft PKL's talking about

[b][u]The Ultimate FE9 Draft[/b][/u] [u][b]#35038[/b][/u]
Lucina*: Marcia, Mist, Tormod, Mia, Gatrie, Makalov, Devdan, Ena/Nasir
Jedi: Jill, Lethe, Zihark, Calill, Shinon, Stefan, Geoffery, Ena/Nasir
Shinori: Oscar, Soren, Nephenee, Brom, Volke, Haar, Largo, Ulki
PKL: Tanith, Mordecai, Ilyana, Astrid, Rhys, Sothe, Rolf, Lucia
Ghost Nappa: Kieran, Boyd, Maurim, Elincia, Ranulf, Janaff, Bastian, Tauroneo

[u][b]Random Route Split and "Screw Micaiah" Draft[/b][/u] #35052
Jedi: Edward, Boyd, Nealuchi, Laura, Mia, Shinon, Tormod, Heather, Makalov, Giffca, Danved, Ena
CR-S01 (Ghost Drafter): Nolan, Elincia, Marcia, Gatrie, Nailah, Tibarn, Naesala, Mordecai, Rhys, Caineghis, Meg, Oliver
*PKL: Jill, Nephenee, Ilyana, Zihark, Janaff, Rolf, Lucia, Sanaki, Ranulf, Astrid, Stefan, Kyza
Quintessence: Titania, Soren, Tanith, Leonardo, Calill, Tauroneo, Pelleas, Muarim, Lethe, Nasir, Renning, Kurthnaga
Lucina: Volug, Oscar, Aran, Sigrun, Brom, Kieran, Ulki, Fiona, Skrimir, Vika, Bastian, Volke

100 bexp is too much if you ask me it deafeats the point of limiting Bexp use. Although, having Marcia and Jill's intial Bexp be 0.00 is probably best.

27-2 most certainly should be free. It allows Nasir to actually exist.

Nope. It makes a lot more characters a viable pick. Its not broken at all. Stealthing chapter 10 is actually an option with 100 BEXP. And you run out of BEXP really quickly. Makes you learn how to manage it better. Like, I drafted Rhys originally thinking I could promote him to Rescue quickly, but due to lack of BEXP ive had to compromise his BEXP for Ilyana and Rolf. Its a lot better to have 100 than 50 from what Ive seen. Footie units have been contributing a lot more with this.

Question for FE 7 and 11 drafts: For those Gaidens that are free up to 20 turns taken. Are undrafted units free to be used? I guess Chp 27-2 in the most recent FE9 draft also applies. Can you take a penalty in a free chapter?

I've always assumed no, but I was just thinking about this.

This may or may not answer your question, but in FE5 gaidens, some people use Lara or Lifis to grab treasure, and Fred is kinda tough to keep out of combat in another gaiden, so they take a 4 turn penalty and finish the chapter in 16 turns

Are the gaidens free tho?

Specifically, Im on Chp 23x in a FE7 HHM draft. Im wondering if I can bring an undrafted Serra or Pricilla to heal my units instead of chugging down all of my vulneraries.

The gaiden is free for 20 turns, are undrafted units also free to be used or do penalties still apply in free chapters?

Looking at Horace's example (I believe Gaidens are free in FE5), undrafteds are not free, but if your TC + Penalties for that chapter is less than 20, your TC wouldn't go up. So you could bring Serra, finish in 16 turns, and your TC wouldn't go up.

Make sure you ask your draft host though before you do it, they might have a different way of looking at it.