Fire Emblem: Dream of Five

AstraLunaSol

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't that why we say not to use too many instruments then? To be honest, I always thought you couldn't use too many instruments in general.

Something with the instrument samples from the instrument patch.

Think "Aircalibur" and how it kills BGM despite being the right priority. I'm not even sure how priority and crap and where I inserted it in Mageknight404's A Sacred Dawn fixed it.

16aa8d2ad94ef510e79925ba5ab2d56f.png

Dat axe is the worst thing to replace, ever.

Now to try the Fire Emblem logo

Oh, as for news for a patch, it should be coming around this week, probably just need to fix some animations and whatnot, then it'll be up for download.

Edited by AstraLunaSol

16aa8d2ad94ef510e79925ba5ab2d56f.png

Dat axe is the worst thing to replace, ever.

Now to try the Fire Emblem logo

Oh, as for news for a patch, it should be coming around this week, probably just need to fix some animations and whatnot, then it'll be up for download.

My body is not ready

I will have to spend this week preparing it

Do you have plans to change Renair's battle sprite?

I do like how it's beta Eirika's (for some reason, probably originality), but I was just wondering if you were planning on making it...better? It seems too choppy(?) to be included in a hack that is so beautiful, graphically.

No reflection upon the authors, to be sure :)

This is risky but you could try clearing up one "priority layer" and put the custom sound effects all on that one layer. Of course that's now how the system is supposed to work and I'm not sure what kind of side-effects it might have. Nor am I really all that interested in testing it out... *sigh*

Anyway back to the point that title screen is pretty cool. Do you have any notes on editing it? It'd be cool if you did. If not then whatever, I don't have the graphical talent to edit such a thing anyway. :D

Edited by Luffy

Do you have plans to change Renair's battle sprite?

I do like how it's beta Eirika's (for some reason, probably originality), but I was just wondering if you were planning on making it...better? It seems too choppy(?) to be included in a hack that is so beautiful, graphically.

No reflection upon the authors, to be sure :)

Yeah, I'm gonna alter it, it has several errors in it anyway. (Timing and missing frames are a few) I'll probably also edit it to look more like Renair as well.

This is risky but you could try clearing up one "priority layer" and put the custom sound effects all on that one layer. Of course that's now how the system is supposed to work and I'm not sure what kind of side-effects it might have. Nor am I really all that interested in testing it out... *sigh*

Anyway back to the point that title screen is pretty cool. Do you have any notes on editing it? It'd be cool if you did. If not then whatever, I don't have the graphical talent to edit such a thing anyway. :D

I'll probably look into fixing Guile's Theme, which will hopefully solve the problem.

I do have a couple notes, though the rest would just be placing tiles onto the axe's sheet with extreme caution (This also takes the longest time ever)

66F274 Armads Palette

66F294 Armads Graphics

66FB1C Armads TSA

Got these from Nintenlord, though.

Obvious repointing and such is needed for this, if the graphic is bigger.

Edited by AstraLunaSol

Xeld and Ninenlord for making epic programs.

sad.gif

Other than that, the FEE3 footage got me interested in this hack. I'll be watching this closely.

Edited by Nintenlord

Yay for support converstions!

BTW Astra, may I ask a question? Who was it that started Dream of Five? 'Cause I remember in FEE3 you said there was a person before you, and this person eventually gave up on it. Though if you feel this information should not be revealed, I understand. Also, why was Felix replaced with Gabriel? I remember in FEE3 Seph mentioned something but I didn't quite get it. Of course, if you feel as if this information should not be revealed, I understand as well.

I thought it was pretty simple: The guy that submitted the character decided he didn't want to be a part of the hack and showed it by badmouthing the staff, so they acquiesced his desire to be removed.

BTW Astra, may I ask a question? Who was it that started Dream of Five? 'Cause I remember in FEE3 you said there was a person before you, and this person eventually gave up on it. Though if you feel this information should not be revealed, I understand.

Alright, I'll go ahead and explain this one.

Paper pretty much has the explanation to the Felix thing.

