Abysmal Souls: Chapter 2

ReformBlade

"Heh... and you're just gonna treat me as your bitch, aren't ya. And you don't even understand any of this shit. I'm doing my job too, just like her, and I get all the shit? Ha! If your parents were dead, you'd understand too. But fuck this, since you want me to apologise, fine! I'm sorry, now fucking let me go."

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Hah, I'm pathetic..." he stuttered, crying a bit, still. He was glad to hear that, even if she wasn't ready, she'd liked it. "Try what agmmmph!" He was met with a soft kiss, staring at her confused, but happy. He felt her hand wiping the tears off his face, and he couldn't help but smile. "Yeah, you're... you're right. Thanks, Riya." He hugged her again, looking past her to realize that... They were now trapped between a giant wall of collapsed rock, and the crevice they'd dove into. "Uh... I'm really glad for this heartwarming moment, and all, but... we're trapped."

-----

"She doesn't seem very friendly" Amera said, scowling at the girl Grant had previously hoisted off the ground. "She looks like someone who'll get on my nerves." Amera really didn't like this girl, and wanted to pounce on her for making this other girl cry. She seemed nice enough, the crying girl, and she didn't deserve the bereavement she'd just gotten. She'd remember Lucinda saying something to her right before she'd bounded off to Grant. Something about her taking her sword being fine, so she walked over to her, tapping her on the shoulder. "Sorry about running off there. And even if you say it's fine, I'm still sorry about that."

Edited by seph1212

Ormis

"Ha! If your parents were dead, you'd understand too..."

Ormis had barely heard the words when he was in the assassin's face.

"If you'll excuse me, Grant..."

Then he slugged her in the stomach, hard. "Shut. The FUCK. Up. Oh, boohoo, your parents are dead. What the fuck does that mean to any of us? My parents died because of my failure, do you see me crying all over the place about it? I thought you assassins were supposed to be tough, not stupid and emotional."

"Ah!" Amera gasped as Ormis hit the girl, running over and pulling him away from her. "Ormis, please! I know she's... saying some less than pleasing things, but don't resort to violence right away!" It was quite obvious that Amera didn't want to see anyone start a fight in the middle of the town, let alone someone she considered a friend. "Please, calm down, okay?"

Aurelio

"Ha! If your parents were dead, you'd understand too."

And Ormis was off, already attacking the rogue. Aurelio took it that Ormis had been orphaned, something he'd have to steer clear of in his bullying. He rushed over, with a temper like that he could cause some serious damage. Fortunately, it had been a single punch, still impressive for someone his age. Amera was dealing with it, but he'd lend a hand anyway. Helping Amera pull him back, he lectured;

"Kid, you've made your point. If she knows something, punching her isn't going to exactly put us in her good books. Although I have to agree, I don't like her attitude"

"Ungh!" Damn, the boy had a good punching hand. "Is it my fault that I want to avenge their deaths? Is it my fault for taking revenge for my mother, who died because some stupid fuck thought she was using witchcraft? So you shut your damn mouth too, you fucking bastard, because you don't understand."

Ormis

Ormis struggled against the two holding him back, but to no avail.

"You think I don't understand? I had to stand there and watch as this stupid, supposedly all-powerful fire witch comes and kills my entire family right in front of me, and you tell me I DON'T UNDERSTAND? It want to avenge my parents' death with every bit of my body, but do you seem me skulking around and making girls cry? Don't you DARE tell me I don't understand what it feels like, you little fucker!"

Edited by Camtech075

Lucinda gave the crying girl her handkerchief, let go, and smiled at Amera, finally figuring out what her name was. No matter what she did, Lucinda just couldn't stay mad at her. "No, please, it's fine. Kittens are normally distracted by shiny baubles, ye-- Ormis!" Not only did he punch this ruffian, but she was a woman. Not only was she a woman, she was also wounded! "Ormis! I understand that this woman's behavior is most unpleasant, but she is hurt!"

She took the time to quickly heal her nasty-looking gash and bruises. "The Goddess is most displeased with this kind of behavior! We must show mercy, even to ruthless murderers such as she! As for you..." she glared at the harlot, "I do not care that you have to kill to survive. The Goddess forgives all... however! She holds those who revel in making others miserable in low regard. I pray that you will repent for your actions!" With that, Lucinda yanked the crossbow out of her hand, effectively confiscating it.

~*~*~*~*~*~

"STOP IT!! E-Everyone... pl-please j-just... stop... No m-m-more fighting... please..." Seilynda sniffled, "C-Can we p-please just... put this all behind u-us and s-start anew?"

