Fire Emblem: Dream of Five

AstraLunaSol

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today I finished up to the route split. My turn counts are pretty shameful compared to Paper's!

[spoiler=Prologue]

[Prologue: Shattered Chains]

Turns: 9

Loot: Potion, 3000g

Furet softens the enemies for Renair and Kolbane. Renair then runs over to own Discan while her subordinates visit the villages.

Note: The description of Furet's great bow says "Only usable by snipers." Seeing as he's a non-sniper unit, you might want to change that.

Stats:

Name		Level   HP	Str	Skl	Spd	Lck	Def	Res
Renair   	4.28 	22      8 	10  	12   	7   	5   	3
Kolbane 	3.22 	24      8 	10   	9   	5   	6   	3
Furetchen	1.17 	36	16 	10 	10   	6   	10   	4

Looks like Renair has had a base strength improvement since the last patch. Yessss.

[spoiler=Chapter 1]

[Chapter 1: Bonds in Blood]

Turns: 11

Loot: Steel Sword,

Purchases: Iron sword, Fire tome, Potionx2

Funds: 980g

Amelia and Ilanice join the team, though Ilanice mostly sits out, seeing as the bandits can 2HKO her. Furet runs up the middle at the start, baiting all the enemies. Everyone else cleans up the bandits he pulls. When it's all clear, I visit villages and hit the shops. Renair awesomely crit blicks the boss.

Stats:

Name		Level	HP	Str	Skl	Spd	Lck	Def	Res
Renair   	6.62 	22  	8	11	14	7	5	3
Kolbane  	4.25 	25 	9	10	10	5	6	3
Furetchen	1.46	36	16	10	10	6	10	4
Ilanice    	3.28 	20 	7	8	11	8	4	5
Amelia   	4.30 	22 	8	7	8	4	6	8

[spoiler=Chapter 2]

[Chapter 2: Snuffing Out the Rat]

Turns: 12

Loot: Wing Spear, Chest key, 2x stolen potions, boss's Steel Axe

Purchases: N/A

Funds: 980g

To start, the team visits some houses and blocks the bridge. Taking out enemies, they move up the map, while Ilanice hits the village for the Wing Spear and rescues Chester. Once more enemies are out of the way, Renair recruits Chester, and the squad heads into the woods. Ilanice nabs the chest key from the upper village, and Chester steals two potions off the bandits. After that, Furet softens the boss, and Amelia bombs him. Too bad she kept missing, else I could have shaved off one turn.

Also of note: Renair gains a sword rank.

Stats:

Name		Level	HP	Str	Skl	Spd	Lck	Def	Res
Renair   	7.80	23	8	11	15	8	5	3
Kolbane   	5.74	26	9	11	11	6	7	3
Furetchen	1.79	36	16	10	10	6	10	4
Ilanice  	3.93	20	7	8	11	8	4	5
Amelia  	7.09	22	11	9	8	4	6	9
Chester  	3.38	21	6	9	12	9	5	2

Renair's speed is pretty delicious. Amelia is just as nuclear as last time, too.

[spoiler=Chapter 3]

[Chapter 3: The Darkwright Bandits]

Turns: 29 (urghfff)

Loot: 3000g, Lancereaver, Poultice

Funds: 3980g

Oh, prep screen, how I love thee! Even if there is no convoy and everyone's pockets are almost totally full. No one has to sit out, which I appreciate.

As for the chapter itself, oh boy! Tight corridors and reinforcements/ambushes all over, and enemies with poisoned weapons. My turn count wasn't too great. I had everyone head to the right, cutting their way up the map. Furetchen chipped the archer boss through a wall, luring him over, and Amelia took him out. After that, Kolbane lured Crowe so Chester could recruit him, and the boys headed over to grab the last chest while Amelia wailed on the Fire Sword boss. He couldn't even damage her.

Kolbane and Amelia increase weapon ranks.

