Your opinion on the 3DS & games.

Claude C Kenny

This is what I posted on gamefaqs, but i'm quickly learning why people don't like them, because my topics usually do not last very long, and can be deleted.

Like many people, I want to get a 3DS, but I don't think it's worth dropping $250 for. But, what I was going to do, is buy the games that I want when they come out, so that when I do finally get a 3DS (even if I eventually break down and just pay $250), i'll already have the games I want.

Thing is, we all know that most games, usually starting with the less popular one's, eventually see a significant price drop. And some of the more popular one's get the player's choice price reduction. So, would it be worth waiting to see if what I want eventually gets a drop, or should I just pay the going rate on certain games?

The games I want the most so far are: OoT, Megaman Legends 3, Paper Mario, Mario Kart, and Mario Bros 3D.

And here's hoping for a Smash Bros. 3DS!

Edited by Claude_C_Kenny

I'm mainly holding back on the 3DS to wait and see how successful it becomes, and then I'll by the 2nd or 3rd model of it. The first model will probably have some unanticipated bugs that will be fixed in time, imo.

But if no really great games come out for it, I might not buy it at all.

I'm liking my 3DS so far. It's brighter than my DS, and has a longer battery life (when not using the 3D), so I can't complain. Didn't get any of the games, though. I'm waiting for May, so I can start downloadin' stuff of the VC, and June so that I can get Paper Mario. That's when this system's finally gonna start rocking.

I agree with seph, I like my 3DS a lot (cosmo black, all the way). It's smaller than my relic of an original DS, and I like using the circle pad for some DS games. I've only got SSF4 as far as 3D games go, but it's pretty fun, even for a fighting novice like myself. I'm still failing on the easier difficulties, but I'm working my way up, and I don't care what people say, the 3D makes the game look really cool. It doesn't seem gimmicky at all when playing, it just looks great; I always have it on.

As far as future games, I'm planning on getting OoT3D (I never finished the original because I played TP first, and TP felt like OoT v2.0), Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance, Kid Icarus Uprising, Mario Kart, Super Mario 3DS, and Professor Layton and the Mask of Miracles. That's a pretty solid prospective game lineup for now, if you ask me.

I also used it as a camera over spring break, when I went to an military museum, so I've got a couple of the required nose-comes-out-of-the-screen shots of fighter jets. The camera pretty much sucks, but who cares, it's coming out of the screen, and I left my camera at home.

I've only got a couple complaints, the first of which is that, despite all the reviews I've seen, the AR games and Face Raiders really aren't at all interesting to me. Before I got SSF4, I only ever played DS games... and made hordes of Miis. Speaking of Miis, the auto-Mii maker with the camera sucks. The only thing it's good for is a laugh. Worst of all for me, though, I swear I'm fingerprint OCD with my gaming systems, and the 3DS will be the death of me. Every time I hand it to someone and they grab it by the inside of the top half, I die a little inside. The material around the top screen gets fingerprints all over it if you so much as look at it.

But those are nitpicks. It works great, and I haven't had any battery problems yet. Looking forward to internet and downloads.

Edited by Ragnell

Oh, wow. I saw the same topic on a friend's forum just a few minutes ago.

I don't know a whole lot about the 3DS, I don't own one. My sister wants one(to get an Animal Crossing game...), so I'll probably have one soon. $250 sounds a bit pricy for a newly designed DS with additional functions, I think.

And I really don't wanna have a Super Smash Bros. 3DS. Or another smash game at all.

I have it since launch day but I didn't play it much yet. 3D pictures are pretty fun to mess around and I'm looking forward to a few games like Mario Kart and Paper Mario, while currently having Street Fighter. I'll mainly use this on the bus or during coffee breaks at work in the future.

I like new things. I like Nintendo handhelds. I like 3D without glasses. I like ports of classic Nintendo titles.

I like the Nintendo 3DS. I don't like the pricetag.

Edited by Esau of Isaac

I love it so far. I've picked up SSFIV, I'm crap at it, and Samurai Warriors Chronicles, I love the Musou games. I plan on picking up Zelda, Kid Icarus, Mario, and basically any of Nintendo's main franchise titles when they come out. As for third party stuff, that will be things like Tales of the Abyss, both Resident Evils, MML3, and other things. Really hoping Capcom brings out some version of Monster Hunter for it.

As for when to get stuff, I'm a launch day person. But that is completely up to you. Obviously it'd be smarter to get some things when they launch rather than wait for them, anything by Atlus and maybe stuff like the Tales of series.

@Lancelot

If you have a DSi/XL, you can go ahead and trade that in, if they still have the deal, at Gamestop to get a pretty good chunk of the price knocked off. I traded a DSi XL in, that I won in a contest, and got $100 off of my 3DS, so it was only $150 for me. But yeah, it is a little pricey.

I've never had any handhelds, wasn't planning on buying one now...

...but who knows, if there won't be any emulation possibilities and multiple FE's come out for it... (that's why I bought a Wii, emulator didn't work on my pc)

I'm gonna wait at least until Christmas, myself, so that there are better game selections and, hopefully, better color options. Of all the colors they Nintendo showed off, they released my two least favorite. I may wait a full year for my birthday and see if there's any news about a new version coming out. The current stylus position sucks.

I'd wait to buy games. There's no reason to pay more if you aren't going to get to play them for any longer.

The 3DS looks really cool and I would like to purchase one, but the current selection of games doesn't really interest me (needs more RPGs). That and, for some silly reason, they decided to region lock the thing, which is really putting me off.

The 3DS is cool so far, the augmented reality cards are funny for the first few times... the price for the 3DS games is... okay, I'd say.

Currently there aren't really any games that I'd like to play, I'm waiting for the OoT remake, KH Dream Drop Distance and Assassin's Creed 3DS.