[OUTDATED] Fire Emblem: Dream of Five

AstraLunaSol

do tents have combat animations yet

I'd be more interested in Wagons if we ever got them.

For combat animations at least.

Edited by Psych

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't imagine a Tent dodging an attack from say, Thunder, for instance

it'd more likely than not just burn down

actually I can't imagine it having a dodge animation for anything -________________-

Well, I'm assuming that the HP of the tent represents a hit actually connecting with the operator therein.

no the tent should jump out of the way

i mean it's no more silly and impossible than some of the other animations

True. -looks suspiciously at the Swordmaster in particular-

Hey Reyrey you're the one who gave us the kanji in the first place :B

It's one thing to phonetically mistake a spelling--it's an entirely other to mistake the meaning altogether :/

the difference between a literal "dream" and an "ideal" is pretty subtle

Celice, I appreciate being corrected and telling me my mistakes, but can you PLEASE try not to sound ever so slightly condescending next time?

Again. Dan just asked for it. He never specified. And what Dondon says about it is true... so again, just take it like you would when seeing engrish in Japanese games.

I mean for goodness sake... I don't see how I would put in 理想... 夢 sounds/feels sweet, simple, and to the point.

「君の夢が叶うまで」 seems like it could be taken as their ideal as well as a dream.

Making a big deal about it would be starting another storm like we've seen in many threads in this forum.

Anything else you need from me, Dan?

Any buggy crap you need fixing? XD

Like your text from that Anna appearance freezing the game at one point because you entered a [0x01] instead of a [0xFF]?

Edited by shadowofchaos

the difference between a literal "dream" and an "ideal" is pretty subtle

The way you worded it, I disagree - many dreams have such a nonsensical yet intuitive quality to them, such a complete divorcement from the world as it is (yes, ideals may not be realistic, but they are related at least to the idealist's perception of the world)...it is fairly rare that I find my dreams, let alone the dreams I find others have, really conveys any sort of ideal. But I do think that ideals tend to have a dreamlike quality to them.

I'm not really sure what the "five" refers to, but from what I've played so far the most apparent and recurring dream, of sorts, seems to be Renair's refrain that "I thought we were meant for something better than this" or something along those lines. W/e if it's something else though.

I can't imagine a Tent dodging an attack from say, Thunder, for instance

it'd more likely than not just burn down

actually I can't imagine it having a dodge animation for anything -________________-

Heck I can't even really understand a wagon dodging most FE attacks, since it remains still during the enemy phase.

The way you worded it, I disagree - many dreams have such a nonsensical yet intuitive quality to them, such a complete divorcement from the world as it is (yes, ideals may not be realistic, but they are related at least to the idealist's perception of the world)...it is fairly rare that I find my dreams, let alone the dreams I find others have, really conveys any sort of ideal. But I do think that ideals tend to have a dreamlike quality to them.

I'm not really sure what the "five" refers to, but from what I've played so far the most apparent and recurring dream, of sorts, seems to be Renair's refrain that "I thought we were meant for something better than this" or something along those lines. W/e if it's something else though.

Heck I can't even really understand a wagon dodging most FE attacks, since it remains still during the enemy phase.

The 5 is the five different lead characters. Renair, Enjo, Astra, Furet, and that other one. The people in the banners like in Lumi's sig.

wait a minute, (inb4 the whole group attacks me as usual) furet was a main character and not a jeigan, what.

and enjo wasn't just a random mage, what

also it was seymour probably

yerp, you get a game over when they die, too.

and yerp.

If Furet dies you were probably gonna lose the chapter anyway.

I barely used Furet at all when I played through the old patch :/

He saw a tiny bit of action in chapters 2, 3, and 6 iirc but I didn't use him at all after that.

Celice, I appreciate being corrected and telling me my mistakes, but can you PLEASE try not to sound ever so slightly condescending next time?

Again. Dan just asked for it. He never specified. And what Dondon says about it is true... so again, just take it like you would when seeing engrish in Japanese games.

Any condescension probably comes more out of acknowledging the inadequate excuse rather than my pointing it out .-. Which filters out on your side--which is usually a phenomenon about accepting valid criticism.

If I wanted to be condescending, I'd probably do a better job of it. As it is, that was a pretty neutral comment, and I'm sorry if you felt something about it :newyears: I don't think you're an expert in moonspeak, so it's not like you're being dragged through the streets over it. It's just pointing out possible misuse of that symbol, is all.

Is that an issue you haven't been able to solve?

Because I had the same problem and managed to fix it so I might be able to help or something

though if you fixed it then nvm, sorry

I think it was posted more because Furet just got his ass handed to him :P

(in the video)

not cause of the cutscene-music thing. Although I think no music after Furet has a near death scare is kinda appropriate :P

Edited by Jubby