I'm losing interest in Pokemon games...

Raven

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is something horribly wrong with that.

Seriously.

I'm only kind of interested in it. It's more of a curiosity to see what they have done with the "mature" characters. I doubt it will be anything actually interesting, BUT...

Seriously.

I'm only kind of interested in it. It's more of a curiosity to see what they have done with the "mature" characters. I doubt it will be anything actually interesting, BUT...

Anything that called the new gen "mature" was fake. The characters are technically older (at least we assume that, Bianca was significantly taller than Ash) but you shouldn't be expecting much.

I'm not getting Black or White. I probably won't get a 3DS until a second or third model comes out anyway (and/or when I find a game worth buying). Honestly, my interest in the 4th generation died way too quickly. Besides, 5th generation is just another 8 gyms, elite four, champion, bad-guy group, and other unoriginal and repetitive story-line mechanics. Shadow Pokemon ftw, seriously :awesome:

jus sayin...

I uphold that Black and White are the worst games in the main series, not exclusively but most especially in terms of their presenting a world that is consistent and fun to explore... which they doesn't. I was disappointed by multiple locales in Black (I only have Black but I very much doubt I need to argue it's not unreasonable to extend my opinions in this regard to White despite my not having played it) that should have been exciting, interesting, or fun, but were instead vapid technical demonstrations. If you're concerned about a waning interest in the series, my personal suggestion would be to return to the older games, whichever you may have most enjoyed, and you not overly worry about Black and White unless something really inspires you to get them, or you're only really interested in play with other people, or everyone else thinks I'm stupid for thoroughly disliking them.

I was saying that Gen I was god-awful.

1298737806371.jpg

>:{

What Esau said

lern2gaem

and lern290's, apparently...seriously, Rocko and Gen I in the same thread?

Edited by Obviam

If you can take your nostalgia glasses off, you would understand why I claim that Gen I sucks (terrible balance, glitch-infested (even Smogon admitted that Red, Blue, and Yellow are among some of the glitchiest games ever made)). None of the issues that any latter generation had were nearly as bad.

Sure the 2000s and onward have a bunch of lows, but the 80s and 90s also have a good number of lows that are overlooked.

If you can take your nostalgia glasses off, you would understand why I claim that Gen I sucks (terrible balance, glitch-infested (even Smogon admitted that Red, Blue, and Yellow are among some of the glitchiest games ever made)). None of the issues that any latter generation had were nearly as bad.

Sure the 2000s and onward have a bunch of lows, but the 80s and 90s also have a good number of lows that are overlooked.

Terrible balance and glitches don't make a game bad.