Lord of Azure Flame Chapter 25: The Road to Jerdon

Phoenix

It wasn't terribly long (though it might have seemed like it to Isotov) before Kelas began to wake up. Her first reaction was to tense and pull away slightly-- someone was restraining her-- then she relaxed, settling herself comfortably against Isotov, having realized that it was him and not some captor, and he was warm, and being held by him was more pleasant than it ought to be. This was a terrible idea, especially since the news of the previous night made it clear that anything that happened between them couldn't possibly end in anything better than unwilling separation, and... hell, it was just for the moment, surely she could allow that small measure of happiness. "Mornin'," she mumbled sleepily. She wasn't sure if he was awake, but he probably would be soon enough.

------------------------------

Arrin awoke with the cat sitting on his chest, meowing insistently for food. Having slept undisturbed by the night's cacophony, it wasn't too much trouble to get up-- Arrin was hungry too. Carefully relocating the cat, he got up and dressed, then headed downstairs for breakfast, the cat having installed itself on his shoulder.

Some unknown directional sense led Arrin straight to the dining area, despite there being no smell of cooking food to give away its location. He looked around to see if anyone else was there, and spotted Tessa apparently asleep at one of the tables. He vaguely remembered someone else having passed out at a table before and needing help, so he went over to Tessa. "Tessa, are you all right?" he asked, tentatively placing a hand on her shoulder.

OOC: Kelas is only half awake at this point, this should be amusing.

Edited by Kiryn

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Fire Sage

Iso couldn't hide the expression on his face. Trying only made it more obvious, and even more ridiculous looking.

Iso: G-good ... morning, Kelas. (Maybe she's just too sleepy to care, right now ...? What am I supposed to dooo?) Um ... I uh ... (I'm not sure how to say it ... "I'm sorry I fell asleep here and that we're holding each other like this."? "Oh, sorry, I didn't mean to have my hands there."? "Sorry for randomly falling asleep with you."? Those all sound really ... ... really stupid, right now. I'm not even sure if she's mad or not, or how to get my body to calm down.)

The Falcon Knight

Viveka woke up with a graceful yawn and stretch, sitting up in her bed and taking a look around the room she was in. There was Tobe in the other bed, still asleep from the looks of things. Her first thought was to handle any morning business and then go check on Sunny before getting breakfast. Instead of her riding uniform, which she had been forced to wear so often, it had begun to wear out, she donned a simple long sleeve shirt from her case and one of the skirts she hadn't yet worn. She still put on her riding boots since they were the only ones she could wear properly in a place like the embassy. Not very fashionable, but she really didn't care anymore. It was time to get on with the day.

When she finally came to visit Sunny, she found the pegasus standing there like a statue. She couldn't get the pegasus to move an inch. All Sunny would do was blink her eyes. Opening the pin to let the pegasus out didn't work either much to Viveka's surprise. Had Sunny not been breathing shallowly, Viv might have thought her dead. Five minutes of investigating revealed a spider that was in the stall. The spider seemed to be what Sunny was looking at.

Viveka: ... goddess, did this little guy have you completely petrified in fear the whole night?

Viveka quickly took her finger and thumb and flicked the spider off with small scaled brutal force. It disappeared and Sunny slowly returned to normal.

Viveka: What would you do without me?

Sunny shyly approached Viv, ready to be led out, or ridden, or whatever. She wasn't comfortable trapped in the stall anymore. That spider could have torn her limb from limb if Viveka hadn't eventually come.

"Mm, you're warm..." Kelas hugged Isotov tighter for a moment, then began to notice his reaction as she woke up a little more. "Gods, I'm sorry," she said, a bit more clearly, beginning to pull away. "You didn't want me to do that, did you... sorry..."

Edited by Kiryn

?tahW

Iso: W-warm?

Iso gulped before Kelas realized how nervous he was. When asked if he didn't want her to embrace him like that, he had to cut off his instinctive answer before it came out.

