Return of the Emblem: Chat

CATS

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait... NO MORE SANDWICHES!? NO MORE STEAK!?

Describes Chelsea's feelings right now.

your sammich is in another castle (Merc TSed you people)

I can't speak for Eail, but all I really wanted was to be allowed to matter in my own unique ways. To not have the character I created end up being background scenery for the primary characters who end up shaping the fate of the world while I struggle to even have a dinner served properly. I don't know if I'll quit or not, but I do hope you guys realize what I'm saying before you end up pushing me to the point where I will. I can't threaten to leave, you'll probably smile and tell me to not let the door hit me on the way out, but I won't stay if I have to sit around in the shadows all the time.

Thou hath not gone unnoticed ... or some crap. Time to take Sardis' weapon so I can reduce this to smaller parts and address specific things.

Sardis: I expect that back >_>;

*Chop zwoosh slice*

I can't speak for Eail, but all I really wanted was to be allowed to matter in my own unique ways.

I'd say that's fine, but in reality it's actually the root of most of my woes as a GM ... no seriously. Anyway, you've got to be willing and able to work toward it and not take it personally when an idea's not looking like it'll work out. Most initial ideas don't, that's just something we all have to deal with.

To not have the character I created end up being background scenery for the primary characters who end up shaping the fate of the world while I struggle to even have a dinner served properly.

In the words of Dante ... "Just what are you going to do with all that [relevance], huh? No matter how hard you try, you're never going to be like [Raquel]."

As for having 'dinner served properly', you've irked me a bit here. First you need to actually commit to serving dinner and not change gears in favor of whatever drama happens to be in the works. Awhile back it seemed like you were aiming to have Robin become the group's official cook, but I noticed once the Zach thing started up, it was up to Zoe and Nadya to feed people else they'd have to fall back on rations(or starve, whichever), but we were ready for that so it worked out in the end. If you still want that job for her, she's going to have to act like a cook and spend less time moping about Zach and more time going over recipes and gathering ingredients.

I don't know if I'll quit or not, but I do hope you guys realize what I'm saying before you end up pushing me to the point where I will.

How are you being pushed exactly? By having your ideas checked for plausibility? I seriously recommend not focusing so much on relevance, and that's not just at you, that's at everyone. It comes so much easier naturally, especially when it's not the ultimate goal. Go back and read that pm I sent you. It applies here just like it does everywhere else and during every other rp related thing ever.

I can't threaten to leave, you'll probably smile and tell me to not let the door hit me on the way out, but I won't stay if I have to sit around in the shadows all the time.

You do it to yourself. Instead of doing what you usually do, watch and learn from the characters who are at the level of relevance you'd prefer to have(and not Raquel because three Raquels would be completely asinine at this point). Don't just look at a character and assume they are where they are because they've got backstory connections(most non-Weyland backstory connections are completely irrelevant right now, see Nika). Everyone gets where they are by talking and making new connections within the group. That's what your characters need to do. Just coming up with scenarios and expecting them to fit isn't going to work and only provides fifteen minutes of shoehorned fame even if they do work. Interactions, there's your answer.

*gives Sardis back his thing*

Now that I've said my peace, I shall randomly post a picture.

MIBKitty_zps1f99b446.png

Um... basically the story revolves around Raquel but that doesn't mean you shouldn't try and stand out and make your character shine. Just don't assume that the plot will revolve around him. The thing about Zach moping and stuff can be a sub-plot that gets resolves as the story goes along. But always remember that the plot that the GM's have created won't wait for your character's subplot, since after all they aren't important to the Storyline.

I guess we can call these supports, they don't affect the plot at all, but they're their so you're character doesn't end up like a blank slate, they end up as characters that people can relate to or an awesome character.

Either way, people like Chelsea, Zach, Shadrak and Robin will never get the MC role. They are the secondary characters, and it's your job as a player to fill out their personalities, backstories and interaction with other characters.

That doesn't mean you can have some form of.... arc in the form of a battle or something? You would need to talk to the GM's for that and you'd also need to be good little RP'ers.

Most importantly, keep calm and stay happy.

I think that about sums up my feelings towards the current situation. Please correct me If I'm wrong.

I wouldn't say relationships between characters doesn't have any effect on the plot, but it's not going to do much for the fifteen minutes of fame thing, nor should it.

That doesn't mean you can have some form of.... arc in the form of a battle or something? You would need to talk to the GM's for that and you'd also need to be good little RP'ers.

*snrk* 'good little rpers'

But yeah, we're willing to work things out with people if they can stay the course and not take corrections or criticism too harshly.

Most importantly, keep calm and stay happy.

I'm nibbling on this advice ... it's so good~

• 2 weeks later...

*roy reads Chelsea post*

Oh, don't worry Chelsea. He's only the guy who almost killed you. (She obviously thought getting impaled by his sword was really hot)

Don't mind me, I'm just over here being terrible.

Since there's only one event holding us up, I'm going to start writing up the TS, but it'll still be awhile before it's finished and ready to post. If you guys have any mid-way retroes you'd like to do, yesterday was the time but you've got a couple of hours left I guess? :lol:

requesting that everyone list characters who are participating in the dream battle

I'm fielding Blake and Grant.