Return of the Emblem: Chat

CATS

6 and up is to represent promoted. Level 6 is 2-1, promoted level one. 7 is 2-2, promoted level 2. This was done because the spreadsheet has difficulties listing 2-1 and so on.

If it's anything like Excel, you can put parenthesis around them to stop them from changing to dates. Like this: (2-1). Or you can make two columns: one for tier and one for level. Unless everyone is used to the system in place, in which case I'll just shut up. :ph34r:.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it's anything like Excel, you can put parenthesis around them to stop them from changing to dates. Like this: (2-1). Or you can make two columns: one for tier and one for level. Unless everyone is used to the system in place, in which case I'll just shut up. :ph34r:.

That is a workaround, however the sheet would lose auto-averaging everyone's levels like that.

Dimitri had a theme with cellos

Toogee, I now declare us friends.

(Also I know this is totally not the same thing but I'm going to share because it's awesome)

Dimitri had a theme with cellos

Toogee, I now declare us friends.

Hooray!happy.gif

I was trying to get a song that fit him, yet wouldn't sound too out of place in the Fire Emblem background. Now I just need to do the same for his battle theme.

So, my computer froze up and I'm bringing it in for repairs today. I'll still be available but I don't have all the reference files on-hand that I typically do and I'm not really used to this machine yet (in spite of my actually owning this one.) So...yes. You have been updated.

I decided to try a practice battle with my character. I think I have the basics down, but I'm pretty sure I missed something. Anyone care to check my work? Assume both wield swords and no skills are in effect.

[spoiler=Battle] Dimitri: HP 18, MT 5, HIT 7, AS 8, EV 14, DEF 4, RES 2

Enemy: HP 18, MT 6, HIT 16, AS 4, EV 6, DEF 5, RES 1

Dmitri stirkes! (Die: 2,6,4)

Hit: 9 (7+2)

MT: 11 (5+6)

Double Attack!

Attack hits (9-6=3)!

6 damage dealt (11-5)!

Enemy: HP 12/18

Soldier strikes! (Die: 1,1,1)

Hit: 17 (16+1)

MT: 7 (6+1)

LETHAL STRIKE!

Attack hits! (17-14=3)

3 damage dealt before lethal (7-4=3)

Lethal applied! 9 damage dealt (3*3)

Dimitri: HP 9/18

Dimitri strikes again! (Die: 5,6,2)

Hit: 12 (7+5)

Mt: 11 (5+6)

Attack hits! (12-6=6)

6 damage dealt (11-5)

Enemy: HP 6/18

C'est bon

Also darkmyst isn't cooperating with me right now, so I might be out for a while.

Edit: Nvm.

Edited by Snike

Thanks everyone. I'm working on an Excel sheet that will calculate everything for me. All I'll need is to add stats, boosts, and rolls for an instant battle postgee_wiz_emoticon.gif . At least, that's the plan.

Well not sure what that's about, but I'm trying to get things ready for the DH challenge. What I need everyone else to do is determine whether or not their dudes will be participating so we can finalize the teams. There's a TS coming up tonight or tomorrow so this doesn't all have to be handled onscreen.

Raquel's out(stat-wise) for this fight, Reign's in. Now I don't have his sign up ready just yet but it will be finished and posted before the actual battle starts. In the meantime, if you need his stats/gear for CTs and general reference, here's his preliminary setup. Put him on whichever team you want.

Class: Level 2 Warlock

HP: 8 STR: 0 MAG: 10 SKL: 8 SPD: 8 LCK: 1 DEF: 2 RES: 2

HP: 24 MT: 10 Hit: 8 Evade: 9 AS: 8 Defense: 2 Resistance: 2

Weapon 1: Force Fire Tome

Special Item: Power Amulet

And one last refresher for anyone still in the dark.

[spoiler=Dragon Head Challenge]The Dragon Head

Numbers: Unknown

Summons: Raquel and all willing participants must be asleep.