Iso: No it's fi-I mean ... I dunno ... (What is this-I don't even-why can't I make up my mind, here?!) It's just ... that ... doesn't bother you ... or anything?

Demon and Wolf

Miranda: ... hm?

Miranda stared off at the wall as if looking beyond it.

Miranda: (Iso's aura is flickering like a crappy thunder spell. He must be very in tune with his powers for them to reflect his mental state like that. I wonder what their progress is ...)

All these thoughts while still snuggling Fenrir. The chimera had a blank stare as always but seemed receptive to the affection.

A red tint to the face was apparently contagious; Kelas had picked one up, and she wasn't entirely sure how to talk about this. "Not really. If it were anyone else I'd be panicking, but I... trust you," she replied as she sat up, awkwardly looking away as she switched a word choice at the last minute. "And I was... comfortable. But it obviously bothered you, so I'm really sorry about that."

---------------------------

When Tobe woke up, the lady was gone. She'd made him wash and sleep inside, and he wasn't about to complain about that, at least the second part anyway. He got up and ran downstairs, heading out to the barn-- he was hungry, but he'd better wait for the lady for breakfast. Dutifully he grabbed some brushes and went to groom Shadow, who didn't care; she was too busy watching the crazy pegasus in the stall next to her, and paid her small owner no mind.

Edited by Kiryn

Iso

Iso: (Ohhhh noooo. She's sorry? What the hell is wrong with me? Why am I so reserved, right now? I used to be comfortable with this kind of thing myself ... but now I'm sweating at the mere thought of it and I can't even figure out what to say ... ... I'm ... really ashamed of myself right now ...) No ... no don't be sorry.

Iso hung his head a little.

Iso: I'm just ... a little stressed. (It probably is stress ... I mean, look a my life. As soon as I get even a little comfortable, Shanice shows up and screws EVERYTHING up ... it's making me furious just thinking about it. What if ... what if that bastard targets Kelas this time? Uuuurgh!) I ... urgh.

Iso looked down at his legs, which were close to dangling over the edge of the bed. The slight red tint on his nose let him know that his eyes were starting to shift again. He closed them, not wanting to deal with that at the moment.

Viv

Viveka: Okay, Sunny, now just calm down and let me check you over.

As Viveka looked over her pegasus, an almost startling thing caught her attention. That spider from before was the least of Sunny's worries. The pegasus had another one on her rump just idling there right out of sight.

Viveka: (What the hell! If Sunny realized one of these things was actually ON HER, she'd tear the whole place apart in a frenzy!)

Viveka quickly disposed of the little bugger but used a brush to disguise it, and then went to brushing the rest of the pegasus. Once she was done, she gave Sunny a hug and led her back into the stall.

Viveka: It's not time to go riding yet, so just focus on breakfast, okay? I'll be back to check on you in a little bit. (Sooner than I planned remembering how you get ...)

She then put a feedbag on Sunny and then came over to see how Tobe was doing.

Viveka: Good morning. Did you get a good night's sleep?

There was an incredibly awkward pause. "I... we should probably get up, anyway," Kelas finally said. There was a screen across the room for changing behind; she stepped behind it to get dressed, and then headed out of the room. Well, that went well.

----------------

"Yeah," Tobe replied once he worked out he was being addressed. "Wasn' used to them big beds, I ony had a pallet back at t' palace, but it were nice. Er... 's there any food round here?" he asked hopefully.

Iso

Iso remained at the edge of the bed and sighed after Kelas left.

Iso: ... I don't ... urgh. Things aren't supposed to be awkward like this. Urgh! I'm messing up the one friendship I've got left over a little hugging! Err ... wait. (It wasn't just a hug. I remember, now. Before I left, she kissed me ... ... I'm ... I need to think.)

He stood up and grabbed his coat before heading for the door.

Viv

Viveka: Of course. Once you're finished taking care of Shadow, we can go eat breakfast~

Morgan

Morgan slept soundly through the night, wyvern noises and all. When she woke up in the morning she decided to examine the embassy more closely. Walking through the halls, she saw a woman in uniform lounging next to some rooms reading a tome. Morgan paid her little heed and was beginning to find this wandering increasingly pointless when to her surprise, someone familiar opened one of the doors of the rooms.