Stats:

Name		Lvl	HP	Str	Skl	Spd	Lck	Def	Res	Wep Rank
Renair   	9.30	24	10	11	15	8	5	3	Swd C
Kolbane   	7.31	27	11	11	13	7	7	3	Swd C
Furetchen   	2.25	37	17	10 	10	6	10	4	Ax C Bow A
Ilanice   	5.51	22	8	10	12	8	4	5	Swd E Lnc D
Amelia  	11.35	23	14	12	11	6	6	11	Anima C
Chester   	3.78	21	6	9	12	9	5	2	Swd D
Crowe      	6.75	24	11	9	11	2	6	1	Bow C

Amelia favoritism, I know. But she's just so darn useful.

I didn't notice that Ilanice could use swords til now. Oops.

[spoiler=Chapter 4]

[Chapter 4: A Swift Return]

Turns: 13

Loot: Stolen potions x2

Purchases: Augury, Fire tome, Thunder tome, Heal staff, Iron sword x2, Iron bow, potion x2, sold red gem

Funds: 2110g

Furet sits out this time. Sorry, mate!

Chester steals some potions and the team clears out the starting area of the map. Renair recruits both Lia and Lumi. I get bogged down fighting omgdragons who love to murder my fleshy healer and thief. Then I truck over to the boss, buy some shit, and watch as Amelia and Kolbane obliterate the idiot captain. Mmm.

Ilanice's spear skill and Renair's sword skill increased.

Stats:

Renair   	10.08	25	11	11	15	9	5	3	Swd B
Kolbane   	9.26	29	12	12	15	8	7	3	Swd C
Furetchen   	2.25	37	17	10	10	6	10	4	Ax C Bow A
Ilanice    	6.97	22	9	10	12	9	4	5	Swd E Lnc C
Amelia   	12.35	24	15	12	11	7	6	11	Anima B
Chester   	4.44	21	6	10	13	10	5	3	Swd D
Crowe        	7.68	25	12	9	11	3	6	1	Bow C
Lia   		5.78	19	8	7	8	7	3	8	Staff D
Lumi      	6.62	24	9	11	13	4	7	3	Swd C

Looking good, team. Looking good. I'm quite pleased with Kolbane, and Lumi is going to be a force to be reckoned with once she has a few more levels under her belt.

[spoiler=Chapter 5]

[Chapter 5: Escape] aka "Reinforcements, fffff-"

Turns: 13

Loot: Armorslayer, Torch staff

Purchases: Flux tome

Funds: 1210g

Ilanice and Furet clear the way to the upper-left village for Chester, who receives the armorslayer. Meanwhile, the rest of the squad heads south. Gabriel (aka Felix) joins on turn 5. Ilanice swings down to grab the torch staff from Gabriel's village while everyone hoofs it south, trying to flee from a swarm of reinforcements. Across the southern bridge, Renair buys a spare Flux tome for Gabriel, and Furet plugs the choke point so the reinforcements can't overwhelm everyone. Then shit gets real as some nasty cavaliers show up. I pray that no one dies as my units slowly fight over to the southwestern fort. Amelia chips the boss so Kolbane can finish him with his nearly-depleted lancereaver, and then Renair seizes.

In this chapter, Kolbane advances to B swords, and initiates C support with Lumi. Lia also gains a rank in staves.

Stats:

Renair   	10.97	25	11	11	15	9	5	3	Swd B
Kolbane   	11.32	31	13	13	17	9	7	3	Swd B
Furetchen   	2.36	37	17	10	10	6	10	4	Ax C Bow A
Ilanice   	8.11	24	9	10	14	10	5	6	Swd E Lnc C
Amelia   	13.13	24	15	13	11	7	6	12	Anima B
Chester   	4.53	21	6	10	13	10	5	3	Swd D
Crowe    	8.82	26	13	10	11	3	6	1	Bow C
Lia   		7.70	20	9	8	10	8	3	8	Staff C
Lumi   		8.46	26	9	13	13	4	8	3	Swd C
Gabriel   	7.14	25	12	7	9	8	5	10	Dark C

Kolbane. 17 speed. Whoaaa.

