The shot(s) not heard from around the world. Farewell!

Freohr Datia

needle.jpg

*shudders* Ohhhhh the horror!!!!!

Oh come on, you all knew that was coming.

Well, I shall be taking my leave of you all today. I'm just making this topic to let you know that you will be missed dearly. I hope none of you shall have to endure the inconceivable pain of getting shot.

Anyway I'm not really that scared I just decided to come up with some topic to tell everybody that I'm going to get my shots today. I won't enjoy them.

For some reason, eventhough, it doesn't hurt as bad as it did before, the thought of getting a shot scares me. I got one recently too, and i became pale as a ghost before i got the shot... Its weird.

Well, I hope that you're able to get through this as painlessly as possible.

I'll miss you and hope to see you when you get another chance to get on. :D

Ohhh I'm sure I'll be able to get a chance to get back on here later :P But I mustn't make everybody too hopeful

For some reason, eventhough, it doesn't hurt as bad as it did before, the thought of getting a shot scares me. I got one recently too, and i became pale as a ghost before i got the shot... Its weird.

Oh yeah I'm sure the shot will be irritating throughout the rest of the day, that hurts more than the first second. =D But it does hurt less than it used to, yes.

But perhaps it's just the thought of something being put inside of you?

you will love 'em

I'm sure I will

Wait, are you leaving or are you just getting a shot?

I'm just getting a shot that will kill me sloooowly so I'm warning you in case I die

Better a shot from that than this:

dirtyharry.jpg

Nuh uh that will kill me so I won't feel a thing =P This will be a longer slower pain.

So... false alarm. Hospital won't take our insurance... My dad said the only other option was Indianapolis and he thinks they close(d) at 4, so he'll try get them tomorrow morning whether we have school tomorrow or not.

I got a shot in my ass every month for eight years. Penicillin shots, no less.

Deal with it.

I didn't say I wouldn't. =P That's pretty bad and sorry you got it, but wouldn't that make you more used to it than I am? So I still am inexperienced enough to be allowed to not look forward to it =]

I used to get a shot in each arm twice a week when I was 10-13. They really aren't that bad once you get used to them.

Well I'm not used to them.

But perhaps it's just the thought of something being put inside of you?

^This, pretty much. The actual pain is extremely short-lived. It only keeps hurting because you think it does.

I got a shot in my arm once a week for several years myself.

Probably why I almost burst into laughter when the nurse asked "How are you with shots?" when I got my flu shot recently.

Actually the part of the shot that hurts is the aching in your arm from the pressure of the fluid being added. It's very mild and lasts about a day, if that.

Edited by Obviam

Oh god.

I'm allergic to everything. My back would get all swollen, red and bloody from those and then it would sting for hours on end after that.

My parents always cried when they watched.

They didn't even do those shots normally. They did it super painful by pressing the needle down sideways. I guess they had to though; putting it in normally could have been dangerous.

Then they got those plastic tray things with the circular teeth to replace the old syringe method.

I had hoped that would hurt less. It didn't!

Edited by Obviam

Oh god.

I'm allergic to everything. My back would get all swollen, red and bloody from those and then it would sting for hours on end after that.

My parents always cried when they watched.

My strongest allergies, at around I think a 6, was cockroach dander, maple trees, ragweed, and Kentucky bluegrass. Most other things were around a 2 or less.

Mine went from 5-8 minimum up to 35. Most stuff was about in the middle of that.

Edit: Apparently the system used varies all over and the numbers are incredibly cryptic in each metric, so I have no idea what "35" even means.

It's supposed to be near fatal if not fatal I think? But all the stuff that was listed with that range was stuff like trees and grass.

Edited by Obviam

Actually the part of the shot that hurts is the aching in your arm from the pressure of the fluid being added. It's very mild and lasts about a day, if that.

Yeah, it always felt like being punched in the arm by a gorilla. Hate that feeling.

Anyway, haven't seen FD since the initial post so I guess it's safe to assume she's dead. Good night, sweet princess.

Needles? ... meh. Whatever phobia I had of needles before ending up in the hospital fox six days late last year is dead and gone(they shot me in my sleep, they shot me while I was awake, and shot me while I was eating. They even shot me in preparation for other shots: fear of needles? no, fear of people who do that stuff so often that they're prone to mix ups). I have a no idea where the urge to stare as it goes in comes from though :/

I always just stared straight ahead because I don't know how I'd react if I watched the needle and I don't need to find out the hard way. I'm calm and mostly indifferent if I just ignore it so I'll just keep doing that.

Needles? ... meh. Whatever phobia I had of needles before ending up in the hospital fox six days late last year is dead and gone(they shot me in my sleep, they shot me while I was awake, and shot me while I was eating. They even shot me in preparation for other shots: fear of needles? no, fear of people who do that stuff so often that they're prone to mix ups). I have a no idea where the urge to stare as it goes in comes from though :/

I feel you there, brother. Had a pretty deep-set fear until a weeklong hospital stay when I was 9. That was rough :/

Yeah, it always felt like being punched in the arm by a gorilla. Hate that feeling.

Anyway, haven't seen FD since the initial post so I guess it's safe to assume she's dead. Good night, sweet princess.

They must have reverted to some of the more unorthodox methods of administering shots

tumblr_ldeerr6xmE1qb3e6ho1_500.jpg