Edited by Rathian

Amera was done with Ormis's shouting, not wanting this scene to get any worse, as a few of the townsfolk had started to gather around to see what could be going on. She covered his mouth with her hand, and hauled the boy back into the inn with all of her strength. She sat him down in one of the common room chairs and looked him straight in the eyes. "Listen!" She said, her tone stern and serious, probably the first time she'd been as such in a while. She got right up in his face as she spoke, "I know why you're upset. I know that what she's saying is hurtful to you, and I know she's wrong, but... you don't have to go and make it worse! I've never known my parents. They were taken from me before I can remember, and then I was sold into slavery. At least be happy that you got to spend some time with them, alright?" She asked with a smile, even though there were tears in her eyes.

Mr. Weebly had heard her talking, and had wandered into the room. "Amera, my dear, are you alright?" She quickly wiped the tears from her eyes, and turned to him with her normal, happy expression. "Yep! I'm fine! Thanks for asking, though." And she quickly left the inn to deal with whatever else was happening outside. Mr. Weebly turned to Ormis now, giving him a kind look. "That girl really has been through a lot, you know. It's amazing that she can even smile, today. Treat her well, would you?" He obviously had misread he situation, walking back to the front desk after saying his piece.

Edited by seph1212

"No we aren't." She said matter of factly. "Alright, brace yourself here..." She touched the rock with both palms, concentrating. The temperature rose up so quickly in the stone that it began to crack quite quickly, pieces falling off of it until it was just a pile of rubble. The stones themselves began to glow a bright red, immense heat radiating off of them. Light poured in and now they could climb out easily. "See? A little faith and patience is all I ask."

"Revenge? Is that what this is about?! Let me ask this then, are you done? You just murdered a man in cold blood, are you satisfied now?!" Grant didn't really care for the answer, instead letting her go with a shove. "All we're asking is for respect here. And cooperation. From now on, you do what that girl there tells you to do. If you give her ANY more shit, I will beat the shit out of you. Do I make myself clear, woman?" Grant silently thanked Amera for taking Ormis away from them. Kid had no right to do that but he didn't really try and stop him.

"I don't even care about that guy! It's a job, you damn idiot. I don't want revenge on some professor's son or some crap like that, I want revenge against the goddamn bastards who killed my mother!

But fine, have it your way! I'll just sit here like a damn good obedient girl, do whatever the fuck you guys want. Happy?" No one can ever feel my pain. This is my goal, and mine alone...

Aurelio

Aurelio released Ormis, he had cooled down enough. Either that or he was sick of holding him back.

"So, Grant, nice to see your leg's fixed up. Who managed that?" he asked, there had to be a healer about. Probably the snobby girl. "So what's happening with our caught killer? I'm not terribly fond of taking her with us."

Ormis

Ormis slumped back in the chair, not really listening to anyone talk to him. He understood what that assassin was going on about. He probably understood it more than anyone else. Yet... what was it that made this woman so eager to hurt and kill? Ormis couldn't wrap his head around it.

Well, at least this means that we have another "ally"... if we can at least call her that. I wonder...

((inb4 Trent kills me for afterthought))

Teis

Teis ignored most of the yelling. If it had gone on much longer, Teis might have gone and knocked the loud boy unconscious, but the others had handled it. So instead, after the kid had been dragged off somewhere, he simply stood near the group, close enough to hear what they said but not close enough to get in the way.

Maybe they can help me with my father...

Edited by Camtech075

"Faith and patience you'll get." He had almost been worried that they'd be stuck there, but, he was starting to learn that worrying about things like that weren't worth his time. Climbing out, the howl began to worry him, as he quickly turned to Riya. "Uhm, that howl before I unleashed my angst onto the mountain, what... exactly was that? It didn't really sound friendly." Hopefully she can deal with it with her magic, or I can... provide a distraction so that she can deal with it with her magic. Yeah...

-----

The arguing was still going on when Amera came outside, silently agreeing with Aurelio. If she's going to be this chipper the entire time, she might as well stay in the cell. "Uhm, Grant" she asked, finally saying something, "this whole thing's taken us some time, weren't we supposed to be leaving to chase after this witch?" She'd been waiting to leave for a while now, this assassin debacle taking longer than it should've.

