Fire Emblem: Dream of Five

AstraLunaSol

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Kopfjager: I find your Renair's defense even more impressive, honestly. While her str is insanely blessed, Renair never hits 10 def before promotion on on average, and it's at a far lower growth than her str. And lol@ Lumi skill. That's pretty terrible screwage right there, since that's a -3 from the averages. but str is a +2 and the def is a +1. And how the hell did my luck get that high

that's the highest I've ever seen it before promotion

holy crap

Lumi the swordfighter needs a more badass attitude based on her looks, she is way too passive.

Lumi

passive

what

okay. go do LumiKolbane supports. That thing is a yellingfest.\

Onduris Route:

- Chase feels superflous since Crowe should be superior to him in all aspects by the time you get him.

The dancer is cuter than the bard by far though.

on Chase: He's the more speed-oriented archer. His bases are not terrible enough that you can't use him, seeing that 9B is wyvern fest, and he has really good speed and luck growths, making him a useful dodgetank, whereas Crowe is made of sheer offense. I'd say Chase is more defensive oriented, having better def and res on average, but Chase does have massive HP lead on him forever. Crowe can critblicked should you fail to keep him out of the way, but no generic enemy have 16 or more skill at this point, whereeas Chase's base 7 luck and far better luck growth pretty much means no crit on him except +crit promoted classes and killer weapons.

I personally prefer Crowe anyway, but Chase isn't terribly useless should you want a second archer. Maybe he could do with a bases boost, or something, though.

And well yeah, the bard's a dude.

Edited by Luminescent Kitty

Diffcultty is way too high earlygame

Learn to spell difficulty and things will just improve from there.

I recommend giving Furetchen the Warrior a higher defense base tho he is the strongest earlygame character

Really? A prepromote is strong in the earlygame?

he can still die easily and that can be very cringeworthy.

Wow, it's almost like we tried to add a degree of difficulty!

Lumi the swordfighter needs a more badass attitude based on her looks, she is way too passive.

Have we been reading the same script?

Amelia and Alanice? LOLwut? Why did they join again?

Ilanice, whose name you can't even fucking spell, joined because she was tailing the Darkwrights but lacked the strength to bring them down on her own. Can you even fucking read?

A few of the character faces don't match their respective class for example Alanice, all pegasus riders have a headband or a hairband and light armor but the face mug of this one has nothing in common with her class she looks like a simple civilian with exotic hair color plain and boring.

And armour. SHE IS ARMOURED. DID YOU EVEN LOOK AT THE MUG BEFORE WASTING MY TIME HERE.

"Sers" instead of "Sirs" not really a problem with "sers" but it would be more amusing if characters from different countries used different words it would make more variety so to say.

I considered briefly having ser be Musain-specific. Then I decided people would only bitch at me more if it wasn't consistent.

All in all I like what ive played. The archer is one badass MOFO!

Your approval fills me with shame.

Is this in the newest patch? If you didn't use the August 7 fix, I suggest applying that patch, since Dan says he fixed it.

Edit: Or that.

Edited by Luminescent Kitty

c1f8fa9ec8bce784d3b188f5769ea512.png

Damn!Lyndra looks good and well (polished?). I'm curious do the split routes contain exclusive characters that you recruit, or is it like Sacred Stones in which you get the other paths' characters when/if the path converges?

Oh, damn it,

If you didn't get a character b/c of going to Route X, maybe just make them a few levels higher to a point where Autolevel doesn't get ridiculous on Route Y.

Edited by Joekitty

Oh, damn it,

If you didn't get a character b/c of going to Route X, maybe just make them a few levels higher to a point where Autolevel doesn't get ridiculous on Route Y.

The thing is, I don't use auto level for characters that are on their correct route.

Auto level likes to give stats. Hence why you see Enjo and co. back at base instead of me auto leveling them one level. (Enjo had 17 magic at level 12)

And while the "use another character slot" plan can work, I don't want to spare out several unit IDs, as I'm extremely conservative about using them.

Is the autolevel Feature in FE7 different than FE8? at least the methods in working. Technically you shouldn't worry about autolevel screw ups since IMO they're analogous to RNG bad luck, in reality all you can do is restart the chapter until the stats aren't to effed up or deal with it like you would when you get crappy level ups. I would suggest sticking with autolevel because it's more consistent with normal gameplay. I'm under the impression autolevel works like normal level ups, if I'm wrong then this is kind of pointless. Or go with Joekitty's suggestion and make them relatively under leveled compared to the enemies, or make up for it through their inventory.

