Return of the Emblem: Chat

CATS

Well, there was a TS to the next day, so theoretically they slept at some point. But yeah, I don't really know where either of my dudes are right now, though Uri is probably helping heal people if that's still going on?

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

eventually

nothing much was happening that she could've nosed in on with the wagon group

it was all emblem stuff, and other than continuing to be/being annoying, there wasn't much for her to add

Edited by Snake Mom

• 2 weeks later...

Notice: Flight's going to be TSing relatively soon, and then you guys will really want to be getting ready for the related challenge. We'll see if we can line things up neatly, but there's still a bit more legwork before the actual fighting, particularly for the reinforcements lol (ah who am I kidding? the patrol's got mines to deal with :P)

Also, Rev is not on any rails at the moment (hardly ever is anymore @_@) so if you're worried about getting in the way of something, don't be. Post. Post like you've got a mere handful of days before another catastrophe strikes. *whistles innocently*

• 2 weeks later...

merc can bert like, not?

i'm just trying to have eva interact with what's going on and honestly, if i can't even so much as do that without his horse freaking its shit IC, then I'm just going to ignore him

and rizen can run off straight into a mine and i won't be able to care less.

It's less about that and more about what's IC for both of them. Rizen's largely untrained, which is actually the point of her being grounded right now, so that she can detect the minefield and show it's nearby by her nerves. The thing is, she's even more freaked out by natural predators like wyverns being so closeby, and it leaves a residual "are they coming back?" which is why Bert's annoyed. That and the whole point of flying ahead was to try to find any hidden ballistae so they don't get shot at as soon as they get out in the open. Also, to clarify, Rizen's just nervous and more being all "uh, let me get away from that thing" than "ohmygosh lemme go".

Trust me; I've got no problem with character interaction. Just, my dudes are going to act IC and this is just how things are unfolding. Also, interaction isn't a problem in this scenario, wherever anyone is, the way I see it. If they were in the sky, especially since Sasha's a wyvern, he could've maybe picked up on Isis' scent, as they're closing in from the air (of course, exact distance is unknown, so you'd have to double check with the bird on that one.) Or, you could've placed them somewhere in the woods looking for ballistae and talked with the bird about setting up an encounter with some bandits/a hidden ballistae, depending on what's out there according to his canon. Could even be that there are none, and that can lead to its own realm of interesting.

All that said, there's nothing wrong with the direction you chose to take, either, though it may seem counterproductive to the characters in the story. (That is, Eva deciding to stick with the Ursaean group.) Characters are going to act in-character, so if it was IC for Eva to do what she did, then cool; no probs there, and it leads to other forms of interesting in the story, such as the conflict that cropped up between Norbert and Eva. Things will unfold as things unfold. (I.e., I was planning on having Bert take a look around for hidden ballistae, but the way things played out, he wound up walking.) As for me, I was just writing reactions to things happening near my dudes. I'm sorry it annoyed you, but please understand that it was just my guys acting IC, and nothing personal from me.

I'm sorry it annoyed you, but please understand that it was just my guys acting IC, and nothing personal from me.

yeah that's the problem, bert's just incredibly frustrating and annoying IC

and I'm just going to ignore things like this in the future

with the way rote plays out, if the bird wants a part of the group to do any of that, i'd rather he ask than me ask him, because i'm not going to think of it

all i had in my head was that they were vaulting the wall when we assault the base, not searching the woods for other implements.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Okay, so, Kenta, you seem to be making the fair assumption that RotE currency works like FE currency. Just thought I'd point out this: http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=20342#entry1600250

It explains how RotE currency works. Just open the Currency spoiler tag. Should help guide about how much things are worth. (That is, gold is worth a lot more in RotE than it is in FE.)

Yeah, but he's also offering something like a years worth of profit or something like that, so he likely should be offering a high price. Maybe not that high, but still decently high. I dunno, ask birb what a reasonable price is.

No Quotes

"And how much is that worth to you, exactly?" Gaston looked around the folder to his customer with interest. Normally a minor batch of details like general activities wasn't all that expensive. It was finding out where people were and who their friends were that really brought in the coin. Information like this, however was usually worth five to twenty gold depending on how long it would take to convey said information, or how much parchment it would take up, but he wasn't going to quote Kenta, figuring it was better to see what he was willing to pay.

Despite the irony of the section title and the fact that I just quoted Phoenix, this is sort of my point of reference (or at least one of them.) I just figured Kenta (player) hadn't read up on currency and decided to point him in that direction, considering the drastic difference in the meta knowledge and Kenta's (character) offered price. (I don't encourage meta knowledge influencing a character's actions/decisions, but I thought that if the player hadn't seen that section, then being informed may help him in the long run, even if the character is under the impression that that's how much it would cost. Also, considering his travel and occupation, I wonder how much money the character realistically has and if he's had enough experience in this country and preserving his funds by now to be savvier than that.) Again, just pointing to a resource in case it helps.

Edited by Mercakete