"That howl? That wasn't a normal wolf. that was an Anri. It's hard to tall, but it's slightly distorted. And when an Wolfen anri howls like that it means it's found a meal. Now, I don't mean to scare you, as most anri aren't cannibalistic or eat humans, but... some of the less... 'chemically balanced' ones, let's say, will eat anything and anyone. My advice? Don't take the chance, assume they're all out to eat you when you're not near civilization. Now..." She went on, "the good thing about the Anri as a whole is that they aren't as magically inclined as us humans. Now, it's not that they CAN'T use magic, it's that their bodies are... Hm... how to explain... I guess you could say their bodies aren't as compatible with the elemental mana that inhabits this world. I've seen some great Anri casters in my day, some better than most humans I've seen, but it takes absolutely ridiculous amounts of training for it and... I'm rambling." She shook her head in embarrassment. "Suffice it to say, if you hear that kind of howl, be on your guard. they're clever, they're crafty and most importantly, their body is just naturally more agile and more powerful than that of a human's. So if you're going to try and fight them, magic is the way to go. Most are honestly scared of it, unable to deal with it despite their strengths. Anyway, we should get going. We're getting close, I can see some lights waaay over there, it's gotta be Lazarynth or at least some settlement."

---

"Good. You behave and you could go free. Sounds pretty fucking sweet to me, so just do what you're told... And yeah, we should REALLY get moving, we've wasted enough time as it is with Elune here, so now we've got to run. We can get there by foot by nightfall if we go now, so everyone go do what you need first, get supplies, food, anything, just be ready in about... 10 minutes or so. Let's move, people!"

Teis

Teis stepped up to the man in green armor, who was apparently the leader of this group.

"Excuse me, sir, but I hope you would not mind if I joined you on this quest of yours. I am nothing more than a wanderer myself, but I have skill with an axe as well as any kind of broadsword or claymore. I think you'll find me much needed if you are in fact trying to kill the Devourer."

Ormis

Ormis walked outside just as Grant made his announcement. He grinned.

At last, we're off!

"Suffice it to say, we should avoid it at any cost, right?" Adrian asked rhetorically, after the ramble was over. This... thing sounded terrifying, and Adrian would much rather get off the mountain now, than have to deal with it in any way, shape, or form. Glancing past Riya, he could also see a few lights in the distance, hoping civilization wouldn't be far off. And maybe they could get there before nightfall. "Alright. Want to be carried again?" he asked, almost sarcastically, as he began to walk.

-----

"Great! I'll meet you all there!" Amera didn't need any supplies, since she didn't have any weapons, and already had a potion or two on her. She scampered off before Grant, or anyone else, could say a word against it. "Maybe I can find this witch and talk to her before Ormis gets his murderous butt out here." She really wanted to try, at least. It'd be better than nothing. Bolting off in the direction of the mountain, she figured, if she didn't stop running, she could get there in fifteen, twenty minutes.

Edited by seph1212

"I believe I shall be joining you and your companions, Sir Grant. I am quite sure that you will be needing a healer with my expertise. The Goddess must have guided me to Reinaldt to aid you on your perilous journey, and aid I shall!" Lucinda declared, grinning. This was definitely what the Goddess almighty wanted her to do. After all, every meeting was not a mere coincidence, it was all but a piece in the Goddess' overall plan. She went back into the inn to pack the last of her things (and Elune's crossbow) into saddlebags, and quickly scanned for a magical items vendor. If she was going to be sole healer of a group of this size, it would be better to obtain more mediums in which to amplify magic. She scrutinized the items carefully and selected the choicest of staves. Tomes were far too bulky and hard to defend with at close range, and they didn't carry lightweight magic swords. Pleased with her two purchases, she packed them away with the rest of her things and led her horse back to the inn.

My goddess, I beg of you to show mercy to these people embarking on a most treacherous journey. I pray that you will guide them to safety, and grant me the agility to ease their weariness.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Though she still had the occasional hiccup, Seilynda finally stopped crying. She wiped her face with the handkerchief and spoke slowly and carefully. "M-Miss Elune... I'm really sorry a-about all of this. C-Come with me to get supplies, p-please?"

Edited by Rathian

As expected, she was left unarmed again. Elune silently asked herself if she'd be able to hide a short sword or a knife. She ran over to the weapon store before the pitiful Reinhaldt soldier could chase after her, and bought a sharp, curved dagger. It would suffice, for now, and if THAT was taken from her she'd laugh at their stupidity.

Now, the only thing left was to get her horse.

"No! I'm not some princess that needs carrying, dammit! UGH!" A bit of an overreaction, but it was mostly in jest. "Have you been blind to what I've been doing lately? And besides! If you keep carrying me I'm gonna have terrible legs and movement in general. If you really wanna touch me that badly I'll hold your hand like a little kid, but nothing more... for now." She added on with a sly smile.

