MY COUSIN IS A BRO.

Roxas

So tonight, he took out my family, his family (just my aunt and uncle), a group of his buddies, and his girlfriend's family along for his girlfriend's birthday dinner at the restaurant he's the head chef at.

I guess he must have made a special appeal to the executive chef, or boss, or something, since the entire place was cleaned up except for us.

Blah, blah, blah, we sit down at this stupidly fancy restaurant, and it's kind of obvious why we're all here (I mean, all of this for a birthday dinner? Whatever. x:).

Of course, since the whole thing was for almost 20 people, the entire meal was catered beforehand, and just served in parts. After the soup and the appetizers, the entrée rolls out on a silver platter (a huge ass swordfish, I think), and waiters bring it to each guest. My cousin's girlfriend's plate, however, doesn't arrive with the others.

Instead, a few minutes later, my cousin walks out (decked in chef gear; toque and all) with his own silver tray and cover, and walks toward his girlfriend.

"I'm sorry I'm late. This took a little longer than I expected."

/removes cover

And smack in the middle of the silver tray lies an engagement ring.

"Will you marry me?"

Of course she says yes, and the place goes apeshit. I don't even remember if she ate anything else that night, but whatever. These kinds of stories make me happy inside. ^o^~

And it's nice to know that SOME people in this family don't fail at relationships. ;~;

At least it worked for him, last time I gave somebody a ring they buggered off and told me they lost it in a volcano on the other side of the world.

Man, now I realize my cousins mostly just suck. :/

I have cool cousins but none of them live remotely close to me. The people I have to be with every day are kinda lame. :(