Integrity

fuck it, I'm just gonna do an FE  

22 members have voted

1. 1. which

• a hack of one of the above
  2. 2. format

• screenshot
    • video

No poll this time because I don't have options.

RESTRICTIONS:

I still won't do Amnesia.

I evidently don't have a beefy enough computer to do (most?) DS games.

My darling, Mechwarrior 3, won't be possible. :(

go go go just say shit

Edited by Integrity

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your request for Sonic Advance 3 is pre-emptively noted, Em.

Your request for Advance Wars Dual Strike is pre-emptively noted, Psych.

I feel so proud. And yet, disappoint in no Amnesia.

Metal Gear

Aye, a MGS game would be good, failing that, if you have them then Empire Earth/Age of Mythology

It depends what you're trying to do with this LP really

Whilst I think LoTR: the third age would work decently for a LP it wouldn't gather that much interest as its now viewed as a mediocre has-been.

Plus it depends on if you're going for a particular genre eg. MGS, Metroid Prime or TLoZ would work as an adventure but most LPs I've seen are strategy games of some sort.

Whilst I think LoTR: the third age would work decently for a LP it wouldn't gather that much interest as its now viewed as a mediocre has-been.

Its mediocrity was the best thing about it! How many RPGs have some scrub Boromir wannabe indignantly point out "You're in my way!" to a Ringwraith?

Considered and tried the following:

Sonic Advance 3: Fuck no. I don't have the stomach/heart for that.

Advance Wars: Dual Strike: Nope. My computer cannot heartily record ANY DS games.

Shining Force 2: I just ...don't get it. You'll either have to talk me through it or call it a bust, M.

To the rest of the suggestions: give me a little more. I don't even know why anybody would play Paper Mario, since I've never even touched it. Likewise, I'd need convinced to do, say, a Resident Evil because that just seems like a shitty LP to me.

Keep suggesting, though. We'll hit something eventually. Maybe I'll just cave and do Heroes of Might and Magic 3 and lol at the difficulty.

Its mediocrity was the best thing about it! How many RPGs have some scrub Boromir wannabe indignantly point out "You're in my way!" to a Ringwraith?

Well there was a slim chance that they could've apologised, moved out the way and couldn't have been any more courteous in doing so.

Nah, my main beef with that was Morwen and Idrial being complete seerlaaags

Edited by mikethfc

To the rest of the suggestions: give me a little more. I don't even know why anybody would play Paper Mario, since I've never even touched it. Likewise, I'd need convinced to do, say, a Resident Evil because that just seems like a shitty LP to me.

Because Paper Mario is awesome?

Do you need another reason?

Paper Mario is a fairly simple (mechanics wise) RPG: Battles are turn based, with most attacks having button timing to increase damage or continue the attack for longer, and similarly to block enemies. You have three stats, HP (bog standard), FP (Flower points - basically MP, used for special attacks) and BP (Badge Points), each of which you can upgrade as you level up. Unlike most RPGs with equipment, you instead have Badges which have various effects from letting you use some special attack, to boosting your attack power to getting more coins after battles. You also have special Star powers which charge slowly and give you generally massive advantages.

Outside of battles you roam the continent trying to free seven star spirits who Bowser has imprisoned, so you can... uh, I forget exactly why. Play the game and find out! You also have various parners who help you along - each battle, you have one with you and they have up to 4 moves each (you have to upgrade them throughout the game to get some of the moves). Outside of battle they each have special powers, such as a koopa who you can kick into enemies and switches, and a boo who turns you invisible.

It would make a good game to LP because the mechanics are interesting, there's a nice lot of variety in battle strategies with the badges and the game mostly goes at a good pace (at least, it does after you learn about timed attacks, about an hour in ¬_¬). It's also quite a long game, as RPGs generally are, so even with no grinding (which I'd recommend - it's tough to grind anyway as enemies will quickly give no exp when you're overlevelled, and there's a pretty low level cap you can easily reach just by pretty much fighting every enemy on the main route) you'd have a fair run to do and show to people.

Edit: Damn, Paperblade beat me there, and was far more accurate in his assessment. These things happen.

Edited by Cylon

The reason behind my suggestions were that I enjoy LPs of games with choices that the player can make. It's always interesting to see what other people pick.

I probably won't convince you, but it has some Fire Emblem / Final Fantasy elements tied into it:

- Battles take place on a grid map.

- Turn order is determined by Agility (...with some variance)

- Land Effect determines +Def% (slightly misleading, sadly) and will decrease movement

- Promotion (though instead of an item a priest does it for you)

- Equip your own weapons (and rings)

- FIGHT MONSTERS

- Spells that are determined by MP cost.

As much as I hate linking to this guy for personal reasons, MaxKnight did a LP on this. Watch a segment here and there to get an idea if you need too. Or go to MrColonelM's youtube which has some SFII videos too.

You need to Let's Play the Paradox Interactive game Victoria 2.

As far as I've seen, it's way easier to get the hang of than Europa Universalis 3 (well, actually, it might just be a friendlier interface), and it's super epic. It's for PC and would work well with an LP.

Also, if you don't know what it is, it's hardcore historical nation simulator spanning from 1836-1936, where you can literally be any nation in the world and do a whole fuckload of things.