Death Note Mafia - Game Over Town Loses

Aleph

Death Note Mafia

This is semi-closed role game - roles will be described, but their abilities kept secret.

Death Note Bearers (Mafia/Wolf) (1)

Yagami Light/Kira (1)

Light happens upon a Death Note dropped by Ryuk. What fun!

Kira Fanatics (Independents) (3)

Kira Fanatics have hidden win conditions.

Misa Amane (1)

Mikami Teru/Kiyomi Takada (2)

The World (Townies) (??)

Pardon the obvious reference to the name of the original opening theme to the anime.

The town will have its work cut out for them despite Kira being alone! On top of that, Light is no slouch. His powers of information gathering are a marvel!

So what hope does the town have? Quite a bit, actually.

L (1)

L is the enigma that anonymously commands the investigation of Kira.

Near (1)

Near will take over if L dies.

Other roles (??)

Not-so-vanilla townies.

Randoms (??)

Vanilla townies.

The Underground (6)

These guys don't care about L and Kira's bout. They just want to make a living.

However, this might involve helping one side rout the other before they are dragged in the middle.

Mello (1)

Mello leads the mafia described below.

Mello's Mafia (3)

Vanilla Underground.

Aiber and Wedy (2)

Not-so-vanilla Underground.

This game needed at least 17 players and began with a Night 0.

Please invite me (and the co-host!) to all PMs.

In case it wasn't obvious, show me all the conversations you have outside the board too, like those on AIM/MSN etc.

If your role PM disagrees with the rules, your role PM is correct.

Oh, I forgot to explain how inactivity works.

Basically, you are inactive at your own peril. I am not going to hunt you down to make you active. I am not going to call you out in public to tell you to do things.

No one has shown any signs of inactivity yet, and I am pretty pleased with that, but I am going to go ahead and say what will happen:

- First of all, phases will not be extended unless there is some kind of emergency. If you fear you might not get a chance to do a thing let me know. You will have to work to make it less obvious that you are the reason the phase is longer if you don't want anyone looking at you funny.

- That said, if you do absolutely nothing an entire phase, privately or otherwise, I will note that you didn't do a damn thing that phase and if this happens 3 times in a row or several more than 3 times I will assume you don't actually feel like playing and sub you the hell out.

So just drop in and say "hi" to me, the co-host...anyone really, at the very least (and somewhere I can see, of course) and you'll be fine.

I guess not everyone handles vote ties the way I do, so I'll say this - if it turns out that I have to handle any vote ties, I'll do it by randomly picking someone to get lynched of the people who are tied.
Note: Don't edit your posts or anything if you're dead. If you're dead, don't do jack shit. People are allowed to talk to you and that's it.
It has been brought to my attention something which you should NOT do.

Please don't invite anyone to your role PM.

If you do it defeats the purpose of the "you are allowed to role claim since role PMs can be easily faked" notice that I posted earlier.

Shit isn't any fun if you remove the doubt.

Players:

01. Snike

02. Dead (Radiant Dragon)

03. Dead (JBCWK)

04. Dead (Flint Echo)

05. Raymond

06. Dead (Strawman the SawmanShaman)

07. Dead (Reinfleche/Excellen Browning)

08. Dead (SlayerX)

09. Dead (This Wheel of Colors)

10. Dead (Frivolidad)

11. Dead (WeaponsofMassConstruction)

12. Dead (Haze)

13. Dead (Mariobro/Emerald Jealousy)

14. Dead (eclipse)

15. Dead (Pariah)

16. Dead (BK-201)

17. Dead (The Valter/VanguardRaven)

?!. Dead (Balcerzak)

Substitutes:

01. VanguardRaven

02. Excellen Browning

03. Emerald Jealousy

04. Furetchen

Dead Players:

08. SlayerX - Wedy (won by surviving; committed suicide Day 1)

12. Haze - Misa Amane (won by surviving; lynched Day 1)

11. WeaponsofMassConstruction - Soichiro Yagami (won with The World; died of a heart attack Night 1)

09. This Wheel of Colors - Hideki Ide (won with The World; lynched Day 2)

14. eclipse - Anthony Carter (won with The World; died of a heart attack Night 2)

07. Reinfleche/Excellen Browning - Aiber (won with The World; sort of committed suicide but by accident Day 3)

02. Radiant Dragon - Kanzo Mogi (won with The World; GODKILLED due to Excellen Browning not following the rules Day 3)

13. Mariobro/Emerald Jealousy - Touta Matsuda (won with The World; lynched Day 3)

10. Frivolidad - Hirokazu Ukita (won with The World; died of a heart attack Night 3)

15. Pariah - Shuichi Aizawa (won with The World; head exploded Day 4)

06. Strawman the SawmanShaman - Stephen Loud (won with The World; lynched Day 4)

16. BK-201 - Kal Snydar (won by surviving; died of a heart attack Night 4)

XX. AstraLunaSol - himself (not in the game; accidentally GODKILLED because of something This Wheel of Colors said Day 5)

XX. Lux Aeterna - himself (not in the game; GODKILLED because of something This Wheel of Colors said Day 5)

17. The Valter/VanguardRaven - Andrew Millar (won by surviving; committed suicide Day 5)

04. Flint Echo - Halle Bullook (automatically wins for having the best role ever won with The World; lynched Day 6)

?!. Balcerzak - L (won with the world; died of a heart attack Night 6)

XX. Anouleth - himself (not in the game; lynched Day 7)

03. JBCWK - Dwhite Gordon (won by surviving; died of a heart attack Night 7)

This game is being co-hosted by Dies Mori and myself.

Win conditions:

The Death Note Bearers win when The World is eliminated.

The World wins when the Death Note Bearers are eliminated.

The Underground members win by surviving.

To reiterate, Kira Fanatics have hidden win conditions.

It is now Night 0. The phase will end 48 hours from this post. Future phases will last 24 hours.

Rather important note: There is a player or number of players, the count of which will remain undisclosed, who is/are both playing the game and not listed in the player list.

Let the clusterfuck begin.

My role - I get a role too!

You are Ryuk, the main host.

You win if your game is remotely fun.

You seem to really like apples. You're kind of an "app-le" yourself, or at least you seem to enjoy picking on Kira.

ryukb.jpg

- He can godkill people who don't follow the rules.

- He humbly requests you forgive him if he does a terrible job at this hosting thing - it's his first time.

Dies Mori's role - he gets one whether he likes it or not!

You are Rem, the co-host.

You win if Ryuk doesn't pile work on you such that you can't keep up.

You have a low opinion of Ryuk for pobvious reasons.

remx.jpg

- She can godkill people who don't follow the rules.

- She can (hopefully) handle managing the game where Ryuk can't, although it's really Ryuk's job.

GAME OVER

as of 20110304.0230

Edited by Obviam

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once again, I'm offering the same service as the Disgaea game. If you want a logic screen, feel free to ask me any questions about this game (same rules apply as before with regards that I only advise actions on info that only you know and not myself from speaking to other people).

I don't have any apples. I ate them all.

Ask Kira.

This is starting to look like a god damned Legend of Zelda game.

Edit: apples

Edited by Obviam

I think we should lynch Frivolidad, he's only posted once the entire time, his inactivity is suspicious enough to warrant it.

##Vote: Frivolidad

So just who is this Kira fellow anyway?