Edit. AT what point does autolevel take effect? Is it based on the characters Level and class in the Nightmare Module? I believe it's based on their NMM settings.

Edited by rohan

I'm back to

A) make an ASM hack

B) using alternate character slots

except I say you sacrifice a few generic enemy slots for this purpose. While I can't say whether this is a sacrifice you can make without knowing your position, I don't think it's usually necessary to have as many generic enemy slots as FE7 uses per chapter--I have an average of 2-3 per chapter, typically--so you may find that you have some unused generic enemy slots that can be used for better purposes, i.e. this

Just a possibility you may or may not have thought of :\ if you have and there's still no space, then I'm sorry for wasting your time. and mine

IIRC we have one unit slot per chapter unless there's drops or something.

I'm not entirely sure since I don't hack, but I think that's what we use.

Alternate character slots have several issues. There's the support tables, and there's actually the support screen. Now, it might not be that important in terms of gameplay, but as one of the artists, having two of the same exact units in the support screen feels awkward, looks awkward, and not to mention one of them is gonna be greyed out forever. That's a major issue aethestically. That and support slots themselves are an issue.

If anyone who knows how to ASM that, I'm sure we'd be willing to take your help, or I think Dan would, at least. I don't know how to, though.

Alternate character slots have several issues. There's the support tables, and there's actually the support screen. Now, it might not be that important in terms of gameplay, but as one of the artists, having two of the same exact units in the support screen feels awkward, looks awkward, and not to mention one of them is gonna be greyed out forever. That's a major issue aethestically. That and support slots themselves are an issue.

Sorry, ASL said it could work so I figured that he figured a way around it. I suppose every unit with support data is automatically in the support screen, huh? That would indeed be a problem. You could either ASM hack the support screen or just ASM hack autoleveling (statistical things tend to be easier so you may want to go with that).

And with as many people in the credits list as you have I don't think getting people to help you with this is a problem, is it? Meh, I guess I shouldn't assume that, but you're friends with Rey, right? I thought he knew ASM... or else it was my profound imagination again *shrug* Nintenlord's busy with the FE12 translation, you can't borrow him right now

on Chase: He's the more speed-oriented archer. His bases are not terrible enough that you can't use him, seeing that 9B is wyvern fest, and he has really good speed and luck growths, making him a useful dodgetank, whereas Crowe is made of sheer offense. I'd say Chase is more defensive oriented, having better def and res on average, but Chase does have massive HP lead on him forever. Crowe can critblicked should you fail to keep him out of the way, but no generic enemy have 16 or more skill at this point, whereeas Chase's base 7 luck and far better luck growth pretty much means no crit on him except +crit promoted classes and killer weapons.

I personally prefer Crowe anyway, but Chase isn't terribly useless should you want a second archer. Maybe he could do with a bases boost, or something, though.

And well yeah, the bard's a dude.

My bigger issue on that point is probably the fact that by the time I got chase, I was down to Furet's Greatbow, a 12 or so use Steel, and a nearly depleted Iron bow between ALL my people. I ended up just stealing Chase's bow and giving it to Crowe so I can USE him without fear of running out of weapons. Granted, I am not exactly speed-running, and farmed reinforcements most of the time, but the money situation in Onduris is rather nasty. it's not much help to have shops available when you don't even have any money to use from chapter 6 to begin with.

Think it's possible to put some gem/cash in between 6 and 9B?

EDIT-

Oh, one last thing.

PLEASE do give us a reason to Murder Varkade later on. Preferably in a horrible and inhuman manner. PLEASE.

Edited by Lord Glenn

And with as many people in the credits list as you have I don't think getting people to help you with this is a problem, is it? Meh, I guess I shouldn't assume that, but you're friends with Rey, right? I thought he knew ASM... or else it was my profound imagination again *shrug* Nintenlord's busy with the FE12 translation, you can't borrow him right now

He can do basic ASM stuff, though he doesn't know that much Watch us, Timo will give us all his time and energy

Oh, one last thing.

PLEASE do give us a reason to Murder Varkade later on. Preferably in a horrible and inhuman manner. PLEASE.

Please don't double post, especially after only four minutes. There's an edit button on your posts for a reason.