Fire Emblem: Dream of Five

AstraLunaSol

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Furetchen is made of manly. Also he'll get a mug update sometime later. I designed the new mug last night. :3

Sorry to draw away from the character slots, but I want to report that the Thunder Sword still has the Light Brand affinity.

I believe Light Brand's affinity is hard coded. Thunder Sword uses Light Brand's item slot.

My bigger issue on that point is probably the fact that by the time I got chase, I was down to Furet's Greatbow, a 12 or so use Steel, and a nearly depleted Iron bow between ALL my people. I ended up just stealing Chase's bow and giving it to Crowe so I can USE him without fear of running out of weapons. Granted, I am not exactly speed-running, and farmed reinforcements most of the time, but the money situation in Onduris is rather nasty. it's not much help to have shops available when you don't even have any money to use from chapter 6 to begin with.

Think it's possible to put some gem/cash in between 6 and 9B?

What Anou said about reinforcements. While some do give exp, most don't, and farming them for exp really isn't worth the effort. You're much better off playing casually efficient, as you'll get the benefits of still getting decently leveled characters while not wasting as much weaponry. That being said, there IS another gem in chapter 3. If you take a look at the map's layout, it's actually in a pretty easy-to-figure out area, not just out in the middle of nowhere. As it is a secret item, I can't disclose its exact location, but IMO it's pretty easy to find. It's easy to miss, especially since there's no Augury to tell you where it is, but treat is as the Hero Axe or something. Except better because you can buy a ton of weapons with it instead of just one 50 use axe that Furet can't even use at that point.

Anyway, Chase got a boost to his bases.

Edited by Luminescent Kitty

The thing is, I don't use auto level for characters that are on their correct route.

Auto level likes to give stats. Hence why you see Enjo and co. back at base instead of me auto leveling them one level. (Enjo had 17 magic at level 12)

The reason this probably happens is because Enjo's level in the character editor is very low. Example (spoiled for potential size):

First, I changed Lyn's auto level to 16.

screenhunter02aug161118.jpg

If we go into the character editor, we see her base level is 1.

screenhunter01aug161118.jpg

So, to prove we aren't just randomly gaining stats some how, lets change all the growths to 0 except HP which will be 100 so that we know it goes up every level.

lyn1.png

When we open the game, we see all her stats except HP are at base, and her HP has increased 15 points. Yay...

screenhunter03aug161120.jpg

So now, let's change Lyn's level in the character editor to 15.

lyn2.png

As we can see, her HP increases by only 1 now.

So, the reason Enjo's stats seem to go up so much is because he is likely being auto leveled by ~5+ levels instead of one or two.

NOTE: I do not know how this effects enemy and NPC levels since they use class growths or something.

Edited by Blademaster!

I believe Light Brand's affinity is hard coded.

It is, as are the Wind Sword and Runesword. Unfortunately, when Hex went through stuff related to those three weapons forever ago (finding the function that halves Strength, etc.), he didn't happen to come across where the magic affinities were at. So, unless someone else happens to dig through the assembly code and find it, it's something that won't be changed for a while.

The reason this probably happens is because Enjo's level in the character editor is very low. Example (spoiled for potential size):

First, I changed Lyn's auto level to 16.

screenhunter02aug161118.jpg

If we go into the character editor, we see her base level is 1.

screenhunter01aug161118.jpg

So, to prove we aren't just randomly gaining stats some how, lets change all the growths to 0 except HP which will be 100 so that we know it goes up every level.

lyn1.png

When we open the game, we see all her stats except HP are at base, and her HP has increased 15 points. Yay...

screenhunter03aug161120.jpg

So now, let's change Lyn's level in the character editor to 15.

lyn2.png

As we can see, her HP increases by only 1 now.

So, the reason Enjo's stats seem to go up so much is because he is likely being auto leveled by ~5+ levels instead of one or two.

NOTE: I do not know how this effects enemy and NPC levels since they use class growths or something.

Yeah, I know how it works. Enjo is level 11 however. In Nightmare.

It is, as are the Wind Sword and Runesword. Unfortunately, when Hex went through stuff related to those three weapons forever ago (finding the function that halves Strength, etc.), he didn't happen to come across where the magic affinities were at. So, unless someone else happens to dig through the assembly code and find it, it's something that won't be changed for a while.

So I guess dealwithit.gif will work here

i have to admit i've been getting my ass kicked by this hack... not use to constantly moving all the time.

thats more of my fault then anything, fun stuff still

EDIT: i stand to correct myself.

on chapter 5 if i move too fast, i get owned by enemys i didn't see in the fog, if i move too slow then i'm owned by the enemys in the back.

Edited by HF Makalov Fanboy Kai

Furetchen is made of manly. Also he'll get a mug update sometime later. I designed the new mug last night. :3

Oh ^^' show me I want to see it :lol:

Furet is god of DoF.

Always.

If it wasn't for him my whole team would be extinct :^_^:. BTW is he a jeigan or an oifaye?

Oh ^^' show me I want to see it :lol:

If it wasn't for him my whole team would be extinct :^_^:. BTW is he a jeigan or an oifaye?

Sent via PM.

He's the ultimate Jeigan. Kinda like FE6 Marcus in Hard Mode. His growths range from mediocre to downright terrible (a total of 210), but his bases really do last, and every speed point gained on him prolongs his usefulness by another x amount of chapters.

I plan on taking him to endgame and feeding him all my boosters, and giving him a Renair A support. :3333

Edited by Luminescent Kitty