Fire Emblem: Dream of Five

AstraLunaSol

So I guess I'll post these.

jauga.png

Remember guys, Jauger is the Est.

I'm also going to mention that the next patch will contain the Aukema Arc. Which if all goes as planned will have 5 chapters and 1 gaiden added to the existing patch.

The reason why I've decided on that is so we can get the consensus on how we're doing with the transition with Eclipse as writer and if I'm making the transition of unpromoted to promoted playable characters well.

Dunno on a release date yet, but it would be great to have it before the end of the year, so I'll try for that.

I've finished and tested Ch15 and Ch16 and have started on Ch17. The biggest roadblock I have at the moment is probably going to be animations, as all the lords will promote in this section of the game.

so if anyone is good at battle sprite animating please halp

Also, going to need betatesters soon, of course I'll ask my previous ones first though.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't been here in a while and I really don't want to read through 20+ pages so I'll just ask here. I see a lot of progress is being done and a little revamping. What's changing about the current patch/chapters and will we have to restart from chapter 1 when the next patch is released?

You don't technically if you have a team with really good stats you want to keep, but the text is completely revamped and I sure as hell hope you'll at least make a second file to read those because eclipse is amazing and worked very hard on the revamped script

Also you get a moving wagon instead of tent and if you use old saves you don't get that wagon

I have 5 files in which i'm not gonna get a wagon :c

Edited by Ezio Auditore da Firenze

The biggest change would be the convoy can MOVE.

Everything else is a difficulty boost/better weapons for the player.

Also slightly changed dialogue because Eclipse.

You can choose to restart if you want for the text/moving convoy, but it shouldn't affect anything otherwise.

Oh and if I have time, talk conversations throughout the existing chapters.

Edited by AstraLunaSol

I see... while I'd like to start and see everything that's new as well as get the new weapons (special weapons were truly a rare thing to come by in the previous patch) both my saves in Routes A and B were so polarizing when nearly every single character that sucked in one route was great in the other. I'm not sure I want to give that up and risk starting over and getting screwed just for the sake of a wagon...

Wait wait wait difficulty BOOST?!

So I guess I'll post these.

jauga.png

1) Remember guys, Jauger is the Est.

2) I'm also going to mention that the next patch will contain the Aukema Arc. Which if all goes as planned will have 5 chapters and 1 gaiden added to the existing patch.

The reason why I've decided on that is so we can get the consensus on how we're doing with the transition with Eclipse as writer and if I'm making the transition of unpromoted to promoted playable characters well.

Dunno on a release date yet, but it would be great to have it before the end of the year, so I'll try for that.

3) I've finished and tested Ch15 and Ch16 and have started on Ch17. The biggest roadblock I have at the moment is probably going to be animations, as all the lords will promote in this section of the game.

4) Also, going to need betatesters soon, of course I'll ask my previous ones first though.

(Okay, so I'm late responding. But I don't have 25/8 internet access at the moment... was that a cheer I just heard?)

1) Yeah, but those are promotion gains shown, so we'd expect that sort of growth.

2)Like anyone's going to complain if the next update gets shifted up a bit. Sure, I'm looking forward to Vishara and the presumed frosty maps within, but resolving the cliffhangers of Ch. 14 (A and B) and FEE3 are more important to me at the moment. (I'm almost regretting voting for Vishara)

3) So Seymour and Arcus aren't going to be recolours of Knight Lord and Great Lord after promotion? Intriguing...

4) You probably don't want me to beta test. I pick up on the most irrelevant things at times. Plus, I'm just starting my new year at university, and that means I likely wouldn't be able to finish in a reasonable timeframe.

5) You don't technically if you have a team with really good stats you want to keep, but the text is completely revamped and I sure as hell hope you'll at least make a second file to read those because eclipse is amazing and worked very hard on the revamped script

6) Also you get a moving wagon instead of tent and if you use old saves you don't get that wagon

I have 5 files in which i'm not gonna get a wagon :c

5) Of course we're going to replay (even if we try going forward with our existing teams). Who knows what new freebies you've parked in, not to mention the story revamps. Even if that means replaying the equivalent of an entire FE game. (Darkwrights + Fugitive + Musain + Onduris arcs add up to something like thirty chapters. That's more than the Sacred Stones had full stop... okay, so I'm excluding the Tower and those f***ing ruins!)

6) But... isn't the original tent > wagon promotion script still going to be buried in the programming somewhere? As in, we'll still get the wagon, it'll just take longer (until Katrina hits lv. 20)? I don't think we'll mind if she spouts Merlinus' lines on promotion...

I'm not really sure about Katrina promotion

I can't really test since I think the highest-levelled Katrina I have is around 17 or 18 and there's not enough chapters for me to get her promoted so I'll let Astra on that one

The file I just tested 16 with had level 11 Katrina though (it was a very early test file before Astra ramped up her level) so that one's doomed

I'm not really sure about Katrina promotionI can't really test since I think the highest-levelled Katrina I have is around 17 or 18 and there's not enough chapters for me to get her promoted so I'll let Astra on that one The file I just tested 16 with had level 11 Katrina though (it was a very early test file before Astra ramped up her level) so that one's doomed

...I've got a level 19 Katrina coming out of Onduris (as in, lv. 19 counting the pre-chapter 15 level up, so she'd hit lv. 20 provided she then survived Ch. 15). She would have been a level higher, but I foolishly didn't bother deploying her in Ch. 9B - even as bait. I could always pass over the .sav file.