[spoiler=Chapter 6]

[Chapter 6: Crossroads]

Turns: 16

Loot: Talisman

Funds: 1880g

The team cleans up the starting area and starts pushing south. Ilanice recruits Juan on turn 3. Reinforcements start to show up in the north, but Ilanice, Juan, Amelia, and Gabriel hold them off while everyone advances south. Chester breaks off to loot the chest for the talisman, and Furet and Kolbane gain control of the bridges. After cutting their way across, the team takes out the last few enemies and approaches the boss. The fliers shuttle the magical support to the castle while the last of Juan's units depart for the afterlife. Amelia and Gabriel soften the boss, and Lumi deals the final blow with her armorslayer. Renair seizes after Ilanice triumphs in a round at the arena.

Skill-ups/Supports: Renair and Furetchen achieve C support, as do Ilanice and Juan. Crowe gains B bow skill, Lumi gains B swords, and Kolbane gets A swords.

Bugs: Saving at the beginning of this chapter didn't actually save the game. When I messed up and went to reset, only the save from Ch 5 was there, not the one I made in Chapter 6.

Stats:

Renair    	12.04	26	13	11	15	9	5	3	Swd B
Kolbane   	12.43	32	14	13	18	10	7	3	Swd A
Furetchen   	2.57	37	17	10	10	6	10	4	Ax C Bow A
Ilanice   	9.01	25	9	11	15	11	6	7	Swd E Lnc C
Amelia   	13.80	24	15	13	11	7	6	12	Anima B
Chester   	4.88	21	6	10	13	10	5	3	Swd D
Crowe 		9.79	27	14	10	12	3	6	1	Bow B
Lia   		10.44	20	11	10	11	9	4	9	Staff C
Lumi      	10.42	28	10	14	15	4	10	3	Swd B
Gabriel   	8.02	26	13	8	9	8	6	11	Dark C
Juan      	8.15	28	12	8	10	6	12	3	Lnc C

[spoiler=Chapter 6x]

[Chapter 6x: Imprisonment]

Turns: 14

Loot: Iron axe, door key x2, Fire sword, Swordreaver

Funds: 1880g

Woo, new characters!

Astra heads left out of his cell to murder the guards, looting an iron axe and a door key. Renair moves in and clears the corridor, winning another door key. Enjolras and the two cavs hold their ground, rather than rushing in and dying like chumps. While Astra loots the two chests, the others carefully make their way to the boss's door. Once inside, they eradicate the remaining enemies. Renair softens Droog and Enjo incinerates him for the win.

Renair gains A sword rank.

Bugs?: In the intro to this chapter, Enjo's last name is mentioned as "deusAscaron," but when he introduces himself to Astra, it's "d'Ascaron."

Stats:

Renair    	12.69	26	13	11	15	9	5	3	Swd A
Astra 		10.75	32	13	9	9	6	14	3	Ax B
Enjolras   	12.32	28	13	14	12	6	5	10	Anima B
Courfeyrac  	11.04	31	14	10	11	5	12	3	Swd C Lnc D
Combeferre  	11.78	30	11	11	13	7	9	2	Swd D Lnc C

Man, when do I get Enjo and these cavs back? Want.

Renair hasn't increased her skill stat since Chapter 1, or her speed stat since Chapter 2. Her def still hasn't gone up. I wonder what her growths are.

General comments:

Basically, everything's been greatly improved since the first release - mugs, gui art, story and dialog, map difficulty/gameplay, you name it. I'm really impressed with how much progress you guys have made - awesome work. :)

I'll get to the rest of the chapters later.

Edited by Astelaine

That Kolbane.

Just...That Kolbane.

DAT KOLBANE.

I definitely enjoyed reading the playthroughs~ Can't wait to read more of it!

Renair's def growth isn't too terrible, but it's not good, either. She should've gotten some def levels by level 12, though.

Edited by Luminescent Kitty

[spoiler=Chapter 6x]

[Chapter 6x: Imprisonment]

Bugs?: In the intro to this chapter, Enjo's last name is mentioned as "deusAscaron," but when he introduces himself to Astra, it's "d'Ascaron."