"News of your continued survival had already reached me, but I am still shocked that someone with such poor decision making skills has managed to live as long as you have. Making a deal with a demon to jump headfirst into a warzone? Of all the foolish and immature things you have done, this is by far the worst," Morgan said to Isotov as the door opened, arms crossed, eyes fixed upon him.

Morning Troubles

As Iso stepped outside, the last person he expected to see appeared, Morgan. She wasted not even a second in scolding him.

Iso: (I just woke up, I don't need this crap.) Yeah, that's a real nice greeting, Morgan. I couldn't have expected more. The demon's name is Miranda, by the way, and the reason I went to that warzone was to make sure I didn't lose my sister to it ... you know, my only sister, my only reason for fighting with you people? Do you have any godly idea what it's like to care about other people--no, not the weapon they're bound to--the actual person? No? Yeah, I didn't think so! You don't get me, and I sure as hell don't get you, so stop pestering me. I'm going to do what I have to for the people I care about whether you like it or understand it or not.

Iso took a firm stance directly in front of the druidess and crossed his arms as well.

"Giving demons names does not make them any more trustworthy. That could have been Shanice posing as Miranda for all you know- you have been fooled by it before, and you could easily be fooled again," Morgan countered, before beginning anew.

"Irina does not need your protection. She is a grown woman and capable enough in battle, having a reckless pyromaniac nearby only hurts her chances of survival. Wanting your kin to live is a normal reaction, but charging at every problem that comes her way is only going to make things more dangerous for both of you. If your actions only affected yourself, I would let you be as foolish as you wish, but your death may cause the deaths of so many others. I will continue to save you from your own stupidity until you have my permission to die, wanted or no," she promised the fire mage.

Iso

Iso: Fooled again ... right, because Shanice is working for Ixion now and is basically at his beck and call. You don't know Miranda like I do. She's not just another demon or she would have severed half of us by now.

Iso shook his head, annoyed by the accusation. Then the second part came. Iso's anger flared up again, and his irises vanished behind a crimson glow.

Iso: 'Permission to die'? I. Am not. A TOOL. For you to use and discard at your leisure, Princess of the Wilds! I'm a human being! Don't give me that horse shit about saving other people! You couldn't care less about other people, could you?! Killing anyone who gets in the way of the mission and then insisting its for the sake of whoever the hell is left! Don't push that crap on me, you murderous Flemeth spawn!

Lev

Lev could hear the argument from his room. Stephanie hadn't woken up yet, but was still sick, so Lev was thankful she wasn't pushing herself any further for the moment. As he lied there on top of the sheets, clothed in everything but shoes and armor, he listened and tried to make out the sounds.

Lev: Sounds like Morgan and Iso ... sure hope it's the real one these time ....

He sat up and a moment later was out of the bed. He positioned himself near the door so he could not only hear what was going on but pretend to come out at just the right moment when he wanted to do so.

Lev: (A little harsh with the words there, Iso?)

SUDDENLY, TITLES Nighttime

"Oh, yes, that's right," Tas replied a bit taken off-guard as he took and shook Damian's hand from where he was seated in his wyvern's saddle, "That must've been what happened. It's good to meet you Mr-- Uh, Colonel Dami-- Um, I mean 'Kleine.' That is, I meant to say 'It's good to meet you, Colonel Kleine.' This is Namid." He took the liberty of introducing his wyvern as he always did, which, to him, was perfectly natural. (He has so many titles... What am I supposed to call him? "Colonel Kleine?" "Damian?" "Crimson Lance Wielder?" Probably not that last one... I hope I didn't offend him. We just met and this would be a terrible first impression.) Aiya's smile had been repaid in kind, too. It was good to be recognized, even though he and she didn't know each other very well yet.

