The new FE10 draft tier list

Junkhead

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm.

how about Kieran/Makalov rising, due to p4 training, p2 exp dump.

And wyrmslayers for 4e-3

Is this a bad idea??

I could see Laura and Calill dropping below just for this. Beyond them? Sheesh NO!

First- Makalov and Kieran were that high due to Geoffrey not being free in the past. Now, theyre not as valuable and their availability really hurts them. Also, its better to bless Wyrmslayer with an undrafted unit.

Second- Calill. Well, she can be great in 3-9 with lots of BEXP + promotion. Depending on how much BEXP, she could 3 turn it (if she hits enough AS after meteor to double or adepts the boss and she 2RKOs naturally). Then, shes the most reliable sage in the desert and her resolve+flare+high speed is really awesome. She wrecks the map except a few 29-30 AS swordmasters if she doesnt have resolve at the time they attack her. Shes also decent in endgame. If you have nasir drafted, she can severely dent non-wardwood auras with rexflame.

First- Makalov and Kieran were that high due to Geoffrey not being free in the past. Now, theyre not as valuable and their availability really hurts them. Also, its better to bless Wyrmslayer with an undrafted unit.

Second- Calill. Well, she can be great in 3-9 with lots of BEXP + promotion. Depending on how much BEXP, she could 3 turn it (if she hits enough AS after meteor to double or adepts the boss and she 2RKOs naturally). Then, shes the most reliable sage in the desert and her resolve+flare+high speed is really awesome. She wrecks the map except a few 29-30 AS swordmasters if she doesnt have resolve at the time they attack her. Shes also decent in endgame. If you have nasir drafted, she can severely dent non-wardwood auras with rexflame.

Also, if one has enough units for the desert, she can go to Greils route and use restore

Why is there a top tier with something above it? If Haar is a cherry he's the cherry on top. I realize that this is not the first time it's happened, but it just occurred to me that some other name would be better.

I agree with you, but Titania and Sothe are really amazing. Not sure why Ike's up there, though. He should probably be closer to the rest of the GMs.

Edited by Radiant Dragon

• 1 month later...

Bumping this since I disagree with something.

Why is Edward below Nolan in NM drafts? Edward has a lot more chance of being able to 4 turn 1-4 than Nolan. Both are unneeded in 1-6 except for shoving sothe, something both can do. 1-7 is where theyre both promoting most likely. Both can do the same thing here. Assuming a forge for Edward and tier 2, he can ORKO the boss with a crit. Nolan can hammer him and kill him more reliably though. And Hand axes>wind edges but eddie himself shouldnt be missing any ORKOs from 1-2 range here either in NM. 1-8 they both do the same thing. Eddie with a bit less accuracy though thanks to wind edge sucking.

1-E is meh for both.

Then comes Part 3. Assuming Beastfoe Nolan and a crossbow he'll be really good in 3-6. But Eddie is also ORKOing stuff pretty reliably thanks to resolve + innate wrath and caladbolg. They both 7-8 turn the map assuming the player is competent. They perform mostly the same in 3-12, Nolan having an edge against the 2 range enemies due to Hand Axes once again...Both can do the same thing in 3-13. Kill Ike in 2-3 turns depending on if you have pass in the DB or not. Then comes part 4. None of them are gonna go to Silver due to desert so ill leave that out. Also, If Nasir isnt drafted, Edward>Nolan in endgame for what that is worth. I feel both perform mostly the same throughout the game in NM and should be slashed. :/

I do see Edward saving 2 turns at 1-4 as a reason for him to be better than Nolan. And that's about it, really. You're better off having him as the free 1-P - 1-2 unit and Nolan drafted. Nolan is a better unit because he has much better durability (aided by the 1-2 Dracoshield), better 2-range, and that better 2-range later means he can solo, or half-solo some Part 4 maps due to only needing Celerity to be able to do that while Edward would need Adept to 1RKO consistently.

Also, I feel like Boyd, Mia and Nephenee should be in high tier instead of mid tier. Especially Boyd. Hes practically a mini-Titania. With celerity and hand axes, hes a ORKO machine that never lets up. His only flaw is his SPD base severely dampering his usefulness in 3-P and possibly 3-1 if you get unlucky with BEXP. Nephenee is amazing in 2-2 to avoid the lucia penalty and she can have access to P2 BEXP to make her competent right off the bat in part 3. Her performance is a bit shaky at times due to javelin MT sucking but sentinel crit bonus + crit forges are good enough for 3-8 and 3-10.

They are not mid tier. They are alright were they are, as they are not worthy enough of being a 1rst round pick, either.

I am browsing through, and I am against two things. Tanith and Ranulf should swap Imo, Tanith is a perfect BExp unit, promotes soon, has flight to ferry ike in her starting chapter. Desert help. Possibly wyrmslayer on dheg.

Ranulf, although good, stillf suffers from lolcatgauge, strike training, no 2 range.

I also want Soren above Nailah, since this is a Draft tier list, units get favoritism. Bexp helps soren out, he's got speed, he has wind and fire tomes, possibly forges. Flare helps his durability. He can 1 turn 3-5. He also helps out by hitting Res instead of defense.

Done. (:

Hmm.

how about Kieran/Makalov rising, due to p4 training, p2 exp dump.

And wyrmslayers for 4e-3

Is this a bad idea??

