Drafting Tournaments Explained

Integrity

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was intending to propose the latter after I cooled down from the logs reformat. The former I have no feelings on one way or another, so it may as well go through too.

Since you pushed the issue through, who has objections to those rules being implemented?

i feel no leg ring on lords is overpowering for the people with leaf and dancers, and there's always going to be one person without them and i feel they just won't be able to compete.

Ardan I have no objections with.

edit: actually i don't really care because if i make any more i'm just gonna do leg ring lords anyway.

Edited by General Horace

While we're talking about new rule changes, I think the trainee tower rule (Amelia to Lv.10/1, Ewan to Lv.10/5, and I've sometimes seen it extended to Marisa Lv.10 but not often) should be added to the FE8 generic rules under the exceptions.

I'm also wondering why it says Vanessa can rescue Ross in Ch.2 even if she's undrafted, considering that undrafted units can rescue NPCs (which Ross is) without penalty. Just seems like it's taking up excess space in the ruleset.

While we're talking about new rule changes, I think the trainee tower rule (Amelia to Lv.10/1, Ewan to Lv.10/5, and I've sometimes seen it extended to Marisa Lv.10 but not often) should be added to the FE8 generic rules under the exceptions.

I'm also wondering why it says Vanessa can rescue Ross in Ch.2 even if she's undrafted, considering that undrafted units can rescue NPCs (which Ross is) without penalty. Just seems like it's taking up excess space in the ruleset.

Because Ross can be a drafted unit (can't be Rescued) and an NPC (can be Rescued); hence, an ambiguity. I know, then you're wondering why we don't ask why Garcia/Ross can't fight. But we can't control that, so we let it fly.

I completed the first fe7 draft finally[\s], I have no idea where the topic is, but I went by rslfan back then, and I was just getting back into fe just to explain my ridiculous picks. After penalties I finished in 238 turns 218 before, I'm just backlogging from months ago, so I can honestly say I don't know what the penalties are[\s].

Hector 4.87 42 21 16 16 11 19 12

eli 13.34 46 19 23 20 20 19 11

lyn 10.36 44 13 29 26 17 13 13

Athos + body ring

marcus 20 44 20 24 15 11 14 11

serra 19.28 42 21 19 26 30 6 27

wil 9.61 34 14 16 15 14 10 7

legault 7.58 42 11 19 22 19 14 11

farina 15.39 46 23 21 22 21 18 24

karel 12.40 33 17 25 20 17 14 13

nino 5.86 29 13 13 21 17 9 16

Honestly I don't know where the topic is so I'm putting it here, on a fun sidenote Geitz is most likely impossible to get even when your only decent nonMarcus preGeitz level characters are the lords.

Because Ross can be a drafted unit (can't be Rescued) and an NPC (can be Rescued); hence, an ambiguity. I know, then you're wondering why we don't ask why Garcia/Ross can't fight. But we can't control that, so we let it fly.

No, Lucina is dead-right. Ross is an NPC is C2 and is therefore allowed to be Rescued by anybody until he's recruited, and only then if he's drafted.

EDIT: And if he's drafted and you recruit him, it's your responsibility to keep him alive. You could leave him Rescued and unrecruited until the end of the map when he recruits himself, after all...

I suspect that the rule lingers as a legacy of another time, nothing more. I'll go fix it.

EDIT2: ALRIGHT GIRLS, let's get these proposals in line, one-by-one. If you have another rule-change to propose, please give it to me privately for the time being, via PM or profile comment. I'm doing that thing where I try to railroad the thread into guided debates again.

FE4: No Leg Ring on Lords

Previously I was well in-favor, but if there's a suggestion that it isn't entirely a good thing I want it to remain an optional thing that people shoop into their own drafts rather than something in the GRs. Talk.

FE4: Ardan is Free.

really see no reason not to do this. One unit always remains undrafted, one shitty unit that nobody ever uses would be fun for securing Chalphy in P.

FE8: Trainees to 10/x in the Tower.

only did this once; have no feelings on it really

And HongLei, you're a hero for that clear. Bravo.

EDIT3: oh yeah, logs updated fully

Edited by Mr. Sparkles

FE4: Ardan is Free.

really see no reason not to do this. One unit always remains undrafted, one shitty unit that nobody ever uses would be fun for securing Chalphy in P.

one shitty unit that nobody ever uses would be fun for securing Chalphy in P.
one shitty unit

HOW DARE YOU

Yeah, I haven't reported them yet because the FE7 one hasn't finished drafting yet. :/

Thanks for clearing it so fast Horace.^_^

Edit: Managed to get the last pick in on IRC. Here are the teams.

[b][u]Serenes Forest Drafting Tournament Tournament 2[/b][/u] #35790
Individual threads go from #35835 - 25840, FE4, FE6-8, FE10-11

[b][u]Team Bo\o/[/b][/u]
*Piss Sick Lawyer Lucina, SB, Ice Sage, Terrador, Spriter Kalas, Otacon

[b][u]Team Jedi[/b][/u]
Spirit Detective Jedi, CT075, Eclipse, Quintessense, exiledwolf, Kay

[b][u]Team THWOMP[/b][/u]
General Horace in 200 turns for FE4 1st, Hawk King, ZM456, Elieson, Mr. Wanker, dandragon01

[b][u]Team Pickles[/b][/u]
PKL, Baldrick, Xinnidy, BigBangMeteor, Shinori, Lowen

[b][u]Team Ghost Nappa[/b][/u]
Piss Assassin Alchemist CR, Strider, Macho Barbarian Darros, Cyron, Ryuji-Kun

Edited by Piss Sick Lawyer Lucina

i feel no leg ring on lords is overpowering for the people with leaf and dancers, and there's always going to be one person without them and i feel they just won't be able to compete.

I understand that, if Aideen is picked first or second, there is a possibility of that player being locked out of rescue Lana.

Logs updated.

EDIT: logs ACTUALLY updated - sfdtt2 is no longer a sub-draft of the olympics

Edited by Mr. Sparkles

I'm like 99% sure I've already reported this, but 195 turns for #29191 (Anonymous draft before they were cool)

EDIT: You've attributed my turncount to Refa, who actually got 50171 turns. I'm not sure how that happened.

Edited by Minor Baldo