Procedings moved along, however, and Damian and Aiya seemed to quickly become busy with other matters such as working with dog-Ixion in organizing their rooms. (I'll talk to them later. I really should, after all.) As that was going about, he wound up finding where the wyverns were being kept and stabled Namid, relieving him of his tack and going about oiling down Namid's skin. He was exhausted, but this was good practice and he intended on keeping to it. He did have to ask for some skin oil from one of the hands, though. As he tended to Namid and the wyvern drank the water offered him in a watering trough, Tas' mind began to wander, just as it had shown a tendancy to do since his father's funeral. Simple, small memories of the time before the bandit raid drifted to and fro in his mind. It was easy enough to shake off, though, as he focussed himself again and worked all the more diligently to his self-appointed task. (No one's around to oversee me anymore. What I've learned is what I have to live off of from now on. The gold I earned from my sale will last me a long time, but that's no reason to splurge or to remain idle. I have to get a job once all this is done with. A job and a new home -- someplace I can take care of myself and Namid in. That means I have to choose where I'm going to live. I was never really a citizen anywhere, so I've got a lot of options. I know people high up in Zaftra and Septimus and a couple high-ranking Haltonian aquaintances. So, I'll probably wind up in one of those countries. I won't decide now, of course, but it's good to keep things like that in mind, I think.)

Once he'd finished up with Namid -- who'd long since dozed off -- Tas found himself being sleepily guided to where he would be staying. He was asleep before his fatigued body hit the comfortable bed.

And now it's morning

When he awoke, slowly things began to come to Tas' observations. Firstly, he was in some fancy room and on a comfortable bed, which was only disturbed by his laying on it and was otherwise perfectly made. Secondly, he was still in the same clothes he was wearing the night before, fully geared and not having taken a proper bath in long enough to warrent one. There was yelling somewhere outside the door -- his door, he remembered, as a veague memory of the previous night came to Tas' mind. His next thoughts were basicly a mental to-do list. (Alright, time to get up. First, bath--) His stomach growled. (... Alright, maybe some food first... No, wait. I'm in an embassy. Breakfast can wait. Bath first, food after that. I can give my clothes a quick wash while I'm at it, too. Then breakfast. Then-- but, that yelling sounds like it's getting kind of bad... Maybe I should see what that's about first. So, see what the yelling's about, then bath and washing clothes, then breakfast. Maybe I'll see some people at breakfast, too. Then... But maybe I should check on Namid first. No, then I'll never get to anything else I should do today... Okay. I've got it: see what the yelling's about, bath and washing clothes, breakfast and maybe some quick conversations, come back to get some of the gold I brought in here last night from my sales, go to check on Namid, fly to-- No, wait, urban area that's probably not used to wyverns... Okay, so, go see what the yelling's about, bath and washing clothes, breakfast and maybe some chatting, come back to the room to get some of my gold, go out to buy another set of clothes-- wait, what if someone wants to go with me? Well, then they can, I suppose. -- and buy a treat for Namid so that right after that when I go to check up on him, I can give it to him and he won't mind my not seeing him for so long so much. Oh, but I want to find the Septiminian Embassy today, too. I could do that while I'm shopping, I think. I'll get Namid's treat after I talk to Tristan. There. Okay, so today, I'll go see what the yelling's about, bathe and wash my clothes, eat breakfast and have some light talk if anyone is so inclined, mention where I plan to go and what I plan to do and see if anyone wants to come with me, come back up to my room to collect some of my money, go out to get another set of clothes, visit Tristan and talk with him, go get Namid a treat, check up on Namid and give him his treat, probably spend the rest of the day with him. There. Perfect.)

