Which do you prefer, Ray or Sophia?

91 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer?

Well, since many people discuss wether if Sophia or Ray is better, which do you think is the best? The god-like Ray or Sophail...I mean, Sophia. I obviously prefer Ray as his bases and growths are better. Also, he comes earlier in the game making him easier to train, while Sophia comes in a map with fog of war and full of wyverns, manaketes and mercenaries, making it almost impossible for her to train in that chapter.

So which is your opinion?

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's been long (and I mean very long) established that Ray is far superior for anything other than fooling around.

Sofia has nice hair, though.

Edited by Silvercrow

It's been a while since we've had a polarizing topic like this.

Anyway, I don't *like* either of them, but I think it's pretty clear that Ray is better.

Ray is superior to Sophia, Nuff said. And this excerpt from my deceased playthrough proves it:

What a miserable fuck. She raises the shittiness to a whole new level. She gets ONE-SHOT, DOUBLED, and FACES CRIT by every single physical enemy in her joining map(even the mages 2-shot, double and have crit, and the eight wyverns on the map don't help either), and has no offense to speak of(14atk/75hit is awful by C14 standards, especially when things have over 30 avoid and the faster dudes can break 40). And she can't even get supports set up, as her two best supporters have their slots filled(Roy has Lilina A/Cav B, and Ray has Lugh A/Chad B, nevermind that both are 1 +1 supports and using two shamans, when the first is not a good unit to begin with, is completely redundant.)or are redundant in efficient play(Fae, Igrene, Niime)

In other words, Sophia sucks.

At least Ray's joining situation is more forgiving that Sophia's. For one, he is 11 levels higher, with more workable stats. Also, he can form a support triangle with Lugh and Chad, which is win in my book as both are usable units(less so in Chad's case since he's a thief). Sophia... she supports with units that either have their slots full or really shouldn't be fielded in efficient play, and neither should her.

I will admit, however, that Sophia is easier on the eyes, but that's not saying much as Fir, Miredy, and Lilina are better looking and have bigger racks.

Nuff said.

Edited by darkandroid125

I like both ^_^ but I prefer Sophia she's the only female shaman and i'm not counting Deirdre or Yuriah they use boring light magic.

Personally, I found dark magic in general to be boring, but at least Sophia gets points for being a female shaman. Too bad the female Druid sprite is a pretty big downgrade, IMO...

I used Sophia once.

I abused her in some arena.

She actually won shit and became usable.

But yeah, Ray's best to use, but I like Sophia more.

Linearly she's not really a shaman. It's just one of the arbitrary limitations. If it was about using dark magic, it could be any playable character or enemy unit in FE6, or any FE game. If it was just playable FE6 characters, Niime would be on there. Does guinever use dark in this one? It might only be light that's additional for her :/

Ray most definitely, but Sophia is adorabibble. Just insanely useless. Like, probably one of the worst units in portable FE history (along with Wendy)...

I demand more awesome female units in FE. Damn gender roles :(

Ray most definitely, but Sophia is adorabibble. Just insanely useless. Like, probably one of the worst units in portable FE history (along with Wendy)...

I think Wendy is a bit worse ^^' at least Sophia can forever attack 2 range with walls around her but Wendy doesnt have the luxury of 2 range attacking ;;'. except javelin with bad hit.

Edited by Queen_Elincia

I think Wendy is a bit worse ^^' at least Sophia can forever attack 2 range with walls around her but Wendy doesnt have the luxury of 2 range attacking ;;'. except javelin with bad hit.

And her damage sucks with it, especially since point for point, base level Wendy has 4 less atk with a javelin than base level Sophia has with Flux, and I'm not even taking into considering that Wendy's 10atk is targeting defense(which most enemies have a good deal of)while Sophia's 14atk is targeting res(which is scarce in most enemy classes). Here's proof of how pathetic base Wendy's javelin chip is(I'll be using Ch8 enemies in this example, and it's sadly nothing to break your scouter over):

[spoiler=Wendy's stats and C8 enemies]Wendy: L1 Knight w/ Javelin

10atk/64hit/1crit=19HP/8def/0res/10avo/2 AS/6cev

Soldiers have 33 HP/3def. Wendy does 7dmg(5HKO).

Archers have 29HP/5def. Wendy does 5dmg(6HKO).

Armors have 28HP/13def. Wendy tinks them(-HKO).

Mages have 23HP/4def. Wendy does 6dmg(4HKO).

Mercs have 30HP/7def. Wendy does 4dmg(8HKO).

I could list enemies in other chapters, but I think that Wendy's pathetic damage levels(under -9000)in her joining map should be proof enough. That and she has no business chipping archers and mages because they will ORKO her right back.

Edited by DA125

Ought I go off on a list? It's not difficult to pull game-breaking chicks out of a hat for you. Fire Emblem's pretty balanced as far as that goes.

Anyway, I cast my vote for Sophia for the grand old point Soul made.