Jeigans

Galenforcer

59 members have voted

1. 1. How do you view them?

• One of the best characters you can have.
    • Just for utility purposes.
    • Benchwarmers?

They're valuable in HMs, but for normal/casual play, they are "utility" to me. Use them in the beginning, then bench them once other units get stronger. The only ones that usually get use for the entire game is Oifaye*, Seth, Titania, and RD!Sothe.**

But Sothe isn't an Ofaiye. He just caps a few of his stats, which don't mean anything if you can't put good use to them in the end.

Uh, Soul. ERL didn't say that Sothe is an Oifey.

He said that the only four Jeigans he use throughout the entire game are Oifey, Seth, Titania, and Sothe, merely putting them in the same sentence in close proximity to each other.

Some are worse than others. Seth and FE9 Titania are completely overkill broken, FE7 Marcus is really really good but not quite their level. Oifaye is really amazing. He might look a little pale compared to "broken 2nd gen units"...but that's really just people with holy weapons, and most of those don't even have the mount that he does. As someone else said, he's basically a 2nd gen Sigurd. He has weapon versatility, Pursuit, Critical, and just good all-around stats. Some might view him as less because he's not "necessary" and all, but the fact is that he's a really solid unit all-around.

Then there's the more traditional ones like Alan, FE6 Marcus and, well, Jeigan. They do really wear out quickly, though FE11 Jeigan is a useful forgedHorseslayerbot throughout the game.

trufax: The harder mode you go, the more you're forced to use the Jeigan character

^ Indeed.

It's probably been said to death by now, but f you're playing normal mode, then you can easily make it through without using these guys. But if you're taking on harder modes, Jagen and his kin are useful to have around.

For my own personal experiences...

FE7

Marcus makes rescuing the village in 13x feasible.

In HHM, I hadn't built up Lucius much, and the Shamans were kicking my face in. Guess who was the only one who could deal damage and have enough HP and Resist to take on their attacks as well as some of the mercs? (Florina didn't have enough oomph.)

FE8

Only time I really used Seth was in Hard Mode. Even with his help, it was harder than it looked. (Didn't Tower Abuse for principle and weapon conserving)

FE9

You need Titania for Hard Mode. That is all. (Either that or I failed to raise other walls like Oscar. Also possible.)

FE10

Over half Nearly all your army from Part 2 onwards is a bunch of Jagens in the traditional sense.

FE11

If you've ever done H2 or higher, then you know why people worship the Silver Lance and He Who Can Wield It.

I use Jeigans, but I don't really like them. Nothing against them as a concept, it's just that as individuals, they're all pretty uninteresting. I like Marcus and Zealot, though.

I use em for back up and utility most of the time so my other units get levels. The jeigan types very rarely get boss kills. Marcus gets benched after a certain point but is sometimes brought back for utility purposes. Seth and Titania actually remain on the team for most of the game because they are both great utility and do pretty good damage.

Actually, Jeigan types are usually some of the better recipients for boss kills, since the bonus is usually a flat 20 and not affected by level. 20 EXP on a level 20/1 character is more valuable than 20 EXP on a level 1 character.

Actually, Jeigan types are usually some of the better recipients for boss kills, since the bonus is usually a flat 20 and not affected by level. 20 EXP on a level 20/1 character is more valuable than 20 EXP on a level 1 character.

I thought the Boss bonus was 40 EXP, or is that only in Normal Modes?

Then there's the more traditional ones like Alan, FE6 Marcus and, well, Jeigan. They do really wear out quickly, though FE11 Jeigan is a useful forgedHorseslayerbot throughout the game.

They only really wear out very quickly because enemy growths in their games are high. If FE6 HM were anything like FE7 HHM, Marcus would still be really good.

Not to mention Seth's awesome supports. Eirika A/Franz B is quick enough and nets him full attack.

Arr.

trufax: The harder mode you go, the more you're forced to use the Jeigan character

Well that sorta goes without saying. Even in normal modes, they will be useful helping tackling that one enemy or boss that others have trouble with.

I do see your point. Ive always had used my Lords in finishing off a boss though. Jeigans are gonna have a hard time leveling with just normal combat though so yeah. Id say it can go both ways depending on playstyle.

That's what he basically said when including him with two other Ofaiyes and saying they are usually used up to the end. :p But "because he is forced"...yeah.

If I said I like dogs, cats, rabbits, and butterflies, am I saying butterflies are mammals? Sometimes, a cigar is just a cigar, Soul. ;p

Oh hey, I've been following this but never posted here. Let's fix that.

For me, in a typical, fun run, I'm not afraid to use Jeigans a good amount, but where reasonable I try to use them more for weakening and/or meatshielding than killing. I don't usually use them long term unless it's something like a draft or a ranked run, but I've done it with the likes of Seth and Titania before. In fact, I usually use them long term on a first run.

Oh, and I pretty much always use Sothe long term. Not only because he's forced, but also because I'm one of the few people on this planet that actually likes him.

Sothe is dead useful in part 1 so why shouldnt you use him? I do usually have him simply stand around and do nothing in part 4 or he sits out endgame. (I use him in 4-3 though for nabbing all that treasure.)

Sothe is dead useful in part 1 so why shouldnt you use him?

There are better people to train. The weak 1st tiers need training in order to survive Part 2. You can't rely on Sothe too much, he eats the valuable experience other units need.

How do you kill off DB members in Part 2? It should be pretty easy to keep them alive... :P:

Anyways, there are methods of beating Part 3 that don't require any training of DB members.

Edited by Rewjeo

The only Jeigans I like are Titania from FE9 and the original Jeigan. I used to like Seth before I came to this site and saw everyone riding him mercilessly.