And so, Tas set to performing objective 1: seeing what all the hubbub in the hallway was about. However, something else was added to his list as he exited his door. Iris was standing right there. "Oh, hello," Tas greeted as he shut his door behind him. Moving along with his checklist without even straying from where he stood, he saw that the argument was between Isotov and Morgan...and was getting somewhat volitile. Frowning, he asked Iris, "Do you know what that's all about?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Esphyr had gotten a decent amount of sleep in spite of Kiev's interruptions. Getting ready for the day was a simple, quick task and soon she was in the dining hall, where two of the group's younger members were already at a table, though Tessa seemed to be asleep. She sat nearby, wondering just how they would be served. Would the meal be presented banquet-style? Would it be served according to individual taste? The latter was unlikely. Perhaps they would simply be served a uniform meal per member. No matter how they would be served, it was clear that it wasn't happening yet. Therefore, waiting was the only option.

Sleep Deprivation

A gentle shaking of the shoulder, and Tessa's eyes, now with somewhat prominent dark circles beneath them, fluttered open. Pushing herself upright, she stiffened and brought a hand quickly to her throat while turning to look around. The recognition of the voice penetrated the foggy haze about the same time she laid her eyes on the young mage, and she relaxed visibly. Moving her hand to wipe near the corners of her mouth, in case she'd been drooling, she laughed a little embarrassedly.

"Ah, heh heh, Arrin! Yeah I'm ah―――iiooaah――― fine." Tessa's reply was punctuated by an impressive yawn, which she did her best to politely cover her mouth during. "I seem to have dozed off here a little, haven't I?"

Wide Awake

When the dark-haired woman in the white robes had passed her by Iris had paused in her reading, instead watching her carefully. The woman didn't seem too interested in Isotov and Irina's room, as she moved on past, continuing her way through the corridor. Satisfied enough, the mage had turned her eyes back to her book, but scarcely moments later and a couple stone's throws further down the halls loud voices were being raised. Including one she had been committing to memory. She would now recognize the prince's almost anywhere. Slightly confused, she glanced again at the door, still unbudged. When Tas popped out of his room and asked her if she knew what was up she held up a hand, and shook her head before striding off to investigate, indicating he could tag along if he wished.

The arguement was between the woman she'd just witnessed, and obviously Isotov, and while she hadn't caught everything, she'd heard enough words to step in somewhat. "I don't know just who you think you are, but even if he gets your permission to die, that's not the only permission he's going to need. His Highness won't be just be passing away if I have anything to say about it." That having been said, she turned to the next objective. She gave Isotov a long staredown. His appearance was rather disheveled, obviously having slept in his clothes, and it seemed he'd only just awakened, but that meant...

"Speaking of which... Have you been awake long, my prince?" She asked with a smile, barely masking the pointed probe beneath, and perhaps uncomfortably linked to the subject of him dying. Much of how things were to develop depended precisely on just how he would answer this.

Edit: Urg blurg, didn't expect anyone to still be awake at this time, and Merc posted while I was messing around. Lemme see what needs to change.

Edited by Balcerzak

Whatever this was, it was apparently serious. So, Tas remained quiet as he followed Iris along. He remained silent as he waited to see how Isotov would respond to Iris. He didn't understand half the argument for one thing, and Iris' use of the phrase "speaking of which" had him concerned. Did Isotov's health depend on his answer? He certainly hoped the new prince was alright...

Morgan raised an eyebrow at Isotov's explosive response. He was a bit more familiar with her personal history than she had thought, though perhaps he had spoken with some of the others about the matter.

The female in uniform from earlier decided to speak up and Morgan turned her gaze from Isotov to her at the moment. "His Highness? I suppose if Ivanko were to become Emperor that would make Isotov a prince of a sort...how unfortunate for Zaftra's future. Still, this can work to our mutual advantage. I need him alive to defeat the Lord of Azure Flame, you need him alive for political reasons. Considering how his headstrong nature nearly gets him killed on a regular basis, we should probably set up a system to monitor him at all times. We cannot afford future incidents where Isotov trusts demons merely because they bear the guise of an attractive woman," she said to the uniformed female.

Edited by -Cynthia-

Iso

Iso grunted heavily at Iris' response to Morgan, and Morgan's response to that. More and more on topics he hated.

Iso: You'd better hope your monitor's fireproof, Morgan.

