Mitnala Rising

Radiant Dragon

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, the terrible idea is the fuck you post without the fuck you. At least I drug Haze back down to hell after my demise. You just complimented the mod, despite the fact that HE's the one who wrote in our demise. Ulki, you make a terrible vengeful spirit.

Dragged. DRAGGED. Sheesh, Snike.

Unless you meant to say you slipped him a date rape drug.

What else could he mean? See that coffin Haze left in? Snike and Haze were in there having a riot

Dragged. DRAGGED. Sheesh, Snike.

No, I injected him with cyanide. >____>

Sorry for not being able to update today. I thought I would, but apparently not. However...

CalebtheKraken has been lynched, and the Low Risers have been eliminated. The Town has won!

Ending flavor, roles and Postgame will come with the update tomorrow afternoon. Hopefully.

That was easy.

Also, saved WoMC twice, I think. 8D

Duhh the mafia never target me, ever of course you saved him that night.

[spoiler=Day Five flavor]Jason in his bedroom at Duncan's house when the mob came, calling for him to be hung. Or was it hanged? Whichever. It didn't matter now. For the last day, Jason had been content to accept his fate at the gallows for his part in the Low Riser's crimes. But now, he wasn't as sure he wanted to die like this. As the mob started to pound on the door, he made his decision. He jumped to the door and slammed it shut as the front door was broken down. He then stuck a chair under the handle to delay them and vaulted out of the window.

The man-hunt was on.

___

At the town square, Allen was organizing the search parties that were to comb Mitnala to find Jason and recieving reports of parties that had come back only to report that they had not found him. As it got dark and people started to go home, Allen had to grudgingly admit that Jason had escaped.

James came up to him and asked "He didn't get away, did he?"

"Unfortunately, he did." Allen replied. "We'll reorganize everyone tomorrow and search, but my hopes aren't high."

"So... it's over?"

"Yes. Jason's smart. He knows he can't stay in Mitnala. The only question is whether or not he'll return someday..." As Allen finished, the last searchers, lead by Mark, were reporting in. Noticing the distinct lack of a captive Jason among them, it came as no surprise when Mark told him they had been unable to find him. Allen thanked them and told them to go home for the night.

Mark didn't leave imediately, though. "What will happen to Mitnala now?" he asked. "There really isn't anyone able to take up the position of Mayor now."

Allen nodded. "Indeed, it may be quite a while before a new Mayor is found. Not to mention the lasting impact on the citizens who have lost loved ones during this crisis..."

"I... will be alright." Mark repiled. "As for others, I don't know."

"It will be a long time before this is forgotten, if it ever is forgotten." James chimed in. "The deaths of so many people in such a short time frame..."

Allen stopped him. "It doesn't matter now. We must focus, and put all of our resources and energy into moving forward. Mitnala will survive. No matter what."

James and Mark nodded in agreement, before heading their separate ways.

___

As the men left the square, Oscar made sure to stay hidden in the shadows until they had left his sight. He didn't want them to know he had been watching them, in case they drew the wrong conclusions.

It pleased him to know Mitnala was safe, but he simply couldn't stay any longer. It pained him to leave the town he loved, but the memories of everything that had happened were too fresh, and too painful. He didn't believe that Jason would return, but whether he did or not was no longer his problem.

He started to head home and pack, wondering what the future would hold.

Spreadsheet

Preface

Originally, the numbers were 11/4/4, the High Risers had a Doctor and the Low Risers had a Cop. After deciding that the Mafias were too powerful, I made the game 13/3/3, got rid of the Town's Bodyguard and Tracker, split the Driver into 2 roles, and added three Townies. Everything looked okay.

However, I eventually decided that I wanted everyone to have some kind of role (I still don't remember why), so I added the relatively weak Researcher, Coroner and Reviver roles and changed the mafia mooks to a Persuader and Tracker. Unfortunately, I didn't expect half of the Mafias to claim Townie.

After receiving all of the claims, the the town leaders were able to figure out that there were no generics in the game, due to Aquilae claiming Townie, Eclipse and Excellen claiming that they had no abilities until someone died and Kevin (who had also claimed Townie) claiming Janitor to Anouleth before Anouleth was lynched. This completely unbalanced the game in the Town's favor, and it's no surprise that they were able to win pretty easily.

