Return of the Emblem: Chat

CATS

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok... *sniff*

One more thing, and I know you just buffed a bunch of stuff, but this one has been bothering me for a while. The plate armor series blocks one more type of weapon than the robes do. Since Robes don't half skill weapon damage right now, could they be changed to include that or half another type of weapon damage? I was thinking maybe the battle staves, super shields (barricade, ect), and rods or maybe siege damage (if that's not covered under ranged).

The reason the armors blocked skill weapon damage and the robes didn't was because most skill weapons target def. The only exceptions I can think of are the shock grenades and the rods. Snike will kill us all if we do null staves and no null slims Probably best to leave the staves out of the null sector; makes them more appealing for when armored enemies start becoming more common~ Nulling supershields wouldn't be very useful IMO since they have halved attack damage to start. Also I think siege is covered, but I could be wrong.

Anyway, I wouldn't mind dividing them like everything else, with the armors reducing physical skill weapon damage and the robes reducing magical skill weapon damage. Before the rod series came, shock grenades were the only magical skill weapons, so this wasn't much of an issue. The shock grenades just had their little niche and the armors were situationally 'slightly' more valuable(they still couldn't stop any mag based weapons)

Okay, it's been bugging the living crap out of me lately that our newcomers haven't really had much of an opportunity to post, so I'm trying to put together a solution since it won't be until after the next 'normal' stat battle that they can come along and join the emblem brigade proper. Now the original idea was to have the new pcs all be working for a merchant trying to safely travel the country, and that's still a thing, but now I'd like to actually move forward with that plan, so I'm going to be working on the npcs and their details and sometime soon make an opening post for that group. The new pcs that are going to be introduced can make their intros there(Aubri, Erion, Wilhelm, and Ghost!Con Dimitri(though this one might be used as a tool for actually giving the group something to do while the main group wraps up their business elsewhere).

Any questions or suggestions, just post away(I mean here not in the chapter thread, that comes later :sweatdrop: ).

Works for me. It would be cool if the new group could act as a sort of tutorial to get us in the swing of things. Perhaps to keep things less confusing, the merchant group could take place in a new RP thread because you can't have too many RotE threads.

Go ahead and take your time. I may or may not go with another character instead of Dimitri. I read somewhere that bard characters were in demand, and I thought of one that I'd like to try out.

I think most everything's ready, but Toogee's suggestion seems like a good idea and I'm wondering if anyone else thinks I should put up a 'paralogue' chapter for this. If it was just one new pc involved I'd say just spoiler tag it like with the Robin intro segments, but we've got way more people involved this time.

I'm perfectly okay with that if others are. Just a quick question though, was Jack actually going to be counted for this or do i have to wait for the next real chapter over all

You guys slip by under a technicality actually.

MULTIPLE PLAYER CHARACTERS: The maximum allowed number of these per rper is currently three. You may only sign up one PC per chapter.

If we do a 'paralogue' chapter then ... yeah :lol:

Hold up, does poison start working right after the attack? I thought it started at the beginning of the dude's turn (which meant he still would have been hit with it, just during my post)

Also, Nimoeph's ability should have activated before Erion struck. Roll the hit and special die and if it connects Erion is stunned. He also doubles her.

And, I think she goes first? He already took his turn.

Phee, help? I was treating it like phases, but just didn't have Nim attack at first.

This was all sorted out last night what scorri did was correct and it was her turn because your guy got killed on a counter. It'd be unfair if you had gotten to go without her acting

Well, alright. And I was wrong about when the monk ability activated, but should I just do it when I counter? Also I was on the assumption that it worked like the magician counter and could autohit. Is that correct?

Stun Counter: When a monk is attacked, they roll for accuracy. If the roll is equal to or higher than their attacker's evade, the attacker is stunned for one turn. The stun counter is rolled after the enemy's initial attack.

Edit: Erion still doubles though, right? If that was his attack why did he only go once?

Edit:Edit: Are there guidelines for PvP in the sign up? I think we need some if not. I can never remember how it differs.

Edited by roymbrog

I know we did it wrong in the sparring match during the ship TS, but do you remember what the correct way to do doubling was? I... don't. It was either two attacks and then one or one and then two, but I think it was the first?

EDIT:

Ok, so Snike said it was aba/baa/aba/baa

Meaning Erion attacks, Nimph counters, then Erion finishes his double, then Nimph attacks, then Erion double counters rinse and repeat

Edited by roymbrog

"<This is a good bow. It's not my bow, but it's how I've always dreamed it would be.>" she said with a smile.

If it's not her bow, she shouldn't be able to spawn it. Were you there for the argument on IRC last night?

Tia then closed her eyes and imagined a giant tub full of water appearing before her. Something that would allow her to be able to use such mighty tomes in the first place.

I already have/had a plan to address this, so do not spawn anything else.

The heavy weight of two tomes plopping into Tia's arms was followed by a small squeak as the girl stumbled backwards, before looking down in shock. "The Advanced Hydromantic Volumes of Hyperactive Water Control AND the Insiders Study Guide to Mass Water Manipulation? Eeee! Been ages since I got to read these tomes!

This is also an issue.

Saying it plainly. You can only summon weapons you had right before this dream began.

Edited by Phoenix

Valter-15/15

Chelsea- 15/15

Arietta-24/24

Reign- 24/24

Tia- 18/18

Veronika-15/15

Grant-21/21

Sinbad-24/24

Synthia-12/12

Gytha-24/24

Nadya-21/21

Robin-15/15

Aneda-18/18

Gar-9/9

Katrina-24/24

Gabriella- 21/21

Norbert/Meatshield- 18/18

Faatina-15/15

Marella~ 24/24

Rook- 24/24

Zach- 15/15

Luka- 15/15

Mushirah- 24/24

Shadrak-18/18

Blake- 15/15

OK so strat so far imo is we get defends and heals up on the frail and the stunning duo, respectively, and have Sinbad (BAL THIS IS YOU IF YOU HAVEN'T ACTED YET) shoot the dragon head, alongside anyone who is above or equal to 12 might physically if they also run a healah. The idea is to get the head's attention, which may lead to a change in its' defensive statistics. THIS IS A GOOD THING if it happens.

Edited by Snike