He then decided to answer Iris' question, though that smile on her face was bothering him a little.

Iso: I just woke up, Iris. Biggest mistake of my life.

It was a pretty brisk and cold day, though very clear. Cursing the fact he had very little to keep himself warm, Alf got out of bed and roused Reika. They were probably going to leave today and it would be a good idea to go meet at the embassy.

As soon as they packed up, the two left the inn, and arrived at the entrance of the embassy shortly.

"Wonder if anyone else is up yet...meh. You wait outside ok Reika?"

He was only met with a grunt as she leaned against the wall and closed her eyes, hoping to take a nap. Alf shrugged and headed on in.

OOC: Sucks I know. If anyone is up, you can feel free to talk if you want.

"...how unfortunate for Zaftra's future." This woman was certainly blunt, Iris thought, setting aside the potential accuracy of her statement. The lack of social graces, plus having caught Isotov's referencing her as 'Princess of the Wilds' hearkened back to something she remembered him saying previously. So this was "...You must be Morgan, I assume. 2nd Lieutenant Iris Frederikov, of the Zaftran imperial forces," the adjutant offered by way of introduction, inclining her head slightly. The mention of the prince having a weakness for attractive women was worrisome news, and perhaps related immediately to the subject at hand. Part of her duties were ensuring that the royal seed didn't get sown were it wasn't supposed to, and to preserve the heirs, both of them, though especially Ivanko's direct line, for potential political marriages, even if they were to be themselves at some point decided unsuitable for immediate succession rights. The suggestion of continual monitoring was unexpected, though perhaps it shouldn't have been, and warranted a prompt reply. "That's an interesting idea, perhaps best discussed another time..."

The prince himself seemed somewhat less than pleased by the matter, or perhaps the whole affair in general, but now wasn't the time to discuss precisely how fire retardant she or anyone else was or was not. Especially considering when he replied that he had just woken up. Iris was honestly a little surprised by this, having expected him to attempt to lie his way out of things, to claim he had gotten up quite some time ago, to imply the reason she hadn't seen him leave his room had been due to negligence on her part. His honesty, while not forgiving his actions, whatever the details of which might have been, softened her demeanor considerable. "Haaa, well. You do seem to be regretting it, I suppose. You will be telling me about it in more detail later." This was not a question. She hoped he'd recognize the lenience of being spared any further public humiliation and acquiesce compliantly, though so far for Iris surprises were still more common than not when trying to figure out His Highness's behaviour.

Turning to Morgan, she attempted to steer the conversation to a different, more productive direction. "For now we should get on with actual business. Our stay as members of the Zaftran entourage at the Halton embassy for last night was a temporary affair due to a late arrival and a... independent-minded wyvern," she phrased her opinion of Kiev in a somewhat roundabout fashion. "We will need to meet with this Colonel Damian again to work out specifics, but as your party is, I understand, already somewhat divided, we can come to an agreement that suits everyone, yes? Though perhaps allowing everyone time to freshen and break fast is in order before that..." She glanced again at Isotov, and then also back to the room where Irina was still sleeping... unless the princess too had gone moonlighting last night without returning. Iris grit her teeth somewhat anxiously at that thought. "I'm sure Ixion and that Miranda will have some feedback on that as well..."

Duckin' and Dodgin'

Iso: Yeah, fine, whatever. I'm going to just leave you two to that ...

Iso quickly leaned forward and began walking for the other end of the hall at a noticeable pace. He was too furious with Morgan to stay and keep arguing this. He didn't want his past aggression coming back, but being scolded by that woman was all it really took, and explaining something that convoluted to her right then and there would be incredibly difficult for him, so he opted to simply get away.

As he made his way passed Morgan and Iris, a door opened up and Fenrir came walking out. Miranda appeared next and tried to intercept Iso with a cheerful hug.

Miranda: Isooooo~

To her surprise, Iso was ready and she found herself hugging the air, Iso having ducked almost to a crouch at the last moment and avoiding her. He kept walking, but raised an arm to wave back at them.