Grant saw Amera off and waited by the gate for everyone else patiently. He was ready to find the witch and murder her. Perhaps he had been hypocritical with the assassin, seeing as right now Grant wanted nothing short of death for the woman, though he would 'talk' with her first. "Hm?" Grant was interrupted in his thoughts by Teis' question. "You sound like you know your stuff, so yeah I'd definitely take you with us if you're offering."

Edited by SlaveBlade

If Riya had made had such a reaction earlier, he'd probably have been annoyed, but now, he could only laugh at how ridiculous her reaction was. "Don't worry, I'd rather not carry you, again. You aren't as light as you look, ha ha." Holding her hand, eh? Yeah, this'll be fun. He continued to blush at her jokes, still not completely used to them. He should've thought she would go there if he mentioned carrying. Of course, he knew how to get back at her. He grabbed her hand, smiled, and just started walking with her. I'll play her game for a while. Seems like it'll be fun.

-----

Running straight to the mountain was beginning to become something or a chore for Amera, as her stamina began to run down by the time she'd reached the village closest to the mountain. "Maybe... Maybe I should've waited for everyone else... Oh well, I'm almost there." She began walking, out of energy.

Seilynda was not happy. First, she asked the whore a question and was ignored. She tried to be as courteous and understanding as possible. I mean, you should treat others the way you'd like to be treated, right? Second, she EXPLICITLY asked for Elune to stay within her line of sight, and this includes running off to places unknown. Except this wasn't any place unknown, because even though Seilynda's a naive kid, she's not stupid. Elune was OBVIOUSLY going to go over to the weapon shop and obtain a weapon of some sort. She's an assassin without a weapon; she's basically neutered, her first course of action would be to arm herself... except she's supposed to be cannon fodder. Cannon fodder does not need a weapon. Third, did Grant NOT threaten her to follow her orders lest she be mauled? This woman obviously ignored everything that was just said and went on to do her own thing.

The girl grabbed a lance from a barrel in which the guards kept them in surplus and charged Elune once she spotted her trying to get to what was probably her horse. She ran the blade through the assassin's shoulder and pulled it back out violently, leaving a large, bloody gash. "Did I NOT tell you to stay where I can see you? Did you THINK I was just a stupid little brat? Were you NOT told to follow my orders?" She was seeing red, and now that she's finally gotten her hands on a lance... that meek Seilynda everyone was starting to get accustomed to was no more. She swiped at her legs several times, hoping to knock her off her feet.

"Aargh!" This stab wound was even worse than the previous one. The blood was starting to flow out of the wound once again. "You... fucking... bitch! You're hunting some mage, right? Take a good fucking look at your weapons! How do you want to kill her, throw a sword at her face and hope it'll explode? How many of you can actually wield something which can kill her... that doesn't need you to be in her face? None of you! And if you're so determined to just have me be a liability, fine, you bastards! I'll just let her burn my body away and then immolate all of you too, alright? Or just save me the trouble and kill me right now!"

Idiots, idiots, idiots, all of them. I'll be laughing at them from hell.

"AND ALL WE'VE BEEN ASKING FOR IS FUCKING COOPERATION! YOU CAN HAVE YOUR GODDAMNED CROSSBOW IF YOU PROVE YOU CAN BE FUCKING TRUSTED! What the fucking HELL do you think we've been DOING this whole time? All I've been asking was for you, you stupid cunt, to fucking FOLLOW MY EASY AS PISS ORDERS. 'Stay within my line of sight,' I said, and YOU ran off into an armory! You think I'm blind and stupid, don't you? Instead of RUNNING OFF DOING WHATEVER THE HELL YOU PLEASE, you COULD'VE reasoned your way into carrying a weapon or five, but NOOOOOOO. Listen here, bitch. We have every right to treat you like shit, but we haven't. We could've just offed your life, but we gave you a chance to live. I TRIED being nice. I TRIED being respectful, but what do I get? YOU FUCKING IGNORE AND INSULT ME. If you have a reasonable argument against that, I'm dyiiiiiiing to know."

"Really now? Do you even KNOW what they want me to do? They want me to stand RIGHT there for this magic bitch to come and set me on fire! Do you even THINK I can accept that? To just stand like an idiot, wave my arms around and beg for this witch to kill us all? Obviously I can't, you whore, and if you were in my position, you would have done the exact same thing!"