Fire Emblem: Dream of Five

AstraLunaSol

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just want to clarify that even though I voted hard, I liked the difficulty most of time.

Intended it to be a hard hack, so people who said hard are right in my audience zone.

I don't understands why you're changing to remove the door and make it an event.

Mind clearing that up?

Enjo and co. keep their equipment, meaning that they can have door keys. If there was a door, they'd open it up and suicide into things. Also if they didn't have door keys, some would have ranged weapons, resulting in them suiciding in their cells. It happens even if i give them a don't move ai, so the event tile was the only way to make it work.

#romhackingproblems

Voted hard and 12. Game's tough but refreshingly so. And as much as I'd like to see a new patch soon after I just played, I'd like to have a more complete experience much more so. Fine with waiting.

I love this hack. I voted hard. Chapters 14A and 14B are extremely hard to completed or rather they take a long time to do so, there's also a scarcity of weapons but maybe it's just me.

Quick question, is xin'Khen recruitable in 14B? If not, is he there for a reason? I rescued him and stood on the stairs to get him out of the room, and use him as a meat shield against the bosses but he doesn't move so he's useless beyond that point. Sorry if you already answered those questions.

He is not recruitable. I was going to have him have a talk with vixenk/seymour and have them receive an item (like a goddess icon or something). That's also to show that he's still in the castle to take on the bosses, it's just that he needs time to recover.

don't worry jubs it'll get more difficult and easier at the same time

slightly more damage for enemies but their defences will be lowered a bit

also less spammy/constant waves of enemies and more giant groups of enemies spawning at the same time

also giving pcs more weapons that are better like killer weapons

everything should balance out

hopefully

Went with hard but Dan and Lumi already know how tedious I find this hack and 12 because 5 chapters is not nearly enough now that you've already released 15/18(?)

Interesting playthroughs I've had but it might have been hard to me it was fun to play the game nonetheless. Also I said 12 chapters mainly due to the fact that I want to see more story of the project and I can wait as need be.

Dream of Five is pathetic, you're all scrubs. Also I want five chapters because I want everyone to be able to use my character that much sooner. 83

It isn't intentional. I don't really know how that would work.

It's quite odd, especially since no one else has had the issue. Try another ROM/older or new version of the emulator?

It isn't intentional. I don't really know how that would work.

It's quite odd, especially since no one else has had the issue. Try another ROM/older or new version of the emulator?

Alright, I'll try that and see what happens.

EDIT: Tried everything I could, does the same thing. Idk what the problem is, but I just can't seem to get it to work.

Another EDIT: I think I've found the problem. I'll check that and see if it works.

Edited by Rokklaggio

Man, it feels good to play this again, considering how my computer imploded back in January. Back on 10A and am doing really well with units. As in, Chester isn't horrible for once. Now I realize that I never found those Master Seals, so I guess I should start looking. I remember it involving killing a certain unit, but everyone except the Bolting Mages in the top left and the boss are dead. That, and I cant seem to reach said mages.

For some reason, I can't go to 7A. It'll ask me if I want to, and when I pick 'Yes', it'll do the conversation thing, but then it'll act like I picked No, and Renair will say whatever she says for Onduris. Is that intentional, or...?

I'm running into this issue as well. I'll note that I was able to go to Musain on my last playthrough. There's also a conversation that isn't firing this time I think, between Driscoll/Juan/other people on where to go.

Only difference I can think is that I left Amelia dead on my most recent playthrough- is there a script that checks if characters are alive that's causing the problem maybe?

It shouldn't be that, since the only thing that it checks is what you've selected. (Yes/No)

TEX1 0x087E
IFYN 0x12
MORETEXT 0x087F
MNCH 0x07
STAL 1
ELSE 0x13
ENIF 0x12
MORETEXT 0x0880
MNCH 0x04
ENIF 0x13

I'll try running through CH6 really quickly.

Hm, nothing.

Edited by AstraLunaSol

Did a third playthrough with all characters surviving- can go to Musain as usual now. And once I killed off a character and completed the chapter the scene "skipped" right from Renair and the soldiers to the decision (no yellow text box, characters discussing where to go etc.)

Edited by -Cynthia-

That's really weird.

Amelia dying (from your first post) shouldn't affect anything, since the only people that have something attached to their death is the people who show up in the ch6 ending scene. (Driscoll, Juan, etc)

Furthermore, the map cg and yellow text aren't connected to the y/n selection anyway, they're connected to the death conditions mentioned above.