[OUTDATED] Fire Emblem: Dream of Five

AstraLunaSol

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah. Kolbane has Harken's slot, which I didn't think he would have, Chester has Wallace's, Lumi has Lucius's, etc.

Or, you can dissembler the chapter in Nintenlord's Event Assembler and use it to find out the (hex)? values used that correspond to the character to search up in the Character Editor.

Wow, you're really wasting your life away hacking a hacked rom to check growths? At least have the decency to keep it to yourself.

It would be helpful to address the person(s) you are directing the comment to. And who are you to say they are wasting their life with such "pitiful" actions when you don't know them IRL? It just may be that their life may be morbidly depressing or something of that nature and they are trying to escape from such an environment. So what I'm trying to say is that you should withhold your "judgement" when you lack an omniscient pov in regard to that specific topic and if you are going to direct such comments, have the decency to address it specifically so it is not misinterpreted.

Now on topic assuming it's directed towards me, the proposed solution was just based on previous knowledge on EA abilities and knowledge on the NM capabilities to help address someone else's issue. It does not mean I have done it nor does it prove that I have not done so. The fact is you don't know. And it shouldn't really be an issue since growths are not directly posted and that you would have to take the initiative to find out the information thus ridding any "decency" said person would try to maintain.

Edited by rohan

It would be helpful to address the person(s) you are directing the comment to.

Are you hacking the rom to check growths?

And who are you to say they are wasting their life with such "pitiful" actions when you don't know them IRL? It just may be that their life may be morbidly depressing or something of that nature and they are trying to escape from such an environment. So what I'm trying to say is that you should withhold your "judgement" when you lack an omniscient pov in regard to that specific topic and if you are going to direct such comments, have the decency to address it specifically so it is not misinterpreted.

I stopped caring as soon as I read "life may be morbidly depressed."

Now on topic assuming it's directed towards me, the proposed solution was just based on previous knowledge on EA abilities and knowledge on the NM capabilities to help address someone else's issue. It does not mean I have done it nor does it prove that I have not done so. The fact is you don't know. And it shouldn't really be an issue since growths are not directly posted and that you would have to take the initiative to find out the information thus ridding any "decency" said person would try to maintain.

But it wasnt, so I shouldnt care about this bit either. ~( '3')~

Are you hacking the rom to check growths?

I stopped caring as soon as I read "life may be morbidly depressed."

But it wasnt, so I shouldnt care about this bit either. ~( '3')~

The main point was that you don't have the whole story on what you are addressing and your comment was loosely directed to anyone with no indication as to who. So yes it does matter since you were unclear.

Sorry to derail this topic,I will stop now.

The main point was that you don't have the whole story on what you are addressing and your comment was loosely directed to anyone with no indication as to who. So yes it does matter since you were unclear.

Sorry to derail this topic,I will stop now.

It should have been obvious given you werent hacking the rom.

Also Astra this hack is great and I am looking forward to the next patch.

Disassembly requires some knowledge of how to read a hex editor (or at least use the right module but whatever), so I"d rule that out for most people.

I love how this came up after someone checked growths in Nightmare despite the fact that Psych has openly admitted to hacking this to make it easier

Stat screwed? No, most of the team's just at an insanely low level in comparison to us more average players. His Ilanice, for example, is at a +3 HP, +2SPD, and +1RES from her averages.

Most of his units who has actually proc'd levels are at or above average.

It's what happens when you lowturn.

I admit to massaging a couple of level ups, but I've also settled for a couple of somewhat crappy ones to balance them out so things don't get too out of hand.

Also I would think that my chapters 5 and 6 turncounts would be more impressive than chapter 3. I skipped all of the chests in chapter 3 and focused only on recruiting Crowe.

Speaking of which, I'd like to see 9A. :3

Furetchen informed me that there's going to be a chapter 8xA in the next patch... Which means that I should stop after chapter 8A. Right now, chapter 7A looks like a pain in the butt.

Edited by dondon151

Furetchen informed me that there's going to be a chapter 8xA in the next patch... Which means that I should stop after chapter 8A.

Ideally, not quite after it, but in the dying moments of the gameplay. Or something. There's a requirement which is likely somewhat impractical to achieve with a weak Renair.

Got 9 turns on chapter 7A. I personally thought it was kind of strange that you guys designed the boss so that he would ORKO Astra, who has an effective weapon against magic units.

[spoiler=Stats]

Name      Lv.Ex HP  Str Skl Spd Luk Def Res
Renair     5.96  23   8  12  12   7   6   3
Furetchen  5.43  40  17  11  12   6  10   5
Kolbane    8.58  26  12  13  12   6   8   3
Ilanice   10.55  27   9  10  17  14   5  10
Amelia     9.38  24  12   9  11   6   5  11
Chester    3.35  21   6   9  12   9   5   2
Crowe      9.19  27  13  10  13   3   7   1
Lia        6.99  20   8   7   8   8   3   9
Lumi       6.40  25   9  11  14   4   7   3
Gabriel    8.37  26  11   8  10   9   6  11
Juan       8.31  28  12   8   9   7  12   2
Astra     11.61  33  14  10   9   6  14   4

Also wtf happened for 8A that is so not cool. Is it always Juan and Lia who stay with Renair? If that's the case, then I think the future 8xA requirement is impossible :(:

Are there any promotion items planned to be included in any upcoming chapters...

Edited by dondon151

There will be other parts requiring trained lords, so I do recommend they be ... trained. Still, if it comes to it that you just can't ... fulfil the requirement that everyone has probably figured out by now, someone'll have a save.

Edited by Furekitty

Just finished Chapter 10A and I have to say this was a very enjoyable hack.

Other than the RNG falling in love with me, I thought it was strange that Amelia became my best unit. She basically had good growths each time she leveled up and eventually 2HKO'd everything with a simple Fire tome. If this game continued, she would most likely cap half of her stats by endgame, including HP.

Renair and Crowe were 2nd and 3rd respectively, essentially wiping out whatever they attacked with little effort.

Being such an FE noob, I made plenty of mistakes, such as letting 9A drag out to about Turn 28 out of curiosity (do they ever stop?) and killing the boss in chapter 8A when I was just supposed to talk to the Paladin. Still, I was able to finish the last few chapters without much difficulty.

It was fun, original, and keeps you focused thanks to the reinforcements. I am really looking forward to a future patch and the full version of this hack.

Being such an FE noob, I made plenty of mistakes, such as letting 9A drag out to about Turn 28 out of curiosity (do they ever stop?) and killing the boss in chapter 8A when I was just supposed to talk to the Paladin. Still, I was able to finish the last few chapters without much difficulty.

It was fun, original, and keeps you focused thanks to the reinforcements. I am really looking forward to a future patch and the full version of this hack.

They don't for quiiiiiite a while. I wouldn't suggest letting it drag out for too long, since uh, you'd run out of equipment. xD

And for 8A, Paladin? Should've been a Warrior.

Thanks.

There will be other parts requiring trained lords, so I do recommend they be ... trained. Still, if it comes to it that you just can't ... fulfil the requirement that everyone has probably figured out by now, someone'll have a save.

By this, do you mean just Renair, or does that include Seymour, Astra, and Enjolras as well? I don't really mind having to deal with the latter 3 because they're pretty decent, but Renair is just blargh.