I want to apologize to everyone who played the game. It is my fault that the game went as badly as it did, and I know not to make the same mistakes again.

Now on to the Postgame proper.

___

Mitnala

The town played well for the most part, getting organized early and making good lynches throughout the game. I believe they were slightly overpowered, but the Mafias played pretty poorly, so I can't be sure.

[spoiler=Roles]Balcerzak: Killed Night One

Nathan: Town Mason

Nathan is the Chief Justice of Mitnala, and is also a single father caring for his daughter, Vivian. His wife Karen died due to an illness several years back. His biggest concern is keeping Vivian safe.

You are part of a group of Masons who know who each other are and know you are all innocent.

The other Masons are: Haze and Bizz.

You are allied with the Town, and win when all other factions are eliminated.

Tried to lead the town with Haze, and came up with an idea to prove Weapons, Ulki and Caleb were who they said they were Night One. Killed by the Low-Risers for trying to lead the town.

Bizz: Killed Night One

Susan: Town Mason

Susan is Mark's wife and Alice's grandmother, and is one of the oldest Justices serving in Mitnala. She's kind and well-read, but also strict and unyielding when dealing with criminals in court.

You are part of a group of Masons who know who each other are and know you are all innocent.

The other Masons are: Balcerzak and Haze.

She was going to be the Mason's 'Ace in the Hole', to take over leadership if/when Haze and Balcerzak died. Unfortunately, she was killed by the High-Risers to try and pin suspicion on Excellen.

Anouleth: Lynched Day Two

Lucian: Town Driver

Lucian is the most well-liked Bus Driver in Mitnala, since he is always willing to lend an ear to people's troubles, and give them some helpful advice. He also likes to hand out random, if somewhat useless, facts about pretty much anything.

At night, you may send me a PM entitled 'Night X: Switch USER'. You will visit USER and switch them with the other Driver's target. Any actions to one of these players that night will be done to the other. You may not switch yourself.

[With Lyra dead, you have to drive her route as well. At night, you may send me a PM entitled "Night X: Switch USER1 with USER2". You will visit both players and switch them with each other. Any actions done to USER1 that night will be done to USER2 and vice a versa.]

He got lynched because Red Whirlwind's protection on Balcerzak failed and because everyone assumed the Drivers were on opposite factions, making Haze believe he had driven Red away from Balcerzak. However, he managed to get Kevin to claim to him before he died, and get Snike lynched as well as a result.

Eclipse: Killed Night Two

Alice: Town Nurse

Alice is a student and intern nurse at Mitnala's largest hospital. Her parents died to an illness when she was young, and her older sister Elli was murdered not long after. She has lived with her grandparents Mark and Susan since, and it's thanks to them that she decided to become a doctor.

You have no unique abilities until certain conditions are met.

[With Mark dead, you have taken over looking after his patients. At night, you may send me a PM entitled 'Night X: Protect USER'. You will visit USER and prevent them from dying that night. You may not protect yourself.

Also, you have received a list of Mark's previous patients.]

Her messages were for the Doctor (the band-aids), a Cop with a brain (trenchcoat) and Townies (the wastes of space). Chatted with Excellen and Haze quite a bit, and got killed for being good, active and the High-Risers were sure Haze had the doctor on him.

Haze: Killed Night Two

Donald: Town Mason

Donald is a well repected Judge in Mitnala, but he feels as though the town's judiciary system is often ignored in favor of less humane tactics. His feelings have been confirmed with the town's use of fear tactics and the gallows to destroy the Mafia.

The other Masons are: Balcerzak and Bizz.

Haze played really well, weeding out bad claims and information from the good, leading good lynches and getting Weapons and Red Whirlwind to take over for him before he died (although Red never received the spreadsheet, so really it was just Weapons).

Mikethfc: Killed Night Three

Courtney: Town Researcher

Courtney is a well known reporter, who always takes on the high-profile stories. Which is most of the reason she's well known, I suppose. When she's not working, she enjoys hanging out around town with her friends and partying.

Each day, you will learn of a random role that is in the game, and also what it does.