...No, wait, if the FEE3 video is any indication, having Katrina survive Ch. 15 would require one heck of a sentry effort. Still, the offer's there if anyone does want to test it...

a level 19 katrina might be able to do it, if anything I can completely change my playstyle and spend about 30 turns guarding her instead of doing what I usually do

If astra doesn't say anything then I'll take the save. I won't be able to get to it until Friday though.

Wait wait wait difficulty BOOST?!

Yep

1) Yeah, but those are promotion gains shown, so we'd expect that sort of growth.

3) So Seymour and Arcus aren't going to be recolours of Knight Lord and Great Lord after promotion? Intriguing...

5) Of course we're going to replay (even if we try going forward with our existing teams). Who knows what new freebies you've parked in, not to mention the story revamps. Even if that means replaying the equivalent of an entire FE game. (Darkwrights + Fugitive + Musain + Onduris arcs add up to something like thirty chapters. That's more than the Sacred Stones had full stop... okay, so I'm excluding the Tower and those f***ing ruins!)

6) But... isn't the original tent > wagon promotion script still going to be buried in the programming somewhere? As in, we'll still get the wagon, it'll just take longer (until Katrina hits lv. 20)? I don't think we'll mind if she spouts Merlinus' lines on promotion...

That is a base Jauger after a promotion.

At the very least they'll be edited.

24 chapters.

It'll happen automatically if you reach 20 then complete another map.

...And Do5 has never actually been unfair about its difficulty. Unfair is things like;

>FE Girls, where characters frequently miss 94% hit rates.

>Or the idea of getting Sain to fight every single FE7 girl - plus a whole load of generic maids and female soldiers AND... 'Lily'. On his own. That's the premise of Ch. 2 of 'Maiden Quest', which I've yet to figure out the trick to.

>Meanwhile, there's the infamous 'Matthew's Nightmare', which expects - among a whole load of other nasty little things - the player to have a literal photographic memory and the patience of a saint.

>On slightly fairer grounds, the older version of League of Champions I'm grinding through at the moment just loves to drop never ending torrents of level 15 cavaliers on you with no warning (while you're likely lv. 3 or some other hopelessly low number). Or catches you between ballistae, paladins and an impossible-to-beat sniper. In a chokepoint, and it's snowing. Yes, it's tougher the the most recent version. Much tougher.

So no, I'm not complaining about Do5's difficulty. At the moment I use it to relax after being walloped by any of the above, and while it may be tough, it's fair tough. As long as that trend continues, I doubt the difficulty boost is going to be that bad. This isn't a ragefest Astra's building.

...yet.

ragefest is hard mode

the eventual hard mode

Also, curious, what would you, the players, want to know more about in the world?

I intend on putting more info houses into the game in the next update so it would be useful to know what to expound on and explain.

maybe not explain too much but definitely mention more things

The problem with houses is that they are essentially wasting a turn. In Dream of Five, wasting a turn is a bad idea for the most part. Maybe give some lore in a village when you get an item.

I'm fine with the difficulty actually. I think the enemies being tough is a good thing. I just hate all the rushing. A lot of the maps have turn limits or other things like that, and incredibly strong/numerous reinforcements. It pressures me to speed up, when I'd rather just kind of turtle my way through the difficulty.

Also I suppose things like mythology or other flavor would be cool to read

To be fair the "rush" chapters are during times where you're kinda being chased across the country and it kinda breaks immersion to just take a leisurely stroll while people are chasing you

TBH you can probably turtle a little since I have no trouble finishing it in half the allotted time without even rescuedropping

Is the storm blocking that Svanhilde location ever alluded to in the story? Perhaps we could hear some lore about that, as well as more on the southeast nation whose name eludes me at the moment. Although personally I'd like to know more about how much the support system has improved. :P

>Or the idea of getting Sain to fight every single FE7 girl - plus a whole load of generic maids and female soldiers AND... 'Lily'. On his own. That's the premise of Ch. 2 of 'Maiden Quest', which I've yet to figure out the trick to.

this should show roughly where all the important things are (yes i broke the chapter but this was an extremely old build [like check the date on that vid build])

it actually isn't that bad

(for that matter this hack isn't that bad either)

Thanks CT075! And I do like Maiden Quest, despite the difficulty. It makes me laugh.

...For the record though I don't want an in depth discussion on it. Not after I unwittingly provided the fuel for a major argument over on the Last Promise thread. (And I'd rather not see this thread go wildly off topic, let alone be the one responsible).

Hm, what lore for houses... Pretty much the usual stuff really; general background stuff. But to narrow it down to one request, I'd like to see more on Aukema itself. I know we were mooching around in the backwaters, but we learnt virtually nothing about Aukema's normal political structure, cultural curiosities and matters of everyday living. Heck, in the prologue to Chapter 6 I think we learnt more about the rest of the world than Aukema! Despite being in Aukema!

...Plus, that gives you the next six odd chapters to slot things in, given where we're headed.

The "rushing" didn't really bother me. I wasn't too keen on being swamped with glass weapons in late Onduris, but in retrospect I think it should stay. It fits with the mental image that I've managed to acquire of Onduris - that they like their combat flashy (glass), fast (low weight), vicious (high might), yet not too drawn out (low durability). So, I actually like glass weapons as a local speciality.

South east nation is Gral Sethes (I think), and I believe part of its concept is that no one really knows what goes on inside its borders. So, I wouldn't expect to learn about it unless/until we actually go there.