An understandable confusion, and thank you for the report. d'Ascaron is the shortened form, simply shaving off the 'eus' like in don't or can't. It's pronounced Dascaron, for the sake of a complete answer.

Maybe he took tham from my Kolbane. Level 8, only 10 Speed. My levels ended up being lower than I remembered off the top of my head lol.

Edited by -Cynthia-

@Astel: Renair's Strength is pretty above average, though, but her speed and defense...yeaaaaaaaah. Still, I haven't seen that strength on a level 12 Renair for ages.

Today I finished up to the route split. My turn counts are pretty shameful compared to Paper's!

Note: The description of Furet's great bow says "Only usable by snipers." Seeing as he's a non-sniper unit, you might want to change that.

Bugs: Saving at the beginning of this chapter didn't actually save the game. When I messed up and went to reset, only the save from Ch 5 was there, not the one I made in Chapter 6.

General comments:

Basically, everything's been greatly improved since the first release - mugs, gui art, story and dialog, map difficulty/gameplay, you name it. I'm really impressed with how much progress you guys have made - awesome work. :)

I'll get to the rest of the chapters later.

This was on purpose, Furet is the only exception, otherwise it sticks to Snipers.

Could you explain this in greater detail? I'm confused as to what happened. I can see how this may have happened if savestates were involved, though.

Thanks for the great feedback.

DreamofFIve.png

Okay, so here's something weird that came up. When I was playing DoF on C5, I wanted to check if anyone could support. So then, when I go to check, it says Lumi can support with someone named Noctian. I'm not sure who that is, but since this person hasn't been recruited yet I'd figure I'd let you guys know about this if it is a bug. I'm playing this on the no-bug fix patch 'cause I wanted to patch that later when I got to C6.

Yeah. We're changing the base support to 79 just so this doesn't pop up :P

It should be good in the next patch or so.

It's because we actually haven't written it yet. I think Furet said that for most supports, only C and maybe B are done. Renair's supports are up to A aside from RenairAstra (which is...B?), I think. LumiKolbane is up to A. KolbaneFuret is up to A, any of the Gabriel supports are As (since ASK wrote them, not Furet), but the rest are just either C or B's since we had to write a large amount of supports, like, 25 or so, in a short amount of time, and Furet's only one person. So he didn't write the supports he didn't expect people to get by that timeframe. Though, he might be going off of my playspeed, which, while it's not as fast as Anouleth's over there in the LP, it's still fairly fast.

But anyway, this will probably be fixed in the next release.

It's because we actually haven't written it yet. I think Furet said that for most supports, only C and maybe B are done. Renair's supports are up to A aside from RenairAstra (which is...B?), I think. LumiKolbane is up to A. KolbaneFuret is up to A, any of the Gabriel supports are As (since ASK wrote them, not Furet), but the rest are just either C or B's since we had to write a large amount of supports, like, 25 or so, in a short amount of time, and Furet's only one person. So he didn't write the supports he didn't expect people to get by that timeframe. Though, he might be going off of my playspeed, which, while it's not as fast as Anouleth's over there in the LP, it's still fairly fast.

But anyway, this will probably be fixed in the next release.

Playing efficiently also has a knock-on effect of ensuring that characters simply aren't adjacent to each other very often. I would be surprised if Renair and Kolbane had even 4 adjacents by this point.

Are you planning to release a list of viable supports? Because I might include them in the LP and I want to know which ones are possible.

If you use the July 31 latest fix, Dan extended the appearance of these reinforcements to turn 17. Since the chapter's intent is for Renair and co. to make a dash for the border, the rapeforcements exist to put massive pressure on you should you go too slowly. You can still seize after turn 17 if you can kill boss in time before they get you. Which is, IMO, fairly generous if you don't decide to reinforcement farm those cavaliers.

No you're supposed to throw them at the enemies for meatshield.

Well, in traditional FE, the NPCs that are gonna die in oneshot and can't enter combat will probably need rescuing.

I'll let you decide what to do with them. :3