Iso: I can't deal with you people, right now. ... sorry. (Do you people WANT me to start a fire in here? Just leave me alone ...)

Miranda: ....

Miranda looked over to Morgan and Iris with an almost serious look, a rarity for her in public.

Miranda: Alright, what did you say to him this time?

This was over Tas' head and he knew it. He also had basicly been an onlooker and didn't know Isotov well enough to confirm or deny any of the discussion and so, himself, decided to try to locate a bathing area he could take advantage of.

"I suppose this matter can be discussed later, provided Isotov does not run off in the meantime," Morgan replied to Iris before Miranda decided to show up.

"And why are you here again? Here to cause more problems for us perhaps?" Morgan asked of Miranda, not bothering to answer her question.

Iris allowed Isotov to abscond for the time being, things were not so bad yet that she needed to impose herself on morning hygiene to ensure he was both safe and behaving properly, and there were still things she was curious about here. Like whose room it had been he had just come out of, and the current conversation with the druid. She would have plenty of time to make the prince uncomfortable later, if it came to that.

"I doubt he's in the running away mood, at least, not without Her Highness to accompany him, we should be fine as long as we're even moderately viligant... for the moment," Frederikov assured Morgan, before turning to answer Miranda. "As for what I said to him? It was really nothing much. If anything he should be considered to have gotten off lightly. But I'm not sure you're really one to talk on the matter, or judging from your actions of last night," she concluded with a dismissive wave. Turning instead to Fenrir she crouched down and asked it, "...how is the situation on your end this morning?"

Miranda and Fenrir

Miranda smirked at Morgan's comment.

Miranda: I just came to make sure Proxima didn't go 'boom' again. It felt like he was about to 'literally' explode there, for a moment. You should try being a little more tactful. Especially since that might actually work as opposed to what you're ... ... currently doing.

To both Morgan and Iris, she said.

Miranda: Making sure he doesn't run off? He's got off lightly? Hah, you two sound like a couple of overbearing housewives. Hahah, no wonder he ran. I don't feel so bad about him passing up a chance to hug me, now~

When Iris knelt down to address Ixion's pseudo communication device, Fenrir, he simply stared back for a moment, then leaned closer to Iris and took a few sniffs.

Miranda: Oh, sorry. Ixion's not in there, at least not right now. He already checked in a few minutes ago. That's just my Fenrir for the moment~

Iso

It took some time, but Iso eventually found the dining room after wandering aimlessly. He came to the closest table he could find and collapsed into the chair. As he lied down over the table with his head down, he groaned quietly. Anyone else may as well have no been there.

Iso: (I've got to decide what I'm going to do, and fast ... because I can't keep fighting with that witch all of the time. This is just too much. It's too hard to deal with this all at once.)

Still feeling incredibly awkward and idiotic, Kelas wasn't really sure what to do next. She could use some breakfast, but she was hesitant to ask for food here until others had done so... perhaps she would go for a ride, to clear her mind. With a grimace she remembered the cold, and headed back to her room to get her coat.

Luckily when she got there, Isotov was gone. Instead of leaving again right away, she sat down to try and collect her thoughts.

She'd been incredibly stupid; anything to happen between the two of them would have ended badly, since they'd be separated by necessity when everything ended. Risking ruining a friendship even with that knowledge had been a terrible idea, and she'd done it anyway. She didn't feel the distress she had over other things she'd done recently; just incredibly stupid.

---------------------

"It certainly seems so," Arrin replied. He saw that Tessa looked a little pale, and had bags under her eyes. "Did you not get much sleep?" he asked, concerned.

As he waited for a reply, he was startled to see Isotov enter the room and sit down, apparently miserable. Either Isotov and Irina had returned, or this was a demon; Arrin hoped the former was true, since Kelas seemed to have been so down after they left, and cheered up once she'd found out that they were all right. "Oh, hello, good to see you again," he said. "Does Kelas know you're back yet? I think she'll be happy to see you."

OOC: I'm terrible.