[OUTDATED] Fire Emblem: Dream of Five

AstraLunaSol

I've completed the A route and well all I can say is that out of this patch so far, the most annoying chapter has been chapter 5. Chapter 9A was pretty fun though I moved a few units too slow and made the map harder then it had to be. I know this was done to slow the growths of experience but damn it sucks when units can't gain levels fighting all the level 1's. I enjoyed the split route and will be playing the other one soon enough.

Now the cast:[spoiler=Musain]

DreamofFive_05.png

Not bad so damn fast. Was very lucky dodging lance units.

DreamofFive_06.png

Astra now he was pretty useful as a tank. For some reason his prf axe just fell just fell short one shooting the mage units.

DreamofFive_07.png

Furetchen pretty useful then he faulted but he did do well as my primary axe user. Almost A rank in it.

DreamofFive_17.png

Enjolras was actually pretty useful for the time that he was around. His tome is alright I guess but leaves me wondering.....

DreamofFive_08.png

Kolbane a stable member of the army I couldn't have gotten past a few chapters without him.

DreamofFive_09.png

Lumi I'll say her defense is her strong point. She worked well with Kolbane for me.

DreamofFive_10.png

Lia the best damn around because she's the only healer around. She did her job well and that is what counts.

DreamofFive_11.png

Amelia wasn't what I was expecting. This run she didn't gain too much speed I had to give her that speedwing to keep from getting doubled. She been stuck at 8(10) speed since level 9. Better luck on the next route.

DreamofFive_12.png

Seren a female soldier that was actually pretty useful. I didn't expect her to show up when she did but she pulled her weight.

DreamofFive_15.png

Chester did his job as a thief and I had him support with Crowe. They both are doing alright. He grew a lot of defense somehow.

DreamofFive_16.png

Crowe a great archer. With the high base hit of bows his low skill was not too much of a hamper on his combat. Very nice strength growth unless I was just lucky.

DreamofFive_20.png

Gabriel started off growing in speed and skill I was thinking maybe he should be a monk. He was useful until I broke his flux and he was useless.

DreamofFive_13.png

Ilanice quite the graceful pegasus knight I'll say. But she didn't shine until she got Juan on my team.

DreamofFive_14.png

Juan a staple member of the group after he joined. He supports with Ilanice and that helped them both well.

DreamofFive_18.pngDreamofFive_19.png

Ah the xmas knights if I knew what happened before I would have had more time to prove there worth. Well for the time they were around the did a fine job.

DreamofFive_21.png

Everyone's favorite bard and well I guess he was ok for the time I had him. He could have made 10A a whole lot easier but meh....

That Musain was fun Onduris on the other hand.......

[spoiler=Ondurius]

FireEmblem-DreamofFive_01.png

This time she's no where near as fast and gained more def and res the last run. A somewhat solid lord this time.

FireEmblem-DreamofFive_02.png

He's no Astra but hey his prf weapon was helpful for him.

FireEmblem-DreamofFive_15.png

Furet this time he gained 2 points of speed. On the plus side on this save he just might S axes for me.

FireEmblem-DreamofFive_03.png

This time Kolbane was lacking in speed compared to my last playthrough. But to offset that he did have higher STR SKL and LCK but a point lower in DEF and RES. Still did that epic Lumi support with Renair on the side.

FireEmblem-DreamofFive_04.png

More STR then DEF on this run and that was grand. Other then that she was same ole Lumi.

FireEmblem-DreamofFive_05.png

Lia....what to say this time. A great healer and great to have along the group. I don't know who she can support with but I guess I'll just mess around until Astra comes back or someone new comes to support with her.

FireEmblem-DreamofFive_10.png

Amelia....she gained more speed. That was much needed this time. she tag teamed dragon knights with Furet.

FireEmblem-DreamofFive_18.png

Kanus...the other soldier. He gets props for killing the boss on his join chapter. Awaiting more chapters to appreciate his epicness.

FireEmblem-DreamofFive_07.png

Chester did his job......he does it better in Route A imo. Still good to use with Crowe.

FireEmblem-DreamofFive_06.png

Crowe turned out to be a real MVP this run around great STR SKL and SPD made him full of win.

FireEmblem-DreamofFive_16.png

This time around Gab let me down no speed at all really. Great magic bad everything else IMO.

FireEmblem-DreamofFive_08.png

She was so epic this time actually was able to take a couple hits and dodge. Juan is still her support of choice.

FireEmblem-DreamofFive_09.png

Better luck and better skill this time. His prf weapon makes the B route enjoyable.

FireEmblem-DreamofFive_11.png

Chase my speedy lucky archer. Was great to have and was used because I was fed up with Gabriel.

FireEmblem-DreamofFive_17.png

Karen coming in at level 8 with a B rank really says something. Physic Staff winner.

FireEmblem-DreamofFive_12.png

Rena was an interesting join. It's never too bad to have a spare flyer. Having a B rank in Lances is nice also. Or was it a C I forget.

FireEmblem-DreamofFive_14.png

If not for the fact that she is in range of Dragon Knights. She was useful for the chapter she was on.

FireEmblem-DreamofFive_13.png

This guy here made everything so much easier. A great unit and a welcome ax user to the frey.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Out of curiousity, who named the characters? I think I'm seeing some thinly-veiled references to Les Miserables, but correct me if I'm wrong.

Since it was a community hack, everyone named their own characters.

MUCH to my chagrin, believe me, probably with Seymour topping the list of 'most inconvenient'. If I could go back I'd even change Furetchen to something less ... trisyllabic.

Is River's character design inspired by Mist?

There are several characters whose designs are based on prexisting FE characters at their creators' request when the hack was still in planning stage. River's mug was actually a recolour of my Mist mug at one point, but ever since we upped the graphics quality, the mug has been remade. The resemblance has stayed, though.

MUCH to my chagrin, believe me, probably with Seymour topping the list of 'most inconvenient'. If I could go back I'd even change Furetchen to something less ... trisyllabic.

I mentally just call him Furet whenever I'm reading personally, it's a bit less clunky.

Seymour's name did seem a little unfitting (Onduris is...Eastern European something based? and Seymour is an English name).

Onduris was named and decided to be a swordfest by the guy who made Seymour. ...in the same country as he also named Xin-Khen (name now editted to fit new convention) and Jinsei.

I pushed it in pretty much all other aspects. But Seymour remains. Mocking me.

Onduris was named and decided to be a swordfest by the guy who made Seymour. ...in the same country as he also named Xin-Khen (name now editted to fit new convention) and Jinsei.

I pushed it in pretty much all other aspects. But Seymour remains. Mocking me.

At least it isn't something like Seymour Butts.

Just saw the video ^^, 3 bosses for a map? Interesting.

Annelise is pretty :): I like her pink headband <3

and I know i'm going to love River because I love shamans :^_^:

Astra why do you have too many likeable characters in this game

Also is it just me? or is Annelise's mouth frame a little off when she talks?

Edited by Queen_Kittylincia

Also is it just me? or is Annelise's mouth frame a little off when she talks?

That's my fault, it's too big. =A=;;

Most talk frames have to be one pixel smaller than the smile ones... I forgot about that. /headdesk

I sense an infinite loop.

In other news, I'm on Chapter 5, and need to redo it, because losing half my force is unacceptable. . .and seriously, WTF at the number of reinforcements. . .