[spoiler=long stuff]

It first started off as a hack idea in the Empire Threads in Far From the Forest. If you look far back enough in the ROM hacking section you'll find a topic called Name Undecided. That was the original idea and topic that started off this hack. This was around October 2009. We then moved our base of operations to a forum called Arcadian Legend. We were there for a bit, then at some point one of the co heads and the one who was the root admin of the board, didn't like the lack of progress, and decided that the hack was a lost cause. (Something along this, I'm not privy to details, as I was fairly low on the chain of command at the time, so this may not be exactly it) following this, she locked the board and all the information was "lost" to "us". (Us being everyone that wasn't her, don't know if all the information is intact, and we just can't see it) We then moved to a board called Fire Emblem Media, (At around the new year, January 2010) and scrapped together whatever we had left. We stayed there for about a year, planning for a year. Our leadership also had changed to Enjolras, who is on SF, when the two original heads left. During this time the staff shortened, only till a few loyal people were left. Enjolras was then quite busy with real life, and could not lead the hack effectively, then passed the baton to me, where it stays currently. Quite recently, (Around February 2011) we moved a forum I created myself for the sole purpose of holding information to DoF. This was to get stuff off of FEM so that nothing like the fiasco on Arcadian Legend could happen again. This would be the forum, if any of you are interested. (Nothing much is really happening there, and if this counts as an infraction against the advertising rule, kindly remove the link, mods/admins.) This pretty much summarizes the history of DoF's creation and growth.

tl;dr: DoF has gone through a lot, but now it's on a smooth track, (hopefully) to its end.

EDIT: I won't disclose who the original two heads were, unless they post in the thread themselves.

Edited by AstraLunaSol

I thought it was pretty simple: The guy that submitted the character decided he didn't want to be a part of the hack and showed it by badmouthing the staff, so they acquiesced his desire to be removed.

Alright, I'll go ahead and explain this one.

Paper pretty much has the explanation to the Felix thing.

[spoiler=long stuff]

It first started off as a hack idea in the Empire Threads in Far From the Forest. If you look far back enough in the ROM hacking section you'll find a topic called Name Undecided. That was the original idea and topic that started off this hack. This was around October 2009. We then moved our base of operations to a forum called Arcadian Legend. We were there for a bit, then at some point one of the co heads and the one who was the root admin of the board, didn't like the lack of progress, and decided that the hack was a lost cause. (Something along this, I'm not privy to details, as I was fairly low on the chain of command at the time, so this may not be exactly it) following this, she locked the board and all the information was "lost" to "us". (Us being everyone that wasn't her, don't know if all the information is intact, and we just can't see it) We then moved to a board called Fire Emblem Media, (At around the new year, January 2010) and scrapped together whatever we had left. We stayed there for about a year, planning for a year. Our leadership also had changed to Enjolras, who is on SF, when the two original heads left. During this time the staff shortened, only till a few loyal people were left. Enjolras was then quite busy with real life, and could not lead the hack effectively, then passed the baton to me, where it stays currently. Quite recently, (Around February 2011) we moved a forum I created myself for the sole purpose of holding information to DoF. This was to get stuff off of FEM so that nothing like the fiasco on Arcadian Legend could happen again. This would be the forum, if any of you are interested. (Nothing much is really happening there, and if this counts as an infraction against the advertising rule, kindly remove the link, mods/admins.) This pretty much summarizes the history of DoF's creation and growth.

tl;dr: DoF has gone through a lot, but now it's on a smooth track, (hopefully) to its end.

EDIT: I won't disclose who the original two heads were, unless they post in the thread themselves.

@PaperKitty Oh okay, I see. When AstraLunaSol first released the screenshot with Gabriel's portrait, I thought you guys just decided to revamp his portrait, so when I was watching FEE3 I sort of got confused why you guys had replaced him.

@AstraLunaSol Wow I never knew DoF had such a long history. I actually originally thought you guys started on FEM then switched over FEHS. Though now I can kind of see where you get the 5 from, like Enjolras being a big part of this as a leader, Renair and Seymour being lord submittions, and you and Furetchen for being the head staff as of late.