WTF is up with the release date?

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No it doesn't. If you can't, it's on your side that's the issue :/

The place where a translation would be announced is going to be on one of those quarter release lists. It's just going to be "another game" coming out from Nintendo, nothing large, and nothing little.

No it doesn't. If you can't, it's on your side that's the issue :/

Oh, it RUNS just fine, but the fact that all I can have is this little double screen thing in the middle of my big computer screen really bugs me.

I would be really upset if this wasn't translated. Emulating the DS sucks. If this isn't announced soon, a petition needs to be started.

Agreed. All the emulators I've seen either lag horribly, don't show up correctly, or make my computer fan sound like an incoming jet plane. :/

I find some of the dumb things they DO put money into advertising these days are far inferior to Fire Emblem. The series needs more love. (The games can't help it if noobs can't think strategically in order to win)

Oh, it RUNS just fine, but the fact that all I can have is this little double screen thing in the middle of my big computer screen really bugs me.

There are... pseudo-trainers? anyways, there are outside additions to the NO$GBA emulator which allow you to increase screen size to your desired, relative or irrelative, resolution. They also usually fix that horrible sound emulation bug, and also have specific tweaks to update emulation speed of certain games which lag.

Else-wise, I don't know if it's those quarter release lists, but a list of releases for this year was handed out, and Fire Emblem 12 wasn't on it. DQMJ2 comes out Aug. 28, so, you know, screw IS for the awesome game :D:

If your having a hard time with emulators or want some online play, just get an R4! It costs money, but it doesn't lag or turn the fan on a computer :P

But the R4 is dead! And you're pretty much buying knock-off carts flashcarts!

If someone is gonna buy a flashcard for this game, please peruse better options than the R4. That thing is basically the noob-card D: And until secondary groups create updates, the card has a good number of issues just booting the ROMs without issues.

If someone is gonna buy a flashcard for this game, please peruse better options than the R4. That thing is basically the noob-card D: And until secondary groups create updates, the card has a good number of issues just booting the ROMs without issues.

There has been for a while actually. The Wood R4 firmware gets frequent updates fixing most if not all games. The only issue I've come across so far is Pokemon White Euro version freezing whenever an Excadrill shows up in battle.

The Shin Monshou fix was flawless.

Anyway, the "language" barrier in this is pretty minor for playing the game so the folks here really should consider importing if they want to play it. For those that will still wait, hope it's not in vain.

Edited by Sirius

I still can't see this not eventually getting released later. I strongly believe another Fire Emblem game will be coming out (this includes possible remakes), and if NOA and NOE don't make this "legally" available around the globe, then it would almost certainly hurt future interest in said next game for the casual gamer and thus future sales. It still is a strong possibility (in my mind, perhaps not others' minds) that it may get released in a manner similar to FE5, as in it could get released internationally just before Nintendo's support for the DS evaporates altogether...

That said, NOA and NOE have definitely waited too long to get this game around the globe, and the sales of this game will almost certainly be hurt because of that...If only because every day the game isn't released globally more and more people are going to play it via other means... It's just how the cookie crumbles I guess, but this means Nintendo may interpret this as "waning interest in the series", which could have nasty consequences I will not speak of.

Note, some games have gotten globalized after more than 2+ years wait, so there is always hope anyway you slice it.

Edited by Charged151

Like I said, release date or not, there are other ways of getting the game and playing it in english on whatever, including the R4. It isn't dead, just hiding. With updates always available. Hopefully the translation will be done soon. I'm am dying to play the game in english :dry:

The translation isn't going to start until July 15th last I heard.

Maybe some of us haven't given up hope for this being translated because we really like the Fire Emblem series that much. I'm not remotely kidding when I say that as of this moment I want this game to be translated more than any other right now, barring maybe Valkyria Chronicles III.

Like I said, release date or not, there are other ways of getting the game and playing it in english on whatever, including the R4. It isn't dead, just hiding. With updates always available. Hopefully the translation will be done soon. I'm am dying to play the game in english :dry:

By updates, do you mean updated clones that you have to buy?

Wood R4 is for those users that already have an R4, in my opinion. The Supercard DSTwo, the Acekard 2/2i, EZ-Flash V/Vi or the Cyclo DS Evo/i are the best out right now. Make your choice from those. :)

I agree with you. I want FE3 DS! Though I've got plenty of things to distract me for now.

i understand the 1 year thing but this is obviously not coming out o to the translators could you please please work on this asap were dying for this game you could just wait until after july 15th to release any translations but i dont see why you would wait until then to start

Because not everyone fluent enough to actually translate accurately and representationally will pick up a project they have no interest in.

As far as game modification goes, anyone can do it, which is why there's so many shitty and basic edits all-round. They're fans, usually with no ability, or little, in the many areas it takes to make a good game. Writing, composition, translating, design... most people are horrible in these areas. You're asking for someone who's apt and able to do something for this game--the truth is, it's governed by the few who both have the interest and ability to act entirely of their own freewill for their own project, and own sake.

You're holding out on small odds. Not dead odds, but small, especially for something like Fire Emblem.

i understand the 1 year thing but this is obviously not coming out o to the translators could you please please work on this asap were dying for this game you could just wait until after july 15th to release any translations but i dont see why you would wait until then to start

A: It doesn't seem obvious yet to me.

B: Because "let's work on translating 40+ chapters and over 300 base conversations/supports so that a professional version can be done anyways" sure sounds like fun, huh? Especially given how long I'd imagine that would take, it would have required them to start quite a while ago, well before so many people had given up hope.

A: It doesn't seem obvious yet to me.

B: Because "let's work on translating 40+ chapters and over 300 base conversations/supports so that a professional version can be done anyways" sure sounds like fun, huh? Especially given how long I'd imagine that would take, it would have required them to start quite a while ago, well before so many people had given up hope.

Can't they just copy a paragraph from the convo and go to google translate? The people who want play not the translators.

The way Japanese is structured vs English, all existing automated translations are terrible.

Damn that's right. Aren't there like different styles of Jap, like what is it Katakana. Well will it help in naming MU?

*sighs*

Katakana is generally used for words directly borrowed from other languages, or for names. Hiragana and kanji are used for the most part.