He kind of cleared the Cop, Doctor and backups when he learned about the Nurse, but didn't do much otherwise. Ended up dying when JB switched him with Weapons (who was the Low-Riser's target that night).

Kay: Killed Night Four

Marisa: Town Reviver

Marisa has been a follower of the local religion since her parents died when she was young, and tries to teach others to show faith. Unfortunately, most of the town doesn't believe in the teachings, prefering to focus on life in Mitnala instead.

Once in the game, you may send me a PM entitled 'Night X: Revive USER'. USER will be brought back to life at the beginning of the next Day Phase, but will die again at the end of the phase.

The sole reason for Rule 11. Kay was really quiet, only posting to vote, claim and send in his order I believe. Was used to prove Ulki's guilt and as a disposable shield to for JB to switch and save Weapons.

Strawman the Sawman Shaman: Survived

Allen: Town Cop

Allen is Mitnala's Chief of Police. However, he is more of a politician than a police officer, and he is not above falsifying evidence in order to obtain a conviction, and has put many innocents behind bars. Still, he is well respected by most of the town.

At night, you may send me a PM entitled 'Night X: Investigate USER'. You will visit USER and learn their Role and Affiliation.

If you die, your Deputy will take over and be able to perform investigations.

He trusted completely that Haze and Weapons were clear, and followed orders blindly. Not much else to say, really.

Excellen Browning: Survived

James: Town Deputy

James is one of Mitnala's best detectives, and he has a high reputation as a analyser of crime scenes. He has been working on the Mafia case for quite some time, and he believes that there's more to this case than the town thinks.

You have no unique abilities until certain conditions are met.

[With Allen dead, you have been promoted to Chief of Police. At night, you may send me a PM entitled 'Night X: Investigate USER'. You will visit USER and learn their Role and Affiliation.

Also, you have received a report of Allen's investigations.]

Got a little on Haze and Eclipse's nerves for going around spreading rumors that they were Mafia, and accidently got Bizz killed. Didn't play badly by any means however, trying to stay involved in everything that was going on despite Weapons stonewalling him.

Red Whirlwind: Survived

Mark: Town Doctor

Mark is the Chief of Staff of Mitnala's largest hospital, and he also teaches medicine to aspiring doctors during the day. He has opposed Mortimer's recent health care reforms because he believes that they will make if harder for the hospital to buy the medicine and machines it needs.

At night, you may send me a PM entitled 'Night X: Protect USER'. You will visit USER and prevent them from dying that night. You may not protect yourself.

If you die, your Nurse will take over and be able to protect players.

She played okay for her first mafia, although she was under some suspicion for letting Balcerzak and Haze die while she was protecting them. Nevertheless, Haze tried to send her the spreadsheet before he died, but she never got it for some reason.

JBCWK: Survived

Lyra: Town Driver

Lyra drives Mitnala's night shift buses. Even so, she still seems to find time in the day to hang out around town. She was given the night shift after being involved in an automobile accident that killed Mortimer's young son, Daniel.

At night, you may send me a PM entitled 'Night X: Switch USER'. You will visit USER and switch them with the other Driver's target. Any actions to one of these players that night will be done to the other. You may not switch yourself.

[With Lucian dead, you have to drive his route as well. At night, you may send me a PM entitled "Night X: Switch USER1 with USER2". You will visit both players and switch them with each other. Any actions done to USER1 that night will be done to USER2 and vice a versa.]

He managed to save Weapons twice (Red Whirlwind was on Strawman the last few nights) and prevent Ulki's block, which allowed Weapons to kill Snike. I don't recall him and Anouleth having much communication before Anouleth was lynched, since Haze instructed them to not tell each other their targets.

Wen Yang: Survived

Alexander: Town Coroner

Alexander is only a coroner to pay the bills. His true aspiration is to become a famous writer of mystery novels, and spends most of his free time brainstorming. He often goes to James and Courtney for ideas for his book.

When a player dies at night, you will learn what their action that night was and which faction killed them, if there is enough evidence to do so.

