Fire Emblem: Dream of Five

AstraLunaSol

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Furet doesn't gain speed, he can still tank. It's optimal to get him to 12 speed by the route split so he can double and thus oneround dragonriders, but if he can't get to that, it's not a big deal as he can still chip very well.

Edited by Luminescent Kitty

If it wasn't for him my whole team would be extinct :^_^:. BTW is he a jeigan or an oifaye?

Neither, he's a badass.

Comment a friend had when I showed him the game: Enjo and his cavs losing their inventory is kind of sudden and without warning. It was fun for me to hear him get sad about losing out on the Fire Sword, but it kinda stinks, especially if you're playing the chapter for the first time and have one of them go back for the chests. Any way they can have their inventory returned to them when you recruit them? Or sent to you in some way? If not it's not the biggest deal, but figured I'd mention it.

Comment a friend had when I showed him the game: Enjo and his cavs losing their inventory is kind of sudden and without warning. It was fun for me to hear him get sad about losing out on the Fire Sword, but it kinda stinks, especially if you're playing the chapter for the first time and have one of them go back for the chests. Any way they can have their inventory returned to them when you recruit them? Or sent to you in some way? If not it's not the biggest deal, but figured I'd mention it.

Think about it this way.

Enjo and co have gotten captured, why would they have their inventories still there. And no, there is no way to do it like FE5 did. Unfortunately.

Hey. Really good hack so far. I'm liking the writing a lot and the fact that everyone I get feels necessary. Even Ilanice (and I don't like pegasus knights very much). I'd just like to point some things out. During Renair/Furet C support the text skip in one of Renair's lines slightly annoyed me. I understand that Furet was interrupting her but I did miss out on finding out what she was saying and knowing that I missed a spot of dialogue this well written agitates me. Second, in chapter 10 Musain the objective says to kill Narvahn but I goofed around for a while after Ducann arrived and he suicided into my team and caused the chapter to end early.

Sorry to derail the current discussion. Please resume.

Hey. Really good hack so far. I'm liking the writing a lot and the fact that everyone I get feels necessary. Even Ilanice (and I don't like pegasus knights very much). I'd just like to point some things out. During Renair/Furet C support the text skip in one of Renair's lines slightly annoyed me. I understand that Furet was interrupting her but I did miss out on finding out what she was saying and knowing that I missed a spot of dialogue this well written agitates me. Second, in chapter 10 Musain the objective says to kill Narvahn but I goofed around for a while after Ducann arrived and he suicided into my team and caused the chapter to end early.

Sorry to derail the current discussion. Please resume.

I'll go look at that Renair/Furet C Support

And for the Chapter 10 thing, I know what happened, I should've fixed it, now.

Yeah, I get that they had their stuff taken, and I had Astra get the chests in my playthrough as well. In other games I've seen items returned/found under the idea that the prisoners' possessions were taken, but were in the immediate area. Like, in a storage room or something. So, soon after being rescued/escaping they could get their items back. I think this even happens in FE10 when Micaiah is captured? I don't really remember. But if it's not doable, or you feel like that goes against the plot, I understand. Just pointing something out, and it's a pretty minor thing either way.

I personally can't stand Furetchen and I plan to kill him off as soon as I don't feel he's useful any more. Since he procced speed three times in a row, that might be a while. I am also eager to get Afa's Drops so I can use them on someone else.

I suppose Conditional Events can't check inventory?

I remember there being a discussion about this in the Elibian Nights thread, and while I don't really understand hacking, the gist of it is no, they can't. I guess they could still have chests with the Fire Sword and stuff in the chapter, though.

Edited by Anouleth

Sorry about the double post.

One thing that's bugging me:

That empty house in the middle of the mountains in 7b. Just empty and a waste of time? or something hidden there if a specific character visits it? I've only tried with Illanice and Juan, but curious about its purpose.

I personally can't stand Furetchen and I plan to kill him off as soon as I don't feel he's useful any more. Since he procced speed three times in a row, that might be a while. I am also eager to get Afa's Drops so I can use them on someone else.

Hey, you can kill him off when I show up! I'm mounted and armored! Pramblem salved! I'm also not an asshat :3

I personally can't stand Furetchen and I plan to kill him off as soon as I don't feel he's useful any more.

Uh, that'd net you a game over. Just bench the guy or something.

Sorry about the double post.

One thing that's bugging me:

That empty house in the middle of the mountains in 7b. Just empty and a waste of time? or something hidden there if a specific character visits it? I've only tried with Illanice and Juan, but curious about its purpose.

I just replayed with the patch in the OP. The secret item should work in that one, I don't know why it isn't working for you.

Edited by Luminescent Kitty

Hmm the "Augury" screen seems to show up inconsistently, I've had playthroughs where it's been unavailable and playthroughs where it's available. The only difference I could figure out between them is trying to skip some of the cutscene following Chapter 3 (trying to skip led to Augury being available IIRC).

Hmm the "Augury" screen seems to show up inconsistently, I've had playthroughs where it's been unavailable and playthroughs where it's available. The only difference I could figure out between them is trying to skip some of the cutscene following Chapter 3 (trying to skip led to Augury being available IIRC).

Logically it shouldn't matter, since Chapter 4 is the start of the augury due to the fact that chapter 14 of FE7 starts the augury, all the chapters afterwards should have them, if not, then you either have it set in "Lyn mode" which is more or less impossible due to the patch that was applied making it stick to Eliwood Mode. If the save boxes are in blue, then you're in Eliwood mode, which means the augury should show up.

Logically it shouldn't matter, since Chapter 4 is the start of the augury due to the fact that chapter 14 of FE7 starts the augury, all the chapters afterwards should have them, if not, then you either have it set in "Lyn mode" which is more or less impossible due to the patch that was applied making it stick to Eliwood Mode. If the save boxes are in blue, then you're in Eliwood mode, which means the augury should show up.

All of my save boxes are blue, but only one of my 3 current saves has Augury available. I'm not sure what's causing it, but it is what it is.

Edited by -Cynthia-

I just finished the B route this evening. It was quite enjoyable to some degree. I'm not sure which route I like more atm but both had it's high points and low points. Oh and whoever did the CG art work you did a great job on that. I thought it was nicely done. I'll be posting my actual stats when I get off work in about 12-13 hours.