Standard Difficulty Team Limit: None

Battlepost limit: 8

Known Rewards: Dual Book Unlock

Intel: This creature has made numerous appearances in Raquel's dreams throughout the journey and because this being only appears in dreams, that's where the challenge will take place. The only reassuring tactic to use against such an unknown is numbers and force, so all available resources are recommended for this battle. The Dragon Head may have considerable control over the environment and it's also feasible that support units will be summoned, so approach each EP with caution. Because this is a dream battle, participants will not lose consumables used during the fight or have to reinstate weapons after the battle. Usage limits still apply.

DRAGON HEAD'S COLISEUM

So here's what everyone needs to know for environmental context:

The setting is a 'gladiatorial arena'(google that if you need to) that's horribly aged and run down. Looks more than a few thousand years old and if not for the fact that this is a dream sequence, it's structural integrity would be in question. Speaking of structural integrity, the arena itself is sitting on a carved out piece of land floating in a Purgatorial setting. Aside from this island-esque chunk of land the arena sits on, there is nothing but bright clouds. Like Purgatory and the early dreams, the sky is all black with no obvious light sources to explain the lighting or the unnaturally bright clouds, and in this specific instance, there's no ground or horizon beyond the arena's little island. One last important note is that because the arena 'seems' to be rising constantly at a steady velocity, the clouds are all falling around it in the distance. So all in all, this is essentially an ascending abysmal cage from which ... there is no escape.

Characters will wake up somewhere within the coliseum; no one will wake up inside the arena itself, only somewhere relatively close by. People can come to(wake up/come into the dream) in little groups to avoid pointless wandering and such, but not with Raquel or Kit(see TS post for details).

Also, everyone's weapons are gone. People are waking up with just their clothes more or less. You can spawn your mounts if you want to.

I'm reading along, and I might have a good way to sneak Dimitri into the RP. While everyone is off in the dream world, Dimitri would stumble upon the camp while traveling between cities. He sees everyone is asleep; not a single person out on guard duty. He quickly goes to work in gathering gold, preserved meats, and whatever weaponry he could carry. When everyone comes to, they'll find the rrouge waiting for them, sitting in front of the camp fire and using the stash as an ottoman. Before they all beat him to death, Dimitri wil make his sales pitch: had he been a more sinister character, he'd have been long gone with their stuff and some of their lives. Being the nice guy that he is (wink wink), he offers his services as night watchman and thief extraordinaire.

Does that work?

Steal my booty will you!!

I mean gold not ass.

But yeah, that's not exactly the best way to meet us all. I mean... everyone would just kill you.

Not everyone in the group is asleep though- you could still try it, but it's likely the person on watch would notice eventually.

OK, never mind then. Angry people I can handle, but if there are people awake, the plan doesn't work.

Robin wouldn't (she'd certainly cripple you with an arrow though, and can't stop others from shooting). Tia probably wouldn't... if you stole her tomes so she couldn't cast. She'd certainly try though.

But yea, sneaking in to steal will, at best, result in your character getting the snot beat out of them, hogtied, thrown in the back of the Dauntless, and treated as a criminal unless he makes a VERY convincing case.

Also 'more or less only their clothes'? What would 'less' entail? Waking up in their undies?

UPDATE:

Okay normally I'd be real specific here but my head's still spinning from a combination of horror story ideas and the actual work to change the list entries(and staring at pure contrasting black and white for too long). So what I'll do instead is give a little summary, and for details, people check themselves.

-Items list updated.

-Defensive Items; Mail, Headband, Armor, Shield, and Barrier series all amended.

Note: Amended how? They've had nulling effects added or moved around as needed. Most importantly is that now T4 gear can null other T4 gear(or at least that's what I'm going for with the T4 updates, specifically noting the weapons negated instead of the series itself).

-OP updated.

-Note added.

This is right beneath 'GEAR STACKING' in notes

NULLIFICATION: Items that negate/nullify or otherwise render another item useless work from the top down. That means if it nullifies sacred weapons, it nullifies silvers and steels as well.
Edited by Phoenix

Just realized how non-obvious something was in one of my last posts. The group Synthia saw was Marella and friends, just so people know.

Also, Phee, question about the updates. Did the robes and plate armor get updated too? Because I could've sworn they didn't nullify blitz weapons before. Also do they only block the physical/magical blitz or is it all blitz? (please be all blitz, please be all blitz...)