WTF is up with the release date?

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's been on-off for a while, like most translation projects. It came out a bit ago to ask for help revising translation and editing, and finishing up a bit. It's pretty good, but it's not perfected. It's a first-draft sort of place at the moment, and it's not gonna go anywhere without proof-reading and cross-translations.

Just to let everyone know, I sent an e-mail to NOA, and got this back.

Nintendo Customer Support <nintendo@noa.nintendo.com>Mon, Aug 15, 2011 at 3:57 PM

To: -------------@gmail.comHello,

Thanks for contacting us. I apologize for the delay in our response to your email. At this time, Fire Emblem - New Mystery of the Emblem: Hero of Light and Shadow has not been announced for release here in the Americas. More importantly, we do not have any information that tells us this game will or won't be announced, but I will pass along your comments to the departments which make those decisions.

We often hear from excited fans asking if a particular game is going to be announced. I don't want to dampen any excitement you feel about the game, but I want to make it clear that until Nintendo makes an official announcement of a particular game there is nothing we have to share about it—regardless of any rumors you may have heard or announcements from Nintendo subsidiaries elsewhere in the world.

If or when we do make an official announcement about Fire Emblem - New Mystery of the Emblem: Hero of Light and Shadow, we will share all the exciting details on our website (www.nintendo.com). Until that happens, we appreciate your patience and ask that you continue checking the website.

Sincerely,

Alain Dao, Nintendo of America Inc.

Nintendo's home page: http://www.nintendo.com/

So... even though I learned nothing, figured I might as well share it.

Edited by Tragedy

I guess it's NOA's way of telling you "I don't know what NOJ is thinking, and I won't know it much before you. But keep buying our games by visiting our exciting webiste!"

Then... ctrl+c ctrl-v *change the game's name* ctrl+c ctrl-v *change the game's name* ctrl+c ctrl-v *change the game's name*...

Just to let everyone know, I sent an e-mail to NOA, and got this back.

So... even though I learned nothing, figured I might as well share it.

It's a template, we've recieved several of them. >_<

But Nintendo might bail out on us and just cancel the release at any moment as well. So maybe putting the translation to a halt and when the game is finally released to discard everything would be safer.

Around post-Twilight Princess release, Nintendo basically made it new policy that they would not announce a new game until it's near completion/it's release date is set in stone. I don't think we'll see Nintendo make an announcement of a game just to cancel.

.... unless they want to directly copy Capcom and their Mega Man Legends 3 fiasco.

So you heard about that too? Thats what I'm scared of. And for the people above, we have mentioned the template forever ago, but still thanks for sharing. I actually emailed NOA on the day FE12 was released in Japan, lol.

Around post-Twilight Princess release, Nintendo basically made it new policy that they would not announce a new game until it's near completion/it's release date is set in stone. I don't think we'll see Nintendo make an announcement of a game just to cancel.

.... unless they want to directly copy Capcom and their Mega Man Legends 3 fiasco.

Yeah, why would they need to copy Capcom? They alreddy figured out how to make a bigger PR disaster before they did (Nintendo Three).

Anyways: Brawl was also an impact in that. The backlash at the less than seller reception vs amount of hype was the cause. However, most games don't take over a year after the JPN release to come out (which means we will NEVER ever see Chibi Robo 3 v_v).

Edited by deuxhero

Just to change the subject a little...I know it's not directly related but..

http://mynintendonews.com/2011/08/22/nintendo-3ds-new-fire-emblem-game-coming-to-nintendo-3ds/

That sounds hella cool and I'm pumped but...

1. With this coming out, it seems like FE12 is RIP

2. How do we know THIS will come out if FE12 didn't??

FYI, this rumor is already being discussed here: http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=27775&st=40

I still think that the New Mystery of the Emblem DS English Translation is still might be under in development and I did made a Specualtion Blog in the Fire Emblem Wiki and there are a few games that released 2 years after the Japanese release. So, that could be possible be that this game might release for 2012 or later in 2011. :/

Edited by King Marth 64

You know, I always think that topics should have vacuous posts that do nothing but say the exact same thing already said throughout this topic. So how imagine how pleasant my surprise is seeing such a post made today.

Edited by Clockwork Sage

Well, the Pokemon Red & Blue for the Game Boy (1996 in Japan and 1998 in US), Super Mario Bros. 3 for the NES (1988 in Japan and 1990 in US), and the Professor Layton #2 to #4 (#2 - 2007 in Japan and 2009 in US, #3 - 2008 in Japan and 2010 in US, #4 -2009 in Japan and 2011 in US) was released 2 years after the Japanese release. So, they possibly going to release it in 2012 or in Late 2011. (I think)

Edited by King Marth 64

Pokemon Red came out like a month before the GBC came out. Here it's the opposite, the 3DS is out already, unless they up-port it, it's not likely to be released.

Edited by JosefLior

Pokemon Red came out like a month before the GBC came out. Here it's the opposite, the 3DS is out already, unless they up-port it, it's not likely to be released.

You meant pokemon yellow came out a month before gbc came out?

At any rate, you meant one month before the time the release date announcement from nintendo for the 3ds was made, fire emblem: new mystery was released in Japan, did you? Because if you didn't, judging from the data on web, you would be...

*buzzer*

WRONG!

...oh, and that is not a true connection...

Edited by shadowjam

The US release of Pkmn Red was on September 1998 and the GBC was released on November 1998. The comparison is based on the NOA release dates.

Edited by JosefLior