CATS

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'Dragon Head Challenge'

The Dragon Head

Numbers: Unknown

Summons: Raquel and all willing participants must be asleep.

Standard Difficulty Team Limit: None

Battlepost limit: 8

Known Rewards: Dual Book Unlock

Intel: This creature has made numerous appearances in Raquel's dreams throughout the journey and because this being only appears in dreams, that's where the challenge will take place. The only reassuring tactic to use against such an unknown is numbers and force, so all available resources are recommended for this battle. The Dragon Head may have considerable control over the environment and it's also feasible that support units will be summoned, so approach each EP with caution. Because this is a dream battle, participants will not lose consumables used during the fight or have to reinstate weapons after the battle. Usage limits still apply.

Double check next time if you're going to base a mechanic of a fight around someone having a particular weapon and assuming that the person has one. You people really shouldn't have told me this

If we don't have the equipment, it's because we weren't prepared. It's not the GMs' responsibility to make sure we win; it's ours. 'Sides, it's not strictly necessary to have a restore staff to win. Just makes things easier.

We fought people with poison weapons before we had a restore staff on team too. Just because we don't own the staff doesn't mean we can't get hit with status ailments.

What is the problem? I can't get on irc for a while to ask there.

EDIT: Nevermind, I'm like, alive or something

Edited by roymbrog

[spoiler=logs for roy][03:07:59] <scorri> hi Balcerzak

[03:08:05] <scorri> you get to shoot chelsea!

[03:08:24] <Balcerzak> about that, synthia or grant probably have to talk him into it

[03:08:38] <Balcerzak> he's gonna be anticipating another shot at the big head, and will need rerouting

[03:08:46] <Snike> ok

It's complicated.

Also roy we technically have one BP left, though that is reserved for Sinbad.

Wait, how so? Thought I counted 8. Also... I don't think I can do a Synthia post without her healing Grant, so he should probably be the one to convince Sinbad and I'll do that next phase if he's not dead yet

Hold up, I thought Marella had defended Zach?

Edit: Oh, I think I see what happened. Guys, unless the GMs said differently last night, defends don't carry over EP. IF this were a battle with points Marella would have earned one for defending without getting attacked and would have to re-defend on the next turn.

Edited by roymbrog

Also Zach has WTD so he did two less damage. DH should be at 49/111. I really wish you would post your calcs, Eail. It's difficult to tell when you missed something.

Edited by roymbrog

No, her defends had never been used.

It resets. So even if it's not used, you have to redo the defend on the next player phase if you want to keep defending.

Cynthia said yesterday that Mar's defend still counted for Zach's attack on the DH.

seconding.

It resets. So even if it's not used, you have to redo the defend on the next player phase if you want to keep defending.

It used to be like this and you would get points if your defend wasn't used up. Now you have to actually defend something to get points, but it doesn't wear off in between turns.

Heads up, I will likely be busy tomorrow/today due to a relative's birthday. As some people can see, Ding DONG the witch is dead is not in effect just yet.

The idea right now is to waste the defends then just wail on Hypnos. Preferably the high accuracy units lead on Hypnos after guards have their defends wasted. I calced ~34 minimum damage if all attacks hit after 7 actions, so I think we should be set as long as people not named kete don't attack the other Hypnos minions. Combination was Reign, Valter, Zach, Gar, and Blake for reference.