The role was mostly to learn who had the Janitor and who the Vigilante killed; It's much more useful in a multifaction game like one of JB's games. Outside of giving information to the town leaders and claiming really early for some reason, he didn't do a whole lot. Although he was considered as a potential mafia kill target early on.

Weapons of Mass Construction: Survived

Oscar: Town Ex-Convict

Oscar was once accused of murdering Alice's sister, Elli. He didn't do it, but was found guilty anyway because Allen made up evidence to convict him. He's been let out early for good behavior. He doesn't believe that the police will be able to protect Mitnala, and has taken matters into his own hands to get rid of the Mafia.

Twice in the game, you may send me a PM entitled 'Night X: Kill USER'. You will vist USER and kill them. However, you will appear Guilty if you're investigated.

Was given the spreadsheet after Haze died, and lead the village from there. Leaders like Weapons are most of the reason town leader games are not fun, in my opinion. Weapons gave no reasons for his orders or suspicions, and refused to let Excellen or Red Whirlwind know what was going on.

The High Risers

These guys got eliminated really quickly, due to Haze figuring out the Townie claims were bogus and Paperblade's Sensor claim (an interesting role, although Balcerzak is right that it's probably too powerful) not adding up with the rest of information Haze had.

They also ended up a little weaker compared to the Low Risers, due to having the Janitor.

[spoiler=Roles]Aquilae: Lynched Day One

Mortimer: High Riser Godfather

Mortimer is the current Mayor of Mitnala, and is well respected by much of the town. However, he also leads a small Mafia, fencing goods and counterfeiting money. His purpose is to generate enough money to afford an expensive opperation for his son Daniel, who has been in a coma since a near-fatal automobile accident.

You will appear Innocent if you're investigated.

You are allied with the High Risers, and win when all other factions are eliminated.

He was pretty quiet, and got lynched for claiming townie and switching his vote around too much without giving any good reasons for doing so.

Kevin: Killed Night Two

Benjamin: High Riser Janitor

Benjamin is the most practical memeber of the High-Risers, and his job is to get rid of anyone who could be get in the way of the High Riser's goal. He never leaves any evidence, always making sure that the kill can't be traced back to Mortimer.

The High Riser's nightly kill target's Role PM is not revealed to the other factions while you're alive. However, these Role PMs will be revealed if you die.

You are allied with the High Risers, and win when all other factions are eliminated.

He claimed Townie, and made a big mistake by telling Anouleth he was the Janitor before Anouleth was lynched, who passed the information to Haze.

Paperblade: Lynched Day Three

Victor: High Riser Persuader

Victor is a member of Mitnala's council by day, and a member of the High Risers by night. His job is to keep the High Riser's actions out of the news, using his contacts in the media. Unfortunately, Duncan's return has made his job difficult.

At night, you may send me a PM entitled 'Night X: Convince USER1 to lynch USER2'. You will visit USER1 and persuade them to vote for USER2. You can not force a player to vote two nights in a row, and you can not force a player to be voted for two nights in a row.

[Now that Mortimer has died, you have become Mayor of Mitnala until the current crisis is over. Your vote towards the lynch now counts for two.]

He claimed to Haze that his role was knowing how many Town alligned players voted for the lynched player each day. Unfortunately, his numbers were not consistent with the other information Haze had, so Haze had Strawman investigate him and he was lynched the day after.

The Low Risers

They were able to last a little longer than the High Risers and weren't as affected by the Townie fiasco, but Caleb's horrible reports did them in in the end.

Slightly more powerful than the High Risers, although I might just be overrating the Janitor.

[spoiler=Roles]Snike: Killed Night Three

Duncan: Low Riser Hitman

Duncan was an important member of Mortimer's original Mafia. However, his brutality caused Mortimer to exile him from Mitnala. Now Duncan wants revenge, and will stop at nothing until Mortimer is dead and he is the new Mayor of Mitnala.

The Low Riser's nightly kill can not be stopped by Doctor protection as long as you're alive.

You are allied with the Low Risers, and win when all other factions are eliminated.

He played pretty well, getting the Low Risers organized and sending in actions for Caleb when he failed to do so. Unfortunately, he claimed townie to Haze, which ended up getting him killed by Weapons.

