why won't Skrimir die?

whase

I need to kill him to achieve Caineghis' special ending for my special endings PT. (http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=23180)

so I stripped him of all his items and skills at 4-P, put him out on the battlefield and get him killed by 2 warriors. but then, instead of just dying, the guy retreats!

does anyone know if this is enough to get the special ending? and will this also happen with Nailah?

Edited by whase

you might need to get him killed off in 4-E. A lot of the units that "retreat" before 4-E can actually die in 4-E. Not all of them, but many of them.

Edited by Narga_Rocks

Yeah, you might need to bring him to Endgame for him to die. Nailah too. In 4-E, anyone can die, including Titania and Soren. The only people that still retreat are Sothe (annoyingly enough), Sanaki, the Herons, and Ena.

Make ashera kill them

I can only use those units who have a special ending. so it doesn't matter when I kill them as long as I do kill them, I can't use them anyways.

Yeah, so what he's saying is, carry them to 4-E-5, and then have Ashera kill them. Kill the auras first, weaken Ashera, etc., then they die and Ike can get the finishing blow.

I can only use those units who have a special ending. so it doesn't matter when I kill them as long as I do kill them, I can't use them anyways.

PT rule, not gonna break it for endgame

I believe Ashera has a full-screen attack. Keep your laguz sacrifices untransformed, and make sure they're standing on the floor. Wait until they're dead to do your thing.

I think he's doing one of those weird playthrough type things. Like, swordmasters only. Laguz only. But in this case, it is "only use those with a special ending". Which means those units that need to die aren't allowed doing anything practical.

Well technically they would need to be used in one way or the other to get those special endings so i really would see no problem to him being able to use them. I suppose it depends on the way its seen though.

Edited by SlayerX

Well technically they would need to be used in one way or the other to get those special endings so i really would see no problem to him being unable to use them. I suppose it depends on the way its seen though.

Skrimir doesn't have a special ending, Caineghis does. However, his special ending requires Skrimir to die.

Yes but Skrimir dieing requires using Skrimir. :B): So technically he can be used, think about it, skrimir is still going to hurt something by getting attacked, or he's going to attract attention (meatshielding) so he'll be used anyway.

I'm just using technicalities here.

I think he's doing one of those weird playthrough type things. Like, swordmasters only. Laguz only. But in this case, it is "only use those with a special ending". Which means those units that need to die aren't allowed doing anything practical.

that

Yes but Skrimir dieing requires using Skrimir. :B): So technically he can be used, think about it, skrimir is still going to hurt something by getting attacked, or he's going to attract attention (meatshielding) so he'll be used anyway.

I'm just using technicalities here.

true, but I just can't use him for any other purpose than having him die. I know, I might be making it too hard for myself...

Well, technically they don't have to distract anything. Just don't deploy them in 4-E until 4-E-5. Then get Ashera's AoE's to kill them. You just have to keep the out of the action when Ashera does her single target attacks, since she'd probably choose them. Unfortunately, this probably requires rescuing them on those turns.

Ashera AoE's in a predictable fashion, and untrained beorc + untransformed laguz should generally die in 2 smacks from her AoE. Just make sure that you kill the spirits each turn as they appear to prevent any of them from attacking the guys that aren't supposed to do anything.

I managed to kill him. Unintentionally though. But I don't think it was endgame. I had him out killing dudes then they attacked him back and he turned back to his human self and I couldn't send help cause it would make them die along with him. He was surrounded.