Fire Emblem: Dream of Five

AstraLunaSol

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not even ancient

i guess that's better than Mad libs _______(generic ancient evil) _________ but still!

the main villain had better be this evil and not being controlled by the evil in some last ditch effort to make the villain seem sympathetic when really it just ruins all of the tension behind getting rid of the villain.

... who the hell is the main villain anyways? there hasn't been any indication as to who they might be and if the main villain turns out to be farell I'm going to rage myself out of existence.

Edited by ShinyPichu

@Wayward Winds: Unless someone (Cam) ASMs something that disables stealing the Alch's Glove, it will always be thieved by my tank, Chester. Heck, if a boss or an enemy has a promotion item or something useful, just bring chester. He'll steal everything >:D

Also, about the gold edge, it doesn't explain where Renair got it, and she never explains it. It's just there. But, as you probably know, we'll have to wait for the next release to figure it out...

you get promo items for the two other lords at ch18

Okay. That means I don't have to freak out and try to train them before ch. 18. Hehehe.

Also, how many chapters will this hack cover? The route split probably used up most of the chapters... right?

the main villain had better be this evil and not being controlled by the evil in some last ditch effort to make the villain seem sympathetic when really it just ruins all of the tension behind getting rid of the villain.

... who the hell is the main villain anyways? there hasn't been any indication as to who they might be and if the main villain turns out to be farell I'm going to rage myself out of existence.

oh no he's definitely evil

there will be an indication in the next patch

def not farrell

@Wayward Winds: Unless someone (Cam) ASMs something that disables stealing the Alch's Glove, it will always be thieved by my tank, Chester. Heck, if a boss or an enemy has a promotion item or something useful, just bring chester. He'll steal everything >:D

Also, how many chapters will this hack cover? The route split probably used up most of the chapters... right?

it's called the boss will have an unbreakable zephyr so you can't run out the weapon of uses to drop his speed to 18, making it stealable

there are 45ish total chapters

1 run through gives like 35

Not even close

Oh... lol.

I've got to stop being dumb... this happened on the last topic...

And thanks for clarifying about the chapters, Astra.

The last boss will be a giant, epic, creature thing, right?

Edited by PixelmanFE

def not farrell

thank goodness.

there are 45ish total chapters

1 run through gives like 35

huh that's almost as long as radiant dawn. looks like you might have a bit of trouble balancing game mechanics and holding attention story wise. there also better be one hell of a final battle and payoff for going through all of it.

it's called the boss will have an unbreakable zephyr so you can't run out the weapon of uses to drop his speed to 18, making it stealable

I tried doing this and got halfway done then it turned out you didn't have to, you could just steal it. I figured it was because only the base speed of 18 mattered.

But yeah you can steal it without running the zephyr out.

huh that's almost as long as radiant dawn. looks like you might have a bit of trouble balancing game mechanics and holding attention story wise. there also better be one hell of a final battle and payoff for going through all of it.

inb4 3rd tiers

If we keep getting exp at the current pace the level curve shouldn't be too bad (maybe capping a little early). And in most games exp stagnates around mid/mid-late because enemies refuse to make the jump to 2nd tier until very late.

I tried doing this and got halfway done then it turned out you didn't have to, you could just steal it. I figured it was because only the base speed of 18 mattered.

But yeah you can steal it without running the zephyr out.

Bother. Well that's twenty (?) turns of damage absorption with Bellona that I could have avoided. (I don't do LTC runs, but that doesn't mean I don't care about my turncount.)

...If my hunch is right and Zephyr ends up in our hands eventually (as the last scene of Onduris seemed to indicate), then it being unbreakable might be a... gamebreaker. So if that is the case, give us another version!

def not Farrell

...I'm going to file this away under 'possible disinformation'. It seems a bit of a large plot point to 'reveal'. And besides, who said Farrel can't do a backstab at the last minute? Or be backstabbed. That's the problem with villains; they always try and off each other.

Edited by Wayward Winds

inb4 3rd tiers

If we keep getting exp at the current pace the level curve shouldn't be too bad (maybe capping a little early). And in most games exp stagnates around mid/mid-late because enemies refuse to make the jump to 2nd tier until very late.

This, please make sure enemies are promoted and/or really strong once your force can be. Even the hardest FEs turn into babbymode after promo items start rolling in. The best romhacks are even guilty of this

fuck it

time to increase all the stats by 5 and be done with it

and there's only 1 romhack that is technically complete

if you guys want me to make this shit completely unfair hard, i definitely can do that but i'm trying to maintain a decent balance

and if it's easier for you then good job, you have blessed units

Edited by AstraLunaSol

set all def growths to 0 and you're about halfway there

Would you be interested in doing a 0% run of this game? If my awful stats are any indication, I think it's possible.

no Astra, don't do that, I want to enjoy the game without having to be in maso mode

So, I've recently started playing this recently and I'm loving it I won't buy FE14 unless it has a Jeigan exactly like Garath but I have a little question, I don't know if someone mentioned this before but when I activated the support talk for Amelia and Ilanice (this happened in both C and B I don't know about A), some other support between some units I haven't even seen yet. Is this some error or their support is not ready and that is a replacement?

Also, I know the final boss is a giant demon bunny

This, please make sure enemies are promoted and/or really strong once your force can be. Even the hardest FEs turn into babbymode after promo items start rolling in. The best romhacks are even guilty of this

I actually found TLP a lot harder after my units started promoting. :mellow:

and there's only 1 romhack that is technically complete

Of the chocolate ones perhaps but there are plenty of balance/difficulty hacks I've played that are complete, and down to the one they turn into relative babbymode after promotions.

if you guys want me to make this shit completely unfair hard, i definitely can do that but i'm trying to maintain a decent balance

Doing balancing of lance and axe users would go a long way, but increasing difficulty from where you have it would be a welcome change in my book. This is subjective, however. I enjoy brutal hacks. Others don't. There isn't really a neutral objective way to analyze and control this.

Personally I think Queen Elincia's FE8 hack is a good reference.

set all def growths to 0 and you're about halfway there

lol I love the way dondon thinks

Edited by Trepanation

Okay, thanks for clarifying that eclipse ^^

now I just have to try to not get creeped out with the generic NPC eyes

Yeah it's just that most supports aren't written and they are pointed to arbitrary support addresses right now

It'll be fixed once we actually get around to writing the convos