SlayerX: Lynched Day Four

Elizabeth: Low Riser Hooker

Elizabeth grew up in the neighboring town of Taizel, where she made a living as a model. She met Duncan shortly after he visited there. When Duncan asked her to come with him to Mitnala and help him take down Mortimer, she agreed.

At night, you may send me a PM entitled 'Night X: Entertain USER'. You will visit USER and prevent them from performing any actions that night.

You are allied with the Low Risers, and win when all other factions are eliminated.

Ulki followed orders well enough, but got lynched when he failed to hook Kay and because Caleb's reports gave them away as the last Low Risers.

CalebtheKraken: Lynched Day Five

Jason: Low Riser Stalker

Jason is Duncan's right hand man, and has been since they were part of the original Mafia that Mortimer created. When Duncan returned to Mitnala to exact his revenge, Jason was the first one to return to his side. He has a keen eye and notices things others do not.

At night, you may send me a PM entitled 'Night X: Stalk USER'. You will track USER and learn who they visit that night. If they do not visit anyone, you will watch them and learn who visited them instead.

He refused to give accurate reports to the town leaders, and his false reports lost the game for the Low Risers.

Unfortunately, I didn't expect half of the Mafias to claim Townie.

Neither did I.

an interesting role, although Balcerzak is right that it's probably too powerful

It is only powerful lategame, or if the mafia never vote, in which case, they're identities can be weeded out fairly quickly. Although perhaps the uniqueness of the role makes it suspicious, so sorry Paper.

I want to apologize to everyone who played the game. It is my fault that the game went as badly as it did, and I know not to make the same mistakes again.

It wasn't a bad game, just things spiralled quickly out of control for the mafia with my gamble giving me away and Paperblade being investigated the same night. Tbh, my vanilla claim as just due to my forgetfulness to look for a role (something I didn't want to happen to PB too).

It is only powerful lategame, or if the mafia never vote, in which case, they're identities can be weeded out fairly quickly. Although perhaps the uniqueness of the role makes it suspicious, so sorry Paper.

It's insanely powerful right off the bat. You do realize that if you know how many mafia players there are(and Balcerzak and I surmised it was 13/3/3 quite early on), it also tells you how many mafia DIDN'T vote for the target as well right? If Paper were telling the truth we'd have had two confirmed scum Day 2, as well as around four or five clears. I picked that role and those numbers apart checking common names, who'd moved between day 1 and 2, etc. The pms I made about it were fairly lengthy.

The problem was that it was implicating Strawman and Mike and clearing you and thus by extension Snike. There being no vanillas was a suspicion that was going to get you shot Night 2 even before you confirmed it by claiming to Anou without uttering so much as a word about it to me. Mike had done nothing but provide accurate and even obscure information(if that claim was fake, he never would have said "Nurse"), and Strawman was the cop. So I had Paper checked Night 2.

That's also what I meant when I said Mike helped out a lot in the thread after he died.

One thing bothers me though. Why did you claim Low Riser Janitor to Anouleth? Everyone knew the High Risers had the Janitor(from Wen Yang), surely if Anouleth really had been a Low Riser he'd have called you out on it immediately, or stopped talking to you since you'd obviously have been fake as far as a real Low Riser would have been concerned.

Oh well, gg. Town were awesome, Bal was awesome, Weapons did great despite being a tad antisocial about it, and I still feel bad for poor Bizzy.

The problem was that it was implicating Strawman and Mike and clearing you and thus by extension Snike.

It was not clearing Kevin. I had specifically picked Kevin as one of the scum.

One thing bothers me though. Why did you claim Low Riser Janitor to Anouleth? Everyone knew the High Risers had the Janitor(from Wen Yang), surely if Anouleth really had been a Low Riser he'd have called you out on it immediately, or stopped talking to you since you'd obviously have been fake as far as a real Low Riser would have been concerned.

Kevin did tell Anouleth he was a High Riser. Anouleth was the one who mixed them up when relaying the information.

how many mafia DIDN'T vote for the target as well right?

Hence why the 'If they never vote' bit.

Although it does seem very powerful thinking more about it. I guess it would have to be nerfed somewhat.

That's also what I meant when I said Mike helped out a lot in the thread after he died.

Fair enough.