Your Greatest Video Game Accomplishment

Kinata

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I JUST BEAT FFVI.

Yeah, I know it's not special but I've never beaten an FF game before. I always stop between the halfway mark and the final boss. And I absolutely raped Kefka with Quick and Ultima on a Tranced Terra with the Soul of Thamasa. Can you say overpowered?

I got into cheating a long time ago, so most of my accomplishments are diminished by that fact. However, there is one thing I recall doing that truly fills my heart with pride.

Back in the Pokemon RBY days, I collected all 150 pokemon without cheats. Just trading among my friends. That fucking poster was EARNED, damn it!

This was also the event that STARTED my cheating ways, mind you. Because about a month after that, it snowed, and my game decided that it didn't like having save data anymore.

I went out, bought a Gameboy Color Gameshark, and the rest was history. I still have that gameshark sitting up in my dresser drawer, just to remind me.

I've somewhat gotten out of it lately, and I'm going through EO3 and Soul Silver without cheats, so there's that. Still, I gave in once in Soul Silver trying to be a perfectionist, so now been reset. And I have an Eevee in my pokewalker that's been there for half a year. :3

I managed to beat FFXII Yiazmat and FFX Nemesis.

Also, Unlimited Indalecio in SO2, Semi-Solo Freya in SO3 (Galaxy and Universe mode)

Sephiroth in KH1 and KH2

All characters to L99 in Legend of Legaia. This is, of course, an accomplishment in endurance more than anything. Furthermore, I've '100%'ed' Legaia. All summons, all Arts, all treasure, no deaths.

100% Treasure is much harder than it sounds. Lots of permanently missable stuff. :(

Edited by Sheena Fujibayashi

I JUST BEAT FFVI.

Yeah, I know it's not special but I've never beaten an FF game before. I always stop between the halfway mark and the final boss. And I absolutely raped Kefka with Quick and Ultima on a Tranced Terra with the Soul of Thamasa. Can you say overpowered?

K. Now try beating it under level 25. You can go as low as level 6, apparently, though I can't be bothered to try. All I've ever bothered with is keeping minimum levels until I'm able to level Shadow with +2 vigor or mag.pwr Espers so that I can get the most bonuses possible on everyone. Ultros w/Relm is the last boss I ever bothered to beat at level 6. IAF and Air Force at level 15 or so. The rest in the low 20s.

Besides, if you want overpowered go with beating Kefka, give Celes/Locke/Edgar/Terra the offering + genji glove and steal a second Atma Weapon in the final tier before Kefka in the final battle and have her at or near full health and around level 70 to 90 depending on how many +2 vigor bonuses you got for her. 79992 damage. ORKO, basically. Quick and Ultima and Gem Box only gets you 5 Ultimas for just 49995 damage and you can't even kill him instantly that way.

Also Tranced Terra shouldn't make a difference for Ultima damage since defence ignoring abilities don't get the x2 damage bonus for morphing. Or at least, they never used to on the snes. Merton (Meltdown), Meteor, Ultima, Quake, Bahamut, Atma Weapon attacks, that type of thing.

I love how Star Fox 64 makes it feel like such an accomplishment whenever you

play through it.

Well if you've tried Venom A, (not the starwolf one,) on expert mode its justified

You're such a badass.

-Beating Kirby Super Star Ultra's arena modes without powers.

-Beating IWBTG on hard (yes I know others have done better on this thread).

-DMC DMD mode beaten (not with force edge only though :) ).

BUT

I have never beaten Sigma's final form in Megaman X Q_Q

Oh yeah, you're the first one who mentioned IWBTG to me. Thanks for that. There's nothing wrong with winning the gaming with lots of saves (as long as your not on Medium mode); the higher difficulties are more of a testament to one's obsession than their skill. I only mentioned it because Lucent is pissing me off.

It seems like most people here are posting several accomplishments, so I'll mention a few more of my own.

On Super Smash Bros. Melee, I have gotten every known special message (other than the ones that require me to play through thousands of vs. mode matches). I've never actually had all of them at once, and there's a cool story behind it bros, but I don't feel like going into it.

In Mario Kart DS, I have pretty much completed it. I've gotten 3 stars on all 32 Grand Prix and all 63 missions, and I have beaten all 32 staff ghosts. That's 127 individual challenges, and many were really hard.

I've won Worlds Hardest Game and its sequel.

In FE9, I managed to get a ridiculously hard coin after 2 months of trial and error (I know, I'm so pathetic). Meh, I hope to do a more interesting FE accomplishment one day. I don't think anyone has gotten SSS on FE5 without savestates or Elite mode, so I intend to work towards that.

@Eclipse

That video is insane. I'm really impressed you were able to do something nearly that impressive.

• LeafGreen: 100% Kanto Pokedex (no cheats)
  • Kingdom Hearts II: Proud mode- defeated Sephiroth at level 60 with Sleeping Lion, like two or three elixirs, no item stat-boosting, and no glide (99% completion of the game as a whole because I'm too lazy to go for the high score of the last two Paradox Cups)
  • Kingdom Hearts II: won Hades Cup (which I think is far harder than Sephiroth)
  • Super Mario Galaxy: all 120 stars (not that impressive, but whatever)

I actually like fighting Sephiroth in KH2. He pisses me off like no other, but the pattern based battles are just addicting. I'm thinking about trying a lvl 60 Kingdom Key run of the fight next, but I'm not sure I can do it, since Sora likes to whiff whenever I use a shorter keyblade. I'm also considering trying to beat him KH1, but I just don't like KH1 enough to really devote any time to actually doing it.

I also hope to soon add that I've beaten Super Monkey Ball 2, a game which has haunted my nightmares for too many years. I'm in the last world (which is an achievement by itself), but I've got a few more levels to go.

@Eclipse

That video is insane. I'm really impressed you were able to do something nearly that impressive.

Heh, I've got a long way to go before impressive applies to me! Thanks, though!

Beating Suwako Moriya in Touhou 10.... (The actual boss fight starts at 3:27)

I didn't do nearly as good as this guy, I was on my last life...

But ugh, that took a good month.... I've managed to beat other Extra bosses (Koishi and Ran), but Suwako was my first, so eh.

Getting all the chests from the Tower of Lots of Spam in SCIV was incredibly difficult in places as was getting 242 stars in both SMGs, currently I'm trying to do the same for sunshine but it tends to freeze upon entering Delfino Plaza.

Narga, way to ruin my moment. I've never beaten an FF game before and now you're all "lol noob, try a llg run"? That's harsh.

level 25 is hardly llg. I am just encouraging you to try it out a little less overpowered. What level did you beat it at? Anything above 50 and I highly recommend playing again at a lower level. It's fun. Think "tower abuse fe8 the moment the tower shows up" vs "low turning (not necessarily with Seth's help)".