It's not a bad idea, but it's not too good either. I think Kieran and Makalulz are alright where they are. They aren't even being too worthy of being picked due to Geoffrey being free. Habing another one of them would be redundant when Geoffrey can do the same with less cost.

I agree with you, but Titania and Sothe are really amazing. Not sure why Ike's up there, though. He should probably be closer to the rest of the GMs.

I lowered Ike to top of High, since he isn't as good as them.

Brom is available in Part 2, saving you from a 2-2 penalty and having the possiblity of being the reason for a 2-turn in 2-E if you've drafted Marcia. He's also available throughout most of Part 3, while Tanith isn't. That outdoes Tanith's flying advantage that only really helps in 3-11 and 4-3.

Mordecai's only significant advantage on Brom is that he has 9 Mov, but Brom can overcome that with Celerity. The concrete durability advantage hardly matters, as Brom still tanks hits perfectly fine. Brom also has 2-range and isn't limited to a laguz gauge.

Staff utility and Meteor shenanigans at 4-5. Staff utility, mostly. He only needs an A-rank to use the Rescue staff, and that is one Arms Scroll away (easily obtainable before going into the tower).

Brom is available in Part 2, saving you from a 2-2 penalty and having the possiblity of being the reason for a 2-turn in 2-E if you've drafted Marcia. He's also available throughout most of Part 3, while Tanith isn't. That outdoes Tanith's flying advantage that only really helps in 3-11 and 4-3.

Mordecai's only significant advantage on Brom is that he has 9 Mov, but Brom can overcome that with Celerity. The concrete durability advantage hardly matters, as Brom still tanks hits perfectly fine. Brom also has 2-range and isn't limited to a laguz gauge.

6+2 is 8

Is 8 all of a sudden>9?

And, I see Brom going AFTER The Fliers and 2nd string GMs/DBs

Oh, and btw.

Arms scrolls do not raise staff rank.

6+2 is 8

Is 8 all of a sudden>9?

^Thinks I didn't know that.

Does Mordecai still have 2-range and no gauge to deal with?

And, I see Brom going AFTER The Fliers and 2nd string GMs/DBs

And that's why Tanith > Brom?

Oh, and btw.

Arms scrolls do not raise staff rank.

Yes, they do. Check again.

^Thinks I didn't know that.

Does Mordecai still have 2-range and no gauge to deal with?

And that's why Tanith > Brom?

Yes, they do. Check again.

1. that was sarcasm

2. Tiger Gauge is kinda slow

3. Well, I guess Brom is underrated.

4. :facepalm:

1. that was sarcasm

I know. But that still doesn't justify Mordecai > Brom.

2. Tiger Gauge is kinda slow

Mordecai is slower.

The gauge means he can't get into a mosh-pit of enemies in fear of untransforming.

:facepalm:

;/

Yeah.

Excuse me while I go commit Hara-Kiri.

I don't see how Mak>Neal though.

Geoff is free now, and while Mak is decent-I can't see why he's>Nealuchi.

Also, Kieran> Rhys and Leo?

I thought he was kinda redundent and had speed/skill problems AND bad caps.

I don't see how Mak>Neal though. Geoff is free now, and while Mak is decent-I can't see why he's>Nealuchi.

Oh yeah? Why don't you debate about it? >8]

Also, Kieran> Rhys and Leo?

I thought he was kinda redundent and had speed/skill problems AND bad caps.

Obviously. Rhys sucks and has trouble just to stop getting 1RKO'd by everything, then his Spd issues. He'll never double unless you give him like, two Speedwings, tons of BEXP and THEN a Seal.

Lolnardo is a lolarcher who has crappy durability, offense and yeah, that's about it. He saves like a grand total of 2-turns by chipping.

Having seen the turn saving effect advantages of sal striked nealuchi...i can see makalov and a few others being worse than him. Seriously...nealuchi is pretty ridic. I had to make him my free 2-2 unit and sal strike him in order to 4 turn it. Also, he saves 3 turns over those who couldnt grab elincia...

Also.

I can't see why Lyre>Rolf.

Rolf levels fast, cap rams str, gets marksman, etc.

Lyre needs a drop or 2, bexp slowplay, a sign, adept, and maybe a draco,

Then again, you have your own reasons.

In drafts, Lyre is able to take resources like the Energy Drop, Blossom and BEXP without much costs. Rolf does the same, but does he ever get good 1-range? No, he doesn't. Lyre does get good combat, though, even if it is pretty late in Part 3 to be too useful. I don't think a Sniper is of much use in Part 3, unless it's Shinon, who already starts out great and able to 1RKO.

What is shinon doing in 3-1 that rolf isnt doing? He can crit with the killer bow, he can most likely double everything by now. He only has worse durability. But it isnt lol rhys durability mode. You are just really biased against rolf if you sincerely think he is worse than lyre...or a bunch of people higher than him for that matter.

Rolf does the same, but does he ever get good 1-range? No, he doesn't.

But at least he has 1 range, be it with Bowgun, Crossbow, whatever...BUT HE HAS 1-2 RANGE, whereas Lyre is stuck in 1 range. Rolf beats her in that, unless you're giving her an unreliable Quickclaw (where she's mostly dodging and if it's activated, her str won't be really good, yet she can do it, but, again, it is unreliable). Besides Rolf can be given Resolve/Wrath for better 1-range.