34 members have voted

1. 1. Do you prefer Corpul or Sharlow?

• Corpul
    • Sharlow

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most of you people on Serenes Forest never use staves users in FE4 like Ethlin or Lana for battle, preferring for them to just stay far away and spam their staffs. That's all you do to get Lachesis promoted. You never care about taking them to battle at all.

<snip>

But let me just say this: quicker level ups do NOT mean better stats.

I can't speak for everyone, but I will say that I give Ethlin and Nanna extensive exposure on the enemy phase. Attacking on the player phase is pretty much a waste though, in most cases, especially considering they almost always have something better to do.

Lachesis's main problem in attacking pre-promotion is that it's inefficient. Once she's Master Knight, there's nothing wrong with letting her raise a little hell.

Quicker level ups DO mean quicker ability to use said stats. And that's important.

Uhhh.

Yeah. We don't use staff users in combat. What would we gain from using staff users in combat? They have higher staff ranks, and access to better staffs, so we use them for such. You get around 21 units by the end of Gen 2, so, why would I use the 3/4 of them that are supposed to be used for healing, for attacking? I've got 17 other people who can just as easily kill a unit, but can't heal. Not using your healers for healing, especially in FE4, is just silly.

All I can see, is you saying that using staff users in their intended way is wrong.

I do. Especially when almost all magic-users can field staves upon promotion.

Yeah, you have a LOT of staff users in the game, so you can afford to use plenty of them for attacking too. I can understand using Ethlin or Lachesis for combat, but would you seriously want to have Corple/Sharlow fight instead of being a pure staff user?

If Corple has Holsety, then yes I would want to have him attack.

That's a big 'if', though.

Did you mean to post in the other thread or something? Because this is about the general Corple, not specifically Levin!Corple. And I doubt it would be a very wise idea to pair Levin with Sylvia if Fury and Tailto are both available.

Fuck yeah, Corple with Holsety should be out there :P But it depends on context. If we're talking the original game, giving Corple a weapon and having him used strategically isn't a bad idea. The player actively engaged in their game knows best, because they're the ones dealing with the contextual scenarios which arise.

And if decide I really like Corple, I'll probably field him as much as I feel like, staving / battling in either case.

Did you mean to post in the other thread or something? Because this is about the general Corple, not specifically Levin!Corple. And I doubt it would be a very wise idea to pair Levin with Sylvia if Fury and Tailto are both available.

Whoops. Yeah, I thought this was the Arthur vs. Sety vs. Corple thread. My bad.

Why is it that whenever I try to defend my views, you all keep saying I'm a fag? It's not FAIR!!!

Sharlow's growths are inferior to Corpul's in every way. Both Alec and Claude Corpuls are very powerful and useful. And just because you have a game breaker doesn't mean he should be the only magic user to be trained.

The availability is what kills Corple the most. You can spam staffs on him and get him to 30 right when you get him, but you can do that with all staves users--what really kills him is that he's the last character you get. By the time you get him, most players will have already established which units are their favorites, or decided a strategy. Corple hasn't been implemented into the strategy. Altena suffers from this too, but her ability to fly, and wield the holy spear, give her a bit of a leg up. Corple wielding Holsety can achieve a similar end. But personally, I don't want to wait for most of the second generation to get to that stuff. I already have other characters I've been wanting to play as!

:/

Why is it that whenever I try to defend my views, you all keep saying I'm a fag? It's not FAIR!!!

I do not see a single instance of the word "fag" in this topic outside of your post.

Didn't you say that you were going to stop posting here?

Hey, availability means nothing! Just keep having Corpul heal Leen while she keeps failing in the arena, and you'll get him promoted in no time!

Also, all Ests suffer from availability, but become awesome later on!

And don't you DARE object to me, Camtech!

Hey, availability means nothing! Just keep having Corpul heal Leen while she keeps failing in the arena, and you'll get him promoted in no time!

I... Wha...

This entire statement makes no sense for any type of efficient gameplay. At all.

And availability means everything. This is why Ests are generally not used, because they have terrible availability, and are generally not good enough to bring themselves up to snuff compared to the rest of the characters.

The only Est I can truly think of that doesn't fall into this scenario would be Sara, and only because she has Elite and mega access to awesome staffs in a game where staffs are extremely useful.

Listen. There is no reason at all that you should not use Corpul. No one here says that. However, if you're going to waltz in here and just start spouting crap about "ESTS ARE AWESOME BECAUSE OF 20/20 STATS" on a board where nobody gives two shits about 20/20 stats, of course people are gonna call you out on it.

Get with the program or get out.

Hey guess what? I can do the same thing with Sharlow and Laylea, and it'll go twice as fast!

Or, even better! I could stick Sharlow/Corpul in the castle and just use my Dancer to beat the chapter even faster!

And I will object to you as much as I may, and you can do diddly squat about it.

Edited by Camtech075

Oh, c'mon, this is just too easy.

The problem is that there is not 'later on'. By the time they are good, the game is over.

SKILLS! MEAN! NOTHING!!!!

They actually mean a lot. They make a large amount of units actually usable, and, no amount of you screaming that they don't will change that fact.

I mean, I'd probably drop Othin for Halvan if Othin didn't have that awesome Wrath skill.

Skills are 100% useful, and mean a lot.

*develops rabies and collapses in seizure AGAIN*

Do you LIKE it when I'm tortured by your heresy to Shouzou Kaga!??!

Your references, I dont get them. Be a good troll and do explain them.

*develops rabies and collapses in seizure AGAIN*

Do you LIKE it when I'm tortured by your heresy to Shouzou Kaga!??!

I... don't get your reference, and I don't see how any of us are being heretics.